What's new

Ironstrom

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Critical Hit is published by MangaGamer and is available to Pre order on their store now to be available to buy and play from the 19th on wards.

However If your interested now you can also purchase it from Nutaku and play right now.

& is $8.99 10% off on launch.

TsukiWare patreon here:
Tumblr :
Twitter :

Content Features
Trap Protagonist
Fourth Wall Comedic nature
DnD style told story with a "Game master" leading events.
Fantasy Sex encounters across 3 cg's with 4 variations each.
Approximately 50 minutes of reading materiel.
Uncensored content not fit for a steam edition.

Comment
Hi Ironstrom here you might know me for my other project Lewd Warfare a Match 3 Yuri game in development. I Funded this vn project as one of the steps along the road to grow my projects in both scope and funding. I've since converted my LW Patreon into a multi games Patreon or a studio Patreon. Whilst I'l continue to produce visual novels as I enjoy them I do want to get back into more gameplay like projects as it becomes feasible.

kekken

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Critical Hit

I got this missing the 'Kinetic Novel' descriptor. Not knowing what that was, I was disappointed to find that this is just basically an unbroken story. No choices or anything. That's just...meh. Might as well be something posted to a story site with pictures to illustrate.

Sue Nami

Demon Girl
Reputation score

But not about many of the better ones.

OP
Ironstrom

Ironstrom

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I got this missing the 'Kinetic Novel' descriptor. Not knowing what that was, I was disappointed to find that this is just basically an unbroken story. No choices or anything. That's just...meh. Might as well be something posted to a story site with pictures to illustrate.
There are vns out there with choices but some of them are so minor they mean nothing to the story we could of had choices but it would of been essentially the same. I didn't crowdfund this in anyway publicly or have it on patreon until the end of development. It was self funded and this is the most of what I could afford out of personal funds.

However with the eventual sales money I'l be able to make one with "choices" and more scenes.

To go further Sakura spirit first title had no choices until the end of the game and that mean't nothing and many people commented on it. But it wasn't labeled Kinetic for having that one arbitary choice at the end. In many dating a type vn or sex encounter vn there are choices to get you out of your situation and skip the sex scene generally or for preference types of content. I'l have choices in the future.

Last edited:

kekken

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Not to say it's a -bad- story, mind, but placing it under the -games- section does tend to imply some manner of interactivity other than clicking through messages to the end.

I am disappointed with the purchase, but I'm not angry or cheated. A little on the pricey side, I'll say, but I won't say that it was an out-and-out bad setup, just misleading in the location you've posted it.

Deleted member 194301

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Me: "Hey, it's a cute girl with short white hair! Always good to see more short-haired protagonists."

Me: *orc gang rape CG piques interest*

Me: *looks more closely at the crotch area in said CG, then notices bulge in the main picture*

...I'm going to bed. That faint sobbing sound you hear in the distance is probably me.

Last edited:

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score

Sure would have made a beautiful chick. Too bad.

To me a trap has to kinda sorta resemble a boy. This face is all female, all female, and you throw a dick on it just because.

Eh, well, I suppose that works for some.

$8.99 for 3 images is not going to flow for me though.

Cheddy413

Demon Girl
Reputation score

You really should give the players a choice of the current version, and one with a proper female protagonist =/

lancer081292

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

You really should give the players a choice of the current version, and one with a proper female protagonist =/
why add in all the extra work for a female protagonist when this person could just...ya know...make a game with a trap protagonist and be done with it.

Edit: and this isn't meant to target you specifically but anyone who commenting about how traps could have made a decent female character or just make a female protagonist or whatever. STOP IT. there is more than enough female protagonist games/VN's out their let the trap fans have at least some of them

Last edited:

Nimrod

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

In my humble opinion!

The author should make a version where the main character is a chicken nugget, to satisfy all the junk food fans out there.

Jussayin!

OP
Ironstrom

Ironstrom

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Sure would have made a beautiful chick. Too bad.

To me a trap has to kinda sorta resemble a boy. This face is all female, all female, and you throw a dick on it just because.

Eh, well, I suppose that works for some.

$8.99 for 3 images is not going to flow for me though.
It ended up being the recommended price with some reduction that I could sell it at whilst my publishers would still be able to make some money for selling it as adult games have abit of a higher preamuim on it. Its about a middle ground for similar titles that would normally have female characters in instead in a much fluffier vanilla way. Sometimes Including asset packaged backgrounds & music.
In the future I would probably charge a similar price but provide more content provided I can afford to do that. & I thought I should be very clear about the amount of cgs and the timelength.

Not to say it's a -bad- story, mind, but placing it under the -games- section does tend to imply some manner of interactivity other than clicking through messages to the end.

I am disappointed with the purchase, but I'm not angry or cheated. A little on the pricey side, I'll say, but I won't say that it was an out-and-out bad setup, just misleading in the location you've posted it.
): sorry to disapoint you if it was gameplay orientated or had choices I would of probably had a demo or alpha for it I dind't set out to make it choiceless it just ended that way as more of a story then a route driven thing. I dind't advertise it as having such and its also labeled on Nutaku as being Kinetic but I get its not a term that everyone is used to if you've not played/viewed vns before.

Sangoku25

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So for me is something nothing.
Especially because it's female colored man. XD

Nelico

Demon Girl
Reputation score

IT'S A TRAP!!!

Sorry, I just had to:D

And so it begins... we will now see the same kind of flooding of "cheap" work we see with japanese H-RPGs. "Cheap" meaning either short, buggy low quality stuff or glittering CG sets in NVL or ADV format...

But as th Sakura games have shown: People don't want long epic stories full of good writing, they want glittering anime grills with boobs/butts (or boys that look like girls) -.-

But that was rude of me, I'm fully aware of it and I wish you the best of luck hoping the money you get will go into bigger projects:D

Manamana

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Super cute main character, but I'm not into yaoi, so I wish you good luck with the game :)
I'm always happy to see more western devs/artists trying to bring new things to the community ;)

Aestral

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Not into traps, so it's not really my piece of cake, but I suppose I couldn't have all the pieces, or I'd be fat. Always glad to see more western h-games anyway!

OP
Ironstrom

Ironstrom

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

IT'S A TRAP!!!

Sorry, I just had to:D

And so it begins... we will now see the same kind of flooding of "cheap" work we see with japanese H-RPGs. "Cheap" meaning either short, buggy low quality stuff or glittering CG sets in NVL or ADV format...

But as th Sakura games have shown: People don't want long epic stories full of good writing, they want glittering anime grills with boobs/butts (or boys that look like girls) -.-

But that was rude of me, I'm fully aware of it and I wish you the best of luck hoping the money you get will go into bigger projects:D

You can tell me off when TsukiWare has the budget of those titles and still doesn't make longer, high content good value for your buck titles. But I'm among various other devs here that are trying to improve things one way or another. I've worked with some of those potentially "cheap" flooded teams that have the money, but choose not to significantly improve upon what they provide. I just can't anymore cause its against what I want to be as a developer(Still stand by Lupiesoft though). However at the end of the day I'm still paying someone to work for me and produce the eye candy everyone wants to see(not specifically all traps). The material is a fair sight more hardcore then Sakura though and its not pandering to a steam demographic as that's entirely non feasible with our materiel.

It'l be a while before I make the return from this but I'l be discussing with the team on Monday the next step forward and I'm caught between 2 options right now or just trying to do both. Project 1 will have Crit's artist and project 2 will probably use another or have another artist to help out.

The Two projects we want to do are

1): Male to female gender swap, progression to demon.(This is what I'm more interested in personally but it'd probably be a different writer, however Critical Hits writer would still be editing it)
I have it in mind to make this a potential Free episodic vn with choices along with a kinda demon/pure route mechanic ideally I'd attempt to crowdfund it in some way to allow it to stay free. If that fails I'd probably end up a Paid for title or I'l reconsider plans for it. I'd like this to be free cause I see a certain amount of success in doing it this way and I'd be able to get it out to a lot more people then a paid only title that would potentially help my patreon and public awareness of my titles.

2) Tomboy protagonist potentially yuri(This is what the writer of Critical Hit is intrested in doing the most right now)
This will be a pay to play title that will probably have a steam edition since its got no fantasy monsters (currently that get in the way of that) We'd be working with MangaGamer to help us get published on steam also.

I'd require some form of crowdfunding for both or other form of support as I pretty much used everything I had outside of rent money to afford Critical Hit and it'l be some time before I receive the sales from the title. If I want to move forward now there's plenty to think about :D

Should my patreon pick up at any point along the line,kickstarter does well or the funds that come in are great I'l be back to looking at the gameplay orientated projects and hiring a more full time team for Lewd Warfare the more ambitious project I've got going on(old alpha available if your curious about that project)

I agree that Critical hit is short and I did say that:D But we all have to start somewhere. Least we never finish :D

Ulterior

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hey, there was a YouTube video by SMBVIP with Akira as the main character called Critical Strike.

It looked like an early version of a game. Is that something you're also making from TsukiWare? Or is it just a fan project?

OP
Ironstrom

Ironstrom

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Hey, there was a YouTube video by SMBVIP with Akira as the main character called Critical Strike.

It looked like an early version of a game. Is that something you're also making from TsukiWare? Or is it just a fan project?
Seems like fan project :O Got any information about where it can be found?, I'm curious.

Yeah I'm not really sure what is mean't by blue canvas on the video.

Last edited:

Ulterior

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Sorry, I don't have any more information. I thought it might be yours so I asked.

I guess SMBVIP knows. He left an annotation in the video that he said was a hint on where to find the game.

The hint was "Blue Canvas". :confused:

Not sure what that actually means though. I ended up finding Critical Hit instead with the video and the hints. So I'm not on the right track :D

QUESTION, do you plan to release this game on DLSite in the future? I tend to buy games from that site, even if they are slightly pricier.

Last edited: