What's new

RPG [でぼの巣製作所] 神楽花莚譚 追加シナリオパック 初回版 / Kagura Kaentan

scottdemon94

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Surprised no1 has brought up this game yet on the forums unless someone is using it under a different name.

The game has a combination of visual novel and RPG elements, fully voiced including with the CG upon defeat scenes. I can't post the link but copy and paste this to get to the link on Getchu.
神楽花莚譚 追加シナリオパック 初回版

Gameplay: Kagura Kaentan is a rogue-like RPG. Players can control either a sword-wielding Miko or her partner wielding a spear who has longer reach but weaker attacks. The aim of each chapter is to reach the end of the dungeon to fight the boss at the very end. Players start off at level one each time they enter the dungeon and may level-up by killing monsters; however any experience gained is lost if players exit the dungeon, are defeated or successfully eliminate the chapter boss at the end. The only way to increase statistics is to find and equip better gear the deeper and further players venture onwards. Disposable items such as medicine (regain HP) and spears (disposable projectiles) can also be picked up to better aid the player's chances of survival. Food is a resource which must be carefully managed; if heroines are starving (Hunger metre at 0%) they will progressively lose HP each time they move through the dungeon until food is consumed.

If players lose to a monster, there will be a rape scene featuring the victorious monster and the heroine who was controlled by the player at the time. There are two variations and players will need to obtain "treatment" for the raped heroine or else she will either give birth to a monster (game over) or be turned into a monster herself (also game over). Too much "treatment" for raped heroines results in the target heroine becoming addicted to sex (which also results in a game over).

There is no demo on it tho, you have to go on the official site to get the demo.

The demo has 2 enemies and 1 boss. The boss doesn't have any CG upon defeat in the trial, but the enemies do, since you have 2 heroines that means you have 4 scenes in total you can get upon defeat.

There is also already a gallery on E-hentai galleries under the name of Kagura Kaentan Limited Edition Scenario Pack.

Apologies if there is already a forum section for this.

Last edited by a moderator:

guyver

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: 神楽花莚譚 (Kagura Kaentan)

you cannot post a link, but you can post most of it. :D

ShinVeritas

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I assume this is the game you are talking about?

Minuit

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

It's up on Nyaa btw. :p

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I assume this is the game you are talking about?
Those are the extra scenarios which went on sale last month. The base game came out last year (which is the one that Nyaa has seeds for).

Like the older Kagura games before it (not Kurenai Kagura which was a tactical SLG) this is a rogue-like game with the Miko girls taking on monsters in randomly generated dungeons. Losing to monsters and to bosses leads to a monster rape scene which must be treated with the affected miko having sex with humans (or in Kaentan's case the god who tags along with the girls) or risk giving birth to monsters or becoming Youkai themselves.

Galoga

Demon Girl
Reputation score

it is indeed on nyaa(Base Game).

Last edited:

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

it is indeed on nyaa.
As I said earlier, that's the base game.

The OP has quoted the name for the bonus scenarios which have their own retail page on Getchu.

Galoga

Demon Girl
Reputation score

As I said earlier, that's the base game.

The OP has quoted the name for the bonus scenarios which have their own retail page on Getchu.
I see, gonna edit my post.
A rouge-like game, interesting, reminded me a lot of Recettear.

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score

Oh this circle again? I had all their game as soon as they were released, but I got bored from them and trashed them all..
It's always the same system all the time... *ugh*

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

For starters, Debonosu are a professional company so it's wrong to compare them with the hundreds of doujin games which this forum concentrates on.

The other thing is they have the same game engine for their games, but the systems aren't exactly the same every year. Ayakashi Sange was a tactical SLG, Gigai no Alruna was a side view RPG and Senjou no Folklore was a war-themed SLG.

The above of course won't matter to anyone who can't read Japanese and relies on machine tools to get by with doujin games.

Mephisto

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

debonosu typically has some pretty decent grasp of game mechanics, but their script writers are so bad(there are doujin writers that are better). they recently released a game featuring writers from Light, which theoretically should actually be pretty good. Not sure though, haven't tried it.

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

debonosu typically has some pretty decent grasp of game mechanics, but their script writers are so bad(there are doujin writers that are better). they recently released a game featuring writers from Light, which theoretically should actually be pretty good. Not sure though, haven't tried it.
Izumo 4 is the anniversary product collaboration for Light and Debonosu and was released under the Studio E.go name which the Debonosu people managed to buy back the rights to. Not sure what you're basing the script writing standard on since I've read much, much worse and the games themselves don't play too badly.

OP
S

scottdemon94

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Those are the extra scenarios which went on sale last month. The base game came out last year (which is the one that Nyaa has seeds for).

Like the older Kagura games before it (not Kurenai Kagura which was a tactical SLG) this is a rogue-like game with the Miko girls taking on monsters in randomly generated dungeons. Losing to monsters and to bosses leads to a monster rape scene which must be treated with the affected miko having sex with humans (or in Kaentan's case the god who tags along with the girls) or risk giving birth to monsters or becoming Youkai themselves.
Ahh my apologies, I had no idea that this is rather an expac with additional scenes for the base game.

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The torrent for the extra scenarios is now up.

redx

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

How hard would playing this in full JP be?

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

How hard would playing this in full JP be?
Depends on your language level. It's a rogue-like RPG with the goal of defeating the boss right at the end of the dungeon. If you can't read, the only thing which might give trouble is figuring out the functions of the equipment and items.

Since you're asking the question, you won't care either way about the story or scenes so that's 90-95% of the text which you don't need to worry about.

Welkin

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

How should I install this so the Japanese text would show up.

Windows Display Language is English, while Japanese Locale is set to Japanese. And I run the other JP game just fine. I try running the setup with App Local, no dice either...

Thanks

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

How should I install this so the Japanese text would show up.

Windows Display Language is English, while Japanese Locale is set to Japanese. And I run the other JP game just fine. I try running the setup with App Local, no dice either...

Thanks
No problems here. Unicode set to Japanese, region set to Japan.

Welkin

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

No problems here. Unicode set to Japanese, region set to Japan.
Hmm, I have non-unicode set to Japanese...
Do they use a different/special fonts?

Thanks

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Hmm, I have non-unicode set to Japanese...
Do they use a different/special fonts?

Thanks
Windows 7 or 10?

I'm on the former and this game is no different from the hundreds of other Japanese games on my system.

Non-unicode programs set to Japanese, region set to Japan (date and time will be in Japanese format on the taskbar).

If you're one of those who finds it too inconvenient to restart the PC each time you're playing a Western game, use Locale Emulator since that appears to be the solution everyone else is touting.