• Sinnoh

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

Bartnum

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Interest and Set-up Thread for a Possible Pokemon-based RP

Question: Does the region we end up RP'ing in have any bearing upon the Pokemon we can have? Ie, if we're in Kanto, does that mean we can't have any Poke'mon that aren't in the original 150?

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

At the moment, yes. You are limited to the original.

I am considering either a) Expanding to include the other regions at a later point, or b) allowing characters to come from other regions.

My advice would be to plan the character using the restrictions. If I decide to go with option b, then you can redo to fit the additions in.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Fuck Yeah!

Character Info:

Name: Blaze Sakura

Physical Description: Blazing red, spikey short red hair, dressed with a red jacket and black shorts and t-shirt, finished with travel boots and a cap turned backwards. Also has a backpack on her for her gear.

Background: Though she originally lived in Pallat Town, her family moved to Saffron in order to be in a larger town. Blaze has had some experience with Poke'mon care before, thanks to the familie's pet Spearow, Flitter. Shortly after finishing high school, Blaze decided the time was right, and set out for her own journey, with Flitter now being cared for by her younger sister and a brand new, combat-ready ally named Ember.

Initial Companion: Ember, Charmander

Last edited:
OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Okay, here's where things stand as of now:

Starting region: Kanto.

This will start off in the Kanto region. However, it may eventually expand to include the others. How your characters react to the plot will determine if things expand.

Initial Companions: Determined by character origins.

I've decided to allow players to choose pokemon from other regions as their "starter". However, they must have a clear reason for being in Kanto. Visiting a relative is enough, if you are willing to RP that character, should they enter the scope of the game.

Treebeard

Lurker
Reputation score

I may be new here, but I find this topic to be relevant towards my interests.

Name: Virgil Hawkins

Physical Description: Tall and wiry, with dark, sandy colored hair and light brown eyes. He wears a pair of brown, rather baggy, pants and a white long sleeve shirt with a red vest.

Background: Virgil grew up around Pokemon constantly, his mother being a breeder, and his father being an avid scientist of Pokemon. He got his starter Pokemon just a couple of month ago, but he hasn't really had any time to go out and become a true Pokemon trainer yet. He is visiting the Kanto region to see his grandparents, both of which are somewhat retired Trainers that live in Pewter City.

Initial Companion: Flare (Female Torchic)

I assume that this will be sufficient?

Last edited:

plmnko

Tentacle Smut Lord
Reputation score

Character Info:

Name: Cronos Rayforth

Physical Description: height: 1.80mts, weight:82kg, clothes like the male cooltrainer with brown hair, green eyes

Background: he is a professional trainer from goldenrod city, he start to be a pokemon trainer at the age of 14 years old, after his second year he left to be a trainer to help in the familiar bussines in the daycare, where his tyranitar and her feraligar left a egg (yep totodile). After solve all the problems Cronos decided to go to a new adventure with his new totodile to kanto, because he want to start from the beginning in a new continent. He's a very good cook, and know survivor tec.

Initial Companion: Killer Machine (Feraligart)
MOVES
Crunch
Earthquake
Ice Fang
Hydro Pump

Last edited:

Megamickel

Lurker
Reputation score

Name: Timothy Berenger

Physical Description: Tim stands about 5'6", and has a fairly large girth. His light-brown hair is generally left unkempt, and his green eyes are full of cheer. He wears loose jeans, a red plaid shirt, and a brown vest with attachments for pokeballs.

Background: Tim was born into a farming family southeast of Celedon City - he spent his life around pokemon such as rapidash and tauros. When he turned 12, he came across a baby squirtle lying on the side of the irrigation ditch. He picked up the squirtle in his arms and carried it inside. Over the next couple months, they grew together as he nursed it back to health, and when it was finally able to stand, they spent every moment together. Squirtle proved to be quite helpful to Tim when they worked out on the farm, which only helped to solidify their relationship. On his 14th birthday, Tim's father told him to leave, that he needed to find his own purpose in life. If that was here on the farm? He was welcome to come back anytime. But for some reason, he didn't think he'd see Tim for a while.

Initial Companion: Squirtle

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Time for another update.

This is where things stand for who's going to be in at the start:

Alugere - Granth, Viathen (007), starting in Fuchsia City.
Oni - Alexander, Gardenia (280), starting in Saffron City.
Bartnum - Chris, Simba (155), starting on Cinnabar Island.
Lurker - Blaze, Ember (004), starting in Saffron City.
Treebeard - Virgil, Flare (255), starting in Celadon City, at harbor.
Plmnko - Cronos, Killer (158), starting in Celadon City, at harbor.
Megamickel - Timothy, Squirtle, starting near Celadon City.
MBS - Shiro, Charmander, starting in Pallet Town

Last edited:

Bartnum

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Alright, my Character.

Name: Chris Reyson

Physical Description: Short red hair. Wears a white shirt and brown shorts, covered by a red cloak.

Background: Growing up on Cinnabar Island, he became fascinated by the volcano. His fascination soon turned to obession, and he quickly developed symptoms of Pyromania. He was eventually calmed down, but continued his love of fire by deciding to become a Fire Pokemon Trainer.

Initial Companion: Simba (Cyndaquil, Male)

Last edited:

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Updated Ember, had to dust off my SP to find a good city to start from.

Master_Bei_Shun

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Digging through my old games... (Found most have had there internal memory cell deleted sadly, so I have to go by my last backups... and yes I do keep Backups) I realized I've spent over 1000+ hours in the PokeMon world *Headdesks* from original r/b/y to s/g/c to r/e to Fire red, and even borrowing my sisters DS (I still don't own my own) for Diamond. Only ones I missed out on were Saphire and pearl... and Leaf green And each one with an average of 120-200+ hours per backup some with multi files (backups only include up to crystal)

In other words... I play way waaay too much of this stuff.

*Poke Zealot*

Might as well join in this...lol

Character Info:

Name: Shiro Aramada

Physical Description: Eyes a shade of blue they seem to glow in contrast to his jet black hair, Almost always wearing his old Martial arts outfit.

Background: A former student of the Saffron Fighting Gym, His final test before receiving his promised first PokeMon of Hitmonlee or Hitmonchan was Shattered. A Desperate act by the neighboring gym, brought to there knees And shamed by a child, visiously attacked and destroyed our Dojo in an act to save face with PokeMon League.

Left with nothing, but his own Survival skills his Martial Skill an his Icy Glare, He wanders and settles into the only place he thinks of where one can "Start Over."

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

I got a small question: Will Items play a huge roll? for example, antidotes and awakens, and maybe higher pokeballs?

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Depends on whether or not I end up using a system.

If I do, then yeah they will. If not (which is how I'm currently planning this), then such things will merely be background stuff and up to the player as to whether or not to use them.

Treebeard

Lurker
Reputation score

Well, if he's ausing a dice system, I'm guessing that it would. Potions and the like to cure poison and other ailments on the road, and a higher level pokeball would probably add a multiplier onto the roll or something. That's how it was done in the actual game, at least.

Edit: Ninja posted! Damn!

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Double-post...but I don't really care.

Here's where stuff stands: Once Bartnum gets his character finalized, and I get the time to do so, we'll start this. Only the characters already posted will be in at first.

Two things to remember.

First, I do not want people to start using this RP to cyber. If you want your characters to do those things, imply it. I don't mind characters developing relationships. Just no smut.

Second, encounters (except for PvP) and evolutions (except Stone-based ones) will be decided by me, or an designated assistant. I do already have one who is not playing in this game. PvP outcomes will be decided by me.

I want this to be fun for you guys. Just be ready if I decide to throw some surprises at you.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

I want this to be fun for you guys. Just be ready if I decide to throw some surprises at you.
You mean pokemon evolving into unknown pokemon or just things they really shouldn't be evolving into?

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Nothing like that. (Nowhere near that creative...)

More like, oh say, a few building fires or some really bad weather. Nothing too difficult to deal with, but there won't be an outright warning.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Random Events ftw!

I'm gonna enjoy this game!

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

First, I do not want people to start using this RP to cyber. If you want your characters to do those things, imply it. I don't mind characters developing relationships. Just no smut.
Thats alright, I wasnt planning any :p
I'll keep GardevoirxTrainer to mah fiction.