What's new

Desperate Gods (And Online Board Games)

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score
First off, Austnailo and I are looking for people to play with us in this somewhat new online board game, and I personally felt that it would go largely ignored by potential friends looking to play with us if it were in a thread like, say, the games discussion thread, since I largely ignore threads that update way too fast for me to keep up with without spending a good deal of time doing something I'd rather spend doing something else.

The game itself is called Desperate Gods, it's an online interactive board game, and what that means is that there's no hand holding in the game. It's a virtual tabletop where every object on the 'table' is 3D and you can manipulate it however you wish, even play with it or spin cards around. It's a concept for playing board games that I personally have never seen before, and find interesting.

Too Long, Didn't Read: It's a fun board game where you can throw the pieces around if you want, and Austnailo and I are looking for friends who will play with us.

Here is the main site where you can download it, and watch a video made by the developers for the game itself:

And here is a very clear list of rules (the read-me that comes with the game leaves a lot of questions unanswered.):

As a final note, Aust and I played over voice chat, and I think that all board games should be played with people able to hear each other. On that note, I would like for anyone that plays with us to join us over a voice chat service like skype, unless you can't or are too shy. I honestly think that talking directly with one another makes it infinitely more fun.

Hope to play with you guys.

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score
Re: Desperate Gods (And Online Board Games)

Can't sleep, bored, depressed, need something to do

ARE YOU PLAYING RIGHT NOW?

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Aust and I just finished up with our game. Maybe if there's actually interest, then we can play.

Smokefish

Needs to go commit sudoku
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I will play with you derps at some point, because why not!

And I'm positive you will attract derps to your stream when they know my GLORIOUS VIKING VOICE will be joining you. Or something. I don't even know what the deal is about my voice.

Cappy

Reputation score

I'd probably be up for some fun myself, if I'm available at the time of play.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I want to play some Desperate gods again before I do posts and flop into bed.

There must be someone... Somewhere... Who will play this hated game with me...

Cappy

Reputation score

I'm up for it, but I have little to no idea how to play. I'll be on Skype if you want me to join in.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Huh. I'll play this as well through I believe I am too late as they say to the party.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

real time?

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

I'll be up for joining in at some point.