What's new

Dark Secrets (ranger) GMed by Ubberific

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Dark Secrets (ranger) GMed by Ubberific

Jenny always did like a good story so sitting for a spell didn't bother her one bit. "Sure Ezalor I have some time to spare what can you tell me about King's Coast?"

OP
Ubberific

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The man got himself comfortable and cleared his throat before proceeding "You may not feel it Jenny. But Kings Reach is build upon on of the most magic intense spots in the surrounding area, such an unique aura quickly caught notice of mages from around where they would make pilgrimages up here just to restore or reinforce their innate magical skills... however Kings Coast truly took root, after one of such mages, by the name of Azrael, accidentally stumpled onto a vein of rich iron nearby. Soon Azrael would build a mine there and a small city nearby to house the workers. As time went on the mine proved to be a exceptionally profitable making the town florish and grow in name and power in the region. This continued for some years, but the man who single handily built the down brick by brick would soon vanish along with most of the mage pilgrims.

Now this did not mean the mine would close down, but after a certain race of power it was quickly up and running once. With the promise of a prosperous, but rather empty city in the moutains quite a number of people moved in. It would be their families and loved one that form the Kings Coast you see right now...
" the man leaned back into his chair as if to straight himself a lil bit "That's as much as I know..."

Last edited:

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Jenny felt a little cheated but soon her mind was working up a question. "Ezalor what did you mean by learn of the white manor before I study the black manor?"

OP
Ubberific

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ezalor smiled to himself "Excuse me if I was a little vague... the Black Manor has earned it's name rather recently, before that it was known as the White Manor of Kings Reach... It is... a horrible topic and one of Kings Reachs darkest moments I'd rather not speak of it much more" The old man slowly got up "Now I must return to my studies, Jenny. We each have some research to do, my dear. Unless there's something else, I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors." Ezalor smiled at Jenny and awaited her response.

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Actually Ezalor you've got my curiosity a buzzing dose the library have any information on the White Manor? If so where would I find it? Jenny hopped the oldman had such info but if not then she would call it a night and head back to the bar to pay for her room. She had alot to do in the morning including a visit to the Town hall.

OP
Ubberific

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ezalor sighed at Jenny, was the girl listening to him at all? "Must I repeat myself dear. There are no books in my library about a manor in Kings Reach. I do not keep track or records of the towns resident, nor ongoings..." he looked at the thinking about something "Though I do recall... a small paper writing about it. A new paper, is what it's called I think. Some visitors from long past accidentally left it here." Ezalor slowly nodded to himself "Though 'tis such a dreadful read, barely anything of value. However it does detail events in the city... perhaps such literature has it's own keeper?"

With that the man bid the girl farewell, stating it's far too late for someone of his age to be up and about. Jenny had once more free reign of whatever she chose to do.

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Goodnight Mr. Ezalor" Jenny watched the old man go before leaving herself. Maybe she would call on her new friend in the morning but for now she should head to sleep herself. Leaving the library Jenny headed to the bar maybe one of the girls would take her payment for a room as well as her past payment. With that in mind she walked into the bar to get it done after all she didn't want the reputation of paying with her body.

OP
Ubberific

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The bar was as active as ever. The sounds of mugs clashing and spontanious laughter erupting filled the air. Unfortunately seemed Nico was still missing with Rosa taking up the barmaids duties.

Jenny slowly made her way through the crowds catching a few looks on her way there. She was still wearing the sexy lingerie underneath... did the men somehow notice. No they couldn't have! She was in her winter clothes, surely it hid everything... right? Whatever the case may be, the brown haired girl approached the blonde at the bar and inquired about payment.

"I'm so sorry, hun. Nico isn't back yet... payment? Last night was free so~ that would be 3 denarii Or~ 15 denarii for a week" Rosa smiled warmly at Jenny "That's 7 days flat." upon paying whatever sum she chose Jenny would get offered a drink and perhaps wait for Nico. It was all up to her.

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Actually that news was a bit of a relif to Jenny she wasn't so sure spending another night with the woman was good for her she got to lost in the carnal bliss that seemed to flow from her and her mood was infectious. "Oh thats to bad give her my best wishes." Jenny handed out 15 coins for her room leaving the poor girl with only 16 denari to her name she might just have to take Nico up on her offer. "Do you have any food? I'm famished." Jenny wasn't sure if the bar served food but she might as well ask and if they did she would promptly pay for the cheapest meal she could afford and eat before heading to her room to retire.

OP
Ubberific

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

"Food? Our kitchen is already closed... maybe I could find something, but it would likely be cold" Rosa blinked a few times looking at Jenny, who actually eats at this hour? However in all her excitement Jenny did indeed forget to actually stop for a moment and maybe grab some lunch or the like. "It's okay, how much?" Rosa didn't really expect the girl to accept the offer, but still they did have some dishes in the back "Umm... 1 denarii? I think we've got some simple grilled meat, a cooked fish and maybe some gullash." Whatever the girl picked she'd receive the meal slightly heated on the fires in the back, obviously the barmaids would not just serve the girl a cold meal.

Even if it wasn't really fresh out of the cooking pot the meal did indeed taste wonderfully, though her sitting alone at the table caught more than a few eyes from potential suiters. Most of whom were polite enough to leave after the girl declined their offers, unless ofcourse she didn't.

If Jenny did not partake in the offered festivities nor accept the offers for drinks, she'd make her way back to her room. Eyeing Linas room sadly, what had befallen her sister... and all of this sudden information about ghosts, mages, academies... what has Lina gotten herself into. Nevertheless Jennys trip to her room would be quiet and uneventful, thankfully she'd have another good night of rest.

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Jenny selected the Gulash and ate quietly politely decline any offers made her way before heading out and up to her room. Once in the safty of her room she quickly stripped out of the underwear she had been given. Sure it was sexy but damn was it uncomfortable. Wrapping her blankets tight Jenny slipped off to sleep her dreams slightly erotic but not scary or outlandish strangely all of them had Nico and her sister in them.

Jenny woke slightly before the dawn having gotten use to rising early from days on the farm quickly getting dressed She proceeded back to the bar to get a warm meal and hopefully something hot to drink before heading to visit Mistey.

OP
Ubberific

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Unfortunately for Jenny, the town did not live on the hours her farm did. The bar had been locked for the night and would only likely open in a few hours. On the brightside she did get to enjoy the brisk early mountain air and gentle breeze that ran down the nigh-empty streets. Some fishermen passing her by and politely greeting the girl.

Her visit to Misty however could potentially be more fruitful. Jenny approached the store, it still had the closed sign on, but judging by the keys in the lock and that the door was open, Mistey had already arrived.

Peeking inside, the elven girl was nowhere to be seen. Jenny could enter or just wait outside for any signs.

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Jenny didn't want to find out what type of anti theft devices the alchemist had so she settled for knocking on the door. "Hello? Misty its me Jenny I came to visit." Jenny would wait for the elven girl to make her appearance after all their was nothing else she could really do right now anyway.

OP
Ubberific

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

A loud racket could be heard from deep within the shop, before a brief moment of silence set in. Jenny just stood around waiting patiently near the door, hopefully it was indeed the alchemist that she heard. While waiting Jenny notice quite a few odd charms hanged near the shops windows and door. They seemed to be constructed out of silver... odd.

Moments later Mistey finally came running into the shop from the back, one sleeve of her overall still off. Likely the girl wasn't quite in uniform when Jenny made her appearance. "Oh~ Hey it's you!" the girl breathed heavily, she was either stressed or just running, who knew which one was it "W-what's up, Jenny." she smiled uneasily trying to catch her breath.

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Oh not much I was waiting for the bar to open but it seems Im a bit early. So I decided to pay you a visit while I wait after all your door is open. Maybe I can give you a hand with stuff for a bit?" Jenny waited for Mistys answer and if the elf accepted would head on in to help her out.

OP
Ubberific

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

"M?" the elven girls eyes slightly widened "That's so nice of you! Sure-- but I've got "compan--" and with those words her company appeared. The Sheriff slowly walked out from the room Mistey just rushed out, still busy buckling his shirt "Oh, it's Benny..." all of Jennys corrections on her name just fel on deaf ears, thought the peasant girl did catch a glimpse at the mans body. Numerous scars were streched across his ripped body, was the town such a rowdy place?

"Rei~! I told you to stay put, what if it was one of the townsfolk!" the man smiled warmly at Mistey and approached her for a passionate kiss "You worry too much, Misty." the two looked at each for longingly briefly "Anyway I've got to hit my early patrol routes, stay out of trouble you two." and with that the man made his exit, giving Mistey another quick kiss and nodding at Jenny "Bye~ Rei. See you tonight." Misty waved the man good bye brightly smiling at him and turned back to Jenny, if she didn't run off that is.

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Jenny resisted the urge for girl gossip and simply smiled at Mistey. "Well if you have cleaning up to do I can go for a walk or something. I don't want to be a bother." Jenny smiled and waited Mistey's answer.

OP
Ubberific

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

"Bother? No~ no~ ofcourse you can stay" Mistey smiled warmly at Jenny "I can always use some help around here. Could you help me see which potions are low on stock AND make sure those labels face the customers~ People may find something to buy that they didn't know existed" the elven girl snickered to herself and looked to Jenny. Awaiting her answer.

If Jenny did indeed stay, she could take a good look at all the potions on display. Taking note the low amount of healing potions... and morning after.

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Jenny rolled up her sleeves and followed Mistey in. "Where do I start?" Following Mistey's directions Jenny was soon sorting and facing the shelves of potions. Noticing the relative few morning after potions Jenny figured Nico might be Mistey's biggest consumer. "Not alot of healing potions is their a big demand for them?' Jenny waited for her answer before moving onto her next question. "So I heard their was a newspaper in town do you know anything about that?" Jenny again awaited her answer before telling Mistey about which potions needed restocking.

OP
Ubberific

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

"Yeah healing potions are in very high demand. It's mostly what we alchemists make a living off. Illness, poison, even cuts and bruises all can be treated with a simple drink" Mistey looked over to Jenny with a huge smile "Alchemy is such a wonderous school." the two girls continued to sort through the potions Mistey writing down whatever she found.

"The newspaper? Ofcourse! I used to be a editor there... until the church took control of it." the last part rang out incredibly sadly "But yeah it's been going for about 25 years now. It's how our little town advertises or informs the townsfolk of everything that goes on."