What's new

ACT [ Erojishi Gumi] エロ獅子組 Mahou no Mappo-chan 魔法のマッポちゃん RE173203 RJ173203

snakesonaplane

Demon Girl
Reputation score

A side scroller where you control some girl with a magic wand. There are a huge amount of varied enemies, most of them weird looking.

The game claims to have more than 90 different enemy types, which is pretty impressive.

Magical Mappo-chan is a "nostalgically new!" multi-directional action game
with events (sometimes you gotta use your head) and shooting (enemies!):

Erojishi Gumi presents an erotic x comedy blend of fun!

Story:
Matsuo Mahono ("Mappo-chan") is a first-year cadet at police school in a magical land.
When her 16 beautiful classmates are kidnapped, Mapo-chan leaps into rescue mode!
Help Mapo-chan beat back hentai monsters with her baton and save her classmates!

* Nostalgically new!" Multi-directional scrolling event-style shooting-type action
The player (Mappo-chan) needs to rescue the hostpages (16 girls), but it won't be easy.
Bosses want to screw as much as they want to fight -- or more! What to do?

* Eight (8) colorful worlds with their own strange and unique enemies!
Face over 90 species -- not enemies, SPECIES! -- of rival characters
some of which transform to bring the total to over 100+!

* Literally thousands of anime and map pattern combos across worlds!
With high quality stereo BGM and sound effects (no voice)

* Each world has multiple stages: rescue hostages, fight mini bosses, and then...!
8 worlds, 23 stages

* Over 50+ varieties of "assault animations" (incl. variations)!

* Game over? Play on! Come back stronger than before!
After three game overs, the player becomes invincible, making boss battles a breeze!
Challenge yourself to do your best, or go sloppy and reckless!
All gamers will be able to finish all stages. Your approach is your own.

* Easy to use interface
Simple menu (Game start, Gallery, Save, etc.) and player (Mappo-chan) controls.
If you've played any sort of game in the last 20 years it'll feel like second nature;
but if that's not enough, you can get your toes wet with the "Practice stage"!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Online manual

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Notices
Movie playback will require ffdshow to be installed.
Tested and confirmed for Windows 8.1/10 tablets. However:
For systems with insufficient memory (under 2GB, for example)
please close all other applications and disable Bluetooth or Wifi.
Performance may vary across all platforms.
The game may require up to 1 minute to load on such systems

Last edited by a moderator:

firemaster10101

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Magic of Mapo-chan [RJ173203]

Looks like the game needs quicktime to play certain videos so I guess it's got some animations.

It also looks like it has some light-gore in it too judging by the preview picture. I died during the tutorial but didn't have quicktime so I couldn't see the game over animation. The box was surrounded by blood so I've gotta wonder if the animations have gore too.

Can't download quicktime to test it right now so someone else is gonna have to fill us in.

SethK

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Gave it a try. Animations aren't terrible, they're decently well drawn, but the animations are a bit.. weird looking I guess? Very robotic. It's also strange that the protagonist and the enemies are weirdly cartoony in game but more realistic in the animations (Which much be a good thing cause the cartoony aesthetic of the gameplay creeps me out)

The gameplay however, god damn. You move slow as hell, and you cannot attack WITHOUT ALSO MOVING. Seriously. The attack button only works if you also press left or right. WHY. WHYYYYYYYY. This is mostly alleviated by the fact that you get a gun in the first level, and ammunition for it is plentiful to say the least, but even then, the awkward slowness (And the fact that you can only shoot while moving) make for a terrible time when you get into a fight with an enemy that is ALSO ranged. You can sort of 'block' their shots by shooting the bullets, but you can only shoot in a straight line, they can shoot everywhere, making it impossible if you get knocked below them (Which is pretty easy because you HAVE to move to shoot, which means you're eventually going to need to turn around and back up, exposing your backside to getting shot) and if you get knocked below them, good luck dodging their shots while also shooting them. An absolute pain in the ass that is. Thankfully the developer seemed to note this and most ranged enemies drop both ammo and a Hp restore which restores most of your health, but fuck if it's not annoying.

I managed to make it to the first boss without dying, but died to him for the reasons mentioned above and had to restart the entire stage. Couldn't do it. Closed the game.

Not to mention this game is 2300 yen. Isn't that like 23 USD? Bloody expensive for a game as frustrating as this with only mediocre sex animations.

velvet.velour

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Yeah this game's fucking weird and way too expensive for what it is. Controls are awful, but not in the traditionally awful H-ACT way. SethK covered it pretty well, I think. Gonna have to agree that if you could just attack while standing still it'd be infinitely better.

My problem is the game just kept crashing or locking up - probably something to do with Quicktime, which I was too lazy to confirm was working properly. After it locked up several minutes into a stage I decided I wasn't missing much and didn't try again.

Might be a game worth checking out if the gallery/animations get ripped or someone uploads a full save, but definitely not worth 23USD with how it plays right now.

Bloodyryss

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I just get a White Screen where the quick time events should be ... what can I do to get it to work?

blued

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I installed Quicktime, but I still can't get the game to run, any suggestions?

Aestral

Demon Girl
Reputation score

90 enemies? Sounds interesting, even with bad game mechanics. I'd gladly play it, but Patreon has sucked me dry, so i suppose i'll wait for some white knight to post it :D

noman

Lurker
Reputation score

>A policewoman with a magical wand

I don't know why, but this made me lol'd so hard.

Deleted member 194301

Tentacle God
Reputation score

*loads DLsite page, looks at first image*

Are... are those two planes screwing each other?

OmegaZero

Cthulhu
Reputation score

They should rename the game as "Mapo no kimyou na bouken" AKA "Mapo's bizarre adventure". :cool:

Hamger

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Weird I want to play this game.

amgwtfover

Lurker
Reputation score

Just noticed that the demo is 500MB, while the actual game is a full gig :eek:

They must really be going HAM on the animation movies to reach that much in a RoR game.

guts

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Hamger

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

will buy this if it doesn't get ripped by saturday.

zane19

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I'll just drop this here.

Added smaller parts due to being a 1 GB file:

Last edited: