What's new

Fan Fantasy -Remix- Feedback/Suggestion Thread

Shinji62

Demon Girl
Reputation score
After a long line of failed ideas and projects, I've decided to go back to making Fan Fantasy.

I decided to restart the series, instead of just starting where I left off though. This is because I've grown as an artist, and as a game maker since the original, and I don't want Episode I to be completely different than the other episodes. Both in art style, and just overall quality. The scripting will mostly be the same, I only plan on completely rewriting the first scene, but I'm going to be changing up a lot. Like changing out characters, improving town and dungeon layouts, etc. All based on feedback I received when Episode I was originally released.

So, I wanted to start a thread, to ask for suggestions and feedback as I go through development.

When it comes to feedback, only constructive posts please. I know I'm not the best artist and I know I'm not the best programmer. Just saying something is bad, or you don't like it, is just a waste of everyone's time. So, don't point something out unless you have a legitimate way to improve it.

As for suggestions. As basically everyone seemed to hate the cartoon and comic book characters, I'm taking most of them out. So, I'm open to suggestions for characters. After Episode II, each town has a pretty set theme (ex. a desert town). So, if I think a character would fit, I'll stick them in. I'll also let you know if you suggest a character already in the game. I just ask that you keep character suggestions down to a maximum of 3 per episode.

Download
If you haven't played the original, and/or have no idea what I'm talking about, you can check out the original game here.
http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=21740

Planned Changes
Here's a list of planned changes for Episode I -Remix-.
Completely Rewriting the opening
Increasing window size
Modifying various areas, primarily to fit with the new window size
Adding a text-skip function
Replacing various characters (I'll list below which characters are in)
Remaking first dungeon
Remaking all CG
Remaking certain quests
Creating larger sprites using XP Sprites as a base
Removing allusion to more scenes with certain characters
Making various story changes
Will be adding an option to start at level 10 instead of level 1, to make the game easier for those that find the game too hard. This will be a one time thing, there won't be any kind of auto-leveling in future episodes. It's simply to make the opening easier for those that aren't accustomed to RPGs.

Confirmed Characters
And here's the finalized list of characters for Ep I.
Reika Kitami (Bible Black)
Sandy (Dragon Quest)
Kanae (Tsumamigui)
Villetta Nu
Kiriko Aoi
Female Warrior (Dragon Quest)
Velvet (Odin Sphere)
Poison Ivy
Rise Kujikawa
Yukiko Amagi
Chie Satonaka
Saeko Busujima
Ashe (Final Fantasy)
Sailor Moon
Sailor Mercury
Bunny Jester
Belladonna (Persona)

Things I currently want feedback on
Development is underway, and the changes to Ep I have been finalized, so I'm not looking for anything specific. But feel free to make suggestions that you think could improve the game, and feel free to suggest characters for future episodes. Episode II won't have a theme for the women, so feel free to suggest anyone. The theme towns won't start until Episode III.

Sound off with your feedback/suggestions, and I'll do my best to respond.

Last edited:

Hoboy

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: Fan Fantasy -Remix- Feedback/Suggestion Thread

I think personally that less cartoonish characters and more eastern style hentai is a better choice overall - and a more cohesive choice being one or the other. I like the direction you seem to be moving in.

PS - would have posted this on your blog but I hate not being able to post anonymously - or at least using something other gmail...

xXHaseoXx

Tentacle God
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Oh man you have Returned!!

I was a Huge Fan of your work and even followed your blog for anything you may have continued to work on. It's nice seeing you back here and also Working on Fan Fantasy again.

When it comes to these Type of Games I tend to like Quantity. Even if we only see 1 Scene per Character, I think having a nice Diverse Roster is better as each character brings something new and keeps things varied.

I also really love the Dialogue during Sex Scenes and I hope you continue to add more Dialogue like it. That is something I hope you continue to do

I hope to see more from you My Friend :)

Last edited:
OP
Shinji62

Shinji62

Demon Girl
Reputation score

@Hoboy - I'm glad you agree!
Having a more solidified art style will make it a bit easier for me to make CG, and I think it'll make the game more appealing overall. Since no one will have to sift through quests to get scenes with the art style they like.

@Haseo - Thanks! I'm glad to be back. It's pretty exciting working on Fan Fantasy again.

I'm the same way, I prefer more diversity. I've decided to go ahead and limit the number of recurring scenes down, and instead add in more characters. Right now, there are only a couple of scenes planned with the same woman.

I'm playing with an idea of having an "assistant" that takes care of buying and maintaining your houses in each town (you'll be able to choose from 2 or 3 different women).
If I put her in, she'll have a new scene in every town. She'll wear a new outfit in each scene, to match the theme of the town.

And I also wanted to let everyone know that suggestions for Ep I are now closed. I've finalized all of the changes and have started development. I've updated the original post with all of the planned changes and characters.

Feel free to suggest new characters and ideas for future episodes though!

xXHaseoXx

Tentacle God
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Good Luck Shinji :D