What's new

Does anyone recognize this RpgMaker MV script?

Etarnak

Reputation score
So, for the past many years, I've gotten around the need to hook into RPGMaker MV games by simply inserting this script (Posting it after the explanation) into the plugin file together with the Cheat_Menu script I have.
However, over the years the texthooking script has been come less and less reliable as some developers of RPGMaker MV games often decide to post the same information over and over for every tick the game has, (Meaning, the written text that has to do with the games story/quests etc. often gets overwritten with the menu titles, or how much money I currently have.), and in some rare careses, even interfering with the game, causing errors.

So, I wanted to ask if anyone recognize this script that I found years ago and may know if theres a more current version that I can make use of.

JavaScript:
var gui = require('nw.gui');
var clipboard = gui.Clipboard.get();
SaveOrgDrawText = Bitmap.prototype.drawText;
TimerMil = 200;  // in millisecond, time to wait before sending to the clipboard
ClipTimerOn = false;
MemText = "";

function ClipTimerSend() {
    clipboard.set(MemText, 'text');
    ClipTimerOn = false;
}

//change the option of the game to draw all text instantly and not char by char
Window_Message.prototype.clearFlags = function() {
    this._showFast = true;
    this._lineShowFast = true;
    this._pauseSkip = false;
};

Bitmap.prototype.drawText = function(text, x, y, maxWidth, lineHeight, align) {

// copy to clipboard all text that was draw in the near <TimerMil> millisecond
    if (ClipTimerOn ) {
        MemText = MemText + text;
    } else {
        MemText = text;
        ClipTimerOn = true;
        ClipTimer = setTimeout(ClipTimerSend, TimerMil);
    }

// call base fonction
    SaveOrgDrawText.call(this, text, x, y, maxWidth, lineHeight, align);

};
I may even have found the script on this site ages ago as this site have some awesome members that often share their work.. (Or I may have gotten it from Hongfire back when)