What's new

exist a program translatable?

ChosenOne

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Hello everyone!

I wanted to know one thing, if there is a program to translate RPG MAKER and WOLF games from Japanese to English (I doubt in Italian).
Why I lock me in some places and I can not go on, or I finish games
but I have no satisfaction because it is in Japanese, and I do not understand the history of the game (I just finished the last game of JellyColor and the last of the creator of "To H ..., but I have not got a bat) also I'm tired of doing things randomly.
I do not say a program that translates all games (but we hope), but one of those who starts a game on that program, in which one side is the scermata of the game and the other part of the scermata that translates to it says.
I hope you can help me.
As you have read, English (basic only) do not even know well, forgive me if it's not perfect, but I hope you read this my request, and I'd be very grateful.

Greeting.

CHOSENONE.

Re: exist a program translatable?

Hello everyone!

I wanted to know one thing, if there is a program to translate RPG MAKER and WOLF games from Japanese to English (I doubt in Italian).
Why I lock me in some places and I can not go on, or I finish games
but I have no satisfaction because it is in Japanese, and I do not understand the history of the game (I just finished the last game of JellyColor and the last of the creator of "To H ..., but I have not got a bat) also I'm tired of doing things randomly.
I do not say a program that translates all games (but we hope), but one of those who starts a game on that program, in which one side is the scermata of the game and the other part of the scermata that translates to it says.
I hope you can help me.
As you have read, English (basic only) do not even know well, forgive me if it's not perfect, but I hope you read this my request, and I'd be very grateful.

Greeting.

CHOSENONE.

If you want to translate while you play there are several text hooker options. If you are wanting something to make a translated version of the game you should check the translation section someone made a tool to autotranslate RPG Maker games, nothing for Wolf games though.

The easiest one to go with at the moment for RPG Maker and Wolf RPG is probably Visual Novel Reader:

It uses online translators as well as offline dictionaries, so I think you can set it to translate straight from Japanese to Italian (look in the settings).

Best just go with translation aggregator (TA) for a pretty decent jap-eng machine translation. It shows you the translation made by Atlas, which is a program made for jap-eng translations, and adds in some online translations.
There's instructions here but its kinda outdated http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=353

In short with some updated links:
First of always set your computer to 'japanese unicode' BEFORE downloading or unzipping the game (control panel - region - administrative - change system locale) and check if there's a translation in Hentai Games/Translations. If not use TA:
-Download atlas v14 from somewhere and install it with your computerdate set to a few years ago. Add words to the dictionary using someone else's (I'm using errzotl80's )
-Download TA and set it to your liking. I just rush through rpg's and thus only need a basic understanding of conversations, so I'm using Atlas, Honyaku, Google and Excite. If Atlas fails look at what the other 3 make of it and you'll have a good understanding as they all translate in a different way. There's some things you can do to improve results, but I haven't bothered. See last 2 links ^
-Now either start the game and TA and launch a text hooker using TA's tools, or download AGTH yourself and launch it together with the game (dunno if this is actually the last version, dont think it matters). To do it yourself save agth on a short path like c:\agth\agth.exe, make a shortcut to game.exe and go to its properties, if it's a gamemaker game the path should be like: C:\AGTH\agth.exe /c "D:\..\some-h-game\Game.exe". This will launch agth and activate it's option to auto copy to clipboard (sending it to TA). Some other usefull options are like: /x3 for hooking wolf rpg, /ks2 for deleting repetition, /kf64:32 for deleting looping sentences. There's a ton more you can find somewhere probably

Thanks for your advice, but unfortunately we do not understand any of these links or programs do you recommend, if you give me an explanation of what to what to do, I'll try. Therefore, I need of your support.

Thanks to all.

I was expecting to come into this thread to see the op get ripped to shreds, but now i got a warm fuzzy feeling that someone had the patience and took the time to help the guy

i coincidentally did all this myself 2 days ago and it was pretty confusing since Aika's links are all down, so i guess i can understand his struggle with his broken english

I was expecting to come into this thread to see the op get ripped to shreds, but now i got a warm fuzzy feeling that someone had the patience and took the time to help the guy

This isn't reddit

People on here are pretty cool

My only complaint is that threads like this are against the forum rules, as far as I know, so it's conflicting. I like to help, but it's also not good to encourage this kind of behavior.

AGTH keeps crashing for me whenever I try opening it with a game. Used to work before. Not sure what happened.

This isn't reddit

People on here are pretty cool

Lol, I did a pretty similar thread like a year or two ago, I got litteraly flooded with negrep telling me to look things up myself, to go fuck myself etc...

Mostly Using VNR for Novels / RPGs with LEC power Translator & Atlas
Remember to update Atlas with the dictionary from Hongfire adds alot of translations

Just download the files and click on them and a new window will pop up and you can "Add words" from there :>

here I am!

But what the hell, I found the chiitrans program, but there is something wrong.
Of RPG Maker VX, ACE, XP and MV reads ideogrami man does not automatically translate into English (or Italian), and I have to copy and paste on google translation services, every single sentence, and fatigue as well as RPG WOLF does not take the whole sentence (half a sentence, I wanted to finish the last game of the jelly color, the last of the creator of to H ... Romance Fantasy etc ... the list long), to understand the story, or solve some games that I was stuck, but in these conditions it is annoying!

it is the program, or I have to set the program? version of it is 16.4505.2364.

I hope you answer me as soon as possible, also wanted to thank you for responding to my post.

CHOSENONE.

forgot about this
i dont know what you mean though, why are you using chiitrans
use the stuff i told you to before (agth + translation aggregator + atlas)

Mostly Using VNR for Novels / RPGs with LEC power Translator & Atlas
Remember to update Atlas with the dictionary from Hongfire adds alot of translations

Just download the files and click on them and a new window will pop up and you can "Add words" from there :>
you shouldnt use that dictionary its kinda outdated, this one's from 2015 and has a fix for names showing up in midsentence:

6. Run Game.exe and you'll notice there's now a little white box.

at this point, RGSS3 player stops working and than it exit the game
the "white box" appeares but this error message too

whats causing this?
the same happens to me when i use chiitrans
i used to use chiitrans but then out of sudden this error appeared and i was forced to look for alternatives, i thought it would work with atlas and TA, but its the same error message or better the same problem

"RGSS3 player stoped working"

i realy liked chiitrans2 because it just didnt only translated the dialoque, it also translated dialogue choises like responses fro answers "yes or no"
visual novel ready is working but it skips to many sentences for example in ROBF where the enemys talk to you slowly

at this point, RGSS3 player stops working and than it exit the game
the "white box" appeares but this error message too

whats causing this?
the same happens to me when i use chiitrans
i used to use chiitrans but then out of sudden this error appeared and i was forced to look for alternatives, i thought it would work with atlas and TA, but its the same error message or better the same problem

"RGSS3 player stoped working"

i realy liked chiitrans2 because it just didnt only translated the dialoque, it also translated dialogue choises like responses fro answers "yes or no"
visual novel ready is working but it skips to many sentences for example in ROBF where the enemys talk to you slowly

I'm not perfectly sure about this, but I have a vague memory of one of Windows' updates doing that. Are you using Windows 10? Have you done all updates on Windows Update? Maybe they fixed it in one of the more recent updates.

Anyway, it wasn't supposed to happen. Without being there to debug it until the cause is found, I'd just recommend reinstalling Windows to see if the problem vanishes.

Also if you installed any new Anti-Virus software, it might be interfering with how AGTH hooks into games (since that is 101 Virus Behavior), so might be worth it to switch it for a better AV or something.

I'm not perfectly sure about this, but I have a vague memory of one of Windows' updates doing that. Are you using Windows 10? Have you done all updates on Windows Update? Maybe they fixed it in one of the more recent updates.

Anyway, it wasn't supposed to happen. Without being there to debug it until the cause is found, I'd just recommend reinstalling Windows to see if the problem vanishes.

Also if you installed any new Anti-Virus software, it might be interfering with how AGTH hooks into games (since that is 101 Virus Behavior), so might be worth it to switch it for a better AV or something.

i cant reinstall windows 10, i did the free upgrade to win10 but i only have win8.1 disk here and i dont want to downgrade to 8.1 again, but with the anti-virus thing, i'll try it, also i dont know if i did all windows updates, might be worth looking into it, if i can remember how to do windows updates

edit: tested it with deactivating my anti-virus (avast) didnt worked, still got the same "error"

edit2: as it seems my windows updates where placed to manual download, i guess i'll have to let my pc run the night to get all the updates, hopefully that will help. will edit again tomorrow if it worked or not

edit3: i did the windows updates already, seems that wasnt the problem at all, my pc is up to date and still the same error message "RGSS3 player stoped working"

Last edited:

i realy didnt wanted to double post, but an edit leaves the thread as an old one (already readed)...hopefully it is ok

now i've got everything running, i just did this, quote:

"Try to add (in my case RPGVX.exe(RGSS player)) to the DEP exclusion list. It worked for me.
control panel \ system \ advanced settings \ the settings button in the performance box \ data execution protection."

now another problem appeared, in the dropdown from atlas where im supposed to select something, the dropdown thingy is empty, nothing, i did all the steps fedess wrote in page1 and than this happens =(

i realy didnt wanted to double post, but an edit leaves the thread as an old one (already readed)...hopefully it is ok

now i've got everything running, i just did this, quote:

"Try to add (in my case RPGVX.exe(RGSS player)) to the DEP exclusion list. It worked for me.
control panel \ system \ advanced settings \ the settings button in the performance box \ data execution protection."

now another problem appeared, in the dropdown from atlas where im supposed to select something, the dropdown thingy is empty, nothing, i did all the steps fedess wrote in page1 and than this happens =(
odd. if you run the game to the point someone actually says something still nothing shows up? editted my post for slightly better explanation:
6. Run Game.exe and you'll notice AGTH started running together with your game (the white box with a drop-down menu).
7. Once some text shows up ingame (usually just reaching the menu works), click on drop-down menu in AGTH (that white box) and pick whatever option works best (usually the 2nd of the 3). For WOLF games see 5.2 ^

Last edited:
Back