What's new

Cleansing Light - Cassius Black - An infamous recovery

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Brightness. It was probably about late morning, then. Maybe. A headache was still in progress.

The last that was clear in foggy memories was encountering a keg in an undead's lair. The broken mirror nearby might have been a clue that something strange was up. However, the test drink was still taken. As the undead hunter passed out, the mirror flared, and something felt odd now.

When eyes were opened, the location would be clear. On the roof of a bakery in Mathyrn.

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Cleansing Light - Cassius Black - An infamous recovery

Cassius groans as he sits up, rubbing his head as the world continues to spin. His first thought was of where the hell he was. His second was why the world was spinning. And his final thought was where the hell his pants had gone, after looking down and noticing his mostly-bare legs. "Well. Shit." was all he could say before setting his head back down and rubbing his forehead, a nasty headache forcing him back down.

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Cassius' headache was starting to subside to more tolerable levels, when a voice came from somewhere lower... and nearby.

"Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to exit the doughnut!" When Cassius would look, there was a dark-skinned man on the ground, glaring up at him with one good eye. The other was covered with an eyepatch. The man's dark outfit and long black coat would mark him immediately as Nicholas, the local king's spymaster.

Last edited:

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Cassius sits up, his hands on his head as he looks down, noticing for the first time he's sitting in a massive fake doughnut. "Uh. Shit, this is NOT what it looks like." Cassius says, moving to climb down off the doughnut and almost tumbling off, but managing to right himself with a drunken sway before grabbing hold of a ladder nearby and sliding down, before stumbling backwards and planting his tush on the ground. It would be during this whole commotion that the Spymaster would notice Cassius doesn't appear to have any pants on, with his telltale white undershorts covered in red hearts showing and all.

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

By the time that Cassius had started moving, the Spymaster was already heading inside the bakery/restaurant. Also, by the time he was to the ground, the hangover had subsided enough that his pants were visible once again.

Taking a bit of pity on the drunken Reaper.

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Cassius stands, walking into the bakery with his head hung low in shame. When he finally finds the seat the Spymaster had chosen to sit in, he sits down across from him, with a groan, his right hand resting on his back to soothe a pain there. "I take it you're here to haul me in for something. Or maybe you've finally taken my warning about the undead seriously." he says to the one-eyed man, his left hand adjusting his mask as he speaks.

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The spymaster's good eye narrowed slightly. "I'm more interested right now, in finding out just how the hell you got into Mathyrn without being seen entering."

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Cassius leans back in his seat, looking up at the ceiling. "I'd like to know too. Last thing I remember was delving into the bowels of an Undead lair, finding a keg of ale, and then waking up here with you yelling at me." he says, tilting his head forward to look at the one-eyed man cautiously, his guard now up upon the realization he might have been brought here against his will.

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

While the spymaster's brow furrowed at Cassius' story, the only other visible person in the room, a relatively non-descript man, was heard to mutter a soft "Shit..."

At that, the spymaster turned slightly to glare at the man. "You have something to add?"

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Cassius sets his elbows on the table and clutches at the sides of his head, groaning when the Spymaster turns to face the man. "Let him be. He probably doesn't know anything." The Reaper speaks, his mask staring across the table blankly

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The man in question approaches, and addresses the spymaster. "Sounds like he ran into that artifact... It would explain why he just appeared in the capital." At that, the spymaster stopped to think, nodding.

The man, should Cassius stop to look at him, would appear to have an almost perfectly average appearance for a human male, and was dressed in the most commonly available and used style of clothing worn by those who frequently traveled. In fact, there was effectively nothing outstanding about the man's appearance.

Which likely meant he was one of the spymaster's agents.

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Cassius raises his head at the mention of an artifact. "Artifact? What kind of artifact are we talking?" he says, turning his head to face the man who had spoken.

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The man continued after getting a nod from the spymaster. "There's an artifact in existence known as the Sinister Keg. According to what reports we've got on it, when someone drinks from it, they immediately pass out, no matter what their tolerance. In addition, they teleport to some random location. Often these reports include tales of a glamour-like illusory effect making it look like the victim isn't wearing any pants."

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Cassius, upon hearing this, plants his face on the table. "Dammit. So that's how I ended up on a doughnut with no pants on." he says, before lifting his head back up and staring across the table at the Spymaster. "So, as you can see, I didn't come here of my own will."

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The spymaster narrowed his eye. "If something like that was involved, we need to secure it quickly. I assume, Reaper, that you at least can remember where you were at previously?"

The as-yet unidentified man pulled out a map at this, and laid it out on the table, where Cassius could easily point out the lair's location.

He can, no roll.

Last edited:

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Cassius leans back, tapping the forehead of his mask with his right index finger in a slow rhythm. "Here." he says, pointing to the location of the undead's lair on the map with his left index finger. "You'll find a cave there, and deep inside, the keg should be in one of the main chambers." he says, planting his right hand over his mask and looking down.

Last edited:
OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The man collected the map, then looked over at the spymaster. "I'll go get it. With any luck, I should be able to be in and out before more undead show up there."

The spymaster nodded in approval, although he was already back to scowling, even leaving without further word.