What's new

VN/TEXT Active [Cryswar] Divine Dawn (V0.24, Updated April 21st)

Cryswar

Demon Girl
Reputation score
DDBanner.png
Divine Dawn
|
Downloads
Overview
Divine Dawn is a text-based RPG in which you step into the role of a would-be hero, with dreams of greatness and no likelihood of achieving any of them in a mostly peaceful world with no real genocidal threats. Then you nearly die several times in a row, discover traces of an ancient mystery and (possibly) impending doom, and go on a road trip with a colorful cast of comrades to save the world! Maybe. You've got a lot of fighting, therapy, adventure, and monster girls to deal with before we get to that point. Fortunately, you'll usually have a partner at your side to help you out in fights and offer witty(?) banter(?). But only you can decide if it's worth trading your humanity for the power you need - otherworldly energies offer much, but will change your body over time.

sarahorni.png sarah lewd.png ashlewd.png battle.png equip.png metatrait.png

Last edited:
OP
Cryswar

Cryswar

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Well, version 0.2 is out! Lots of new stuff, particularly a boss fight with some fancy mechanics and lots of dialogue options as you bully your best friend or cook with a succubus. Also, an experimental Mac port that may or may not work. Back to work on 0.3.

OP
Cryswar

Cryswar

Demon Girl
Reputation score
0.3 released!
  • ~20k words added, a mixture of conversations, lore, and shenanigans.
  • Finishes off dinner, night, and morning content.
  • 2.5 new H-scenes.
  • 5 and 10-stat traits filled out (mostly).
  • Gallery added.
  • 27 trillion stupid bugs fixed. There's always more.
  • Sarah, Ashley, and Metatron now have semi-official character themes, pending feedback.
0.4 will be in ~2 weeks , hopefully March 22nd. It will include the next party member, the Mastery system, and the first randomized adventure, though the last one may not be fully polished until 0.5 depending on how much of a trainwreck it is.

As always, I post daily and weekly updates on the if you want to follow development and see more in depth descriptions of what I did each day, or just argue about best girl.

OP
Cryswar

Cryswar

Demon Girl
Reputation score
0.4 is finally out, bringing a number of major new systems! Some highlights;
  • The first randomized adventure is out, with a mixture of battles, a boss, normal events, and a special event hinting at future conflict.
  • The Mastery system is out as well, allowing you to upgrade abilities you've used enough times to superior versions of themselves.
  • You can now unlock a persistent camp to return to.
  • One new H-scene with Ashley during the Night timeslot
  • Trust and Affection systems added
  • Lots of new music!
The sheer weight of the mastery, camp, and adventure mechanics took the majority of the last two weeks, so 0.5 will likely revolve around fleshing out the camp scenes and conversations, hopefully adding Dawn and Evening timeslots with various choices as well. I'm going to tentatively say that April 6th will be the next update; I want to try a Tuesday schedule instead of Mondays.

One note: please be aware that the android APK is HIGHLY experimental. It's functional, but I have no idea how it will run on various screen sizes and systems other than what I tested it on. There may be minor or even major bugs that didn't show up in my playtesting.

OP
Cryswar

Cryswar

Demon Girl
Reputation score
0.5 is out!

Changelog;
  • Metatron and Sarah now have camp conversations, trust, and affection scenes. 2 trust and 15 affection will unlock all current content for them. I welcome feedback on the scenes!
  • 3 new H-scenes, 2 with Sarah, 1 with Ashley. A bit more femdom-heavy than usual.
  • Camp sex now builds affection and corruption. Corruption currently caps at 20, so don't stress it too much.
  • The new Evening timeslot lets you hang out with an ally of choice to gain affection. It'll be fleshed out VASTLY more later.
  • Crits now display in battle! Also, cleanse/buff/debuff duration and regen effects should be less buggy. Maybe.
  • Many bugfixes and typo fixes.

0.6 should hit somewhere around the 20th, and will continue to flesh out camp conversations, the next area, some PLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT(tm), as well as hopefully, finally, introducing the sex battle system with a new waifu. Here's hoping it goes well, I suspect that sex battles may take an iteration or two to really get right.

OP
Cryswar

Cryswar

Demon Girl
Reputation score
0.6 is finally out!

Changelog;
  • New adventure, Arden Forest Expanse. There's a wide variety of random events throughout, so hopefully it'll be a fun challenge. How you treat the hobs will play into an upcoming storyline! Don't worry, there are no wrong choices, but killing or helping them will both have consequences.
  • Next semimajor party member, Aspasia the slime alchemist, can be found about halfway through. You can fight her, sex battle her, or use the incredible power of basic communication to recruit her as a party member and/or waifu. 0.7 should make both repeatable in camp, but for now, you may wanna save before deciding. Good luck if you decide to fight her, she's pretty annoying in a 1v1.
  • So yeah, sex battle system is in. First take on it, may not be super fancy just yet, but it works.
  • Oh, and she gives you a totally-not-Estus-Flask so non-mages can have some healing. It has limited uses each adventure but always recharges on returning to camp, so you don't have to worry about saving it.
  • Ashley now has Trust/Affection events that reveal a little more of her real personality.
  • Allies now have levelup traits! Most will get a new trait every 5 levels up to 20, which will make some of them MUCH stronger than they were before.
The sex battle system absolutely kicked my ass up and down over the last two weeks, so this is a little later than planned. 0.7 will be much more chill and focus on camp scenes, particularly adding more trust/affection scenes, and some mix of additional sex battles, sparring matches, and maybe learning new magic types from allies. We'll see what all makes it in. I'm gonna shoot for the 4th of May, we'll see how it goes.

OP
Cryswar

Cryswar

Demon Girl
Reputation score
0.7 is out! If your 0.6 or earlier save is in battle, please return to the camp (or at least outside of battle) before updating, or you may fuck up your save.

Changelog;
  • New Trust and/or Affection scenes for Sarah, Celica, and Metatron. Metatron can now teach you the basics of Aether magic if you have enough trust and 5 Magic/Insight!
  • Dawn timeslot lets you work out or spar with allies, granting affection or trust+XP respectively. You get the XP whether you win or lose.
  • Combat system improved in a variety of ways, most notably with some hotkeys and the ability to repeat your last move. Focus now reduces cooldowns by 1 turn for every 10 focus, simpler than stronger than previous breakpoints. You can also use your totally-not-Estus flask at rest points.
  • 1 new sex scene, a thighjob from Ashley.
  • Roughly 8k words added.

Last edited:
OP
Cryswar

Cryswar

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I kinda feel like I'm spamming this topic so I haven't been posting every update here, but 0.10 seems like a decent milestone to drop another post.

0.10 is released, and we now officially have art in the game! Only one so far, but gotta start somewhere lol.

Changelog;
  • Celica's water training parts 2 and 3 are done, culminating in the ability to unlock Water magic. Also showcases her character pretty significantly.
  • Water magic as a whole is now better differentiated between its component schools of Hydromancy and Cryomancy, with multiple new spells for both schools!
  • Maya now has Trust and Affection scenes, which cover a little bit of why she's here and what the fuck a yamabiko is. Her camp sex battle shouldn't mess up the HP display and will restore health afterward on win or loss.
  • Sarah got a new nighttime sex scene, requiring 4 affection. Probably the longest scene I've written yet, with a few pieces of art to go with it.

2-tall

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I kinda feel like I'm spamming this topic so I haven't been posting every update here, but 0.10 seems like a decent milestone to drop another post.
Hey don't worry about it. Nothing wrong with that on this site because your posts are nice updates and notifications. Kinda sad that this thread is not getting many other posters though.

OP
Cryswar

Cryswar

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Hey don't worry about it. Nothing wrong with that on this site because your posts are nice updates and notifications. Kinda sad that this thread is not getting many other posters though.
That's kind of ya to say! I definitely appreciate that you've kept an eye on this.

OP
Cryswar

Cryswar

Demon Girl
Reputation score
0.11 is out!

Changelog;
  • Two new group evening scenes, for Metatron/Maya and Sarah/Metatron. Both require 2 affection with each party, but grant affection for both. Headpats and wholesome ahoy!
  • Whospasia finally has Trust/Affection scenes. I doubt that meme will die so easily, but on the off chance you're one of the two people that remembered she existed, yay!
  • Ashley got a footjob night scene, requiring 4 affection to unlock. Mostly so I could justify some cute stuff at the end. If you're a foot enthusiast, feel free to tell me how bad it was and how I could improve.
  • You can now pass time in camp. Click button, go forward 1 time slot. Good if you want to fast forward to night I guess?
  • Some Water-element magic (Frost Bolt, Frost Nova) buffed to varying degrees. They kinda suffered from being designed in 0.1, so they needed a bit more love. Should feel a bit less garbage now, maybe. Yes, other elements will get their turn soon.
This was an extremely productive few weeks. Not all of that progress made it into the update, butttt I am hyped to announce that we have proper character art coming! Sam and Metatron are both in various stages of completion, with previews of some Sam outfit sketches up on the discord, and a couple of Metatron expressions up on Patreon. More of both will be shown off more as they get closer to completion.

I don't have a good ETA for when either will be finished, or when other upcoming characters will get previews. Short answer, Soon(tm). Practical answer... I'm hoping Sam will be done in time for 0.12, but it might be 0.13. Metatron is a significant unknown (but looking great so far!). The next char will HOPEFULLY be sometime in July but hasn't been officially started yet, will talk about her more then.

OP
Cryswar

Cryswar

Demon Girl
Reputation score
0.12a is out!

Changelog;
  • Sam has proper art now, thanks to Houpo! With three outfits and a variety of expressions, she should have no shortage of personalititty. Previous events (hopefully) updated. Battle art is not yet implemented.
  • Sam's fire training part 1 is done; parts 2 and 3 will come at a later date.
  • Metatron got new Trust and Affection scenes, the beginnings of her martial arts and romance plotlines respectively.
I confess, getting Sam art ingame and working alongside the NPC system, not sticking around on certain swaps, etc. kicked my ass hard, so it's a bit small of an update despite being an enormous amount of work on my end. HOWEVER, /most/ of the hard work was either Sam-specific (cuz M/F Sam) or was a structural upgrade that won't need to be repeated for future characters, so future art should be far easier to handle.

Looking forward, late July-ish should have the next update, HOPEFULLY including at least some Badon content, and maybe equipment, we'll see. That said, I have jury duty in the last week of July so it's hard to say exactly how things will turn out.

Finally, for anyone curious - there is a Metatron art preview up on Patreon! Flat-color sketch rather than finished art, but I'm still immensely happy with how she's looking and she seems very popular among those who have seen her so far. Will get a preview on Discord... Eventually(tm), depends on when there's more progress to show lol.

OP
Cryswar

Cryswar

Demon Girl
Reputation score
0.13a is out!
  • Metatron art added! Only the clothed version is visible ingame atm, but there's a nude version for when her romance gets a bit further along. Please join me in worshipping those tattoos!
  • Sam's fire training part 2 and 3 are complete, unlocking fire magic.
  • Four new Pyromancy/Thermomancy spells are available, most of them with masteries (RIP Heat Ray). More will come in the future.
  • Stat respecs are finally possible. The UI sucks, I know, it'll improve later.
  • Various backend upgrades that will be used in the next update or two, like the equipment system and sex battle victory/loss scene framework.
The next update will be in late August and should FINALLY include Badon, new girls, the equipment system, and more magic. Oh, and I guess maybe a brothel and dates in town, if you're into that lewd stuff for some reason.

OP
Cryswar

Cryswar

Demon Girl
Reputation score
dd 14 update.png

Changelog;
  • Ashley now has art, courtesy of Mistimagi! She has 20 expressions (most of them smug) and a pretty decent variety of outfits, see if you can find them all!
  • Ashley's Nether training part 1 is done. I'm super proud of it. Parts 2+ will come in a future update.
  • Since this seems to be the Ashley update, she also got the first Badon content, a date (with some dressing room snu-snu) that unlocks her second outfit.
  • Severn now has a proper ending, which fuckstarts the plot back UP. Has a few routes and moral choices to make. Also, optional temporary partners! Every current party member and any temporary partners you pick up there have special scenes, though I'd say rescuing the girl, sticking with Celica, or buddying up with the fish bois are my favorites.
  • Badon is now sorta in the game, with a pretty chunky intro that has even more plot!
  • A huge variety of ability conditions are now functional, with some used in past or new abilities. They can have alternate descriptions play now too!
  • Abilities now have more scaling options as well, like with opponent stats or your defense - should be nice when shields get more skills soon.
  • Some abilities can now apply elemental vulnerability effects, which amplify elemental damage. In the future, traits will also add resistances.
  • Bleeds, Burns, and Poisons are now somewhat better differentiated. Burns typically deal strong constant damage based on your stats, while bleeds typically have weaker scaling but can be stacked infinitely. Poison can now deal varying % max health damage. In the future, traits and abilities will play with the system more.
  • Sarah got a 4 trust scene
  • Whospasia sex battle is now replayable in camp
I wrote up a pretty detailed introspective on the good, the bad, and the ugly of 0.14 - what went wrong and what went right. You can read it on or if you're curious. There's no paywall, I just don't want to clog up this topic with it lol.

Looking forward, I'm going to try another monthly update, putting into practice the lessons I learned from this one. My primary goal is to flesh out sex battles overall; adding new ones, victory/defeat scenes for some, and some mechanics updates. There will also be more Badon content (dates, possibly brothel) and camp content (finishing Nether training, more romance stuff). Depending on how it goes I may go back to biweekly, stick to monthly, or alternate depending on update content.

For 0.15 though, I'm aiming for the last week of September. As we get closer to release I might have a more specific date.

Special thanks to Jiffic/jfc (Metatron's artist) for the update banner, and grim/Pavonius on the discord for lots of typo/bug reports!

OP
Cryswar

Cryswar

Demon Girl
Reputation score
15a update.png
Changelog;
  • Celica now has art, courtesy of Mistimagi! She has 40 something expressions and a few layers of clothing, though some of the uhhh...less wholesome options aren't available ingame. YET.
  • Ashley's Nether training is complete, with parts 2 and 3. That means that Nether magic is finally available to the player, with 8 abilities (and various masteries). Expect a lot of debuffs, statuses, and weird mechanics, with good firepower.
  • Ashley got a 4 trust scene as well, with some philosophy to discuss.
  • Ashley sex battle now exists, because this is the second Ashley-focused update in a row apparently lmao. I swear she's not the creator's pet.
  • Celica got a 4 affection scene that pushes your relationship with her forward a bit, and maaaay lead to... places... in the near-ish future.
  • Metatron got a 6-trust scene that gives some character development and starts to explain her martial art. More importantly, it also gives her sleeveless art for a bit. THEM GUNS.
  • Various engine improvements; now most status effects can scale, the status effect window now has better descriptions and some new icons, lewd battles can now have statuses, etc.
0.16 will probably be in late October and (depending on how Discord/Patreon votes go) expand on various aspects of the game.

OP
Cryswar

Cryswar

Demon Girl
Reputation score
16b update.png
Changelog;
  • The game has been ported to 1080p. Characters should look MUCH sharper and have their canon heights.
  • The UI has been updated for the new size and improved in some cases.
  • There's an all-new, auto-populating UI for camp visits now that displays event requirements even if you don't meet them yet.
  • Aether training was completely revamped. There are now five scenes, including one with Sarah, and a significant increase in the amount of affection and aether corruption gained.
  • There are also five new unlock traits (which don't cost additional attunement) that unlock a variety of new abilities across five different 'schools'. There will be more abilities in the future, some of them are pretty lean right now.
  • Sarah has a new night scene, cowgirl position, unlocked at 6 affection.
  • Rollback is back, and functional everywhere but in battles and certain parts of adventures. Let me know if anything seems weird.
0.16 ended up being heavy on the technical side of things - the UI stuff took a lot more work than I had feared, and while I think the Aether training stuff came out well, it was also a lot of work. 0.17 is planned for early December and will focus more on the plot, relationship, and lewd sides of things.

Last edited:
OP
Cryswar

Cryswar

Demon Girl
Reputation score
17a.png
Changelog;
  • Sarah now has art, courtesy of Mistimagi! Her old content has been updated with expressions, as well as various outfits. Underwear, temple/exercise outfit, normal sweater, and tights-only for her thighjob LOL.
  • The monsters in the opening forest area and temple now have art as well, thanks to Garrisen! Let me know how you like them (and if you find any bugs). The abomination is... really, really big and gross, as he should be.
  • I honestly can't remember if this is new to this update, but monsters and characters will now appear inbattle instead of text boxes. This applies to normal battles as well as sex battles.
  • Celica has 6 and 8 affection scenes to give her some character development and start her romance route. She really, REALLY needs a hug.
  • Sarah has a new conversation about succubi with some plot
  • Maya has an armpitjob scene, available in the evening. Why armpitjob? idk man. I just wanted to try it.
  • Lots of bugfixes (not enough)
I will be traveling next week, so progress will resume somewhere around January 7th-10th. The next update will return to the usual monthly schedule and be out around a month later. I will focus on adding some more Celica stuff, as well as working on Metatron romance, Aspasia art/content, and an unknown amount of Ina/Sam/Badon/trait stuff. Gotta get that plot ball rolling again...

2-tall

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Will the Main character and Male Sam eventually get artwork?

OP
Cryswar

Cryswar

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Will the Main character and Male Sam eventually get artwork?
MSam - yeah, I have some possible artists in mind, just been prioritizing the waifus first.

MC - possibly. I'd like to have at least some level of customization, and am not 100% sure I want them on screen (ex. should they have expressions?). So I'm not gonna rush it until I have the funds and vision to do it properly, whatever 'properly' ends up meaning. But I do think it'd be cool.

OP
Cryswar

Cryswar

Demon Girl
Reputation score
tomboy update.png

0.19e is out!

Changelog;
  • All girls with art now use that art for portraits when speaking, which should make it easier to follow their expressions in a conversation.
  • Sam now has 4 and 6 affection scenes, kickstarting her romance from a very different direction than others. She also has a few new expressions/overlays, and by 'new' I mean 'I remembered they existed'
  • Celica's wind training 1-3 are all done, with a massive number of dialogue swaps based on your stats, choices mid-training, other learned magics, and romance progress with her. Her Water training pt3 has also been updated to reference romance if you pursue that first.
  • Existing and new wind magic split into three distinct schools; each has a decent variety of spells and synergy! There are also a bunch of new wind-related traits, both general and for each school. Some other traits got buffs (ex. Flutter for daggers) and I added a couple others, like Vengeance for slower mages.
  • Metatron now has a massive Badon scene that significantly advances the plot and gives more information on the world.
  • Ina now has art, courtesy of jfc!
  • Her bodyguard Kuril also has art, courtesy of alhazartfinds!
  • Most characters now have unique battle themes, camp themes, or both, including some updated songs. RIP Celica/Sam not having camp themes... yet.
  • Maya is the recipient of our first custom commissioned music! Her camp theme was provided by ubercrow.
  • All Severn enemies now have art, courtesy of Garrisen! I think that means every enemy (except Maya) now has art!
  • Event UI has been extended to evening and night scenes, which should make it much easier to see how to unlock them. Also made me realize how few evening scenes there are. Fuck.
  • New targeting indicator in battle, courtesy of jfc! God it looks so much less ghetto now LOL
  • Sam now has a unique trait that gives her increasing Glancing Hit as her health lowers, adding a decent bit of survivability
  • Sarah now gains Perpetuity as a normal trait, somewhere in the 20s (may move it earlier, idk) to turbocharge her buffs.
  • Hopefully fixed all the bugs/errors known as of 0.18d
  • Added a generic Wait command, so you can't softlock yourself by running out of mana
  • Spent hours for nearly zero tangible benefit reworking a few poorly-coded functions. Aside from fixing some bugs, they mostly just look better now. I consider that time well spent.
I forgot to post the 18 changelog previously, so I'll add it as spoilers just in case.
Previous changelog;
  • Metatron now has 6 and 8 affection scenes, exploring her character and pushing her romance forward. She also gets a conversation with Sarah, a conversation about gods, and (if you refused the moonlit visitor's offer) a special conversation about that.
  • Aspasia now has art, courtesy of the gigachad jfc! Along with the usual expressions and ability to get naked, she also has an adaptive portrait next to the text. If y'all like it, I'll extend it to other girls next update.
  • Aspasia also got two new conversations, which have a decent bit of lore and personality in them, as well as a 4 trust scene. She actually has a personality now!
  • Sarah and Ashley both have massive new lewd scenes, available in the evening and at night respectively. They are by far the longest in the game currently. The Ashley scene was partially in honor of TheTimeHasCumAndSoHaveI 's phenomenal review!
  • Maya got a dumb conversation because I was wondering how she felt about pets.
  • Most buffs and debuffs have been reworked; they no longer cost a turn, but instead cost mana per turn. They have been rebalanced, but not necessarily perfectly, feedback would be very helpful.
  • Many new buffs/debuff abilities added, ex. AOE buffs/debuffs exist that can affect much of the battlefield, like permanently burning enemies. My tentative feeling is that they're probably too strong, but again, feedback is welcome.
  • Massive amounts of functionality have been added to traits, and there are ~15-20 new traits taking advantage of it. Most magic and weapon types have 1-3 special traits, most of which only apply to that form of offense, but can grant benefits like increased freeze chance or reduced cooldowns for dagger skills. Once again, balance is WIP.
  • Arden Outskirts and Arden Expanse now have monster art, courtesy of the talented Garrisen! I really love how the hobs came out in particular. Unfortunately, the Shaman is still a huge dick; art can't fix that.
  • Complete honesty, I guarantee I forgot to mention a bunch of other changes and probably missed a scene
  • Special thanks to grim for help proofreading, Pavonius for help getting ability sort working, and jfc for helping me get the instant ability UI looking nice!