What's new

Chapter 5 Home is where the Heart is (Ubberific) GMed by ranger

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Cheryl frowned a bit. "Your not going to frighten the poor dear are you?" Sighing to herself knowing very well that Rikke was going to go no matter what she relented. "She is currently resting at the maid dorm." Setting her sewing behind Cheryl stood up. "When you are ready Ms. Rikke. I will accompany you. I do not want the others getting the wrong idea, that you are looking for a replacement. Some might throw themselves shamelessly at you."

It was a long walk to the Maid Dorm and Rikke could tell that it was hidden and out of the way. Most likely so the higher class woman didn't have to see the help as it were. However as she saw its grounds proper she could tell that the campus in this part of the school was probably the best maintained and prettiest by far. What was even more interesting is the Maid dorm was a series of several cottages. Speaking up Cheryl explained. "Each cottage holds up to eight maid students. They live eat and sleep together until they are assigned or picked by a mistress. Each cottage has a competition each year to get the best marks as a matter of pride. The school supports this by awarding new supplies and better tools to the winner." Gesturing to the left at a small cottage. "She should be in there resting." As Rikke and Cheryl spoke she noticed that she was constantly getting stares and looks that were quickly snipped down by Cheryl with a withering glare.

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Rikke giggled lightly at Cheryls comment in regards to the would-be replacements "Well~ I'd understand if those were butlers in training, but think we'll be safe around the maids." she'd wink slyly to the girl, yet certainly didn't refuse the company! If anything it would make finding the girl in question all the more easier!

While Rikke had seen the maids work, back when she was taking the tour around the campus, the girl never actually saw where the girls slept. Somehow she almost imagined a few floors of the dorms just dedicated to them, yet the truth proved to be far more interesting! As indeed the maids lived in what almost was a tiny village! An exemplary tidy little village! Albeit the absolute clean nature of the place shouldn't have come as a surprise, afterall from what the rogue gathered each of the girls in training here were keen to serve the most elite and prestigious people!-- Infact it was then Rikke actually realized that in all of her pampering from Cheryl, she knew very little of the girl herself...

Still as the duo went onwards, it was certainly strange that Cheryls earlier words carried some truth? As indeed with the duo walking through the Dorms Cheryl nothing was busy nothing short of shooting down any and all hopeful gazes at the rogue, even spurring some measure of embarrassment or akwardness from the orange haired beauty "S-So~...Why is everyone here so keen?"

The brief explanation providing just enough conversation for the duo up to until they reached their goal! "Mhm~ I won't be long." Rikke gave Cheryl a kind nod and went onwards, knocking on the door politely, before attempting any sort of entry... It was time to find out what the girl saw!

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Cheryl looked at Rikke and smiled. "To serve one of the academies ladies is a great privilege and looks very good on your record for later employment. While some of the girls here have had their masters send them. A few more are freelance. Sold to the school or taken in from orphanages. The Academy has a smaller school that the young ones go too, it insures that they are the best trained maids in the country." Cheryl moved them to along a secondary path to a small cottage that seemed empty, but had one window open to the small vegetable garden. "Here we are. Her name is Lilly please be nice to her. She has always been... delicate."

Taking a moment to assure Cheryl Rikke stepped into the extremely tidy house. As per usual not a thing was out of place and she could have almost swore sparkles filled her vision as she scanned the room. On her left was a cloak rack that held all the girls cloaks. Each was full as the weather had been rather nice today, hardly a cloud in the sky. To her right a step up from the floor was a tiled kitchen with only a waist level wall the separate it from the entry. A small table with six chairs sat neatly a vase of flowers at its center. Along the far wall was the kicking hearth its coals sill glowing softly. Next to that was a small preparation table that had its own basin for washing and a indoor water pump. Next to that was the cubbared that held various dishes and cups. Several draws probably held the various utensils. Wiping her feet Rikke stepped in a bit further to notice a sitting room with several chairs arranged in a circle. All looked worn but well cared for. A large chest sat against he wall under a window. Further on was a hallway that seemed to separate into three different doors along its walls. Once was cracked open slightly where a light sob could be heard.

Last edited:

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score
The room was certainly a marvel of tidiness and coziness, yet there did not appear to be any residents around? "Hello?" Rikke spoke up curiously, looking around as she'd tentative enter inside-- only for her ears to pick the subtle sounds of crying? Was someone hurt? Still it felt nothing short of rude to try and investigate just like this... "Lilly?" the girls tone shifting from her usual casual cheery self to one far more tentative as she attempted to call out their would-be hostess.

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
The crying stopped only for a tentative hello to echo back. A moment later A waif of a woman came out from one of the doors down the hall. Upon seeing Rikke she quickly dabbed her eyes dry and curtsied. "Sorry Mistress." The girl moved quickly down the hall letting Rikke get a good look at her. She was tall which made her seem thinner than she was. She easily towered over Rikke, and gave some men a run for their money. Her long legged strides quickly closed the distance letting Rikke catch a glimpse of reddish brow locks stuffed under her little maid hat. Unless Rikke stopped her she would bow before her. "How may I serve you Madam."

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Rikke certainly allowed the girl the grace of the greetings she likely practiced all too many times, even up to answering the girl in a polite manner Cheryl had taught her in turn... yet that would effectively be the end of the formalities! "Hey~ S-sorry if we're intruding." the rogue instantly returned to her usual much more casual and friendly mannerisms, beaming the girl a smile as she'd sheepishly rub the back of her neck, hinting at some measure of guilt at interrupting Lilly at what seemed to be a rather sensitive time.

"Can we talk for a moment? I'm er... well, keep it a secret and we can call it 'investigating' the events that happened in the city. Could you... maybe share what you saw?" the rogue even leaned forward subtly, keeping her bright smile throughout! Even if she was casual, the girl did seem to make an effort at staying as polite as possible with her inquery!

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
The smile did help a little but the pale skinned girl lips quivered at the mention of what happened in the city. "P-please have a seat Madam. Ill put on some tea.. to help calm my nerves." Quickly Lilly moved over and made a rather quick set of tea and brought it over on a silver platter. "Would you like cream or sugar Madam?" Going about her duties seemed to put her at ease a bit as she waited for Rikke to respond. Answering how she would the girl poured Rikke her tea and then herself a small cup that looked dainty in her hands. Even sitting down Rikk was dwarfed by at least two feet. As she sat and Lilly collected herself she saw a hint of blue in her otherwise quite pale skin. Her eyes where a silvery white/blue. In a way she almost looked as if she was a giant from crolian legends. Of course she was far too small to be one of their kin.

After a moment she finally spoke. "I was getting fresh cream for the cottage this morning when I heard a loud noise. Startled i jumped back just in time to see a tattooed woman come flying threw the air and land in the dirt. She was very fierce looking. She had this huge meat cleaver in her hands and it was covered in some sort of black liquid. I screamed of course but the woman didn't flinch. Thats when I saw the horrible beast come charging down the ally. He was covered in thick fur that was full of daggers and those pointy sticks that guards shoot. The beast looked at me and snarled. I nearly passed out from fright. Thankfully two other woman followed out from the ally and attacked the thing causing it to run off. The scary woman got up, looked at me and chased after it. Ive never been so scared in my life.

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score
While at first it didn't quite hit Rikke just how large Lilly was, when the girl drew closer and even when they sat down it was.. relatively difficult NOT to notice sheer difference in height between the duo and Lilly herself! "M-m?-- Oh, just sugar will be fine." the rogue gave Lilly a kind nod, continuing her subtly albeit curious observation of the towering girl. Whoever she was, the girl did not appear entirely human at all... there were tall people sure, but Lilly was nothing short of a giant!

Still the height of the frail girl, utterly dashing any image the rogue may have had of her from Cheryls stories, was quickly outdone by the tale itself! As indeed Rikkes eyes widened with absolute disbelief at the tale! "A tattoo'ed woman and a beast?" the heroine had come to the girl with hopes of learning a tad more about the Jericho nightly visits, but to receive this information instead! Infact... this tattooed woman "Did.. did you happen to catch any of the fighters name? Maybe they said or mentioned something?" as indeed both the beast and the fighters sounded far too familiar! Perhaps the 'fighter trio' more than anyone! Yet... it was too early for them to arrive with the gear and this beast?! What was going on?

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
"I-I'm not sure. The beast was howling and there where grunts. I was just so terrified." Rikke saw Lilly's cup shake a bit. She paused a moment gathering her breath. "I-I'm sorry I just don't remember." She sighed a bit and sat quietly a moment. "I really hope this not a indication of the rest of the semester. Alrady three weeks in and this happened." Lilly held her head in one hand and sighed.

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Rikke smiled gently at the indeed clearly gentle giantess and placed a hand on Lillys own trembling fearful hand "Hey... It's alright." she'd take a light breath "Keep this between us all, but I think I know the fighters that you had seen. They hunt down such creatures to keep you safe, if anything what you saw was not terror, but heroism! Afterall, they all stood and fought that thing off." it was... partly a white lie, but seeing exactly how much the girl was affected, it was a justified one! Besides it was only partly a lie!

"What were you doing out there anyway? I thought students weren't normally allowed to leave the grounds?" infact this may also reveal near where the incident occured! As it was growing very clear that the rogue herself would need to head outside and see if this was indeed Irie and co!

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
"Maid students have special permission. Our duties often have us deal with the farms and town nearby for supplies. I don't know if I can head back to Johnson's creamery for a good while now. They make the best butter." Lilly dabbed her eyes a little before looking up at Rikke. Still if only the maids where allowed to leave that would mean she would have to sneak out. "Why Madam if you wanted a pass you could apply for one. Though you need a reason to enter town."

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score
So only maids could exit... Seemed that would be the apparent detail the girl would have to overcome first and foremost! "I see... And this incident was near there? Where you saw the heroes fight?" the rogue intentionally framed the scene in a far less intimidating and more bright light, if only to aid in calming Lilly down! Still with that final detail figured out "Thank you, Lilly. And hey! If there's ever anything or you see anything suspicious or out of the norm, come find me alright?---" it was then it struck the rogue "Oh! Right, I'm Rikke! Since I'm not your Mistress, feel free to act as casually or as comfortably as you like around me, alright?" she'd giggle with a subtle blush, as indeed in her rush she had all but forgotten to introduce herself "And this is Cheryl. Everything you'd like to share with me, you can share with her." the rogue gave Lilly a firm nod "Besides, with my shared secret of investigation. We're all sort of partners now!"

Hopefully a bit of assurance of a friend and support would help the gentle soul out, besides who knows... maybe Lilly will notice something odd that neither her or Cheryl could ever really see otherwise! Albeit with that their business seemed to be all but done, as indeed seemed while the rogue was investigating and seemingly actively falling to Jerichos lewd traps inside.... outside the academy a new crisis may have appeared! "So~ Maybe see you late, Lilly?" Rikke beamed their hostess a bright smile, as indeed with thanks and a farewell, unless there was something else, the duo could take their leave!

"So~" RIkke spoke up with a dangerously mischievious tone that Cheryl may have already learned to recognise... "Exactly who overlooks the maids departure?" as indeed the rogue already had a plan... a plan to potentially slip out as one of the maids!

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Lilly saw them off with a gentle goodbye and they had cleared the maid compound before Rikke made her intention known. She didn't need to see the very desperate look on Cheryl face. "I.... I see.. well the maids are free to go on their day off." Cheryl reached out and touched Rikke's shoulder. "Surely.. your not thinking....." She sighed "Of course you are." Resting her hand her head as they walked. "More importantly and better fitting your station you can apply for you own day pass Rikke."

Getting ready to speak Rikke soon found herself face to face with the dreaded twin tailed Celest. "Oh~ Look what we have here girls. The skank is out for a walk." This brought some giggles from her crew. Smiling that very dismissive smile she glanced at cheryl. "My dear if you ever want a real Lady to serve I will gladly take you on." Cheryl bowed "My Lady seems to be mistaken. Mistress Rikke is my charge and I will see it too the end. After all I was chosen to accompany her a rare gift for any Lady in the school." This brought a sharp tch from Celest as her and her crew moved on.

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score
"Daw~ But that's so much more boring." Rikke cutely bemoaned the far easier suggestion Cheryl shared... No wonder most of the rich snobs were so boring, they had everything handed to them! "Well I guess." after all knowing the University no doubt the maids were under strict supervision and a maid looking like the rogue was bound to overly attract attention, highlighting her sudden appearance! Seemed that would have to be Plan B.

Yet just as the rogue mused over her plan, a most unbearably familiar voice echoed out... Celeste. Albeit considering what plans of petty revenge Rikke used to have, after their er... 'comradery' during the nightly events, calling the rogue a 'skank' after the rogue had seen Celeste--- well it didn't matter "A pleasure to see you too, Celeste." Rikke uttered in the most sarcastic way possible, sighing deeply only for the focus to shift to Cheryl? Seemed the maid was not counted 'as bad' as Rikke herself, even going as far as showing interest in the girl joining her?

Albeit Rikke hardly even for a moment doubted what Cheryls answer would be, spurring the heroine to smile teasing, almost mockingly at Celeste herself "Daw~ Did your own maid quit? Or just trying to enlist more lackeys to try and feel more important?" no... Rikke did not like Celeste at all, it was a notion she didn't quite entirely hide! Yet be it with Celeste moving away or Cheryl breaking the would be furious banter off, the two groups separated in an uneasy mutual disdain... Hopefully the rogue would never have to work with THAT horrid creature.

"Oh... right. Day pass! Well remember when I told you about my friends?... Well, think that was them, but they arrived far earlier than I thought." Rikke shared with Cheryl, albeit kept her voice a little bit lower than usual "Not to mention the thing that had Lilly... I've got a bad feeling about it." albeit this did delay her research on the Jerichos, especially with one confirmed member for the girl to investigate!.. An attack on her friends from a supernatural beast no less took priority!

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Sadly Cheryl had to part ways with Rikke. While her maid she still had her own classes and duties to attend too. With a quick set of directions Rikke soon found herself in front of the dreaded administration building. It had been three weeks sense her last visit at the start of the school year. Still this is where she needed to go to apply for a day pass. Entering the building she almost bumpped into the kind woman from the carriage ride carrying a stack of papers.

"Ooof!" the stack careened wildly a moment before the woman with little effort born of much practice got them in order with out dropping them. "Oh Lady Rikke what can I do for you today?" The woman moved to her small office and motioned for Rikke to sit. Helga made herself comfortable while Rikke explained her desire. Nodding she filled out a piece of paper. "Very good come back in about an hour and I should have this approved for you to go tomorrow." Helga smiled leaving Rikke to do as she would. Not to mention if the pass wasn't ready today she could do what she wanted.

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score
The administration building the hive of bureaucracy... Albeit truthfully what limited contact the rogue had with the staff was usually quite pleasant!.. Minus the silent glares from the Old Crone would she spot the rogue, a glare that always forced the rogue to button up her shirt proper and fully! Still, seemed if she wanted to get this permission to leave she'd just need to apply here! Er... somewhere?

The building itself beared a similar style to most of the others, even if this one clearly had been far more carefully renovated, its sheer maintenace akin to the pristine appearance in the Maid quarters! And among these halls, she'd just need to find--- "Ah!" as in an unexpected twist or turn around the corner, Rikke suddenly found herself facing a massive pile of papers ones that wobbled all too dangerously right infront of the girl who'd just about attempted to leap to the rescue, only for now such rescue to be required? "Eh? Oh! Miss Helga!" the rogue beamed a smile to the familiar face and likely the only one of the female staff that she always referred as 'Miss' every time... the womans welcoming and kind nature certainly earned the girls respect!

Yet the bump in proved all too fortunate, as seemingly just a brief chat later Helda had the pass almost already ordered and ready!... With one catch "Tommorow?" Rikkes blinked in subtle disappointment, as unfortunately... while getting the pass proved nigh-effortless, it too would be trapped in the bureaucratic traps of the faculty just as everything else! Atleast for one day "I see... Well thank you either way, Miss Helga!" she'd beam the woman a bright smile, even acting a tad more politely as if doing an effort to repay the kindness of the woman via showing off the teachings.

Still, as Rikke stepped out of the office, she certainly couldn't deny the feeling of disappointment at the disrupted plan... The rogue nibbled on her lower lip considering the situation as she walked. The situation outside... seemed she'd not be able to intervene without risking a few of the University rules. Still this should be fine, above all else Rikke trusted her friends! They were surely fine, a day or so more won't change anything! Yet what was she----

"Miss Helga!" Rikke rushed right back to the office peeking her head inside "It won't be a bother if I drop by later today or tommorow, to pick it up. Right?" as indeed with that final hopeful dismissal of the speed-bump, the rogue indeed had a plan already! The plan she had before hearing of the incident! The girl smiled mischieviously to herself, as indeed how can she meet up with her friends without some juicy information on Jericho!!! And she just so happened to know where the Stable Keepers office was! It was time to do a little bit of sneaking in and investigation!

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Miss Helga thought a moment before beaming a smile at Rikke. "Ill see what I can do to rush it along." WIth that the rogue was free to explore other options. A few moments later RIkke was near the stables once more. She could clearly hear some of the other girls riding about the training fields with the strong swift commands of the Stable Keeper. No doubt she would have all the time in the world to explore the stables err well at least as long as classes went, and from the sounds of the voices asking for help it seemed the Stable Keeper was a very popular man. The only question was how she would go about her task. Walk in as a student or sneak threw the nearby open window as a rogue.

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Classes during the weekends?... These must've been the girls who signed up for the club! The rogue was relatively sure that there were atleast a few posters and notices about the Horse Riding one. In fact, it was a club the rogue considered taking part in herself as one could only go so far from the rather simplistic knowledge she had when it came to Horsemanship! Still this proved to be effectively the perfect setup! As the rogue could only lick her lips in devious delight, as she'd slip the notice and move in to the stables, perhaps even the residence or office (had the man one) for investigation!

And the investigation to Jericho certainly called for a rogues touch! As with her ever-bright rogueish spark bright in her eyes, the busty beauty moved to indeed sneak inside the office! Be it a handy window... or a lock to be picked!

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Loitering around the window would surly get her caught. However no one would blame a student for being in the stables with a club going on. Walking in was easy enough, though the strong scent of beast and hay did a little bit of nose curling. To her right was a small desk with some paper work. A quick glance showed off feed figures and what looked like a supply list. Next to that was a small closed door that lead into the stables. To he immediate front a large open sliding door lead to the stables. There seemed to be 12 stalls all together, eight on the left and four on the right. The room she was currently in seemed to be the tack room various saddles and other gear hung on racks and pegs. Two distinct whinnies came from the stable, hinting that not all the animals were in use today.

Eyeing the door Rikke moved over rather quick and tested it. Meeting resistance she quickly knelt down and pulled a few pins from her hair. In quick order the door's lock popped open allow the rogue to slip inside. Once in she found a rather comfy if cramped office. A large couch sat against one wall. Fresh stains covering the cushions. More importantly a large roll top desk sat open. Next to it a rather sturdy chair sat, its seat padding rather worn. The light from the window highlighted a brass glow stone lamp that sat the desk its dull shine revealing the motes of dust in the air.

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Even if the past while the rogue was nothing short of pampered, Rikke was certainly a far cry from a noble too moved by the smells of a stable!.. a-albeit it was still not exactly pleasant by any means! Still the smell mattered little as the busty student moved onwards with her sneaky inspection! Figures, supply lists... stable supplies... none of this was what she was looking for!

Yet there was a seperate door here... A private quarter perhaps? Rikke snuck closer and after a subtle look around 'inconspiciously' tested the door with a denying 'clud' sounding out - locked! 'Damn...' albeit at the same time this being the only door locked here did potentially hint at perhaps some items that were meant to remain confidential? Well~ One way to find out! A simple locked door was far from a challenge for her, as with a bit of creative use of her hairpins and patience a satisfying click echoed out! Alright Stable-Keep, lets see how well you kept Jerichos secrets!

As with that though in mind, Rikke slipped inside and closed the door behind her just incase! Right! She had time until the club activities concluded and judging by the what she saw that would be more than enough! Now then... Rikke turned around with a mischievious smile and got to inspecting the room!

A rather roomy couch, a sturdy chair, a basic bronze lamp and... a roll top desk! Moving quickly the rogue approached the desk and began to look over the obvious documents left on display and even the drawers, her eyes quickly skimming each peace for anything out of the norm! Yet just as much the girl kept an eye out for any items that proved a tad odd to boot!