What's new

RPG DB – Sun Quest

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: DB – Sun Quest

Anybody know what the 2nd/3rd set images in the CG thing is for? I'm almost done filling up the first list.

P.S: Man I hate the confusion enemies...You just get to sit and watch you kill yourself. I've never survived it once it's on me.

Last edited:

Moonchaos

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Most likly CG from your girls after you get them enough presents?
I think so at least...confusion is hard you can just hope that 1 charakter is not confused and heal or revive you.

I like the princess charakter she got a nice damage skill, healing and sp/mp support but 1 question is still there.
How can i change her combatskills? She is still using the low supply skill.
But already has 2 more advanced ones.

Shitsurei

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Most likly CG from your girls after you get them enough presents?
I think so at least...confusion is hard you can just hope that 1 charakter is not confused and heal or revive you.

I like the princess charakter she got a nice damage skill, healing and sp/mp support but 1 question is still there.
How can i change her combatskills? She is still using the low supply skill.
But already has 2 more advanced ones.
You can't alter the combat skills of the companions normally. You can use the more advanced skills out of combat whenever you want, but the only way to use them in combat is to equip them with the corresponding accessories that the old man sells.

Confusion is definitely a pain, and the largest cause of my deaths outside of red chests. There's a confusion blocking accessory you can get from the red chests, but you'll need to be pretty lucky. I farmed them for some time and still didn't get it.

Also, after experimenting with the presents, I found that the girls started hating me even if they gave positive reactions. I did some research on the circle's site, and apparently there's a huge bug, where they put in a = instead of a += in the code, so if a present is supposed to raise their affection by 3 it will instead set it to 3... We've been playing version 1.0, but there are updates up to 1.05 by now that include fixing that bug, adding more items in the town store such as one that increases special encounters, making confusion less deadly, adding the second brothel, etc. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a download link for the update on the circle's site, so you probably have to get it from dlsite. Until then, you'll have to make do with the default 5-15% odds of getting an ending (or 1-3% if you've given them any gifts) :p

Ranai

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Oh boy. That explains the 1%.
Well, I think there must be a way to raise affection without gifts, either just by walking around with a certain companion or by fighting along with her, I'm not sure. I had the valkyrie companion at 99% without ever giving her a gift.

Cappy

Reputation score

Second brothel? More content? Do want.

Moonchaos

Reputation score

I think were is a special present for each Girl to get it to the scene but dunno.
I maybe have that ring, cause i got a ring from the red chest but dunno what it does xD Mhhh need to trade that ring from slave 1 to my princess ^^

Ahh and one more to the Girls
They got 999999 Exp needed if they are support chars, but dont worry their lvl ups are inside this exp.

Like if you reach 2000 / 999999 she gets on lvl 2
And i also think this determine a lot of affection.

daik1

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I have a similar problem that Nightera, i have locations set to japan language pack etc., can write in japanesse.
There is no problem in any other game excpet this one, it is kinda hard to play withought knowing your level or amount of money

Thanks for any help

Kelkora

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

ive been looking for other places to get this because filesonic really disagrees with my pc, constantly tells me ive already downloaded my limit when ive not used it, any chance some one could re upload on another site? thanks in advance to any who do

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

This game has so many spells...Would you like me to continue updating my post with them or not? It's getting kinda big...

New annoying enemy. It's a recolor of the crystal in hair enemy at like 17/18. She can freeze both your characters in place (Like sleep but no healing.) and reset all of Krillins moves to nothing so he can't do anything but wait. It's pretty wicked annoying and makes for a lonnnng drawn out death.

Roshi from random encounters sells panties and bras for your partners, and he also sells you book skills to place in their inventories that give them new skills. I've bought one that was an extra magic attack before and I just bought one for 25000 that made my partner have sex with Krillin at the cost of 100 of their mana, it restored Krillins mana fully and made him glow yellow and invincible for about 5 turns (Worked into other battles too. Will make sure to always keep this on for boss battles.) I never have enough money to buy all the books to test them... (Right after I posted this, he showed up again. Posting results in my first post.)

Anybody know what the purple and light blue percents are in the stats window? I have a ring that raises purple to 999% but I have absolutely no idea what it's for.

Last edited:

Shitsurei

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Anybody know what the purple and light blue percents are in the stats window? I have a ring that raises purple to 999% but I have absolutely no idea what it's for.
The purple percent is your accuracy, and the blue percent is your dodge rate. There's also a critical rate which you can't see in the stats window. You can see it when buying equipment or in the storage window by pressing c to see the item's stats, though. It's the white value at the far bottom, below the accuracy and dodge modifiers. Crit rate is a really good effect, because the extra damage doesn't seem to be effected by enemy defense, leading to a massive bonus. There are rings that boost crit by 30% that enemies can randomly drop (会心の腕輪), and the strongest knuckles I've seen drop from red chests boost it by 50% (アラレナックル).

eccentric2

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I thought I had posted a save trick a few days back, but I forgot to. ^^; Anyways, you all probably all have noticed that the third option on a tile is the quick-save. It will allow you to restore your game from that point, but doesn't work after that. But did you know that exploiting file-manipulation, you can have it so it works effectively as a permanent save? It's a bit cumbersome, but it's certainly better than starting all over.

Anyways, the method is to locate the save folder "Save" and copy the SaveData0x.sav, where 0x is the game save number you want to save and resume from. Be sure that you used a quicksave on that file! Paste the file somewhere, preferably in the .exe folder, or even in the same folder if you'd like (make sure it has a different name, by default it does). Continue to play, repeat when you want to quit or do something risky, such as a boss or red chest. If you die or didn't get what you want form a red chest, merely copy and paste the copied save file into the save folder. It'll ask you to either overwrite the file, which you should do, or create a duplicate. If it creates a duplicate, rename it as Savedata0x. Using this method, you'll never have to worry about starting at lvl 1 again. Just remember to quicksave often. ;)

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

That save trick doesn't work for me. In my save folder, I've only ever had Savedata01. I made sure to quick save there, and in all the files. (They write down the time I saved, so I think it's saving :p) all the time. I tried moving that file away with a good save, then I did some stuff, including auto saving in game (I died too.) and tried to replace it with that save that I took out but it still loaded up the died save.

Oh, here's how it works: Regardless of what you do, if you save in the forest, you'll come back to a load with all your items gone and in town though you keep your level. If you want to save everything, you have to make sure you save in town.

The purple percent is your accuracy, and the blue percent is your dodge rate. There's also a critical rate which you can't see in the stats window. You can see it when buying equipment or in the storage window by pressing c to see the item's stats, though. It's the white value at the far bottom, below the accuracy and dodge modifiers. Crit rate is a really good effect, because the extra damage doesn't seem to be effected by enemy defense, leading to a massive bonus. There are rings that boost crit by 30% that enemies can randomly drop (会心の腕輪), and the strongest knuckles I've seen drop from red chests boost it by 50% (アラレナックル).
Thanks, I didn't know about checking an items stats before you buy it, I usually just went with the highest priced ones. I knew about crit but not how to acquire it...Nice. I haven't farmed red chests too much to get all the fun items, I usually end up dying right away :p

Oh, anybody find a way to raise mp higher than normal? 100 max makes most the attacks pointless. I still haven't figured out all the special beans either...I just feed all the non basic ones or healing ones to my partner and she usually gains a level or some max hp. What about bullets?

Just got all the girls in the list...Unless I'm mistaken, if you want a GOOD combat partner, you have pretty few options... I tested them all now. Combats up to 20 and all the ones I didn't have listed (Were non combat)

Last edited:

Trigon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

This game is surprisingly addictive. It's pretty easy to play even if you don't understand Japanese all that well.

The posts in this thread really help though.

I'll add some comments on FruitSmoothie's helpful post that might help people who are familiar with the DBZ show.

Kamaha...no idea how to spell it, cost 35, Base special damage.
Kamehameha (かめはめ波). It helps if you say it all dramatic and slow. :p

Disc Aoe cost 20 and has a really low chance of hitting but does pretty good damage.
This is a decent attack in the show, but it never hits in the game. Well, it never seems to hit for me anyway. If you can somehow boost your accuracy it might be decent, though.

Rage...Thing: 50 mp, No idea exactly what it does. Krillin had some angry fit and turned red, I didn't notice an attack boost but I assumed that's what it was suppose to be...
I don't have this attack yet, but by the description it sounds like Kaioken (界王拳). If its anything like DBZ it should multiply your attack power for a while.

The Flash AOE attack is Tien's Solar Flare. It blinds enemies and reduces their accuracy. Decent skill early on but quickly eclipsed by other abilities.

Namik guy?: I honestly have no idea what he does... I always pay him anyways :p
This is Namek's Grand Elder. I have not confirmed this but I'm guessing he increases Krillin's stats somehow. (In DBZ he could unlock a character's hidden potential)

Dr looking guy with girl?: Again, no idea what he does. There are three options when you meet him and the top one pays him. Sometimes the cutscene just ends if you've paid him recently, other times he gives you an item (I got a sword.)
I think these are Bulma's parents. (I forgot their names.) I found out the hard way that one of the options rapes the woman, which causes the cops to come after you.

Begger: Asks for money, if you refuse but have enough money that you could have paid him, he'll steal your items.
I got a present from him one time after paying him. Usually he just leaves though.

Creepy hair guy and big muscley creepy guy: Different people but they have the same function of selling you gifts for your partners...I never buy them.
I'm not sure who these guys are. I think the first one is Yajirobe.

Tentacle Head Blue guy: Gives you random prices for a new skill, seems random to me but who knows. There are TONS of skills so it's difficult to find the one you want.
The blue guy is King Kai.

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Updated my list some more with my own stuff and the names of things you just recommended (So people know what the hell I'm talking about), I farmed some beans and tested them. No wonder my Valk girl is so much stronger than everybody else, they really add up stats.

Shitsurei

Demon Girl
Reputation score

This is Namek's Grand Elder. I have not confirmed this but I'm guessing he increases Krillin's stats somehow. (In DBZ he could unlock a character's hidden potential)
If you pay the elder, he increases Krillin's max level, which starts out pretty low compared to the girls (around 30 or so, whereas I've taken girls up to 40ish). I think it increases by 1 each time, but I haven't tested. Also, it might not work right if you're already at the max level, so it's best to give the elder money early and often if you want to reach a high level. That said, if you get good equipment, there's really no need to be over level 20 or so. :p

ChosenOne

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Hello I just recorded ragas in this wonderful forum.
inancing all, I apologize for my bad English.
I downloaded this game but I have a problem I can see the scriptures:

despite having put in the windows japponese.
I have to go guys help me please.
thanks in advance!
PS: it works even with AppLocale

Shitsurei

Demon Girl
Reputation score

question again.
Guys in this game i dont have any text at all.Just an empty space.Anyone knows how to solve this?
I have a similar problem that Nightera, i have locations set to japan language pack etc., can write in japanesse.
There is no problem in any other game excpet this one, it is kinda hard to play withought knowing your level or amount of money

Thanks for any help
Hello I just recorded ragas in this wonderful forum.
inancing all, I apologize for my bad English.
I downloaded this game but I have a problem I can see the scriptures:

despite having put in the windows japponese.
I have to go guys help me please.
thanks in advance!
PS: it works even with AppLocale
Hm.. a lot of people seem to be having this problem. I can't reproduce it, but I suspect that the problem might be that the download link in this thread packed the game in a non-Japanese environment, because I'm seeing garbage characters for some of the folders/file names like ‚¨“d‚ĚƒIƒ}ƒ“ƒR or ŹĐ‰î‰ć‘ś. I'll go ahead and upload my copy of the game, with the correct Japanese file names. I can't promise anything since I don't run into the problem even with the garbage file names, but it might be worth a shot to download and see if it fixes anything?

Here's the link:

daik1

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Nope, the new upload doesn't help. I have even tried mixing files between version but it doesn't change anything. Which is wierd, i can see the program name, if it would be flash it could be a udpate problem but it's not.

Moonchaos

Reputation score

Another try whould be just rename the mainfolder, sometimes it helps.
At leat for the last game it worked like that.

Shitsurei

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Dang.. I've seen the no-text problem before, but that was when I didn't have Japanese language settings installed. If you already have them installed, and it isn't a problem with how the game was packed, then I'm not sure what could be causing it. :(