What's new

Countdown from 1,000,000

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
957 692

Huh. But then again, I haven't gotten any report notifications in a loooooong time. Just spotted the cunt in the wild, removed his shit and banned his ass. No mercy or some shit like that.

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score
957 689
*washes Guan's mouth with tasty bacon soap*
Germany got a good healthcare system, that's fine and all....but someone has to teach them how to make coffee that's actually tasteful and enjoyable. :rolleyes:
Ehhh, starbucks & similar hasn't gotten to you yet? Lol wait for it, experience the superbness of one on every corner, even sometimes two on the same corner!:sneaky::coffee:

Stuffie

TouchFluffyEars
Reputation score
957 685

Ehhh, starbucks & similar hasn't gotten to you yet? Lol wait for it, experience the superbness of one on every corner, even sometimes two on the same corner!:sneaky::coffee:
We actually have a Starbucks coffee machine in my office. As far as I can tell, almost noone gets a cup. Probably because the coffee tastes about as crap as the coffee from the regular machines employees can have for free. :p
Apart from that, there are Starbucks stores here and there in Austria I believe, but they're not everywhere. Probably because the average Austrian either gets his/her coffee in an actual café, or they make their own at home, so I could imagine Starbucks isn't doing much business around here. In Germany, they don't know what coffee should taste like though, so it's probably an El Dorado for them. ;) XD

Stuffie

TouchFluffyEars
Reputation score
957 683

Yes, I believe there's more of a "coffee culture" in Austria like you said, hence good coffee has more meaning to us (not necessarily including me, as I stopped drinking coffee years ago). We have tasty beers as well though! German beer tends to taste slightly different from what I have experienced, but it's still good. :)

*serves Malo a cup of proper Austrian coffee along with a slice of *

EDIT: Just noticed a section on that Wiki page regarding coffee culture:

"Vienna claims to be the "coffee house capital of the world". A strong tradition of coffee houses created an environment where both residents and visitors could meet, share ideas, and leisurely discuss the events of the day. The coffee house status in Vienna would become central to its culture and tradition with the cornerstone of each fine coffee house being its freshly baked cakes."

Also, there's a Sachertorte day in the US - what the f*ck? XD

SirMalo

Cthulhu
Reputation score
957 680

We actually have a Starbucks coffee machine in my office. As far as I can tell, almost noone gets a cup. Probably because the coffee tastes about as crap as the coffee from the regular machines employees can have for free. :p
Apart from that, there are Starbucks stores here and there in Austria I believe, but they're not everywhere. Probably because the average Austrian either gets his/her coffee in an actual café, or they make their own at home, so I could imagine Starbucks isn't doing much business around here. In Germany, they don't know what coffee should taste like though, so it's probably an El Dorado for them. ;) XD
Luckily i don't drink coffee, any alcohol or need to smoke. Makes life so much easier. Many people around the world say german beer is very good but no idea if that's correct.