What's new

RPG [Ahriman] 風紀剣士アサギ/ Defender of Public Morals: Swordswoman Asagi (RJ149951)

Hallerai

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Re: Defender of Public Morals: Swordswoman Asagi (Ahriman) 風紀剣士アサギ

Okay, this used to run for me, but when I got back to run it, the game boots up for a sec before shutting down right away. I get no messages or anything, the game just shuts down. Anyone know the fix?

Maryel

Lurker
Reputation score

me too just noticed it happens to me too now o_O

Reputation score

I was about to post about needing more information to diagnose, but I'm getting the same problem. I haven't touched the files in months, haven't even opened the game during that time.

What a strange happening.

EDIT: Extracted the raw files from the original zip and still getting the instant close. Tested with date and time setting turned back one year, still won't open.

Last edited:

Darkarhon

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Check your anti-virus guys.

Going by the translation thread it seems some RPG Maker VX Ace games have problems with anti-virus.

Game works fine by me after disabling my anti-virus or excluding it from Anti-Virus.

Hallerai

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Check your anti-virus guys.

Going by the translation thread it seems some RPG Maker VX Ace games have problems with anti-virus.

Game works fine by me after disabling my anti-virus or excluding it from Anti-Virus.
Yeah I added the entire folder to my whitelist and it started working again. Which was odd because my anti-virus would tell me when it shuts down a program.

Cassy

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I got the same problem with another game - try uninstalling plays.tv, that helped me at last... I cant test it on asagi, I lost my collection months ago :(

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

I've had a friend having that issue as well, he has Avast and still can't seem to get the newest version of Asagi to work. Really weird.

Reputation score

I can confirm that it was Avast blocking the game. Must have been a recent update to Avast, as it was still working in January at least.

Mr.Pervy

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

ehhhhh sorry to bump this. but anyomne figured out whats behind that jammed door?

any way to get through it?

mark21800

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

ehhhhh sorry to bump this. but anyomne figured out whats behind that jammed door?

any way to get through it?
The one in the ruins with the orcs? I believe that's a filming studio used when one of your party gets captured.

Mr.Pervy

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

really? huh.....never actually been able to get in there.....ill give it a shot.

Frostlax

H Programmer
Reputation score

There is one type of restraint when you use the submission cufs(or bind slave) for each character but..
Does anyone know how to get the alternative restraint when in a fight? I cant find it anywhere other that the gallery

killzone184

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

any links by chance?

deekaycy

Reputation score

Hello everyone. For some reason i can't run the game. I have my locale set to Japanese but i keep getting this error message as i show in the attachment. I downloaded the game form the English DLsite. Do i need to turn the locale to english or something?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

EDIT.1: Still not fixed . I tried the anti-virus thing. Added game folder into my anti-virus excluding folder. Also tried keeping the file location short. C/ users/blabla/desktop... basically i have it on my desktop

EDIT.2:
Originally Posted by zipetya View Post
Downloaded this just to see what the fuss was all about.

Even though @vira tends to see false positives even more commonly than the others, it didn't get excited over any of the game files...

Your antivirus software may already have deleted / quarantined the .dll file. You guys even have it in the game's system folder?
Anyways, try this: disable your AV for the time the game downloads (don't do anything in the meantime; just to be safe) - heck, the file may get detected as it downloads already... Put the game where you want it, and add THAT folder to the AV exception list, and then turn the antivirus software back on. Should work.

If it's not that, then it has nothing to do with your exceptions. Which might be the case, since when I rename/delete that .dll file, the game window doesn't automatically close for me, but gives me an error window that the file is missing...

Apart from that. If you haven't already, try running it in Japanese locale... (I mean, you need to, actually.)

THAT WORKED. PROBLEM SOLVED

Attachments

Last edited:

lekori

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

THAT WORKED. PROBLEM SOLVED
Playing in Japanese locale or the turn AV off and download part?

The game still won't start for me. Still closes as soon as the box appear.

plmnko

Tentacle Smut Lord
Reputation score

Playing in Japanese locale or the turn AV off and download part?

The game still won't start for me. Still closes as soon as the box appear.
Is fault of your antivirus, place the carpet in the whitelist. (is in options, dunno which antivirus do you use)

lekori

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Is fault of your antivirus, place the carpet in the whitelist. (is in options, dunno which antivirus do you use)
AVG. When I choose the Exception setting, I can't find any exe in the folder.

Attachments

plmnko

Tentacle Smut Lord
Reputation score

you must choice the whole carpet, that empty square at the side of the carpet, then press accept

lekori

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

you must choice the whole carpet, that empty square at the side of the carpet, then press accept
Ah, I thought I was suppose to look for the game exe. Thanks