What's new

VN/TEXT [D.O.] Pretty Soldier Wars A.D. 2048 / Youjuu Senki -A.D. 2048- / 妖獣戦記 -A.D.2048-

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Opening statement, So while at Anime Expo. I bought some Games and I thought I should share them. This is game 3 of 4 that I bought.

1 more games to go as I finish uploading

INFO

The apocalypse known as "The Third" occured as a result of mankind's tasting the deadly fruit of nuclear technology. The massive radiation released in the holocaust of world war mingled with the genetic fallout from biological weapons, creating horrific mutations that came to be called "Yoju". These beasts bred in the bodies of humans and multiplied, covering the blighted landscape and pushing humanity to the brink of extinction.

It is now the year 2048. As mankind's final gamble in the struggle against the Yoju, a squad of genetically engineered cyborgs was created - the A.S.S.P. Its members posess combat ability far beyond that of normal humans, and have been programmed with the complete database of anti-Yoju strategies and tactics researched over years of war. These female biosoldiers have become humanity's last line of defense against total annihilation, and you have been chosen to command them.

Gameplay is like chess with each piece (character) having a different attack range

unlocking CG is done by attacking certain enemys. they will be holding a hostage and the CG is show once you engage them. only the unique monsters have a hostage/CG to show.

you can also have a sex scene CG by favoring a certain unit and it will make you go on a 1 time date and followed up by a random sex scene that doesn't really follow up on how the hell it transitioned so fast.

LINK

Self Input
This games art is decent, VA is good, but gameplay is pretty bad.

The Chess like board gameplay is pretty standard. each of your girls has a different range, but it all doesn't matter. since you use guns, it means firing at point blank at all times since the farther you are the more chance you have of missing. Trust me, you WILL miss over half the time and the enemys will miss about 80-90 percent of the time.

all in all, money not spent well

picture of said game

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

mrblack

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Pretty Soldier Wars A.D. 2048

This was the first Hgame I ever bought. I've still got the CD around somewhere. Horrible disappointment. But I had my hopes way up. I'm sure it's still got some fun value if you don't have to pay for it. Also old game is oooold.

OP
dartred

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yah man, only reason I bought it was because I couldn't find it online anywhere aside from erogedowloand and they split there games to many times and it's such a buzzkill to have to download every link. So when i saw it at AX i was like. YES PLEASE!

grazer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Actually, certain guns work better at not-pointblank, specifically the two rifle users The SMG isn't too bad at range either.

-As a rule, keep the rear rank stationary for an aim bonus, and keep the front rank swapping around since moving gives an evasion bonus. Evasion is your only workable defence.

-If you're forced to make the rear rank tackle something up close, use the sniper. She has something resembling evasion and more health than the other two.

-Either fight in a bottleneck or in a wide open space.

-Some especially annoying critters have a gas attack that can pass through cover.

-The shotgunner is awful. The cyborg is pretty bad and loses a lot of accuracy past pointblank. The swordsgirl is excellent for tanking and deals a different type of damage to the gunners.

-As a rule of thumb, pistols and sword in front, rifles and SMG at the back.

-The listed accuracies for a shot are bullshit, you will miss constantly even with 90% supposed chance to hit.

-It's shit.

There's actually a sequel to this, but good luck finding it.

Last edited:

RyonaMasta

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Did anybody get stuck when download hits 83%?

Kirshz

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Sounds like the usual issues with Mega. Though, honestly, I've yet to have any issues with the Firefox Extension with Mega yet either.

As for the game itself, eh, I liked the idea at the time given that it was uncensored tentacles, though like said, the gameplay isn't exactly the greatest thing in the world but the concept was interesting.

I also never got that Cyborg's scene, but all the h-scenes in this game are pretty disappointingly short as well.

Also, yes, there is a sequel but it was never translated, it's in Japanese.

crow_mw

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Five years I am waiting for a sequel...

OP
dartred

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score

5 years? the sequel was made 3 months after if im not mistaken...

fastest sequel i've ever seen.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ugh. That game. Such a fucking disappointment.

AllenAndArth

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

i hate this game, they managed to make a lot of misses at point blank, how unbalanced a game must be when a char with gun misses at point blank?

TwilitFeather

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I've the cd blended in with my others. I actually liked the game. It was fun being the role of commander and making sure my units stayed safe as I rescued people. Sure, it kinda ruined it when I found my units would just retreat when I was fighting a big boss, but I liked the voices and enjoyed a character date route.

As for argument of gun at point blank, Games of this sort would make it a ranged weapon so it would be better at a certain range. Realistic perspective, I don think someone could aim very well while having to dodge tentacles.

Last edited:

Ayu Break

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Has anyone else had the issue where it cannot load the battle map and crashes?

If so how did you resolve it?

Edit: Seems XP compatabillity mode fixed it, now I feel dumb for asking :D

Last edited:

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

I wonder if anyone has a CGI rip of the original PC98 games (I think there was three of them)

lazydude

Tentacle God
Reputation score

This was the first Hgame I ever bought. I've still got the CD around somewhere. Horrible disappointment. But I had my hopes way up. I'm sure it's still got some fun value if you don't have to pay for it. Also old game is oooold.
QFT

same here, though it wasn't my first it was my fourth :)

OP
dartred

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score

since i never played the original, i dont know if any of those girls are even main heroines.