What's new

Cycle of Beliefs, wilting. (Player Hafnium) (GMed by Diagasvesle)

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
HP: 73 PP: 62 EP: 73 Speed: 10 (W/armor) Dodge: 47 Armor: 8 (W/armor) Resistance: 25 Perception: 24 Stealth: 7 (W/armor) Grapple: 12 Spirit Ceiling: 15

The Karkastan, known as Morana could feel her hands gliding over a mortal lover, female, of one of the sidhe in the court. She had been asked to make the mortal as beautiful as she was in life. She knew that the fey that had asked her this was going to burn the mortal lover on a pile of already wilting flowers for sentimental reasons. The faux-satyr that Morana was had been offered payment of a small token darkheart for her services. Through it would be up to Morana herself to accept the payment for this care of the dead.

Once she had finished preparing the dead women, a message being sent, the faux-satyr was asked to leave for this private affair of the fey and his dead lover. Through Morana couldn’t help but feel and unsettling feel of the way that the fey carress the dead womens cheek. Still she need no longer worry about the women as she would leave, heading to the quarters assigned to her at the Fey Lords Mansion. The quarters themselves was resplendent in hearty greens with mixtures of golds and reds spliced into the room decoration. But even as she approached her quarters, she could feel a.. tug would be the most accurate way to say it. A tug on her ear, a begging towards her to come approach.

Continuing to move or standing still, Morana would feel the link connecting to her even as felt the comforting energies of the scroll that she had made. It seemed she wasn’t being blindly summoned but even as she could hear the pleas of the summoner, she could tell intrinsically that there was a smell of burning straw close by as well as heavy dark spots of something. This something what was it? The warping structure, the taste of feeling something special running down her tongue.. Morana could place it, the summoner held a darkheart. In fact the more she listened to the cal, the better she could see the summoner, a human, a badarian by the looks, in hearty mishmax of scaled and chain armor to protect his bodies from blows of enemies. Still she could not tell if the human had a way for her to return here yet, so she would have to open a contact with him. If he had the last part of her fee then she could choose to go. If he didn’t well it would wholly up to Morana if she still wished to go. Still he should have it, especially with the fact it was named in the price of summoning her.

Location: Moving along a Fey Enclave, heading towards the home of the Fey Lord to her quarters to see if any requests had been left by her room. If not she would head to where the few dead of fey lay ready to be prepared to death. (Or other actions if she is inclined.)

Hafnium

Despair Fetishist
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Cycle of Beliefs, wilting. (Player Hafnium) (GMed by Diagasvesle)

(Wee. Satyress adventuresss. Also, it's worth noting that a darkheart is more a stone than a heart. I am also assuming that contacting a potential summoner is a thing that can innately be done through the contract scroll.)

Preparing the dead was a long and delicate process that often required more concentration and effort than whatever had seen their lives end. Quality mattered in Morana's trade. A single mistake or missed step would be the ruination of any ceremony the body was expected it take part in, and as such cause more pain to the family and friends of the dead. The body had to be washed and dried, in some cases wounds needed to be repaired as best she could, a special cream had to be applied, bodily fluids had to be drained and then replaced with a special mixture of herbs and preservatives, occasionally there was makeup, and all the steps in between those. It was a sort of necromancy, but the object of her efforts would never rise again.

Morana performed her work with a practiced care and patience, and the essential help of her magics. Few might ever envy her for her job, but it was a duty she had to the deceased and to the cycle. That sense of duty is why she had refused the darkheart offered to her for her current work. Those among the denizens of her home, be they fae or fae-friend, would never have to pay for her services. Though, behind closed doors, sometimes she took her payment in a different form by calling the spirits of the deceased, those few whose souls hadn't already been devoured after their death, and conversing with them.

When her work came to an end and it was asked that she leave, she did so with nothing more than a nod. The satyress re-donned her armor over the cloth wrapping she had worn to perform her job, then left. Her obligation was to prepare the dead for the ceremony which would be the final length of their body's journey, nothing more and nothing less.

She began to return to her assigned quarters, which was a thing of surprising opulence. Then again, it was odd for most fey lords to live anywhere but under the stars. Still, it wasn't entirely unheard of for one to be of a sort to desire to hoard and showcase treasures and pretty things, and having come from captivity Hell such displays were entirely common to her. She had heard rumors that the faerie queens had entire marble palaces and monuments dedicated to their person, and that some kept harems of enthralled mortals who had caught their fancy.

Her return was halted by the feeling that she was being summoned. The scrolls were another oddity in the Karkastan's life. Where before a faerie or a demon might be plucked from the ether by a vague call from a spirit wielder that they wished to respond to, or a spirit wielder might summon one that they had met before in some capacity, the scrolls offered a means for even commoners to call upon the immortal races, so long as they could provide the denarii for the scroll and the price to the summoned being. It was a prospect that she had found exciting when she first learned of it. She still found it exciting enough to immediately drop what she was doing and attempt to establish contact with her would-be summoner.

You have called to me, mortalkin, she projected her thoughts as she attempted to establish a link using the magics inherent in her contract. Do you have the means to send me home once my work is complete?

OP
Diagasvesle

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

HP: 73 PP: 62 EP: 73 Speed: 10 (W/armor) Dodge: 47 Armor: 8 (W/armor) Resistance: 25 Perception: 24 Stealth: 7 (W/armor) Grapple: 12 Spirit Ceiling: 15

The fake satyr, as she cleaned the dead girls body, rubbing in the special herbs and preservative mixes that she had crafted by her own hand, Morana could tell the women, her life, was ended by a small stab wound in her back between the ribs to easily cut to her heart and end her quickly. This foul play was either overlooked by the master of this women or encouraged. Either way the girls wilting body was being preserved by her hand to be beautiful but for a few more moments before falling further into death.

But Morana could sense something strange as she cleaned the women, she could feel the presence of something quite near and hovering almost as if watching her clean the body. Morana knew this feel from her cleaning of dead bodies, she could always feel the spirits that had yet to fully depart or have the unlucky chance of being devoured before heading to full rest. The karkastan felt she could reach out, bringing herself to commune with the spirit. (-Optional- Initiate Communication with the Spirit hovering over the body. -Dark Optional- This results in a far too close communication for Morana)

– – – –

Even as she entered her lavish quarters, Morana could see another letter as well as a small polished white stone made in imitation of a darkheart made with opposite colourings. The letter she could see easily had recognizable hand writing of the fey lord, he had yet to ever give her name, promising her one of his aliases to be used fully by her once she came to him. Still Morana could tell that the white stone was a gift from the Fey Lord... (-Optional- The White Stone is a simple bauble of protection. -Dark Optional- The white stone with its protections hide an insidious whispering~)

After she had done something with the letter she received and had done something with the stone, she would feel the connection from the scroll and began communing with the person who was summoning her. Her question asked to the 'mortalkin' had the other side growling as he spoke “Does the scroll not come with its own returning you to whence you came?” Even as the question was asked, Morana knew that while that was true, it was not a very cost effective solution meant to be used in case of emergencies where she was about to die. As long as the scroll was unknown and no one was blocking it, she could return, but it was far more effective for the supplicant to give her an item already imbued. Still the mortal growled as he said “Yes I do have an item to return you back.. Through it is a banishing item so the trip back will not be quite that pleasant..” Banishing would feel like she was forcefully hurtling back her. If she was unlucky it would be a bruising landing. Still as long as the banishing item wasn't meant to also attempt her destruction, it was plausible way for her to return. Through how it worked was due to the scroll and how it 'marked' her as a summoned being only to her summoner, making others that see them think she is actually been traveling with him for a while. (-Optional- An embarrassing summoning, Morana is summoned alright, but she is summoned first, with her clothing and armor falling atop of her. -Dark Optional- Only her armor with nothing to protect her from its rough insides falls atop of her leaving her with no clothing.)

(-Being Summoned by-
Badarian Human Warrior or Non-Badarian Human Warrior )

Location: In the Morgue for Upper Part | In her Lavish room gifted to her by the fey lord.

Last edited:

Hafnium

Despair Fetishist
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(For IC reasons, Morana will be ignoring the spirit for now. For the rest: the magical dice suggeeeest: 3, 1. That translates to the white stone being insidious and the summoning going off without a hitch).

Finding a stab wound on the body proved alarming, but years of living among the machinations of demons and their ilk had prepared Morana well for the situation. That same preparation told her that it wasn't the sort of thing to bring to the deceased's lover. No, she would have to report her findings to the lord who had taken her under his wing. It would prove not only safer for everyone involved, those long years in Hell had taught her that it was the duty of a servant to relinquish knowledge to a master first and then allow that master to determine its value.

To that end, when she spotted the spirit, as clearly as any other might see their own hand in front of their face, she didn't let it show in her expression. As a matter of course she had always avoided speaking to the ghosts as she prepared their earthly vessels, that there was foul play involved only made it more prudent to wait. The satyress would have to see about attempting to call the spirit later that night in the relative privacy of her own quarters.

---​

The stone proved yet another oddity. At first she had taken the faerie's interest in her as a kindly thing, even assuming that he found her pitiable. It had continued though, even after she had found her purpose in life. It had since become distressing. But as a former slave and a meager tender of the dead who had survived mostly due to his bounty, who was she to question the whims of an ancient faerie lord? She would read the letter and accept the stone, unaware of the dark magics that swirled within it.

Very well, she responded simply when her mental conversation with the knight had begun, ignoring her summoner's gruffness. Having spent time with the cruel and patient demons, then with the ageless and capricious fey, she could never begin to understand mortal impatience. But it wasn't something she would ever need to truly know, she decided. Her role in life was in death, not in knowledge.

The faux-satyress collected her bardiche, adjusted her armor, and mentally accepted the summoning. She closed her eyes as the warmth of the scroll's magic began to pull her to her intended destination only to open them again once she stood in front of her summoner, awaiting his command.

OP
Diagasvesle

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Morana picking up the letter left to her in her room on her bed by the fey lord. The parchment smelt of a stinging honey, sharp with sweetness yet that sweetness also stung harshly of the taste before disappearing. A scent that her lord used in any dealings with her. She once heard mentioned from others that the Fey lord pursued that he purposefully used a different smell for each one of them. Not always to their liking but to show them that he remembered each and everyone one of them. The faux-satyress could always ask the Fey Lord for him to change the scent... (-Optional- This scent causes an unconscious tingling throughout Morana's body, causing any effects on her not casted by the fey lord to have another roll at them (Charmed, Dominated, Horny resistance rolls). -Dark Optional- There are insidious purposes of the scent.. a subtle tricking smell the fey lord uses, to cause the ones he pursues a slow, so very slow, increase of desire whenever they smell this scent of his. )

“ My Dearest Tender,​

I hope this letter finds you in good health and that you appreciate the little gift I sent along. It should help you against small things. Still please make sure to take it on any journeys you have with that service you are operating. I do not want to find my delightful tender needing someone else to tend to her body. Ah, if you should make it back in time for dinner, there is going to be a delightful pudding, one that exacerbates the tastes.

As for business matters, there has been another fey's mortal lover that has died. She wishes for you to prepare his body in the mortals fashions. Do not worry if you cannot make it back in time to prep the body, she will be made to understand.

Fey Lord of the Autumn Court”​

Taking the stone, Morana could feel the protections within the stone swirling from deep within it. It seemed but a moment but she felt recognition from the item. She could feel the item coalescing around her, cocooning her body in a soft embrace before it faded to a soft feel surrounding her. ( + 1 av, +2 dodge – White Stone of Protection.) But unbeknownst to Morana, underneath the protective shimmering of warmth, something pulsed and went silent. A seed planted within Morana's mind.

Feeling the clash of magic around her as she was summoned, Morana felt the sting of light on her eyes even as she opened her eyes seeing daylight, nearing the afternoon. “Finally you showed up.” Gruffed out a brown haired male with a scar across his chin as if someone tried to take a bit out of it. He held up a stone object, the darkheart, as he said “How long will this get me of your time? Only an hour? Then we need to get a move on now.” As the soldier roughly pushed the darkheart into Morana's arms, a flash of anger crossed his face before he began heading towards an adjacent woods. “I've heard there is a hidden stash of items in these woods. But these woods are infected with weak fey. This should be a simple grab and find. Now if you can't do that..” The man voice growled to her at the end “Then you will lose out of any further payment that can be found in these woods. Any questions?” The man didn't seemed inclined to give her a name or well be polite to her.. But considering he only had an hour of time for her help then it seemed prudent for him to rush things along. Not to mention the fading light going to turn the woods into a far darker happening. (-Optional- The man is quite blatantly ogling Morana's figure. -Dark Optional- “As for the contract.. you'll obey any order I give you, including one where you pleasure me?”)

Morana GM cheat Sheet (What exactly is casting? Please PM me when you can.)
Body: 12 Mind: 50 Spirit: 12

HP: 73 PP: 62 EP: 73 Ep Ceiling: 15
Speed: 10 (W/armor) Dodge: 49 Armor: 9 (W/armor) Resistance: 25 Perception: 24 Stealth: 7 (W/armor) Grapple: 12

Long Bardiche: 2d10 + 3 + 6
Attack Accuracy: d20 + 12
Casting Accuracy: d20 + 50

Item Effects: Enchanted Hourglass +2 Casting, Bauble of Protection (+1 Av, +2 Dodge)

Last edited:

Hafnium

Despair Fetishist
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(Dice say... 2 and 3, apparently. Which means take the first optional, though I'm not wholly sure what it does, and apparently the human wants some fake-satyr tail.)

The satyress didn't give the letter too much thought, nor the scent for that matter. She was used to such things by then, and that included the tingling that spread through her body as she inhaled the fragrance. She would handle those responsibilities as soon as she was able. After she had perused the letter's contents, she set the parchment down and went about dealing with the ensuing summoning.

Following her summoning, the Karkastan mage largely ignored the man's irritated reaction upon her arrival. She instead set about enjoying the sights and smells of the place she had been summoned to. She basked in the feel of her hooves against the unfamiliar ground, of the strange scents, including the smell of recent fire, in her nostrils. There were few things that made her feel freer than being summoned, even if she was still technically in the command of the creature that had called upon her, and she sought to enjoy that to its fullest. It was only after taking a glance at her surroundings that she finally accepted the darkheart. Morana quickly stashed the corrupt stone in her armor, content in the knowledge that her service would also see an item of evil removed from the land.

"Patience, mine summoner," she calmly replied, allowing her the haft of her bardiche to rest on her shoulder. "My price is but a guideline and is negotiable. If the task is simple, then I may remain at hand for longer in exchange for this corrupt bauble, so long as what you assign me does not go against my own goals or those of the Autumn Court, and is not suicidal for me." When he inquired as to whether or not he could order her to pleasure him, she continued unfazed. "I am compelled to comply to some extent, mortalkin. If it is pleasure you desire, I am willing to accommodate you, but understand that it will be counted toward my time in your service." The cruel training of the demons had long since removed any shyness she might have had about the subject.

"Which service would you have me accomplish first, mortal?" If he chose the matter of the item cache, she would mutter an incantation and summon a wraith to aid them in their task. If it was his other task... Well, that would require a different approach.

Basically, her base casting (in the event that it's ever required for something that doesn't include a 1d20 or she has no armor on) is 33. However, whenever she has to roll and is casting with armor on and her Enchanted Hourglass on her person, it's 1d20 + 31. And when she's using a spell that she has a focus in under those conditions, it's 1d20 + 41. You'll mostly only need the latter 2, the first one is just there for the record, and I will provide a note on her base casting whenever she's making use of it.

Speaking of which...

If the human wants to search for the item cache first, then Morana will use:
Summon Wraith (Level 5 Aether, Summon) [This creature gets a +30 bonus to Body, Damage Reduction 3/4, and has the Stealth, Sneaky, Unarmed Fighter, and Skill with Unarmed Talents. It can phase through walls, and can fly at its speed. This creature's Dodge stat is capped at 50, and its Speed stat is capped at 25.]

This costs 8 EP and has a casting DC of 40. Because it's an Aether spell, her base casting is 1d20 + 41.

The summoned monster's stats would be (10 [Base] + 2 [Focus bonus] + 4 [Reanimator Bonus]) x 5 [Spell Level] and then a +30 on top of that.

So it's a wraith with 110 body, which means 110 HP, 50 dodge, 25 speed, 55 resistance, 46 stealth, +122 attack, and 1d8+57 damage on its unarmed attack. Also it can fly at its speed, can phase through walls, and has 3/4th damage reduction.

If the human wants some faux-satyress action first, then she'll skip the wraith summoning for now and do other things. >.>

OP
Diagasvesle

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Taking a look around the surroundings Morana could see that she was in a forest, with dim shadows beginning to form reaffirming that it was nearing afternoon. Not a good time to exactly begin searching the forest but since her summoning time was only 1 hour worth of time per dark heart, the man summoning her figured that it probably would not take longer then an hour to find the stash of items that he was looking for.

-Morana's Observation- The Forest looks quite leafy and green – spring time perhaps? Or nearing the end of summer. Checking closer she could tell that the area was in the lush verdant of spring blooming more and more. So no not summer then. She could see some mushrooms nearby growing in a patch. The mushrooms were a stocky brown color and would no doubt have soft white flesh underneath the caps. Looking at the ground, Morana could see the beaten track, a hunters track, with different animals having used this as a passageway throughout the forest. As it was now she could track the tracks in general but would not able to discern what species tracks were on the ground. Turning her attention to the grouchy summoner she could see now more clearly that he had a pack with an obvious Claymore sticking onto him. Not to mention that what she had mistaken as mishmash of chain mail and scale mail was actually just full scale Mail. He was wearing some quite heavy armor for what should be a simple item find. Unless he figured into the motto 'Nothing is better then Overkill.' In which case her summoner would be quite prepared for his simple item grab.

It shouldn't be suicidal since the directions I got for it was from killing off a few bandits. Through there could be some traps that are left in wait but should not be a problem. Still I have an uneasy feeling which is why I called you here. If nothing is wrong then it will be an annoying waste for me.” As the man remained quiet before stating “Still my name is Akuom. I am surprised you did not ask for some name from me but regardless..” He nodded slowly towards Morana before ordering “Then come over here and present yourself. Do not fully remove your armor.” Morana could feel that this order was a test to her. To see if she would comply with it and do as he asked. (Present – Offer Up all of her body for an inspection. That is what he is asking)

If She did, Akuom would simply grope her, testing her body, the firmness of her tits, the plushness of her pussy and even rubbing the soft fur of her tail. She could tell he was aroused by it but forcibly stopped himself as he growled “I did not summon you for this. But if this is time left over, I will be taking advantage of this.” If she did not Akuom would snort as he said “Figures that would be far too good to be true. But I will admit you have a good form.” (Note – This scene can be prolonged depending on how Morana acts from it.) (*Edited in Optionals cause I couldn't resist >.>. -Optional- If Morana presents herself.. Does as stated above but also checks her tail-hole. -Dark Optional- Purposefully toys with her clitoris as well trying to get her juices flowing.)

Either way Akuom would quirk an eyebrow at the wraith she summoned before he said “Okay. This will make an easily a quick find. Now I only have vague directions and it is in that direction.” As he pointed into the forest. A northern direction from how the sun was falling. Either way he would begin to move that direction, commenting at how her wraith was scouting. Either way, with the wraith leading and informing Morana of what it encountered the duo would lead. Akuom would be in front of Morana regardless and if she tried to get in front of him he would growl out “No. I want you behind me since you seem to be a summoner.” (-Optional- Instead of Akuom leading, he would walk behind Morana, quite bluntly groping her ass cheeks. -Dark Optional- He would be taking that a step farther and physically fingering her even through their in a forest, but with Morana's wraith around there would be little much things could do to fight them.)

Trekking into the forest the wraith would deal with some wolves it encountered. Killing one of the surprised wolves before it could react causing the other wolves to growl and howl even as they fled from the wraith that easily killed another one. Still none of these wolves held anything important onto them besides wolf skin. Something Akuom did not have time to skin and doubted he would unless the stash of items was easy pickings. Leaving the two dead wolves there.

Still it took twenty minutes before the wraith sent something backed that looked like the item stash Akuom mentioned to Morana. (-Optional- The bandits lied to Akuom. -Dark Optional- The bandits may have.. under exaggerated to an extreme..)

(If no optionals taken, It looks like a cleverly hidden Cave-Hole in the ground *Wraith POV
If optional is taken it looks to be a hidden wooden door
If dark optional is taken it looks to be a hidden metal door)

(GM Note: Oh god oh god that wraith is gonna kill everything in my forest D: Get it out of there now before it finds the warped wolves and butchers them indiscriminately for their darkhearts which Akuom will claim for himself and use to prolong the time limit in which Morana stays D: .)

Morana GM cheat Sheet (What exactly is casting? Please PM me when you can.)
Body: 12 Mind: 50 Spirit: 12

HP: 73 PP: 62 EP: 73 Ep Ceiling: 15
Speed: 10 (W/armor) Dodge: 49 Armor: 9 (W/armor) Resistance: 25 Perception: 24 Stealth: 7 (W/armor) Grapple: 12

Long Bardiche: 2d10 + 3 + 6
Attack Accuracy: d20 + 12
Casting Accuracy: d20 + 50

Item Effects: Enchanted Hourglass +2 Casting, Bauble of Protection (+1 Av, +2 Dodge)

Last edited:

Hafnium

Despair Fetishist
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(The RNG says... 1 for the groping, so nothing more than what he had already done. Skip the second one since she will listen to him and remain behind him. The third one gets a 2, which means the bandits lied to Akuom.)

"As you wish, summoner," she acceded to his demand to present herself. The mortal's lust reminded her of her demonic tormentors. Indeed, that resemblance was a large part of why she complied so easily. The memories of what happened to her when she had resisted so long ago blended too well with her current reality for any pride or dignity to assert itself. The faux satyress stepped forward and left her bardiche in its non-threatening position. She couldn't partially remove her armor, for it was a thing that was meant to be worn as either whole or nothing, but she certainly didn't impede his access.

Morana remained stony-faced as the human tested all of her sensitive spots, and even as he spent time to touch her tail. That was why she hadn't cared much for names, she mused. In Hell, a name was a dangerous piece of currency. Anybody asking for a name in hell was more likely to be lied to or, if they were being kind, simply given a title. And having a demon's name mattered not anyway, given that the karkastan's only value in Hell had been as a receptacle for lust. She wondered if that would ever change.

After he had issued his declaration that he would take pleasure from her if there was time left over, which didn't shock or even surprise the satyress at all by that point, she summoned her wraith and sent it forward to scout. Though she initially followed alongside Akuom, Morana heeded his demand to remain behind him without complaint. There was no point in arguing that he was underestimating her, he was the summoning contract holder and she would heed his word when such was sensible.

She initially said nothing when the wraith encountered and dispatched the wolves, though once Akuom had explained that he had no time to skin them, she did speak. "As per my contract, the wolves will be buried. Worry not, this will not count against my time in your service." With that explained, she said a short cantrip which caused the ground beneath the slain wolves to envelop their corpses, leaving no trace that they had ever been there in mere seconds after its casting. Then she allowed Akuom to continue, following him in silence.

She would remain silent until the wraith had sent its image of the so-called item stash back to her. "Mortalkin, the spirit has informed me of a wooden door ahead. It may be your item cache." Morana would continue to follow Akuom to her wraith's discovery, or if he desired she would lead him to her wraith, until they had arrived at their destination. Once there, the mage would silently order her spirit to simply wait outside the door, stay hidden, and report on anything that might follow in after them, since she very much assumed that her summoner would wish to investigate it. Outwardly, she herself waited for Akuom's next orders.

Use Shape Earth (Level 3 Earth, Utility) [Allows the caster to animate a section of rock, dirt, sand, ect. This spell functions exactly like the binding option of the Animate Spirit Power with X = 1 + Mind/6 if used to try and grapple a creature or creatures, or the Reshape Power otherwise.] to bury the wolves. This will cost her 4 EP and has a casting DC of 20.

Once they're at the door, the wraith is just to hide outside of the door and report anything it spots to Morana. For now it's on a stealth mission.