What's new

[Complete - Partial] Devil Sword Luchifried - Partial

aelie

Lurker
Reputation score
Hi, this is for Devil Sword Luchifried 1.01, found here: https://ulmf.org/threads/noircastle-rushefuriido-devil-sword-luchefried-rj256313.13043

This is a partial translation i did to make the game more playable.

What I translated:
Item Names
Skill Names
Enemy Names
Enemy Logbook entries
Menus
Bounty posters in the inn
Card creation event text

What i didnt translate:
Dialog
Story scenes
H-scenes
State text (ex. You got poisoned!)

I consider this complete as in i'm not planning to put more work into it. I played through the entire game with it and had no problem playing it. i used textractor to hook the story and h-scene text and also had no problem understanding what was going on. I hope you guys can also enjoy what i consider to be one of the best battle systems in any h game.

Tyrrandae

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I appreciate the effort into translating this partially, but I am afraid I received an error after applying your patch
if I add in a blank file with that name it progesses to balloon.png. these file are present in my folder by they are rpgmvp.
So not sure if you decompilied them or something but it doesn't work just replacing the files in the data directory for me.

My game runs fine without the patch though.

Attachments

zipetya

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
I appreciate the effort into translating this partially, but I am afraid I received an error after applying your patch
if I add in a blank file with that name it progesses to balloon.png. these file are present in my folder by they are rpgmvp.
So not sure if you decompilied them or something but it doesn't work just replacing the files in the data directory for me.

My game runs fine without the patch though.
Well, until the author comes up with a fix -or maybe this will be the fix-, you can just edit System.json (the new one, from the patch), and change "hasEncryptedImages":false, "hasEncryptedAudio":false both to true, near the end of that file. Should get it to work, then.
---------
EDIT: (after checking the torrent version flowing around) seems that the audio was not encrypted; so got that part out.

Last edited:

szarala

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Well, until the author comes up with a fix -or maybe this will be the fix-, you can just edit System.json (the new one, from the patch), and change "hasEncryptedImages":false,"hasEncryptedAudio":false both to true, near the end of that file. Should get it to work, then.
still causes audio errors (no audio and a popup at every event), but the game does launch

zipetya

Reputation score
Well, checked it since then. The torrentable version has encrypted images (.rpgmvp files), but non-encrypted audio, so...
Yeah. Only change "hasEncryptedImages" to 'true', leave the audio on (or rather, change it back to) 'false'.
And that's it.

OP
A

aelie

Lurker
Reputation score
oh, i am sorry. i have decrypted the images on mine for easier use. yes, you should change hasEncryptedImages to true, but leave audio as false.

Konb

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
the changing encypted files to true help me to the title screen, but when i press start i get hit with this, i seem to have bought the game too, so not sure if that's different from the torretnt flaoting around, other wise could ya link the tools to decrpyt the images?

Attachments

Last edited:

zipetya

Reputation score
the changing encypted files to true help me to the title screen, but when i press start i get hit with this, i seem to have bought the game too, so not sure if that's different from the torretnt flaoting around, other wise could ya link the tools to decrpyt the images?
So, you're saying without setting to 'true' it wouldn't even make it to the title menu (like getting the error the person in post #2 got)?

...I wonder, could it be simply the problem of not correctly extracting the game's .zip file you got from DLsite? Remember, you have to extract it in Jap locale, otherwise have to be using WinRAR with name encoding set to SJIS (932)/using sjisunzip/starting your preferred extractor with Japanese locale emulation or some such workaround.

Or else the files with Japanese characters in their names (like the one in your error screen) get effed up during extraction - and get scrambled characters in there, so the game won't be able to find them when looking. I think that's the most likely cause.

Konb

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
runs fine without the patch though, so i'm confused how that works everything in the tile set is in english, and it ran before the patch

Attachments

zipetya

Reputation score
Well, honestly, I dunno what's going on. I am able to reproduce your error if I don't correctly extract the .zip file. When I hit start, it loads a bit, then I get the same error:
1574507655020.png
If I extract correctly, however, I am able to commence. And these are WITHOUT patching, yet... lol

Also, 4 of your files are wrong in that folder: those 'rouya*' and 'goumon*' should be '牢獄A2', '牢獄A4' and '拷問器具セット', '拷問器具セット2' respectively. And these are why your game won't start. Though HOW your extraction process came to rename the original compressed files into those, is above me! lol

But the funny thing is, that it definitely shouldn't work unpatched, either. The game would still be looking for ''拷問器具セット.rpgmvp' and since you have it as 'goumon01.rpgmvp', it *should* error you...

Long story short, you need to extract correctly (the game you got from DLsite/torrent, in .zip). Solutions in my previous post.
OR:
rename 'goumon01.rpgmvp' to '拷問器具セット.rpgmvp', 'goumon02.rpgmvp' to '拷問器具セット2.rpgmvp';
also 'rouyaA2.rpgmvp' and 'rouyaA4.rpgmvp' to '牢獄A2.rpgmvp' and '牢獄A4.rpgmvp' respectively.
(the problem here would be is that I don't know if there are any other mistakenly named Japanese filenames (though probably not) - those still would give you an error; and I'm too lazy to check all the folders! xD)

nn222

Reputation score
Well, honestly, I dunno what's going on. I am able to reproduce your error if I don't correctly extract the .zip file. When I hit start, it loads a bit, then I get the same error:
View attachment 27426
If I extract correctly, however, I am able to commence. And these are WITHOUT patching, yet... lol

Also, 4 of your files are wrong in that folder: those 'rouya*' and 'goumon*' should be '牢獄A2', '牢獄A4' and '拷問器具セット', '拷問器具セット2' respectively. And these are why your game won't start. Though HOW your extraction process came to rename the original compressed files into those, is above me! lol

But the funny thing is, that it definitely shouldn't work unpatched, either. The game would still be looking for ''拷問器具セット.rpgmvp' and since you have it as 'goumon01.rpgmvp', it *should* error you...

Long story short, you need to extract correctly (the game you got from DLsite/torrent, in .zip). Solutions in my previous post.
OR:
rename 'goumon01.rpgmvp' to '拷問器具セット.rpgmvp', 'goumon02.rpgmvp' to '拷問器具セット2.rpgmvp';
also 'rouyaA2.rpgmvp' and 'rouyaA4.rpgmvp' to '牢獄A2.rpgmvp' and '牢獄A4.rpgmvp' respectively.
(the problem here would be is that I don't know if there are any other mistakenly named Japanese filenames (though probably not) - those still would give you an error; and I'm too lazy to check all the folders! xD)
You're running into this error because there's a copy floating around with unproperly repacked files, resulting in mojibake. I've added a zip with the fix to this, as well as a fixed translation zip for posterity.

Attachments