What's new

RPG RPG Maker [DEVIL'S OFFICE] SHRIFT (RJ209839)

2-tall

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Why everyone hate Daji so much? Her fight is as simple as everyone's. Her third form can be owned by using "Sylph Storm MAX" right before the transformation. See my video for an example.
I do not hate her as much and even gave her the engagement ring on my first play through.

Anegorami

Reputation score
becouse you are fucked if you fight her without elemental nades/magic and people get unlucky with her feral "RAWR OwO" stun.
Well, her RAWR is blocked by Sylph Storm as well, IIRC. Also, she is pre-final boss - she HAVE to be strong and force you to use everything you got, or there is no point.

also she its an asshole (?)
Can't argue with that.

I do not hate her as much and even gave her the engagement ring on my first play through.
Hmm... Maybe we should have a nice "First Waifu" pool here.
Mine is Echo.

Ginek

Reputation score
I did pick Daiji first too, but if i were to permanently choose one, i would go with Lucy probably, i really like her personality and development all around.

Madflavor

Reputation score
I'll be honest, I cheated using a save editor to get past Daiji. I love her design, I love the concept of how the boss fight works, but I also think it leans too heavily toward the difficulty side. Spending so much time fighting her, only to die on the 3rd or 4th form and having to start all over, there's only so many times I can endure that before I say fuck it. I mean normally in any game like this I would just go grind and get stronger, but even having gained as much SP as possible before the fight, it's still fucking bananas how hard that fight is.

I say this as someone who played the crap outta the Labyrinth of Chaos in Paradox Part 1, defeating the super bosses. It's just for me personally, the difficulty of Daiji crossed the line. That being said I hope Shrift 2 is still a challenging game.

ネコマタ狂アラン

Game Developer
Reputation score
In the near future, I will establish guidelines for SHRIFT's secondary creation.

For myself, I want to welcome fan mods and fan games. However, it is not fun to be altered or use images without permission, and negative comments have been made on Twitter.
As a producer, I want many players to know the secondary creation of their game. (In-game listing) However, there are some things that can not be permitted, and I would like to decide the criteria for "pretending to look" and the unacceptable prohibitions.

Anegorami

Reputation score
ネコマタ狂アラン
Well, I do understand your concern, thus I made a couple of rules that I'm following.
  • Material usage. I'm using either your assets from the base game, my own assets (like additional scripts that modify some gameplay elements or add new game mechanics, like Unity) or free assets, licensed as such. I'm also follow all the conditions, stated by "Fair Use" - my mod is non-commercial (free for everyone), do not contain any assets from the base game and cannot be played without the base game. Thus, I'm not pirating your game in any possible way. Also, every resource author is properly credited (including you, obviously).
  • Explicit definition. My work is unambiguously stated as a "mod", that is not supported by the original author (you). It is a non-canonical sidestory that will not (and shall not) be treated as continuation of the game.
  • Gameplay changes. My mod is only changes parts of the game that is directly affected by it (new maps). The only original map I changed was the "Book Room". Everything else is left as-is without any modification - the whole base game is completely playable from start to finish by your design.
Still, if you found yourself somehow unsatisfied with my work just leave a message and I will cease the development immediately.

Last edited:

ネコマタ狂アラン

Game Developer
Reputation score
I agree with this mod. However, I was sad because there was a possibility that the image in the game was altered or moved freely. (For example, Liz of G root does not exist as an enemy graphic.) To avoid misunderstandings, if possible, please give me a brief report before making it (however, Twitter, blog comments, pixiv's DM, Twitter's question box may be acceptable). I also have a look at this site, but automatic translation doesn't work and I don't know how to use it.

If I knew them, I would not be surprised (in a bad way) and could explain the legitimacy to the Japanese players that found.

Last edited:

Anegorami

Reputation score
All the graphic assets are taken from the base game. Alteration were made with the sole purpose of using them for different purposes (like moving G-Liz from Pictures to Battlers in order to use her as a boss). These are requirements of RPG Maker that I cannot ignore.

ネコマタ狂アラン

Game Developer
Reputation score
All the graphic assets are taken from the base game. Alteration were made with the sole purpose of using them for different purposes (like moving G-Liz from Pictures to Battlers in order to use her as a boss). These are requirements of RPG Maker that I cannot ignore.
I know. I am regaining my normality now.

In the next update, we will post guidelines on secondary creation and mods for overseas. (Not harsh)
When creating a simple story, another massive mod, if you report it in some way, I will not have to misunderstand my sadness.

Anegorami

Reputation score
if you report it in some way, I will not have to misunderstand my sadness.
I wanted to contact you after the Chapter 1-1 release, since the Prologue is a mere proof-of-concept, it's simply too small to be considered something worth to talk about. For now I have somewhere 25% of the new chapter done, including most new mechanics, that will replace "reverse raping" in battle (since I plan to remove ero-segment from battle entirely, both because I have no skill to draw any acceptable animations and because my mod is focused around the horror part, making the ero-segment somewhat questionable).
So, after I will finish the whole chapter, I will contact you and give you a download link from which you will be able to download the installer, install the mod and play. If you deem my work worthy then I will release it to public. Also, I can send you the current progress, if you're interested.
Still, I have a long way to go, since I'm doing this in my free time, which is pretty limited, so don't expect any considerable progress any time soon.

Zavier

Reputation score
Why everyone hate Daji so much? Her fight is as simple as everyone's. Her third form can be owned by using "Sylph Storm MAX" right before the transformation. See my video for an example.
"Why are people are still complaining about a boss I had no trouble beating at all? Why is that?? If it was easy for me, it should be easy for them too!"

Just gonna put it out there, and I'm pretty sure people already know, but whoever wrote the guide to the game's "Pacifist Route", completely half assed it. It's like the only thing I use to not get lost in the game because of its almost not terrible translation. There's literally just bits and pieces actually telling you what to do. Just like when I fought Camazotz, I didn't know what to do till I figured it out. The guide just says for the chapter "beat the act, that's it". And that's just the tip for unlocking said character's room in Hell.

I also used the recommended gear/skills for Daiji too, so I didn't have MAX LEVEL ULTRA INSTINCT STORM. Funny enough though, she still missed me with just the first level of it most of the time. I was doing just fine till the last time I fought her, in which, like I said, she acted 3 fucking times. One was an attack, second was the TIME SKIP preparation, and then before my turn came up, she caught me. Death. And my lust was nowhere near high. Didn't have any status conditions or debuffs either.

Anegorami

Reputation score
"Why are people are still complaining about a boss I had no trouble beating at all? Why is that?? If it was easy for me, it should be easy for them too!"

I used the recommended gear/skills for Daiji too, so I didn't have MAX LEVEL ULTRA INSTINCT STORM. Funny enough though, she still missed me with just the first level of it most of the time. I was doing just fine till the last time I fought her, in which, like I said, she acted 3 fucking times. One was an attack, second was the TIME SKIP preparation, and then before my turn came up, she caught me. Death. And my lust was nowhere near high. Didn't have any status conditions or debuffs either.
OK, you're right, everything is relative and depends on the perspective, sorry about that.
Just felt that I'm doing something wrong when everyone around have trouble with Daji and I have none.

Just gonna put it out there, and I'm pretty sure people already know, but whoever wrote the guide to the game's "Pacifist Route", completely half assed it. It's like the only thing I use to not get lost in the game because of its almost not terrible translation. There's literally just bits and pieces actually telling you what to do. Just like when I fought Camazotz, I didn't know what to do till I figured it out. The guide just says for the chapter "beat the act, that's it". And that's just the tip for unlocking said character's room in Hell.
If you mean my notes, then, well, they are notes. They are not the full-fledged walkthrough, nor they are intended to be. They only cover a bare minimum and give you the tips.
You're free to write a walkthrough, if you want, I believe there are lots of people who will appreciate your work then.

Madflavor

Reputation score
In the near future, I will establish guidelines for SHRIFT's secondary creation.

For myself, I want to welcome fan mods and fan games. However, it is not fun to be altered or use images without permission, and negative comments have been made on Twitter.
As a producer, I want many players to know the secondary creation of their game. (In-game listing) However, there are some things that can not be permitted, and I would like to decide the criteria for "pretending to look" and the unacceptable prohibitions.
Thank you!

I loved Shrift. One of the best Monster Girl Games. I look forward to seeing where it's taken next.

Silavet

Reputation score
Has anyone had a issue with not having the correct named SE audio files? Everything I'm doing the tutorial I end up getting a error saying I'm missing a file. I do have all of them (all 92 apparently with 170 MB's taken up) along with downloading directly from the site. Is there something I'm doing wrong? (I mean obviously but I'm thinking it's something petty) SE File Error.PNG
Please help me I just want to play the game.

shadow1029

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Has anyone had a issue with not having the correct named SE audio files? Everything I'm doing the tutorial I end up getting a error saying I'm missing a file. I do have all of them (all 92 apparently with 170 MB's taken up) along with downloading directly from the site. Is there something I'm doing wrong? (I mean obviously but I'm thinking it's something petty) View attachment 21752
Please help me I just want to play the game.
To start, double check that all the files of the game are either in plain text English or Japanese characters.

If none of the files have messed up names, then download the trial and copy the Audio folder to your game directory, overwriting all files.

If even that fails, I'd recommend trying on another computer and posting the results of what happens on that one. Below are some other reasons this could happen, without even being related to the game itself.

Small and unlikely possibilities include the path length of the file is too long, the game folder may not have Read/Write permissions, your drivers are extremely outdated or not installed, Unicode settings for Japanese are not set up, or the Japanese language is not installed correctly on your computer.

Silavet

Reputation score
To start, double check that all the files of the game are either in plain text English or Japanese characters.

If none of the files have messed up names, then download the trial and copy the Audio folder to your game directory, overwriting all files.

If even that fails, I'd recommend trying on another computer and posting the results of what happens on that one. Below are some other reasons this could happen, without even being related to the game itself.

Small and unlikely possibilities include the path length of the file is too long, the game folder may not have Read/Write permissions, your drivers are extremely outdated or not installed, Unicode settings for Japanese are not set up, or the Japanese language is not installed correctly on your computer.
Thanks for your help. It was a language thing.