OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Corruption Tournament OOC discussion and planning

Poke to Pervy, I am finished.
Are you utterly sure your points add up.

DaBomb

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I'm pretty sure they do. Just recounted them and it looks fine to me.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'm pretty sure they do. Just recounted them and it looks fine to me.
Alright, if thats the case, Cassandra is Denied due to having a too high mental stat. I am aware that skills can increase your mental stat, but even with a +2 from skills the maximum you can possibly achieve for a roll as Demon is 24, for a total of 26. In your case, going by your own roll of:
24 [5d6=2, 6, 6, 4, 6]
Dropping the lowest of 2, your roll results in a 22, makes 24 total, as after being told to review her mental stat and check over her again you insist on it being correct you leave me no choice but to deny her and ask you to re-reeview the rules, feel free to ask if you have any questions, and create a new character if you so desire afterwards.

atex2500

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

like 24 is a pretty strong score man none of my shit breaks 16 so you have almost an instant win against my char and most chars if you play your cards right.

DaBomb

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I wasn't aware that each roll corresponded to a stat, I thought we simply used the points we rolled to buy the stats, like some kind of point buy.

I'll revise the stats now, my apologies for misinterpreting the rules.

Edit: Fixed, I hope everything else is fine?

Last edited:

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Ah... so that's what you did. I was looking at the rolls myself and trying to figure out how on Earth you'd came to the other stats as well. It didn't really make sense to me that anyone would go to the trouble of providing solid evidence of nice rolls, and then seemingly just fudge the stats anyway. So was pretty sure that wasn't the case. xD

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I wasn't aware that each roll corresponded to a stat, I thought we simply used the points we rolled to buy the stats, like some kind of point buy.

I'll revise the stats now, my apologies for misinterpreting the rules.

Edit: Fixed, I hope everything else is fine?
You haven't explained magic fan sufficently for me yet, apparently its just a renamed gadget fan? Nor can I quite see a phobia petrification coming into play with the heroes, even if it makes sense for the character, but thats an aside.

See, you request a character with limitless power. One of the eldest demons, all that. I allow such things, but at the same time, I do not allow it as readily as I allow something that ties into the current storyline, or is a more modest character. Not all backrounds are created equal after all.

You want the rp power to say 'Magic, yeah, I taught you that' And while the writeup is good, its not that good that I feel it earns that kind of rp power, not after blundering several things in the buildup and with a rather condensed cut and dry op mage gets trapped but is free now! backstory.

Heres how I see her working: An upstart mage that sold her soul to demons, got tricked and turned to stone and went insane, believing herself what you wrote there in her backstory.
Otherwise, I'll uphold the deny and ask you to come up with a new concept.

Last edited:

DaBomb

Cthulhu
Reputation score

You haven't explained magic fan sufficently for me yet, apparently its just a renamed gadget fan? Nor can I quite see a phobia petrification coming into play with the heroes, even if it makes sense for the character, but thats an aside.
It's essentially just gadget fan. I'll fix the name in a moment.

You want the rp power to say 'Magic, yeah, I taught you that' And while the writeup is good, its not that good that I feel it earns that kind of rp power, not after blundering several things in the buildup and with a rather condensed cut and dry op mage gets trapped but is free now! backstory.
If i'm understanding you correctly, you're essentially telling me that I can't have the background I want for my mage, because I misunderstood the rules?

Heres how I see her working: An upstart mage that sold her soul to demons, got tricked and turned to stone and went insane, believing herself what you wrote there in her backstory.
Otherwise, I'll uphold the deny and ask you to come up with a new concept.
Not really a fan of being forced to use a character background I don't want to use.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

If i'm understanding you correctly, you're essentially telling me that I can't have the background I want for my mage, because I misunderstood the rules?.
Because your backround and understanding of the rules does not meet my standards in regards to the character you want to play.

I could go on a long tangent, but the bottom line is this.: Power is not something you claim, its something you are.. and I don't think you are ready to depict such a character based on what you give me to work with.

You should start with a moderate character and let her grow strong, allowing you to learn how it feels to play a villain, an antihero, or whatever you wish to portray there, thats truly overwhelmingly powerful, because its not as easy as some people assume. For example, for Innocentquest where my villainous character will play a central role I deliberated, as in, pondered and talked to other people because that inspires me, for a few days before I even settled on a core personality and motivation.

When considering a good character writeup, look at and try to find how many W questions it answers, you get minus points for any answer thats 'Because she can' or 'thats the way she is'
-Why was she petrified
-Why teach humans magic?
-Why can she even teach magic if she seems a mostly focused enchantress?
-What is her goal now?
-Why was she freed from petrification?
-Who petrified her?
-Why does she have apprentices already?
-What do her servants think of her?
-What is her cup size?
-etc.
Not to say that a character backround needs to answer all questions, but it should answer any questions, not just create them.

DaBomb

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Your profile sheet specified for a short bio and the one I wrote was something I thought was short and interesting. If my background isn't explanitive enough, I assure you, my revision will not have anything that could be confusing.

Edit: Done.

Edit2: If that's not enough, i'll think of something else tomorrow. It's the same background I used for the game on hypnotic, and I wasn't expecting it to be denied this time, since i'm apparently incapable of understanding such a complex algorithm of rules.

Last edited:
OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Its not wise to draw attention to your old character, which you abandoned without comment, I think when she lost once? But indeed, I recall her, and indeed, this circumstance is a reason why I took a stricter look this time, I'd rather have you keep playing a mediocre character that can keep growing than have you abandon a high end character you struggle with. Assume that I want the best for this rp as a whole in all my actions, which usually includes the best for you as an indivdual rper as well.

Also, try that 'I got away with it before so its no problem this time either!' argument with a police officer, I dare you.

Either way, it seems you are now stepping to mocking me, with this backround:
Name and title: Cassandra, The Enchantress
Type: Demoness
Short description and Bio: Cassandra is a demon that can use magic. She's good at using the Enchantment school.
Orientation and interests: Lesbian, Dominant. Futanari, Impregnation, Curves, Mind Control, Corruption
I understand getting a denial is unpleasant. Pushing against me rather than trying to work with me is however, pretty much the opposite of what will give you good results. So, yes, I suggest you come up with a new character.

Last edited:

DaBomb

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Denial I can cope with.

Being denied because I apparently don't understand the rules well enough, is i what i'm not keen of. I misread a single part of the rules and suddenly my character's backstory is invalid. It destroys the entire concept of the character I had in mind, which is pretty much a few hours of trying to come up with something else. And to add insult to injury, I am told to just replace it with a 'mainstream trope'; human sold soul to gain power.

Do you honestly not realize how insulting that is?

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

You had multiple chances to review or ask about your character, I've been very direct in asking you if you were certain she was ready before denying her. The mentality that prevented you from taking a critical look at her and working with me to ensure she fit into the campaign is the real problem. I believe you'd be more comfortable dealing with a mainstream trope, often the most interesting characters are build over time based on simplistic ideas, just ask my female captain Jack Sparrow thats slowly becoming more in the mists campaign.

Either way, you should rest for the night and consider what you actually want to do in the rp and how to entice others to want to encounter your character.

DaBomb

Cthulhu
Reputation score

[Insert snarky comment here]

I don't want to though, if I write something that basic than it doesn't make sense considering I have the highest mental score of all the demons listed in the Character Gen. (After a one time look over.) I mean, how does it make sense that some random slut who can cast a few spells, sells her soul to some random asshole demon, now all of a sudden is far more powerful than the great Anyin, or anyone else for that matter.

I don't know. I'm tired and aggravated. I'll try to think of something in the morning.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Power is not a simple number, but again, this remark is why I insist on my doubts you can portray an ancient magic teacher properly.

A truly powerful dom isn't written as 'RAWRR SHE IS SO POWERFUL AND YOU ALL SHOULD SHIVER BEFORE HER! LOOK AT HER MENTAL SCORE, HIGHER THAN ANY OTHER!'

No, when I start writing a powerful dom, speaking for myself, I ask 'How can she be beaten? What is she afraid of? If she is so powerful, what limits her and what goals does she strive for that she can't already reach?' Knowing those answers beforehand I know how to roleplay her, I know what can beat her.. and I know how she reacts to things around her. Thats why I know Anyin would have a definite edge in a direct confrontation, for example.

Unrelatedly I got a wolf girl heroine, and a vampire-trap demon ready to go, any interests?

DaBomb

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Sorry, I should have worded that better. I didn't mean power as "Raw combat output", I meant it in relation to my mental stat, as I currently have the highest mental stat out of everyone. It may be just me, but it feels strange that a normal human could gather that much mental prowess in such a short amount of time.

I don't really know too much about my character and I don't want to invest any time into them, until I know what is acceptable for them. I want to have a backstory that makes sense with that stats I was given, if that makes sense.

Fucking, uh... Would you be fine if I said she's the former apprentice to a mage and killed them for power, or something to that regard?

Last edited:

plmnko

Tentacle Smut Lord
Reputation score

Please try to dont double post. Also, try to stay calm or this could need more time to get solved.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I don't really know too much about my character and I don't want to invest any time into them, until I know what is acceptable for them. I want to have a backstory that makes sense with that stats I was given, if that makes sense.

Fucking, uh... Would you be fine if I said she's the former apprentice to a mage and killed them for power, or something to that regard?
It shows you did not want to invest time, instead you included a slightly odd backstory that clashes left and right with everyone with a supreme character.

That said your alternative would work and propably make for a more believable concept. Let me tell you someting about Anyin whom you referenced in her backstory, like an equal. Anyin is my 'best' villainess and yes I do rp her as ancient and powerful illusionist, sometimes she will claim to have been born from the very first erotic nighmare a human had. Now, I'm confident in playing such and other villains not because I'm overconfident, but because I know what works, and what doesn't, how they should deal with sucess and with failure, because I had it all. I've played anyin in various incarnations for over 8 years. I can get into the mindset of something ancient and powerful because I tried it, I know how it feels, to everyone that hasn't tried it I would recommend starting small and seeing how it feels to be an allmighty ancient sorceress, with the fall back of 'oh yes, I missplayed her, but thats because she only got those powers recently' or etc.

DaBomb

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Alright cool. I'll start writing something like that. Oh, and question. I assume Generals have their own turns separate from your own?

And, for how long has the demon invasion been going on?

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Alright cool. I'll start writing something like that. Oh, and question. I assume Generals have their own turns separate from your own?

And, for how long has the demon invasion been going on?
No, they act together with your attack.

Accounts vary, at least a few weeks.