What's new

[Complete - Full] Crystal Fantasy

Profressor

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Got this error when trying to use summon. any suggestion?

zipetya

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
what do you mean largest option? i downloaded 1.6v with 1.4gb size.
I think he means whether you had done the extraction of the boxed .exe version (with which there was no 'www' folder originally) correctly. As in running both the game and the Virtual Packages Extractor in both XP compatibility and Japanese locale... If not, some to-be-extracted files won't get correctly extracted, and all kinds of shit can happen in-game.

Kind of like it happens to Profressor's game, illustrated in the post just above mine. Also, don't forget to run the game in Japanese locale, just in case that may be the problem, somehow! Though of course here, something might have actually gotten mixed up in the scripts of the patch, too.

OP
kingearl

kingearl

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
japanese locale isn't required in my case, but the rest ya. xp compatibility while extracting from the original exe file... yada yada yada.

Try it again profressor. The problem your having is not to do with the patches.

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score

100% save for the lazy people, all scenes unlocked. Works on 1.6, tested

OP
kingearl

kingearl

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Yo, so for those interested I just wanted to give an update. One of the hard drives failed about a week and a half ago and even corrupted into the recovery partition on the drive. Since it was my OS's drive, it caused quite an issue with the hundreds of programs I have installed. It's been a process getting things back up and running correctly, so my Crystal Fantasy expansion has taken a back seat. That being said, I am going to start working on the game again shortly.

A few more things about it that I didn't mention before: If installed in your games, it will not interfere with the main game storyline at all. The content will be seamlessly unlocked and is accessible as you progress through the game (like a side quest). Since there are triggers that activate events you may not even be able to access all the content if you don't explore the worlds.

Also, The "Quest Item" category in the menu will be completely utilized now with the items I've made that need to be collected in order to finish the side quest.

I would say that this content is about 50% complete. I might be able to finish up in a month. I'll bring the topic up again when its close to completion.

OP
kingearl

kingearl

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
There isn't much interest in this project now and thats fine but I just wanted to state that after alot of personal road blocks (life) I have resumed working on the expansion of this game. I will have it completely finished at some point this winter. The add-on content will also come with a redone translation of the game that makes everything flow way better and make alot more sense. Hscenes and all. The redone translation is actually done now but I wont release it until the added content is finished as well (as I cant seperate the files).

So for the die hard, old school final fantasy fans... the nostalgic factor will be worth the wait :)

Kouko

Lurker
Reputation score
Thanks a lot. Could I ask you if it was also possible to make an unaltered standard patch?

Yukihirou

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Eagerly looking forward to your word, in fact I hold off on finishing the game altogether after seeing your post, I feel it's worth the wait !

OP
kingearl

kingearl

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Offtopic Discussion - Game discussion in Translation section
Guys why i can't go inside this place?
It's not a location that you can go in. It is like that in the original game.

Also... I apologize for never releasing my final product. Although the majority of my expansion is complete, I just never got around to finishing it. Not fair to the people who just wanted to experience the better quality translation. I still plan on finishing this. It has to be a winter project as that is my off-season. Or possibly I could release it as is for now. Then finish it in the winter (2021/22)

Tyrrandae

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
It's not a location that you can go in. It is like that in the original game.

Also... I apologize for never releasing my final product. Although the majority of my expansion is complete, I just never got around to finishing it. Not fair to the people who just wanted to experience the better quality translation. I still plan on finishing this. It has to be a winter project as that is my off-season. Or possibly I could release it as is for now. Then finish it in the winter (2021/22)
I would be good with either one, I've been waiting on the finished project to playthrough it. So I am glad to see you are still going to complete it. Thanks!

OP
kingearl

kingearl

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I would be good with either one, I've been waiting on the finished project to playthrough it. So I am glad to see you are still going to complete it. Thanks!
Sorry about the wait. Been a few years lol. Because of new triggers and events in the game, if I send you the patch now I dont expect it would be compatible with the final release. You'd have to start the game again. I could post it for you now but would have to cut out my added videos, test bosses and final area spoliers. I guess just hang tight. I should have it finished by January

Tyrrandae

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Sorry about the wait. Been a few years lol. Because of new triggers and events in the game, if I send you the patch now I dont expect it would be compatible with the final release. You'd have to start the game again. I could post it for you now but would have to cut out my added videos, test bosses and final area spoliers. I guess just hang tight. I should have it finished by January
Don't worry about it, it's your time after all, and you are under no obligation to do anything when it's just a passion project. I'll just be glad to get it when it's done, i am in no rush. Release it when it's done I say.

OP
kingearl

kingearl

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I'll re-post when I finish the project completely. Definitely other life tasks in the way... but the end product will be worth another play through for those who have finished it with the current patches.