What's new

Convert/Translate/Edit SL files

Discard

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
As the title implies, I wish to open an SL file so I can translate it. Or rather, an important question; possible to convert it to txt then google translate document, then convert back to sl?

I have a game which has .sl files and with File Viewer Plus I can see the content. Opening with Notepad or VScode gives something else. I've done a lot of googling, but since there is so LITTLE information about it, I decided to ask somewhere. And I am unsure if this is the right place.

(Game also has .json files, I translated them which translated the game about 20%. But inside the Json's I can see it call for these SL files (AdvLoad xxx) (and xxx being the file name, apparently the extension .sl doesn't need to be entered), which might be why the game isn't 100% translated yet; its RPG Maker MV)

Thanks, if it was hard following, basically what I want is Edit, convert or translate this SL file. If its convert, to txt preferably since I can then google translate the document. There is 526 sl files.

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Name of game? Engine it was made with? Anything more?
Just because file is of .sl type, doesn't need to mean anything. Could be just custom made by devs and it could just happen to have common extension .sl with other types.

OP
Discard

Discard

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Name of game? Engine it was made with? Anything more?
Just because file is of .sl type, doesn't need to mean anything. Could be just custom made by devs and it could just happen to have common extension .sl with other types.
Demon Girl Cornelica (https://ulmf.org/forum/hentai/hentai...83%AA%E3%82%AB) - If your looking for download, there is a mega in the third page

RPG Maker MV

Uses .js and json I guess.

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Ok, so I took a quick look at it. As I suspected, those files being of .sl type has nothing to do with it other than "just because". So no, you won't find anything to "decode/translate/edit SL files"... Kinda, because the decoder itself is in plugins folder. It's just an issue of modifying the code itself, so it outputs all scenario files as .txt for editing and after that, converting it back. Preferably during start of game.
It does use some "key" for coding/decoding, but I am assuming that the "key" is just rmmv key for encrypting files (and that encryption was already broken and getting that key requires max 5min on google).
So yeah, you just need someone to analyze the code and edit it so it does exactly what you need.
Find someone who is good with JavaScript, should be a child's play for such person.

Last edited: