What's new

ADV Patreon Active RPG Maker [Dystopian Project] Claire's Quest

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Re: Claire's Quest

Hey uhh, don't take this the wrong way, but why do you have med-res 500kb CGs and like over 200mb of audio and backgrounds?
MV doesn't support hi-resolution pictures to begin with. You need to download addons and tweak the game to accept them, and even then it'd take up much more space and time to ensure it shows smoothly. So we just use default resolution for the CGs, and we release the high-resolution CGs as part of our patron rewards.

Also, with MV, they have a weird system, where there's an option to purge all unused resources from whatever you want to port... but even if you toggle it on, you *still* end up porting 200mb+ of useless background content.

Of course, we could manually rifle through every single file and take out everything we don't need then test play the whole thing to ensure we didn't take out anything vital... but that would take hours and hours of mind-numbing work that would be better spent working on the game itself.

So, do have pity on MV-using developers.

Nidjo

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Revisited the game yesterday, one more question. Are controllers supported in MV? I usually play with the X360 one, worked in all games so far but not this one.

Kerlon

Demon Girl
Reputation score

sad to see that this game is kinda frozen and this because the artist has little time to put in. Architect you should consider to look for an other artist, I know this sucks since you started with jangshi (and his art is top notch), but he is clearly the bottleneck in your project

jondom

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

sad to see that this game is kinda frozen and this because the artist has little time to put in. Architect you should consider to look for an other artist, I know this sucks since you started with jangshi (and his art is top notch), but he is clearly the bottleneck in your project
:(

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I know, I know, but simultaneously, I've decided it's not up to me, but to my backers, so I'll check the results of the ongoing patron poll before deciding what to do.

Kerlon

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Hi Architect
I just read the poll result on your patreon and I have to only say one small thing. When you ask someone if they want to be charged for your work most people will obviously say no :)
What I want to say is: you alone (or with your artist, coder, etc.) should determinate the way you get paid. A patreon has always the option to pledge or not to pledge. Don't let people fool you and don't start working for free otherwise there is little incentive for you to work on games anymore.

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

No, of course, but at the same time, I was already hesitant and somewhat unwilling to charge people for an artless release. If that makes sense. So what's going to happen is, I'm going to release major updates (both artless) for both games - and charge for both of them.

Then subsequently, I will continue to release major updates for both games - one for Claire's Quest (artless), one for Sex Zombie (with art + animations) - and charge only when BOTH updates have been released.

It just seems to be the best, fairest way to charge people. Especially those who have no interest in Sex Zombie and wanted Claire's Quest solely anyway.

If and when Claire's Quest gets artwork again, we will change the system.

Zohanz

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I have a little problem. The game lags. A LOT. i've played dozens of RPG maker games and this has happened only once when i was playing The Last Sovereign. Even then the lagging was minimal. But this game lags almost all the time. Can anyone tell me why and how to solve it?

EDIT: Oh, and this maybe a bit out of topic, can anyone guide me to a forum about how to make INTERFACE PATCHES. i found it by chance once, now i seem to have lost it.

Last edited:
OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I have a little problem. The game lags. A LOT. i've played dozens of RPG maker games and this has happened only once when i was playing The Last Sovereign. Even then the lagging was minimal. But this game lags almost all the time. Can anyone tell me why and how to solve it?

EDIT: Oh, and this maybe a bit out of topic, can anyone guide me to a forum about how to make INTERFACE PATCHES. i found it by chance once, now i seem to have lost it.
That is very weird. This is the first time I've heard of anyone having lag on an RPGMaker game, much less my own... what OS are you using exactly, and when does it lag?

Esgaldin

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I have a little problem. The game lags...
I bet you played it on an old burned toaster =P
(RPGmaker eat some CPU resource especially MV, did you play another games on MV?)

Keyen

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Actually, I have also lags (sometimes in the first forest, sometimes in the port town), and my PC is more like a war machine than a burned toaster. But it's only sometimes, not as much as Zohanz. Well, i'm not sure it's lags, but when you move, it's just not smooth like any other RPGmaker game, as if the game was stuttering (sorry for the analogy :p). I'm not sure how to explain that.

I'm on Windows 7.

Last edited:
OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Hmmm... I checked on various websites, so it might not be RPGMaker that's the problem - it's the MV version that's the most likely culprit. Not actually sure how to fix it though.

Gegrafsd

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

There was a post on the previous page that doing the scene with the horse in hookton crashes the game. This is not exactly true, the game still runs, but the final CG for the scene doesn't dismiss so it's impossible to see the map. Might be possible to activate another scene to get out of it? Dunno, don't wanna memorize the key presses to get to another scene from that state :p

Merrill

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

There was a post on the previous page that doing the scene with the horse in hookton crashes the game. This is not exactly true, the game still runs, but the final CG for the scene doesn't dismiss so it's impossible to see the map. Might be possible to activate another scene to get out of it? Dunno, don't wanna memorize the key presses to get to another scene from that state :p
Yes, if you go into the gallery and access another scene it will fix it.

Zohanz

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

actually i've just found the problem. RPG maker games are browser based( if explained in the most simplest way). they consume a LOT of RAM if they're not properly optimized. that's why it was lagging on my pc. for the record my pc can run just cause 2 smoothly, might be very old game to compare with but i haven't been playing big games in a while.

paydan

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Bug/a lil exploit: Once you start, you can buy all medicine for 50 silver and go through guards - they will let you in even with 0 silver, and you can sell all medicine in second town for 4 silver a piece ( profit 2 piece).
+ i read in walkthrough that picking up the fuel gives you intrigue, but now it won´t give you any stat.

ajso1987

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Bug/a lil exploit: Once you start, you can buy all medicine for 50 silver and go through guards - they will let you in even with 0 silver, and you can sell all medicine in second town for 4 silver a piece ( profit 2 piece).
+ i read in walkthrough that picking up the fuel gives you intrigue, but now it won´t give you any stat.
You have to use the fuel to light a fire near some logs outside of the pawnshop. But you need at least 3 intrigue to do it. After doing that then when the owner of the shop and his bodyguard investigate and try to put out the fire sneak inside then raid the valuables in the 2nd floor particularly the gold pouch and the necklace to give to the guy that was swindled(near the door of the pawnshop).

archedio

Sex Demon
Reputation score

is it just me or the game ended on the quest "be her" in the mansion?

i read a few post back there's a second town? i just dont get it..

edit : nevermind, i found a walktrhough :)

Last edited:

Slam Sector

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I noticed the medicine-selling thing, and just assumed it was an intentional Space Trader-like bit, considering you have to specially tell RPGmaker to work like that. The whole "guards accept a bribe you don't have" thing is certainly an oversight, though.

Keyen

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I noticed the medicine-selling thing, and just assumed it was an intentional Space Trader-like bit, considering you have to specially tell RPGmaker to work like that. The whole "guards accept a bribe you don't have" thing is certainly an oversight, though.
I guess it is needed so the player is not stuck right at the beginning.