What's new

Chapter One: 2012

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Chapter One: 2012

Seattle, WA

Saya looks down at the money till as she sighed, wondering where the hell she was going to go on from this point. She looks out the window at the few cars pulling into the gas station, refuelling, she had not had a runner for the last little while, which was good. Her pay would get docked whenever one of those assholes got away.

She adjusts her name tag a little, feeling it was crooked, then realized no matter how much she adjusted it, it would likely tilt to one side or the other. Annoyed, she simply let it be and picked up her half eaten candy bar, taking in the chocolate delight as she let her mind wander.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Stalham, England

It was another typical Friday for Kiriane, who like most days, was lying across the sofa, hugging a blanket to keep warm in her unheated flat, with her laptop sitting in front on the coffee table. She was in the midst of downloading a few new albums, idly chatting to one online associate whilst wondering if another would log on today, and feeling increasingly hungry as she ignored the need to get up and have some food. She had been reading various strange articles about a crisis regarding wildlife and industries that dealt with it. Something about hysteria amongst the local farmers too, but Kiri hadn't paid too much attention. It was just another bird flu scare. Same as all the other media storms such as swine flu, last years drought, the fuel shortage, postal strikes, and everything else that had people up in arms, panicking and proclaiming the end of the world. Somehow these things never seemed to effect Kiri in the least, and right now she was much more concerned about whether the RP she was participating in would receive an update today.

Reputation score

Montego Bay

Jamal chuckles at the man as he raises his hand to chest height, palm outwards.

"Yoo got questions? Mon, we all got questions. And who's dis 'we' yoo talkin' 'bout? Ya got a tuhrtle in ya pocket? 'Sides, ya didn't answer my question fihrst. Who are ya, and whatchya be doin' ootside mah station?"

Jamal is still smiling, though he folds his arms across his chest.

Lurker
Reputation score

Tampa, Florida

Victor all but ignores the man. "I just got comfortable, guy. And while I may not know much, mysterious dudes in suits are as often bad news as good. So why don't you sit here and have a drink with me while we figure out what's up?" He puts his arm out in invitation, offering the seat next to him to the stranger.

OP
Caulder

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Gencin

"Oh, I intend to bother with you, Miss. You see, You have something special that we need. Answers. Please, come with me. I'll explain everything." the man says plainly as he holds out his right hand for her "Trust me. It beats sitting here waiting for nothing to happen."

Bedford

"To put it plainly. You are one of few people in the world who were chosen to receive the gift of power. The power to survive." the man said, helping her into the car, then closing the door for her and quickly moving around to the other side to enter the car and sit down. Once inside, the man turned to Astra and smiled "You are one of the saviors of the human race." he says, nodding to the driver, who shifts the car into drive and takes off down the street.

Poznan

"I see. So the rumors are true. They did predict it......" the man trails off, then snaps back into the real world "Have they told you anything about your body? We believe that you may hold the answer to everything. And, as a show of good faith, we will cover all of your medical expenses. If you agree to help us." he says, reaching his right hand up towards his ear, waiting for the girl to respond.

Seattle, WA

As Saya picked up the candy bar, a man in a black suit walks into the gas station, then holds out a bundle of money, counting out fourty dollars and handing it to the woman. "Forty on pump Three." he speaks. If Saya were to look out, she would see a black sedan parked at the pump, another man in a black suit standing next to the gas pump. "And tell me. You are Saya Miwa, yes? If so, I need to ask you a few questions." he stated, then smiled as he adjusted his black sunglasses.

Stalham

Outside Kiri's flat, a man in a white suit adjusted his tie, then knocked on the door, awaiting her response as he raised his left wrist in front of his face "No, I have it covered. Just keep the car running and I'll handle the rest." he spoke into his wrist, waiting for the woman to answer her door.

Montego Bay

The man stops as Jamal raises his hand, then chuckles "We meaning the people I work for. I can't reveal everything, but you are one of very few people who were given a gift. You may not know it, but it's there." the man says, reaching out his right hand "Ever wondered what you were truly capable of, Mr. Wallace?" he asks with a smile

Tampa, Florida

The lead man nods as he sits down, the other two men in suits backing away and out the door. The first man, adjusting his tie, smiles as he places his right hand on the table. "We need to know if anything.....Special......has happened to you recently. We believe you may have a special gift that can quite easily save the world." the man says, his left hand then dropping from his tie to the table.

Reputation score

Jamal cocks his head at the man, still grinning like an idiot.

"A gift, ya say? Unless yo're talkin' 'bout mah rad surfin' skills, or bein' a wicked dee jay, I don' know whatchyo're talkin' 'bout, mon."

Jamal moves to walk around the man towards his bike.

"Look, it's been nice talkin' whitchya, mon, but I gots ta be goin'. Da surf's callin' mah name."

((I've sent you a PM, got a couple questions)).

Lurker
Reputation score

Tampa, FL

A bit of a grimace crossed victors face at the word "power"' He looked at the mysterious man and said, "Don't go saying things like that so lightly. Power gets people in trouble these days. It's why I'm glad I don't have one, and why I'd be reluctant to help you if I did. Which I don't. Besides, the world is fine. The people are fucked." With this said he takes a long sip out of his glass. "Anything else you want?"

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Saya looks at the money, then punches in the amount to the computer allotting the fuel before taking the money and ringing up the receipt. She takes a bite out of her candy wondering what this was all about as she looks down at her nametag, "Yeah, that's my name. Is this about the robbery that happened here last week?" She peered at her watch, her break was in a few minutes, she hoped this wouldn't take too long.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Stalham

Outside Kiri's flat, a man in a white suit adjusted his tie, then knocked on the door, awaiting her response as he raised his left wrist in front of his face "No, I have it covered. Just keep the car running and I'll handle the rest." he spoke into his wrist, waiting for the woman to answer her door.
Kiri lifts her headphones and listens for a second, "Was that the door? Hmm..." she mutters almost silently,kicking her legs and swinging upright off the sofa, taking the blanket with her. She heads to the door and peers round the corner a little, confirming that there was someone outside. She tucks a stray bit of hair behind her ear with one hand and opens the door part way, looking to the man as she speaks, "Hello...?" She greets quizzically, waiting for the man to introduce himself. This guy was a little unusual. Certainly wasn't the normal Jehovah's witness at least.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Poznań

Anna's eyebrows raised again as the man began to talk to himself. What the Hell was he talking about? Prophecies? As far as the girl was concerned, prophecies were nothing but rubbish. As the man began to question her again, the young student sighed. "Not really. Personally, I think that even if they do know what happened, they don't understand it. I've heard a rumor that they're arguing about me all the time. That's polish health service for ya, perfectly organized and ready for all emergencies." Altough Anna seemed to maintain a relatively upbeat attitude, she hoped that no one would try to vivisect her. The man's proposition suggested that she could avoid that - would you pay for someone's health bills if you intended to use the sucker as study material? Of course, the girl had no idea what she could get herself into. But on the other hand, she wanted to know what was going on - and unless she agreed, she'd never learn. "Well, sounds like you expect much. An answer to everything? A bit unreasonable if you ask me, but I guess reason isn't worth much right now. Count me in."

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

London

Grantham takes a long sip of his coffee and lets out a sigh before he turns to address the white-suited man.

"Oh I think I know what questions you want answered," Grantham says only quietly enough for the suited man to hear, anger obvious in his voice. "And I don't think I want to give you the answers you want." Without warning Grantham leaps out of his seat, intending on grabbing the man in the suit hoping to use him as a hostage to get himself out of this situation.

OP
Caulder

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Montego Bay

As Jamal moved to walk past the man, his left hand darted into his shirt, drawing out a steel baton and holding it in front of Jamal "Easy there, now. No use covering it up. We know you have an ability. And we were told to apprehend you by any means necessary." the man says, smiling as he reached his right hand for his sunglasses, adjusting them and chuckling "We can do this the hard way. Or the easy way."

Tampa

The man sighed as he reached his left hand into his suit, then looked at Victor "No use covering it up. We know you have an ability. Now, you can cooperate, and tell me what it is, and answer my other questions, or we can take you into custody. Your choice." the man says, his left hand obviously clenching something inside his suit

Seattle

The man chuckled as he reached his right hand into his suit pocket "No, no. This isn't about the robbery. This is about you." he says, drawing out a small white device, looking at it for a second, and smiling as it began to glow a faint purple "I believe you have something special. Something we need to know about." he says, replacing the device and adjusting his tie "When are you on break? There are things I must tell you."

Stalham

As the door opened, the man smiled gently as he removed his glasses, revealing his brown eyes, but in the hand opposite his glasses, he held a small white device in his hand that was glowing a faint purple "My name is Neal. I'm with a group who specialize in finding people. A certain someone has asked us to find you for him." the man says, replacing the device within his pocket and then replacing his glasses on his face, the signature horn-rims glinting lightly off the light in the hall.

Poznan

The man smiled as he stood from the chair "Thank you, miss Ptak. There are more questions I should ask, but for now, please rest." he said, reaching his right hand up and touching his earpiece "She's agreed. Jake, please come up here and look after her while I attend to other business." he says, the door opening and another man, this one dressed in a plain black turtleneck and black jeans stepping into the room, his features hidden behind a surgical mask and black sunglasses. As he approached her, his face seemed to glow red under the mask. "This is Jake. He will be attending to your every need until you are well enough to leave. Jake, Ms. Ptak." the man stated, then exited the room, as Jake stepped over and sat in the seat his friend hat sat in beforehand.

London

The man in the white suit is caught off guard, Grantham grasping him by the suit as his sunglasses fall from his face. Beneath, Grantham sees two black spheres where the man's eyes should be, as he raises his right wrist to his face "Go!" he yells, as three more men in white suits and sunglasses storm into the coffee shop, each holding a custom pistol in hand and pointing it at Grantham "Don't move!" one of them yells, pulling back on the hammer of his pistol and taking aim at Grantham's head.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

London

Momentarily shocked by the mans eyes Grantham releases his grip and takes a step back as the other men rush into the coffee shop and take aim at him. He contemplates attacking them all for a moment but quickly realises that he's at a disadvantage.

"Fine, fine," Grantham says gruffly as he dusts himself down with one hand, his eyes never leaving the suited man's eyes. He raises his one hand up in the air, as if to surrender for now. "I'll answer your bloody questions."

OP
Caulder

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

London

The man in the suit bent over to grasp his sunglasses, nodding to the other men, two of whom exited the building, the third remaining. "Come with me. We can't stay here." the first man says, leading Grantham out of the coffee shop and towards a black sedan parked outside, opening the door for him and ushering him in "Quickly. It is not safe here." he stated, as the third man from before opened the driver's side door and sat down in the car, starting it as the first waited for Grantham to enter the car.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

London

Grantham looks at the men as they enter the car, and pushing back any thoughts of running away to the back of his mind for now he sighs and gets into the car. Grantham then sits there waiting for them to address him before he speaks.

OP
Caulder

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

London

After entering the car, the first man nodded as the car took off down the street, racing through the city at nearly 15 over the speed limit. "Grantham. We know you have an ability. We need your assistance tracking down and capturing others who have them as well." the first man says, taking off his sunglasses, his eyes still black spheres as he looked over at the older man "We intend to try and cap off this problem. If people with abilities like you and I have continue to run rampant, the whole world could devolve into chaos. Normal humans against advanced humans. You would be hunted like an animal, and treated as such when found. Do you want that to happen?" the man asks, his right hand moving to place his sunglasses inside his right coat pocket, obviously very trusting of Grantham, either that, or trusting his driver to assist him should Grantham try anything.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

London

Grantham sits silent as the man talks and remains silent for several more minutes. "Do you honestly think I give a damn about any other human, powered or otherwise?" Grantham spits through gritted teeth as he glares at the man. "Humans abandon and kill each other without a moment's notice, whatever happens I'm still sticking to my plan. If you want a hero you're barking up the wrong tree."

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Poznań

Anna nodded. Altough in her opinion she had enough rest, she didn't want to argue. She was a little suprised that there was another person here. This, along with Andrew's statements, hinted that they intended to take her with them. Where? The girl had no idea. Anna watched Jake for a while, wondering who exactly he was working for. The government? She found that unlikely. Ever since communists lost power, politics continued to argue with themselves instead of doing their jobs and it seemed that this trend would last for quite a while. Perhaps this was some bigger organization... Pondering this, the girl decided to kill some time with a conversation. "Say, what's going on here? Sounds like something serious is happening."

OP
Caulder

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

London

The man with the black eyes laughed lightly to himself "We don't need a hero. We need someone to come up with something to neutralize these powers. Then, you can go back to doing what you want to do. We'll even let you keep your powers. What do you say?" he asks, his eyes locked on the older man next to him, searching for any indication of feeling

Poznan

Jake looks over at Anna, his sunglasses hiding his eyes as he reaches up for his mask. He holds it as he speaks, keeping his eyes on Anna "The world is supposedly coming to an end. We think that people like you and me might be the cause. People with powers and genetic mutations." he says, releasing his mask and leaning forward in the chair.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Stalham

As the door opened, the man smiled gently as he removed his glasses, revealing his brown eyes, but in the hand opposite his glasses, he held a small white device in his hand that was glowing a faint purple "My name is Neal. I'm with a group who specialize in finding people. A certain someone has asked us to find you for him." the man says, replacing the device within his pocket and then replacing his glasses on his face, the signature horn-rims glinting lightly off the light in the hall.
Kiri was clearly enough rather surprised at the mans words. "Me? Why would someone want or need to 'find' me. And who?" She asks. She'd never done anything particularly noteworthy in her life, and now there was a private investigator of some kind at the door.