What's new

Creating a sexy Trading Card Videogame

ShinX

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Hi, guys.
Any idea about a program or an editor I could use to create a videogame based on a Trading Card system?

Thanks

Last edited:

foamy111

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Creating a sexy Trading Card Videogame

Hi, guys.
Any idea about a program or an editor I could use to create a videogame based on a Trading Card system?

Thanks
Game Maker or Dulst. Not sure if Dulst allows hentai card games though and it's limited to the website.

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Game Maker or Dulst. Not sure if Dulst allows hentai card games though and it's limited to the website.
I've tried to figure out a way of doing trading card games in game maker, but nothing has sprung to mind...though you;d probably need to use a ds_list for the card data

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Flash? I don't see why not. You can do a lot of things with Flash.

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

I remember looking into this very thing. I recall a game that I used called magic workstation, when I was competitive into card games years ago. Also I believe there is a ccg engine called lackey ccg out there on the internet somewhere. Sadly I cannot do much more than that.

Minerve

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I remember looking into this very thing. I recall a game that I used called magic workstation, when I was competitive into card games years ago. Also I believe there is a ccg engine called lackey ccg out there on the internet somewhere. Sadly I cannot do much more than that.
Both are kinda ugly lookin' though.

Ya would draw the cards by yourself or take pics on the internet?

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

And you wonder why I never really went any further with it?

There are certainly some decent looking card games out there. Though I have to say that it would probably be a monumental pain in the ass to do anything remotely inventive. I can think of about 20 different games with "here is your party of 5 cards on attack and 5 on defense, now make with the clicking to progress yourself through this dungeon". Those games are all cookie cutter trash.

On the other hand there are games like magic online, and a few others like that which are full on online versions of the real games.

It depends on what you are planning on doing. If you are planning on making your own independent card game, color me interested as I would say that I have a pretty good knowledge base for that.

omp1234

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Learn C++ or some other base programming language.