What's new

VN/TEXT [ Dharker Studio] Summer Fling

Nordland

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Anime Dating Sim 'Summer Fling' Launches on Nutaku

Game here:

Trailer here:

In Summer Fling, players will immerse themselves in a coming-of-age adventure that follows a trio of graduating high school students spending a final summer together before leaving for college. The dawning awareness of their own romantic desires means friendships will be tested by a rising tide of lust,jealousy, and love. With branching storylines, meaningful plot choices, and multiple endings, players may find themselves in the center of the season’s hottest romance story - or left out in the cold.

Key game features:

• Branching storyline with multiple endings

• Original music score by Sam L. Jones

• Romantic liaisons with a spicy end-of-summer climax.

• Hundreds of beautifully drawn CG scenes

• Unlockable secret storylines in secondary playthroughs.

• A slice of life, Bishouji style.

Last edited by a moderator:

Manamana

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: [VN] Summer Fling

Is it simply a dating sim or does it explore darker fetishes?

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score

@nordland

i would also like to ask if nutaku will ever pick up any VN with a darker tone? rape, NTR, cheating, incest, etc. all the VN so far are the same vanilla dating sims and it's a little stale. sakura dungeon was broke the chain a bit with it's rpg dungeon crawler element so that was cool. just the content was still the same.

Manamana

Tentacle God
Reputation score

@nordland

i would also like to ask if nutaku will ever pick up any VN with a darker tone? rape, NTR, cheating, incest, etc. all the VN so far are the same vanilla dating sims and it's a little stale. sakura dungeon was broke the chain a bit with it's rpg dungeon crawler element so that was cool. just the content was still the same.
Oh I didn't see it was done by Nutaku, I think they're specialized in dating sims?
If the characters have personality (no bland mc or heroine), then it can be fun, but otherwise it's not for me :D

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Oh I didn't see it was done by Nutaku, I think they're specialized in dating sims?
If the characters have personality (no bland mc or heroine), then it can be fun, but otherwise it's not for me :D
it was actually developed by Dharker Studio. nutaku is just hosting the sales. that's why i was wondering if they would ever license something with a little more life in it. most titles are vanilla indies.

Sigfried

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

it was actually developed by Dharker Studio. nutaku is just hosting the sales. that's why i was wondering if they would ever license something with a little more life in it. most titles are vanilla indies.
Only darker theme today's society moght not come crashing down upon would be femdom, I think.

OP
Nordland

Nordland

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Is it simply a dating sim or does it explore darker fetishes?
It doesn't delve too much into any darker fetishes. We'll be playing through it on Twitch today at 1pm EDT if you want to check it out :)

OP
Nordland

Nordland

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

@nordland

I'm not certain what VNs we have coming up the pipeline. I do know that none will ever be able to show rape/incest though, so definitely a no in that department.

What are some of the VNs you would like to see?

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'm not certain what VNs we have coming up the pipeline. I do know that none will ever be able to show rape/incest though, so definitely a no in that department.

Limited to VNs that are already in English or any?

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Any! It'll give us an idea of what people want to see on the site.
I'd like to see the Venus Blood series then.

Whether or not it'd actually be allowed or not though, I can't say for sure.

Zodiark69

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Oh joy. No incest. There goes one of my favourite genres right there. D:

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Oh joy. No incest. There goes one of my favourite genres right there. D:
It's okay! They can just do like they did with Aigis call the daughter a stepdaughter instead and it's fine!

Maybe... <.<

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'd like to see the Venus Blood series then.

Whether or not it'd actually be allowed or not though, I can't say for sure.
i haven't played them, but i swore venus blood requires you to capture enemy women and force them to give birth to monsters for your army? unless i'm thinking of the wrong game. that is rape and a no-no.

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

i haven't played them, but i swore venus blood requires you to capture enemy women and force them to give birth to monsters for your army? unless i'm thinking of the wrong game. that is rape and a no-no.
Hmm, might depend on which of the games it is. I could've sworn you already had the women who were birthing monsters from the start.

THEN AGAIN none of it was in English so I could be wrong.

Manamana

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Any! It'll give us an idea of what people want to see on the site.
To give you ideas for the kind of things that I find lacking in the current English VN production:

Anything with characters having personality would be awesome, as I find that way too many characters are just plain and forgettable.
For example the hero from series is awesome (and the cast is interesting, with really funny interaction between some characters).
Another is , where the main character is pro active and the main heroine ( ) isn't there just to be the princess-that-falls-in-love-with-the-mc but is really an interesting character by herself.
And the last example is the non adult , with some memorably hilarious scenes and a crazy funny mc.:D

Be it a slice of life school comedy or something else like an SF or fantasy setting, it's always better to give characters some substance to make them more interesting.

Last edited: