What's new

RPG [Crouler] Alone XP

Pakars

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Alone XP (Formerly VX) -

Even though not much is really added since last time I played the game, it was still 4 solid hours, even though this was technically a replay. Found no bugs this time, except one. The Major's second quest (the one where you should talk to Lisa upstairs, because something bother her) don't work, since Lisa doesn't say anything about it (still talking about how you knocked her up earlier). I guess the quest isn't fully implemented yet, or then you just forgot to put a switch somewhere.
You're supposed to read her diary on the counter in her room(Or at least, that's how I finished that quest).

An actual bug would be the one where the lazy soldier asks you to help her get time off. If you turn on her and tell her to get to work, you can't turn in the quest(Or at least, I haven't yet found a way to complete the quest).

@crouler Does a high summoning level do anything for combat at the moment(P.S. Summoning doesn't show up for several fights)? I had around 150ish and haven't yet seen the whole game(Well, I did see the ending), but haven't found any effects.

Do you intend to fix some of the early-game problems with enemy scaling like the first fights with ghosts(+jailer to make him beatable?), the forest bees and the orc kidnapper quest in particular? The orc kidnappers hit far harder than anything I've met in the game(I was only able to cheese them out at level 8 with Leg Sweep).

It would be nice if you started the game with some really basic weak armor, even with like 20-30ish to DEF and MDEF, because the early enemies hit insanely hard for your 0 DEF to deal with(Whoops, one critical and you're dead. Hope you saved!).

If you went over the early parts of the game's text, and reworked the Divine's dialogue to be more consistent, it would be great(He's the biggest offender). The story is really good, but sometimes the way the Divine acts/talks is... completely irrational/character-breaking, to say the least("Do you doubt my badoissity?!" being one example). The grammar/spelling mistakes are fine, but the inconsistency throughout the early parts of the story breaks the immersion.

Also, will you either increase the base movement speed, or put running(via left shift) into the game? Walking from place to place in AloneXP is really (REALLY) tedious.

Overall, I really enjoyed the game, and I look forward to the completed work. It still needs some work, but it's great.

Last edited:

yourworstnightmare

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

You're supposed to read her diary on the counter in her room(Or at least, that's how I finished that quest).

An actual bug would be the one where the lazy soldier asks you to help her get time off. If you turn on her and tell her to get to work, you can't turn in the quest(Or at least, I haven't yet found a way to complete the quest).

@crouler Does a high summoning level do anything for combat at the moment(P.S. Summoning doesn't show up for several fights)? I had around 150ish and haven't yet seen the whole game(Well, I did see the ending), but haven't found any effects.

Do you intend to fix some of the early-game problems with enemy scaling like the first fights with ghosts(+jailer to make him beatable?), the forest bees and the orc kidnapper quest in particular? The orc kidnappers hit far harder than anything I've met in the game(I was only able to cheese them out at level 8 with Leg Sweep).

It would be nice if you started the game with some really basic weak armor, even with like 20-30ish to DEF and MDEF, because the early enemies hit insanely hard for your 0 DEF to deal with(Whoops, one critical and you're dead. Hope you saved!).

If you went over the early parts of the game's text, and reworked the Divine's dialogue to be more consistent, it would be great(He's the biggest offender). The story is really good, but sometimes the way the Divine acts/talks is... completely irrational/character-breaking, to say the least("Do you doubt my badoissity?!" being one example). The grammar/spelling mistakes are fine, but the inconsistency throughout the early parts of the story breaks the immersion.

Also, will you either increase the base movement speed, or put running(via left shift) into the game? Walking from place to place in AloneXP is really (REALLY) tedious.

Overall, I really enjoyed the game, and I look forward to the completed work. It still needs some work, but it's great.
I had no problem with the Orc kidnappers this playthrough. I had all the Iron equipment and I had luck with them not getting critical attacks and not using fire three times in a row. I know I've had problems with them on earlier playthrughs, once I just defeated them because my bee had poisoned all of them (had incredible luck that time).

OP
C

crouler

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I might implement weak armor in the beginning, not entirely sure. About what seems as game breaking, think of being unable to remember anything at all.
He has moments where he wants to indulge, moment where the "fame" goes to his head. And I generally just like making him silly every now and then.

Both the mayors daughter thing is a bug and the soldier thing lol :p Will be fixing both. Or trying :p

Summoning does something, yes. The higher your summoning, the better the creatures. I think the current need is 300. 300 is also the point where the new questline appears. Once you reach 300 you'll get more summonings available. Summoning doesn't appear if you are jumped, or taken by surprise, as well as certain areas, since the divine has to actually do a small magic thingy to get it.

I'm contemplating a running system with stamina and then using shift, yes, but I'm not sure. If players get the running they will just start feeling THAT is too slow, and so on. Once you then get used to being fast, you'll want it faster etc. Just the basic mentality of gamers lol.

Anyway, I hope that answered your questions!
If not, feel free to write again.

Crouler

Pakars

Lurker
Reputation score

Thanks for the answers, Crouler.

On further thought and after reading your answer, I've come to the conclusion that the writing for the Divine is good. He feels like a real person, even though it's a bit exaggerated at times.

If you don't implement running in some way, I still highly suggest increasing movement speed. It truly is very slow compared to movement rates in most games, especially RPGMaker games where the shift-to-run speed is a good speed.

Other than the obvious problems and bugs, I really enjoyed the game, especially the story.

I'm going to play through the game and write a walkthrough/let's play/bugnotes file. If there's anything you want me to (thoroughly) check out and test, let me know.

OP
C

crouler

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Thanks for the answers, Crouler.

On further thought and after reading your answer, I've come to the conclusion that the writing for the Divine is good. He feels like a real person, even though it's a bit exaggerated at times.

If you don't implement running in some way, I still highly suggest increasing movement speed. It truly is very slow compared to movement rates in most games, especially RPGMaker games where the shift-to-run speed is a good speed.

Other than the obvious problems and bugs, I really enjoyed the game, especially the story.

I'm going to play through the game and write a walkthrough/let's play/bugnotes file. If there's anything you want me to (thoroughly) check out and test, let me know.
You're welcome to do as you please really! All bugs found would be addressed. Down to the lowest level of bugs, I wish for this game to be a bugfree/spelling error free game. About digging in deep, well, the game is still developing, I have no idea of which areas that needs improvement. University and a game leaves me very little time to actually test the game myself to a point where I know enough about the game to tweak it correctly. I am currently doing everything alone, and I'm looking for help here and there. But making a walk through would really flatter me! Truth be told, that would be one of the milestones I've placed lol, having people taking enough interest to actually want to make their own walkthrough of my game. If you place it somewhere I will add a link in the description.

Crouler

yourworstnightmare

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Has never actually even reached 100 summoning. My max is 78. The problem is once you get the iron equipment you don't need to grind anymore, so I usually stop grinding at that point.

OP
C

crouler

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Has never actually even reached 100 summoning. My max is 78. The problem is once you get the iron equipment you don't need to grind anymore, so I usually stop grinding at that point.
I see. I may lower the summoning lvl, but I'm not sure, since the quest itself needs a high level. Monsters in the new questline are very hard.
I'm seeking a way to "grind" which takes out the "grinding". A sort of arena like game-mode, but which sees how far you can go, and records your max, giving you cash and xp at the same time, for those that hates running after monsters all day.

Pakars

Lurker
Reputation score

So crouler, here's some more of my thoughts.

If your character's name is more than 5 characters, some text doesn't properly wrap around, and vanishes off the side of the text box. Thought you'd like to know this.

Movement speed is definitely too slow. I've now gone through the game(except Lej Vhakh) around three times(15 hours of playtime or so), and it's just frustrating to get around. I don't know how much you might want to change it, but +50% would probably be a good place to start, if you don't wish to implement running.

Early game definitely needs some basic armor. Getting past the first fights to get gear is a big pain. "Extremely powerful magic using god-in-the-flesh" doesn't fit well with "gets obliterated by honey bees".

Summoning EXP is incredibly frustrating to grind to 300, and has not-so-great payoffs, especially since you can't summon everywhere. Reducing the EXP for mid-level to 100 would be a good start, especially since the summons are really weak. The mid-level summons barely break even with one end-demo monster, and the Lej Vhakh ones turn them inside-out in a single turn. Given that summoning is pretty weak and limited, you shouldn't have to grind for over an hour and a half to get the next level of them(200 encounters! 40 uses of inn/campfire! Even in a much larger game, this would be too much).

Summoning Mana being capped at 500 is really awkward when your mid-level summon costs 200. There needs to be a way to increase it, or you could have the mid-level summon simply replace the low-level and cost 100. Of course, this point is moot when the summons are really weak, and mostly used to tank a hit or two that would otherwise hit your Divine.

The Lej Vhakh quest's monsters are extremely overtuned compared to the rest of the game. Even in the Main Quest line, you don't find creatures that hit for 2000 @ level 15 in full iron armor. The Succubus quest is impossible even at level 20, since the thralls hit for 700-800, and the succubus hits for >1000, and has the Sleep spell. The succubus in the north forest is even more overpowered, since you can't summon creatures to take a hit for you(ONE hit). The succubi also appear to be immune to stun, making them impossible to cheese out with Leg Sweep, which is how I got through the demons.

The demons are also impossible before level 15, because their physical attack hits for 2000ish, and you only break that amount of HP at level 15.

I was honestly considering whether or not I should use cheat engine to increase my level until I could defeat the succubus, since you clearly can't become powerful enough in the demo without absurd levels of grinding.

The Orc Kidnappers need to have their Fire spell removed, or otherwise tuned down. The only way to force through the quest without tons of luck is to be level 10-11 or higher in full Iron Armor, and use specials to 2shot them(or get crazy lucky at level 8-9 with bee+poison).

Overall, I find that the damage we are dealing to enemies to be good, but the damage we're taking is far, far too high. Healing in combat is not an option because you take too much damage.

Save for the Lej Vhakh quest and Water spell quest, my walkthrough for current content is basically complete. I just need to re-write it in a readable format, and post it. Of course, that will probably be in a couple days to a week or so, because I'm burnt out on the game for now.

Last edited:
OP
C

crouler

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

So crouler, here's some more of my thoughts.

If your character's name is more than 5 characters, some text doesn't properly wrap around, and vanishes off the side of the text box. Thought you'd like to know this.

Movement speed is definitely too slow. I've now gone through the game(except Lej Vhakh) around three times(15 hours of playtime or so), and it's just frustrating to get around. I don't know how much you might want to change it, but +50% would probably be a good place to start, if you don't wish to implement running.

Early game definitely needs some basic armor. Getting past the first fights to get gear is a big pain. "Extremely powerful magic using god-in-the-flesh" doesn't fit well with "gets obliterated by honey bees".

Summoning EXP is incredibly frustrating to grind to 300, and has not-so-great payoffs, especially since you can't summon everywhere. Reducing the EXP for mid-level to 100 would be a good start, especially since the summons are really weak. The mid-level summons barely break even with one end-demo monster, and the Lej Vhakh ones turn them inside-out in a single turn. Given that summoning is pretty weak and limited, you shouldn't have to grind for over an hour and a half to get the next level of them(200 encounters! 40 uses of inn/campfire! Even in a much larger game, this would be too much).

Summoning Mana being capped at 500 is really awkward when your mid-level summon costs 200. There needs to be a way to increase it, or you could have the mid-level summon simply replace the low-level and cost 100. Of course, this point is moot when the summons are really weak, and mostly used to tank a hit or two that would otherwise hit your Divine.

The Lej Vhakh quest's monsters are extremely overtuned compared to the rest of the game. Even in the Main Quest line, you don't find creatures that hit for 2000 @ level 15 in full iron armor. The Succubus quest is impossible even at level 20, since the thralls hit for 700-800, and the succubus hits for >1000, and has the Sleep spell. The succubus in the north forest is even more overpowered, since you can't summon creatures to take a hit for you(ONE hit). The succubi also appear to be immune to stun, making them impossible to cheese out with Leg Sweep, which is how I got through the demons.

The demons are also impossible before level 15, because their physical attack hits for 2000ish, and you only break that amount of HP at level 15.

I was honestly considering whether or not I should use cheat engine to increase my level until I could defeat the succubus, since you clearly can't become powerful enough in the demo without absurd levels of grinding.

The Orc Kidnappers need to have their Fire spell removed, or otherwise tuned down. The only way to force through the quest without tons of luck is to be level 10-11 or higher in full Iron Armor, and use specials to 2shot them(or get crazy lucky at level 8-9 with bee+poison).

Overall, I find that the damage we are dealing to enemies to be good, but the damage we're taking is far, far too high. Healing in combat is not an option because you take too much damage.

Save for the Lej Vhakh quest and Water spell quest, my walkthrough for current content is basically complete. I just need to re-write it in a readable format, and post it. Of course, that will probably be in a couple days to a week or so, because I'm burnt out on the game for now.

I am still pondering on how to deal with the first part of the game, but I can already say, Lej Vhakh and other quests where the monsters are too hard, will not be changed. The reason is, this is not a linear game. Those quests, once the game is done, will match the level of your character later on in the game. They were not actually meant for low level characters, and the only reason why they are curently in the game is because I knew some players were high leveled enough to summon them. About summonings; a lot of uncertainties still lie with them.

Also, I'll most likely be adding a way of increasing summoning XP later on, if I decide not to change the current system. Both potion buying, and fights that will specifically give summoning XP rather than other stuff.

I'm thinking of changing the system to in-battle summoning, rather than pre-battle. However if I decide not to change the current system, I will most likely not change the current system, but rather change the monsters you can summon. Again, this game is still in the start. I'm guessing it's between 5 - 7 percent done content wise, so it is in no way meant to have you grind monsters, you are only doing that because the game is still so early in its story.

So to sum up, the "too hard" quests, they are not actually meant to be beatable before later on in the game.

Pakars

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm going to start posting my walkthrough here, and editing it as necessary to add as I write it.

I accidentally forgot to record some of the rewards for side-quests, whoops.

After you gain control of your character, you'll be in a cave. Head south and grab the [Potion] by the west wall. It doesn't matter if you win or lose the first two battles. After the first battle, you'll find another [Potion].
The second battle is unwinnable, so just let them kill you and take the teleport out of the cave.

In this next area, you'll find a campsite to the east, and no items. Talk to the girl in the tent, and react however you like. Take a rest in her sleeping bag, and head outside.
Talk to the girl again, and you'll eventually receive your own sleeping bag and some [Timber]. Head on south to find an area that has monsters! You may farm to level 2(doesn't matter), but it takes a while.
In the Northeast corner of the forest, you will find another [Potion]. In the southwest corner, you will find a [Mysterious Strongbox], which is a turn-in quest item for way later.

Head south to reach the town of Everlight.

Everlight Chests:
North Everlight(the farm) has a chest by the north fence, just a little hidden by a tree on the right.
The garrison has a [Potion] to the east, inside.
The northwest of the 1st floor of the garrison has [200G]
The northwest of the 2nd floor of the garrison has a [Potion].

The main quest can be advanced by talking to the priest, in the first building to the right of Everlight proper.
You'll have to fight a few easy orcs, and gain your summoning ability.
You also gain Teleport after the battle and some talking.(returns you to last town you entered through a screen transition)

Everlight Side Quests:
HELPING GINA SQUID HUNTING:
Talk to the person who owns the farm in her house on the left side of the northern part of Everlight.
You have to fight a pretty strong squid for the beginning of the game.
REC LEVEL 3+ w/ full bronze gear or stronger.
REWARD: [100G]

HELP GINA FIND GIRLS:
PREREQ: Helping gina squid hunting
Talk to Gina again in her farm. You have to grab two girls to make sweet love to the squid.
The first one is just south of the shop, and the second one is in the NW of the town center, just left of the mayor's house.
Forcing the girl in the NW corner to be a breeder is "evil", for anyone who cares.
REWARD: 1-2 H-scenes and [150G] or [200G].

THE MISSING DOCUMENTS:
Talk to the person just behind the desk to the west just after you've entered Everlight's Garrison.
You have to find documents that were stolen by orcs. The orc holding the documents is near the chest you can see west of the main path.
He sometimes moves behind trees so you can't find him.
REWARD: 1 non-repeatable H-scene(if you so desire to be "evil") and [200G]

SIMPLE PHYSICAL ATTACKS:
Talk to the officer in the middle of the 2nd floor of the garrison, she's almost impossible to miss. :)
She wants you to buy a dildo for her at the shop, easy.
REWARD: Cross Cut, ability to buy Power Break and Leg Sweep(!!)

HELPING THE MAYOR 1:
PREREQ: Talk to the mayor of Rei-Long Oak.
The mayor wants you to sex up her daughters. It's pretty straightforward-- They're all on the 2nd floor.
The girl that runs away can be found in the first cave on the mountains.
The Orc Kidnappers are pretty powerful.
REC LEVEL: 10/11 w/ full Iron gear.
REWARD: [2500G]

HELPING THE MAYOR 2:
PREREQ: Finish Helping the Mayor 1.
Talk to the mayor again to find out why one of her daughters has been acting distant recently.
Head upstairs and go into the second room from the left. Don't talk to the girl, but instead read her diary on the table.
ALL OF IT.
Return to complete
REWARD: [500G] and [100XP]

BANDITS OF EVERLIGHT:
PREREQ: Finish Helping the Mayor 2.
Talk to the mayor yet again to find out there's bandits in the northern forest.
They can be found by the campsite to the north. They're pretty easy around level 8+ with, you guessed it, iron armor.
You'll receive a letter, which you should take to the mayor. She sends you off to talk to the officer in the conference room on the 2nd floor of the garrison.
Return yet again to get to the good part of the quest -- The caves in the mountains are now filled with bandits!
At level 14+ you one-shot the bandits with phys specials, making this a prime time to farm XP and summoning xp.
Head to the second cave to fight the boss
REC LEVEL 10+ w/ iron.
REWARD: [8000G] and [Maria, Mayor of Everlight's Love]!

THE MEATY GOODNESS:
Talk to the woman just south of the inn, with green hair.
Bring her at least 5 [Orc Meat] to receive 10G each meat. Repeatable to a certain point(# of turn-ins?).
REWARD: Money. Piles of Money.

A PINCH AT THE BARRACKS:
PREREQ: Get your Escort in Rei-Long Oak(Fast travel)
Talk to the woman in the north-west of the main room on the second floor to receive the quest.
You have to talk to a woman named Sehal in the library of the Castle, who will go to Everlight. Talk to her to receive a quest to kill a Troll.
REC LEVEL: 10 w/ full Iron gear, and Leg Sweep.
The Troll can be found just south of Everlight, in the first camp of the forest(to the west).
She then tells you to find a lost report. It can be found in the far northwest room's bookshelf on the second floor.
REWARD: [1000G]

SLACKERS ARE FOR SLACKERS:
Talk to the blue-capped soldier girl just to the right of the Mayor's house.
She wants more time off because the army is "working her too hard".
Talk to the sergeant in the garrison(take a right as you enter then an immediate turn north -- Room full of beds).
The sarge will say she's a slacker, and you can choose whether to reprimand the girl for [100XP], or get her time off for [200G].
REWARD: [200G] or [100XP].

DESERTING THE ARMY:
Talk to the sergeant in front of Everlight's garrison, by the soldiers on the left.
She wants you to find soldiers that have deserted the army and convince them to come back and serve their time/get back to war.
You can find them in the southwest corner of the market in the Capital.

The main quest tells you to head into the forest to the south, and kill a group of orcs there. I suggest you farm to level 3 or do some quests and buy some bronze armor.

S EVERLIGHT FOREST
The forest is U-shaped, with a couple branching paths that contain loot or campfires.

At the first intersection, you will find a campsite to the west
At the second "intersection", you will find a chest to the west with [200G], and an orc with the documents for the missing documents quest.(sometimes he moves behind the trees)
At the third intersection, south continues and the east has a camp and a [Potion].
At the far south-west corner, you will find an [Iron Sword](GET IT).
In the far south-east corner, you'll find another camp.
To the north of that, you'll find an intersection. The east leads to another camp, while the west heads to the boss.

BOSS: Three orcs. It's pretty easy if you've bought some armor and picked up the Iron Sword.

After beating the three orcs, you must return to the priest(but I don' wanna, BUT THOU MUST). After you do, you'll be able to continue past the forest into the mountains!

EVERLIGHT-REILONG MOUNTAINS
In the first screen, just head right, ignoring the stairs(you can't go down them yet anyways). You'll find [200G] just past the bridge.
Inside the first cave, you'll find marginally stronger orcs and another [200G] behind a rock on the left. On the way down the right side of the screen, you'll find an [Iron Helm] hidden on the left.
At the bottom of the screen, you'll find your first mountain boss
BOSS: Orc Warchief and 2x Mountain Orc
The mountain orcs are more deadly than the chief, because they can cast Sprial Blade. They have less health, so they're the obvious targets. REC LEVEL 5
You'll end up in another outside area. Use the campsite and continue into the second cave.
Immediately upon entering, you'll find a chest with an [Iron Armor] which you should equip. Make your way around to another boss.
BOSS: Orc Warchief and 2x Mountain Orc
After the boss, you'll find an [Iron Rod] to the left. Head outside, rest at the camp, and head into the third cave.
Head down the stairs and grab a [Potion] below you. Head down another set of stairs, and grab a [Potion] to the right, partially obscured by the wall below it.
If you have the spare timber, I suggest killing some orcs to get to level 6, but it's not necessary.
Head down on the bottom floor to find your last Orc Warchief! It's totally not a trap
BOSS: Orc Warchief and 2x Mountain Orc and 2x Rock-eater Orc
Again, just kill the mountain orcs and the fight is easy. If you're level 6, Cross Cut can occasionally one-shot a Mountain Orc.
Head on outside to..

REI-LONG DESERT
The desert is pretty straightforward, you start in the top-left and Rei-Long is at the bottom-right. Near the exit to the town, there's a hidden path to the west containing gold masquerading as a [Felt Robe].

REI-LONG OAK
As soon as you get here, ignore everything, do not pass go, do not collect 200G. Go straight to the mayor's house just to the right of the entrance, and talk to the mayor.
Head straight to the dock, just south of the mayor's house and talk to the woman there to get an escort and unlock fast travel between towns!!!
I suggest you head to the blacksmith at the far right and pick up a Iron Shield, and sell all that loot you don't need.
I also suggest you do the MYSTERIOUS WOMAN side-quest for tons and tons of XP and summoning XP for almost no effort.

REI-LONG OAK SIDEQUESTS:
THE SOLDIER'S LETTER
Just above the arena, behind the board, there should be a soldier in blue. Speak to her to get the quest, then speak to the woman in the house west of the northern exit of Everlight(not the north farm).
Get a letter and return to the soldier.
REWARD: [400G]

HELPING LIZ IN THE INN
Head into the inn, and speak with the inn-owner in black named Liz. Offer to help.
Speak to the old woman in the center of town near the arena.
Speak to the woman in front of the board just above the arena.
Speak to the (very bad) ninja hiding in the blacksmith.
Return to Liz.
Speak with the blacksmith's wife in the back of the smithy.
Beat up some bandits in the northeast corner of the desert, and loot the chests. Return the letter and then return to Liz.
Continue with the quest, and speak with the mayor's personal prostitute.
Head into the desert and pick up 5 [Special Herb]s. They look like smoke coming out of the ground and are easy to find.
Give them to the gal, and receive a H-scene.
Return to Liz for your reward.
REWARD: [600G] and an optional H-scene, as well as more if you talk to the gals upstairs.

MAGIC TRAINING + ELVEN PRIEST IN THE ARENA
Head to the arena in Rei-Long Oak. They're the stairs on the right side of the town, below the casino.
Head into the wooden door in the NW, and speak to the old woman in the center of the room to advance MAGIC TRAINING.
Speak to the woman in the NE corner with yellowish hair to gain the ability to participate in the arena.
Speak to the woman in the bottom of the room with a yellow bandana to fight warriors in the arena, the orc to fight against beasts, and the red bandana to bet on matches.
Fight warriors by talking to the yellow bandana.
After the first fight, you can sleep in the bed on the right side of the room.
After the second fight, you can buy magic spells from the old woman to complete MAGIC TRAINING.
The fourth battle is the ELVEN PRIEST IN THE ARENA. After you defeat her, you can get an H-scene by talking to her by your bed.
You can win all of the battles pretty easily if you're above level 5 and have iron gear.
REWARD: [200G] [250G] [350G] [500G + H-scene + 200XP] [850G] [HEALING] [FIRE] [ICE]

MYSTERIOUS WOMAN
Speak with the old woman in the bottom-left of Rei-Long Oak, then head into the desert.
Take a left turn down the hidden path, and you'll find the imp in the bottom-left corner of the map. Just stab it to death to get the woman's potion.
If you give the potion back you get [1000G].
If you drink the potion you get [500XP] and [50 SUMXP]

LEJ VHAKH
PREREQ: Tons of SUMXP.

CASINO FLUFFIES
Speak to the woman near the lottery in a pink dress.
She'll want you to get her the fluffy sword from the lottery.
I suggest save scumming until you get it.
It's in the first small item chest.
REWARD: [Weird Gem]

THE DIARY OF A MADWOMAN
Search your room for pictures and stories of a person raping women with demon summoning.
After you find all 11, you'll get a note telling you to meet the woman who wrote them north of rei-long in the desert.
If you choose to fight her, she's pretty tough(Level 9), but gives you [STEEL ARMOR] as a drop.

THE CASINO
Speak with the casino owner waaaaaaay over in her office.
You'll have to find a thief that's stealing from the casino.
I found her in the far western room, in blue clothes with chun-li hairbuns.
Speak to the thief then head to your room.
After a buncha talking and some screen transitions you complete the quest
REWARD: [Dream Catcher]
Head back to her room to get more questage from the casino owner.
Speak with the Mayor.
Get some delicious H-scene from the mayor.
Return to the owner for [2000G].
Head to the VIP dining area in the far west of the casino and talk to Jane.
You get another H-scene.
Return to the owner.
Speak to Shing in the blacksmith.

MAIN QUEST CONTINUES:

You can head directly to Ceeves Ocean, the capital, as soon as you've gotten your escort.
It's fairly straightforward, talk to high priest in church, talk to queen, return to priest(talk 2x).
Go to everlight, and head to the northern forest to find their wayward scholar.
You can either kill the bandits or convince them to "find another job" and help them out by forcing them to serve the priest of everlight. Teleporting them gives you [25 SUMXP]
Speak to the high priest again(2x) to continue.[1000G]
You'll have to find 3 traitor priests - One in each town. Teleporting them gives [75XP] each
Everlight: In front of the fort - bottom-left corner.
Rei-Long Oak: In the inn - In the room with beds.
Capital: Second floor of the inn, far right
Return to the priest for [2000G] then you need to speak to the Queen again.

CEEVES OCEAN SIDEQUESTS:
IN THE ARMY...
Head to the castle proper, then head inside the actual castle.
In the library on the left side of the entrance you'll see a girl wearing blue with blue hair. You get the quest from her.
Talk to her superior in the barracks to the left just outside, and you'll proceed.
Talk to michelle to discover her first mission is inside the slums, but you'll have to talk to her at the far southern part of the church/market area.
You'll then have to chase a bandit. You can either read the bandit's mind and talk her out of holding the girl hostage, or rush her, spooking the bandit into killing her hostage, and then killing her.
Head back to the barracks for your reward of [500G] and [50XP], then talk with michelle, and speak with her again for another mission.
You'll have to head to Rei-Long oak to flush out some more bandits inside the inn -- Note: You'll have to speak with her at the docks instead of teleporting.
You can ask them to come along nicely, and they'll surrender(You'll fight one bandit), or you can threaten them, provoking a general melee.
Your reward is [500G] and [100XP]. Return to michelle in the barracks, then talk to her Major. After you tell her whether or not you think michelle is worth promoting, you'll be told there's a letter for you in the church.
Head to the church to get the letter. Use it in your inventory to GET POISONED WITH ANTRHAX AND BLACK OUT.
Talk to the Major to get [900G] and [150XP] as well as your next mission, to find a traitor servant in Everlight.
She's on the second floor of the inn. Talk to michelle in the inn twice to get her. You have several options on how to deal with her.
Speak with the major again(twice) to get your next mission, to raid Iroa's house! That smarmy bitch is gonna get what's coming to her!
Talk with michelle to get the info, then speak with her again to STORM THE MANSION! CHARGEEEE!
If you've been good to michelle so far like I have, she'll go in first and get ambushed, and you'll massacre those pitiful bandits. Michelle lives and you teleport her away, then you have to clear house.
The bandits will usually spam Leg Sweep, so it's a good idea to get a summon out.
Iroa kills herself with poison, blah.
Return to the barracks and talk with the major, then michelle, then the major again to complete the quest so far.
P.S. Speak with the soldier outside of Iroa's house to unlock IROA'S HOUSE.
IROA'S HOUSE
PREREQ: IN THE ARMY...

THE STOLEN NECKLACE
In the Docks, head to the furthest southeast corner, there's a woman over here that has a quest for you to find her stolen necklace.
Talk to someone who might know the thief in the bar inside the INN.
After an H-Scene(Take That!), you'll find out they're in the slums, in the southwest corner.
Talk to the gal in blue to discover that it's an imp! KILL IT!
You'll get the necklace, so go return it.

THE GARDENER
In the castle proper, there's a gardener looking for her lost blueprints/plans for the castle gardens.
You'll find them in the flowers in the center of the top-left section of grass.
REWARD:

HONOR AMONG... BANDITS?
In the slums, in the southwest corner, you'll see a bandit that tells you about a lesser noble that has a chest of gold in her living room.
If you accept, you get [1000G] and have to kill the bandit anyways.
If you decline, the bandit attacks you and you get [good morality?].

AN OLD WOMAN'S HOPE
If you've gotten the strongbox in the forest in the beginning of the game, good. If not, go get it.
Head to the INN in the church section of the city(with the market) and speak to the old woman in the top-right.
Hand her the only strongbox she ever lost in her life as a courier, and you'll receive a [Green Potion]
REWARD: [Green Potion]

C.U.N.T.(DETECTIVES)
In the northeast corner of the church district there's a barracks, enter it.
Head downstairs and speak with Liya to unlock detective work.

TO BE CONTINUED

Last edited:
OP
C

crouler

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I'm going to start posting my walkthrough here, and editing it as necessary to add as I write it.

I accidentally forgot to record some of the rewards for side-quests, whoops.

After you gain control of your character, you'll be in a cave. Head south and grab the [Potion] by the west wall. It doesn't matter if you win or lose the first two battles. After the first battle, you'll find another [Potion].
The second battle is unwinnable, so just let them kill you and take the teleport out of the cave.

In this next area, you'll find a campsite to the east, and no items. Talk to the girl in the tent, and react however you like. Take a rest in her sleeping bag, and head outside.
Talk to the girl again, and you'll eventually receive your own sleeping bag and some [Timber]. Head on south to find an area that has monsters! You may farm to level 2(doesn't matter), but it takes a while.
In the Northeast corner of the forest, you will find another [Potion]. In the southwest corner, you will find a [Mysterious Strongbox], which is a turn-in quest item for way later.

Head south to reach the town of Everlight.

Everlight Chests:
North Everlight(the farm) has a chest by the north fence, just a little hidden by a tree on the right.
The garrison has a [Potion] to the east, inside.
The northwest of the 1st floor of the garrison has [200G]
The northwest of the 2nd floor of the garrison has a [Potion].

The main quest can be advanced by talking to the priest, in the first building to the right of Everlight proper.
You'll have to fight a few easy orcs, and gain your summoning ability.
You also gain Teleport after the battle and some talking.(returns you to last town you entered through a screen transition)

The quest tells you to head into the forest to the south, and kill a group of orcs there. I suggest you farm to level 3 and buy some bronze armor.

S EVERLIGHT FOREST
The forest is U-shaped, with a couple branching paths that contain loot or campfires.

At the first intersection, you will find a campsite to the west
At the second "intersection", you will find a chest to the west with a [Potion], and an orc with the documents for the missing documents quest.(sometimes he moves behind the trees)
At the third intersection, south continues and the east has a camp and a [Potion].
At the far south-west corner, you will find an [Iron Sword](GET IT).
In the far south-east corner, you'll find another camp.
To the north of that, you'll find an intersection. The east leads to another camp, while the west heads to the boss.

BOSS: Three orcs. It's pretty easy if you've bought some armor and picked up the Iron Sword.

Everlight Side Quests:
HELPING GINA SQUID HUNTING:
Talk to the person who owns the farm in her house on the left side of the northern part of Everlight.
You have to fight a pretty strong squid for the beginning of the game.
REC LEVEL 3+ w/ full bronze gear or stronger.
REWARD: [100G]

HELP GINA FIND GIRLS:
PREREQ: Helping gina squid hunting
Talk to Gina again in her farm. You have to grab two girls to make sweet love to the squid.
The first one is just south of the shop, and the second one is in the NW of the town center, just left of the mayor's house.
Forcing the girl in the NW corner to be a breeder is "evil", for anyone who cares.
REWARD: 1-2 H-scenes and [150G] or [200G].

THE MISSING DOCUMENTS:
Talk to the person just behind the desk to the west just after you've entered Everlight's Garrison.
You have to find documents that were stolen by orcs. The orc holding the documents is near the chest you can see west of the main path.
He sometimes moves behind trees so you can't find him.
REWARD: 1 non-repeatable H-scene(if you so desire to be "evil") and [I forget!]

SIMPLE PHYSICAL ATTACKS:
Talk to the officer in the middle of the 2nd floor of the garrison, she's almost impossible to miss. :)
She wants you to buy a dildo for her at the shop, easy.
REWARD: Cross Cut, ability to buy Power Break and Leg Sweep(!!)

HELPING THE MAYOR 1:
PREREQ: Talk to the mayor of Rei-Long Oak.
The mayor wants you to sex up her daughters. It's pretty straightforward-- They're all on the 2nd floor.
The girl that runs away can be found in the first cave on the mountains.
The Orc Kidnappers are pretty powerful(may be tuned down, depends on Crouler).
REC LEVEL: 10/11 w/ full Iron gear.
REWARD: [2500G]

HELPING THE MAYOR 2:
PREREQ: Finish Helping the Mayor 1.
Talk to the mayor again to find out why one of her daughters has been acting distant recently.
Head upstairs and go into the second room from the left. Don't talk to the girl, but instead read her diary on the table.
ALL OF IT.
Return to complete
REWARD: [500G] and [100XP]

BANDITS OF EVERLIGHT:
PREREQ: Finish Helping the Mayor 2.
Talk to the mayor yet again to find out there's bandits in the northern forest.
They can be found by the campsite to the north. They're pretty easy around level 8+ with, you guessed it, iron armor.
You'll receive a letter, which you should take to the mayor. She sends you off to talk to the officer in the conference room on the 2nd floor of the garrison.
Return yet again to get to the good part of the quest -- The caves in the mountains are now filled with bandits!
At level 14+ you one-shot the bandits with phys specials, making this a prime time to farm XP and summoning xp.
Head to the second cave to fight the boss
REC LEVEL 10+ w/ iron.
REWARD: [8000G] and [Maria, Mayor of Everlight's Love]!

THE MEATY GOODNESS:
Talk to the woman just south of the inn, with green hair.
Bring her at least 5 [Orc Meat] to receive 10G each meat. Repeatable to a certain point(# of turn-ins?).
REWARD: Money. Piles of Money.

A PINCH AT THE BARRACKS:
PREREQ: Couldn't Tell --- Reach the Capital?
Talk to the woman in the north-west of the main room on the second floor to receive the quest.
You have to talk to a woman named Sehal in the library of the Castle, who will go to Everlight. Talk to her to receive a quest to kill a Troll.
REC LEVEL: 10 w/ full Iron gear, and Leg Sweep.
The Troll can be found just south of Everlight, in the first camp of the forest(to the west).
She then tells you to find a lost report. It can be found in the far northwest room's bookshelf on the second floor.

SLACKERS ARE FOR SLACKERS:
Talk to the blue-capped soldier girl just to the right of the Mayor's house.
She wants more time off because the army is "working her too hard".
Talk to the sergeant in the garrison(take a right as you enter then an immediate turn north -- Room full of beds).
The sarge will say she's a slacker, and you can choose whether to reprimand the girl for a reward(bugged!), or get her time off for [200G].
REWARD: [200G] or [Who knows?].

DESERTING THE ARMY:
Talk to the sergeant in front of Everlight's garrison, by the soldiers on the left.
She wants you to find soldiers that have deserted the army and convince them to come back and serve their time/get back to war.
You can find them in the southwest corner of the market in the Capital.
REWARD: I forget!
Looks great! But, I'm not sure it will be easy to find in the middle of this post.

OP
C

crouler

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

My exams are coming up. I will try to get some work done every now and then, but I can't promise much, since I'm prioritizing my education :p
Nevertheless, I like working on the game, so I will see if I can't work on the game for a few hours here and there.

OP
C

crouler

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

With 7 h 30m of work today the new version is out! AloneXP Ver. 6.8 is here!!!

With what is bound to be 1000s of bugs and even more glitches, I present to you the newest
update to the game!

New Content:

New joinable Detective faction'
A purchasable farm
Some random stuff I can't remember since I'm a slowpoke that spend ages on this
Bug fixes
Notable bug fixes
The mayors daughter - the bug where the diary was un-reachable.
If this still fucks up, write a comment.

I'll be doing a bug crushing marathon (Sounds fun, right?) after this update.
Once I've fixed all the bugs with this new update I'll start it, and once done with that
I'll work on more content.

So if you know of any unfixed bugs, please post them! I have been bad at keeping track of all the bugs reported, and will most likely need them all re-mentioned

I hope you guys enjoy this new update! As always, take care! And write any comments you have on one of the official forum threads or on the blog!

Crouler

(Download links in the main post)

OP
C

crouler

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

a fix has been posted. Hope there won't be too many more needed, though I'm fairly certain there will lol.

Pakars

Lurker
Reputation score

At the beginning of the game, you can get stuck, if you travel to this spot.

He tries to move left because of the trigger(ROAD CLOSED), but gets stuck on the wall.

Attachments

OP
C

crouler

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

At the beginning of the game, you can get stuck, if you travel to this spot.

He tries to move left because of the trigger(ROAD CLOSED), but gets stuck on the wall.
I'll be fixing that tomorrow when I get up. Thanks for reporting it!

Pakars

Lurker
Reputation score

I'll be fixing that tomorrow when I get up. Thanks for reporting it!
You're welcome.

I've continued work on the walkthrough with the new update, wheee. I've been busy trying to get a job in real life so I haven't wanted to put in the effort of writing. :(

Also, the fixed slacker girl quest is a great boon to getting out of Everlight quickly.

OP
C

crouler

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

You're welcome.

I've continued work on the walkthrough with the new update, wheee. I've been busy trying to get a job in real life so I haven't wanted to put in the effort of writing. :(

Also, the fixed slacker girl quest is a great boon to getting out of Everlight quickly.
The walkthrough is looking really good man, don't sweat it! I'm still in the clouds from having some take enough interest to my game to actually make one xD

On another note:

A fix has been posted! Version 7 fixes a fuck-ton of bugs. I went through the questlines (I don't have time to go through all the new content I'm afraid, so there might be more) and fixed a lot of errors, and many of them were game breaking. Hope this will prevent too much raging from you guys ^^ Anyway, give the new version a try!

OP
C

crouler

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

A new update is out. Hopefully cleaning out most of the remaining game breaking bugs! 7.0.1!

OP
C

crouler

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

A new update has been posted fixing what I hope to be the last few bugs in the farm questline.