What's new

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score
Beta v1.62 has been released.

Here's the blogpost describing all the changes:
Now that's something I haven't seen in a long time... what is this 'video cut scene' about anyway? Hmmm...

OP
TitanAnteus

TitanAnteus

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Now that's something I haven't seen in a long time... what is this 'video cut scene' about anyway? Hmmm...
There's a new intro video that shows our logo and the first MoGi falling from the sky as well as a specific cutscene for the tower. It's extra visual flair.

ThatWeirdGuyWithaWeirdHat

The Gentleman Thief
Reputation score
Every time I see or hear "The Tower" I think of . This is what plays in my head every time I get to the tower area.

Aesthetic

Reputation score
Every time I see or hear "The Tower" I think of . This is what plays in my head every time I get to the tower area.
It's sad that the official AM2R sold terribly. Metroid fans kind of disappointed me on that end T_T
The fangame was amazing though.

ThatWeirdGuyWithaWeirdHat

The Gentleman Thief
Reputation score
It's sad that the official AM2R sold terribly. Metroid fans kind of disappointed me on that end T_T
The fangame was amazing though.
Sold? AM2R was never a priced game. It's a free fan remake that's still being updated today. The reason it got shut down was because the original creator got a DMCA from Nintendo and was forced to stop distributing it. But one guy on Reddit basically said 'screw that' and started making updates himself.

I seriously recommend you find and play it. It's a really well made game that deserves a play.

Last edited:

Aesthetic

Reputation score
Sold? AM2R was never a priced game. It's a free fan remake that's still being updated today. The reason it got shut down was because the original creator got a DMCA from Nintendo and was forced to stop distributing it. But one guy on Reddit basically said 'screw that' and started making updates himself.

I seriously recommend you find and play it. It's a really well made game that deserves a play.
Metroid Samus Returns was a response to AM2R. It's the official 2D metroid game that was released after AM2R was taken down. Samus Returns is a fantastic game, I'd argue slightly superior to AM2R, but got no traction.

If you want to continue this conversation, let's do so in PMs :)

zarion

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Put it up on enty or fantia. Patreon is hot trash. If you gain a large enough following you might even be able to make a permanent switch.

OP
TitanAnteus

TitanAnteus

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Put it up on enty or fantia. Patreon is hot trash. If you gain a large enough following you might even be able to make a permanent switch.
Isn't Enty and Fantia japanese only?

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Bwah ah ah, necromancy complete, all according to keikaku!! :devilish:
Don't expect much. Demo has less than half of the adult content last demo had (with nothing new H-wise), and just survival/time attack modes available.
(edit: comment rendered obsolete-to-false)

That said, I'm f*ckin d*mn glad to know some Western devs can stick to their word, like, 8-9 years afterwards? and I wish the guys the best of luck (best of courage, better said) for the last steps to take before 'release' - in as many meanings the word has. (y)
Middle-aged Titans, GO! :D

Last edited:

chucknoris35

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Holy crap I forgot about this game. Sorry if this was already asked/answered but how close are we to a final version?

OP
TitanAnteus

TitanAnteus

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
(with nothing new H-wise), and just survival/time attack modes available.
Two enemies, troll and vampire are new.
They show up if you survive long enough in survival.
7, but yeah... this is the greatest shame of my life most likely. Part of it is Hubris and underestimating the development process. I honestly wanted to make a smaller game, but the support we had in Offbeatr when starting was stupendous... Game blew up to a huge game due to stretch goals, and we made a lot of promises. Those promises caused a lot of technical issues down the line when we reached a certain amount of assets and the base game has had to be reprogrammed at least twice now. Not to blame the OB support. If I had the knowledge I do now though... I'd definitely start this project differently though.
Middle-aged Titans, GO!
I'm actually in my late 20's. I'm gonna be 29 this January, but still 20s XD
Sorry if this was already asked/answered but how close are we to a final version?
All enemies are programmed.
This includes bosses like Golemn, and special stretch goal bosses like Alice(?) and Ucogi(?), as well as the Succubus's second(?) appearance which is a tag-team boss sorta... Voms' progression and systems are all done as well. Where he goes, who he meets, when he gets new abilities and all that.

Currently the main map is doing some renovation just like the main menu. Veins is a detail orientated artist and he's not happy with some levels on a pixel-by-pixel basis. Since we're not using stock assets and everything in the game is drawn by him, he wants to make the most of the areas in design.

So our todo list right now is

Main Map renovation. I say renovation but he's focusing mostly on making sure there are no errors, and trying to make the game not feel too "flat"
Final Boss Sex Scene - Battle is programmed
Alice and Ucogi art assets - These are Veins' OCs and he's really adamant about them looking as good as possible for their fight.
One MoGi's sex scene.

After that is a full game review. We play like idiots to see if there's any glitches we can find and anything we're unhappy with.

I don't want to make any promises regarding a specific date, Full Game Review could be a week of playing or a month. Alice and Ucogi's art assets include finalizing their boss fights. Even though their fights are programmed, they're not programmed with the final frame data. Stuff might need to be changed when an attack might have 16 frames instead of the placeholder's 8 frames.

But yeah, we're working and refuse to fail our fans who supported us financially to get to this point.

chucknoris35

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
They show up if you survive long enough in survival.

7, but yeah... this is the greatest shame of my life most likely. Part of it is Hubris and underestimating the development process. I honestly wanted to make a smaller game, but the support we had in Offbeatr when starting was stupendous... Game blew up to a huge game due to stretch goals, and we made a lot of promises. Those promises caused a lot of technical issues down the line when we reached a certain amount of assets and the base game has had to be reprogrammed at least twice now. Not to blame the OB support. If I had the knowledge I do now though... I'd definitely start this project differently though.

I'm actually in my late 20's. I'm gonna be 29 this January, but still 20s XD

All enemies are programmed.
This includes bosses like Golemn, and special stretch goal bosses like Alice(?) and Ucogi(?), as well as the Succubus's second(?) appearance which is a tag-team boss sorta... Voms' progression and systems are all done as well. Where he goes, who he meets, when he gets new abilities and all that.

Currently the main map is doing some renovation just like the main menu. Veins is a detail orientated artist and he's not happy with some levels on a pixel-by-pixel basis. Since we're not using stock assets and everything in the game is drawn by him, he wants to make the most of the areas in design.

So our todo list right now is

Main Map renovation. I say renovation but he's focusing mostly on making sure there are no errors, and trying to make the game not feel too "flat"
Final Boss Sex Scene - Battle is programmed
Alice and Ucogi art assets - These are Veins' OCs and he's really adamant about them looking as good as possible for their fight.
One MoGi's sex scene.

After that is a full game review. We play like idiots to see if there's any glitches we can find and anything we're unhappy with.

I don't want to make any promises regarding a specific date, Full Game Review could be a week of playing or a month. Alice and Ucogi's art assets include finalizing their boss fights. Even though their fights are programmed, they're not programmed with the final frame data. Stuff might need to be changed when an attack might have 16 frames instead of the placeholder's 8 frames.

But yeah, we're working and refuse to fail our fans who supported us financially to get to this point.
Awesome, I'm so happy that there's an end in sight. I'll definitely be buying once it's released.

chucknoris35

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Appreciate the positivity. Sorry for disappointing for so long.
It was never disappointment. I've thoroughly enjoyed every version of the game I've played, including the very first demos. So at this point the only emotion I'm getting outta this conversation is excitement!

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
By the old gods, wave 100, for real? :LOL: You meanies.

Big one is vampire? So that's 1 new animation (poor Voms xD). I only got her anim to play twice, and she gets stuck afterwards. (she doesn't move anymore but you can kill her)
Troll is the small grey rusher? She doesn't give any animation, for some reason.
Also, many girls do not unlock in the gallery (at least Nekonurse, Troll & Vampire don't)
When you change the controls once, you can't access the menu anymore, and you need to alt+F4 out. It's OK after a restart. (my 'hit' button is RControl, if that matters)

That should be it for the bugs report.

And no worries, a western dev keeping true to their word after all this time, is appreciable enough. I have no clue how to prove I was part of the early campaign tho :cry:
Ah, you could do with 1 button less. 'UP+attack' could logically replace 'power', but that's a detail.

edit/PS:
I'm actually in my late 20's
Definitely an ossan by japanese JKs' harsh standards.
Buuut some girls are into that, don't worry! ...or so I've been told. Ah ah. :cry:

Last edited:
OP
TitanAnteus

TitanAnteus

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
I only got her anim to play twice, and she gets stuck afterwards. (she doesn't move anymore but you can kill her)
I can't recreate that.
Troll is the small grey rusher? She doesn't give any animation, for some reason.
When you change the controls once, you can't access the menu anymore, and you need to alt+F4 out. It's OK after a restart. (my 'hit' button is RControl, if that matters)
REALLY!? Oh fuck. She's bugged. Yeah... I'm fixing both right now, and reuploading.
EDIT: Done. I appreciate you telling us.
I have no clue how to prove I was part of the early campaign tho :cry:
No worries, we still have all the e-mail addresses from back then.

Ah, you could do with 1 button less. 'UP+attack' could logically replace 'power', but that's a detail.
Up enters doors. You also can't crouch and use sub-weapons if you want to use them in that case.

Definitely an ossan by japanese JKs' harsh standards.
Buuut some girls are into that, don't worry! ...or so I've been told. Ah ah. :cry:
Ouch... Like... I physically felt that. I'm an ossan now hunh. Well OK then.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Lookin' good now. You've left mogiorigins.zip in the folder tho, so most users will end up downloading the game twice :LOL:
Lil' spoiler, tell me if you'd like it removed from view:
CTRL+S still works
No worries, we still have all the e-mail addresses from back then.
Derp me, gotta hope they didn't delete my account yet...
Up enters doors. You also can't crouch and use sub-weapons if you want to use them in that case.
Ah, right, you've said so a few years back. 4 buttons ain't all that many after all.
Ouch... Like... I physically felt that.
I didn't mean the low blow :ROFLMAO: Time's a fair girl, she fucks everyone up equally.
ps: Bwah ah ah these pixies! 😁

Last edited:

ex12345

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
A bit lost on the full game. I've completed the tower and taken down the cyclops, and now the stretch of land outside of the tower is red as to say to use an item there, but there's nothing to use items on and I can't figure out how to get to the lab. Any advice would be appreciated.