What's new

RPG Patreon Unknown/Hiatus RPG Maker [EraHunterTeam] Era Hunter 0.5.2

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
I don't think it's a scam, I just think it's a passion project for the devs more than something they're working on as a career.

I would love if they changed their patreon to donations by release. Then it's not as big of a deal if they don't release something every month.

Cardboard_Falcon

Reputation score
yeah i thought that too, but then noticed that they silently changed their policy from "public release two weeks after Patreon release" to "public release whenever no promises"

so they put 0.4 and 0.4.5 back behind the paywall

i stopped giving 'em the benefit of the doubt because of that basically

plus i mean --
naked adventure 0.3.3 was eight months => about 10,000 USD ago

a patreon clearing three bucks and a candy wrapper in a month releasing on a "whenever lol" schedule is fine
but these guys are taking in better than 1k a month

i prorate expectations with patreon income is what my point is
maybe not with release schedule necessarily, but "it's out when it's out, stop asking us to commit to a release date" is too unprofessional from people making "part time job money" out of this

MysteryK

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Are you still alive?

In my humble opinion I think is time to pause the billing. Also, your fans need to control their impulses; it leads them to self harm emotionally & financially. Era, you should give your fans a rest; they don't have unlimited disposable income you know.

easy85

Reputation score
Are you still alive?

In my humble opinion I think is time to pause the billing. Also, your fans need to control their impulses; it leads them to self harm emotionally & financially. Era, you should give your fans a rest; they don't have unlimited disposable income you know.
People should cancel their support immediately or this will never get finished. Why bother working if money comes to you anyway? People getting angry? Post a few images or screenshot to prove you are doing "something" and calm down your patrons. Seems to work very well because people are either stupid or have too much money.
Sadly, not a lot of devs have decency to either keep working and releasing reasonable amounts of content or pause donations if they can't deliver. And here we have a common case of devs running out of passion/ideas and nothing will be done until money stops flowing.
Thank god japanese devs are such workaholics so they keep finishing and starting new projects instead milking their supporters (there are exceptions...).

Legrandxav

Lurker
Reputation score
Ho come on! The last post on patreon is from the 5th of october, just one month! Keep calm! Let him work!

bgnac

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
erahunter was updated on patreon. Still waiting for naked hunter. I think they abandoned ulmf.

MysteryK

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I will ask Era in patreon to update the TC post once the two weeks have passed. I think it lands on Feb 18.

OP
erahunter

erahunter

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Version 0.5.2 public release

image_2020-02-13_00-40-44.png

A lot of things have been done and reworked. That's why old saves don't work.

We thought about writing a change log. But it's basically a new game, there are familiar events and quests, but they have been modified and new events and quests have been added, so you'll need to play the game from the beginning

We also added wasd movement support for convenience ^_^

Updated the first post

MysteryK

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
This is what is going on Patreon:

You may have to choose another platform in the future. The fact that they can legally pirate your stuff is a problem.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
That's the rub, in order for patreon to combat piracy for their content creators, they have to own the material otherwise it's on the content creator to do any DMCA stuff.

Although, if creators stopped using patreon as a marketplace this wouldn't be a problem. At it's inception the platform was meant to be a tip-jar.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
That's the rub, in order for patreon to combat piracy for their content creators, they have to own the material otherwise it's on the content creator to do any DMCA stuff.

Although, if creators stopped using patreon as a marketplace this wouldn't be a problem. At it's inception the platform was meant to be a tip-jar.
No, at this point using Patreon for ANYTHING is a problem.

Lewdovico

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Because it was turned into a marketplace by morons, and then credit card processors decided to moralfag?
It's because Patreon decided that they now get unlimited licenses on your work, you're not allowed to use any competing services (Subscribestar, etc), they can terminate you for drawing anime characters, because of your content on other sites (Twitter, Pixiv), or even for content on other sites for other people, because Silicon Valley can't even do a "service to pay other people service" site without poisoning it with ideological sewage.
They don't just own the material, they now own the ass of anybody still using their service, and the credit card processors have decided that anyone who doesn't like it has to build their own internet.
Honestly this should be its own thread, but it would probably immediately devolve into cope and screeching because nobody here or anywhere can do anything about it.

TD_Cody3

Reputation score
So is this discontinued now or? I enjoyed the game a lot and want new update. Don't have to but please answer

TD_Cody3

Reputation score
no just a very slow update
Oh thank you

I just thought of a good idea but chances are not gonna happen. What if when they are good enough at animation they make a hentai anime based off this (or normal anime excluding sexual scenes)

Noble 6

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
So is this discontinued now or? I enjoyed the game a lot and want new update. Don't have to but please answer
Glancing through the patreon, the game seems pretty abandoned in favor of another project.
The previous posts on the patreon are about Naked Adventure, with the last things Era Hunter-related being a sketch and a literal meme image, both from over half a year ago.
The last update to the game itself was over 14 months ago, now, and there's no word on it being continued. I'd personally label that as an "abandoned game."