Dark Gate OOC Thread

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: PbP Interest Check

Yeah, name kinda sucks though. Oh teh wellz. Going to work on putting up the character creation rules now.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

So, we can make mystical priestesses relying on their spiritual powers instead of magic. I think I am starting to like where this is going.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Also, one thing you need to know is that I thought everything up for this game in a grand total of about 2 hours. So please, if you think of something to add, PM it to me or post it here. If you want it, I'd be more than happy to give it.

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

So far so good, I see you're still writing up some bits. Spells, equipment and races at least still to go, I presume.

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

Hm. Sounds interesting... I wanna see the races before committing, though.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Alright then, Tass, maybe you could do a thing like in jumpers where you have a separate thread for people pointing out bugs to make it easier to find such comments? (Although, most bugs will probably only be found once this starts running.)

ZeroSpace

Lurker
Reputation score

Oh and, tell us when you are finished finished.
With creation, stats, etc.

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

So, we can make mystical priestesses relying on their spiritual powers instead of magic. I think I am starting to like where this is going.
Anma-lover.

...Tassy might get it...

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Sounds familiar, but it's definitely something I don't recall right now.

Anyway, I was thinking of not even saying interest and then totally jacking a spot once it became available, but considering my slow speed as of late, I'm going to just tell ya. Yeah, I think this sounds good.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Two things:

Should we have characters from races such as the Crolian and the Anudorian not know or understand any of the technologies the more advanced races use?

Also, once you get spirit magic up, I'll make a character sheet which might make recognizing some bugs easier. (Also, are you going to make a seperate thread for characters)

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Characters from races not familiar with advanced technology won't be able to choose it at the start, but they'll recognize it when they see it.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

This is what I've come up with from your system so far if you want to see what types of characters a person can make with your system. (Items and background are currently missing, but they can be filled in later)

As a note: numbers in parenthesis are the adjusted values after talents have been applied.
Name: Nillien
Class: Spirit(Priestess)
Race: Anudorian (Human)

Body:6
Mind:6
Spirit:38 (44)

Hit Points:28 (31)
Spirit Energy:44 (60)
Pleasure to Orgasm:28 (31)
Speed:12
Dodge:35 (38)

Talents:
Priestess: Gives 2 of your choice of the Blessing, Binding, Holy Fire, and Holy Wall powers. Can only be taken once.
2x Additional Power: Gives one additional power of your choice from the same subtype.
Greater Energy Pool: Grants an additional 10 max energy.
Resistant to Soul Drain: If dealt Spirit Energy dame, decrease it by 2.
Strong of Spirit: Get +6 to Spirit.
Lucky: Get +1 to all rolls. Can only be taken once.

Flaws:
Fertile: your character always automatically get pregnant when something cums inside of her, unless that something is sterile.
Sensitive: Pleasure taken is increased by 2.
Demon Lover: +4 to Pleasure taken from demons.

Weapons: Include a list of your characters weapons, in the format of
Weapon Name (Damage) [To-hit]

SPIRIT ONLY
Blessing: Grants strength to the user, costing 2+X to activate and X-1 to maintain, increases to-hit, dodge, and perception by X.
Binding: Holds a creature in invisible unbreakable chains. Costs 3 + X to activate and X to maintain. Creatures held must make a (X + Your Spirit x 2) vs (Enemies Body + Spirit) check to break free.
Holy Fire: Spiritual fire burns your foes, can be manipulated into shapes just like the Flame spells. Costs X to activate, and does 2d8 x X damage to one foe within 50 feet, or d6 x X damage in a 20 foot radius or 90 degree 20 foot cone.
Holy Wall: Creates a wall that no being may pass without your permission or a (Your Spirit x (1 + X)) vs (Enemies Spirit) check. Costs 8 + X energy to start and 1 + X energy to maintain. In addition, demons touching it take d6 x X damage.

Inventory:
The weapons and armor you have, along with any other equipment.

Bio/Description:
Fluff. Write whatever you like, if you decide to include a pic I'll cut it up and and put the face above your dialogue.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Sweet. I was going to throw up some example character when I finished everything, but that's a decent example. If you've got any criticisms on the system, just tell me. I'd rather I fix stuff now than people get pissed and jump ship later.

Also, how long did it take you to make?

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Eh, probably 10-15 minutes if you count the time I spent just thinking about stuff and ignore the time spent reading the creation rules. Making the bio and description would take a bit longer though.

The system's a bit easier than one like jumpers to build a character in.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Alright then, that's just about all of the character creation stuff.

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

I'll throw my interest hat into the ring :).

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

How much gear are people allowed to start with?

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

A realistic amount. Armor, a couple of weapons with ammo if necessary. And 50 denarii, the local currency.