Faylin (Farren)

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Faylin (Farren)

"No, we aren't recording your game experience and anything that happens in it is entirely private. You don't have to divulge anything you don't want to, or can speak in generalities if you want to relay an experience."

Beth gave Faylin a reassuring smile.

"It's a little early, but the company cafe should be opening for lunch soon. You could get some food and then check in with our resident nurse for a standard scan and health report before continuing with the game. If there are any other questions or concerns you may have, I'm here." She spread her hands wide and leaned back in her chair.

Farren

Cthulhu
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Well that's a load off my mind. I can't begin to imagine how much they could make selling recordings on the side. Faylin gave a nod and began to stand.

"Thanks, I'll think I'll go grab a snack then. I take it I'm free to come back when I'm finished with the check up?" She would be a little disappointed if she had to wait too long to find out what was going to happen next. She had to wonder just how the people that managed to get so terribly addicted to online games were going to do when these things hit the market too.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Beth nodded and soon Faylin was following her directions to the cafe. It was a small buffet with a sandwich station, standard fare with several options and a create your own sandwich station. She was nearly alone in waiting for the workers there to open up shop, but she had a pleasant conversation with the cashier and ate her meal in contented silence.

Following her meal, she went to the place where Beth had said the nurse's office was located and found it occupied by a tall, well shaped woman with long black hair and glasses perched on her small nose.

"My first tester of the day," she said. "Please, have a seat. I'm just going to do a quick mental scan to make sure everything is normal and in order. Don't worry, it's painless and non-intrusive. I'll have a couple of questions for you if you don't mind, I promise, everything said in here doesn't leave this room."

She smiled and attached a small electronic headband to Faylin's head.

"If you could, just recall your game experience and tell me how you were feeling during the beginning, middle, and end of the experience? Do you think that the experience has altered your feelings? If so, how?"

Farren

Cthulhu
RP Moderator
Reputation score

It was nice to have a little time to herself in the cafe to contemplate all that had happened to her inside the game. The pace was a little breakneck right now with the being captured, then straight into a big battle once she had convinced the pair she was useful. Even as she ate she found herself fidgeting a little, having to wonder just what else the game might provide her with.

She tried to settle her thoughts some as she made her way to the nurse's office. When she arrived, she sat down as instructed, glad that the place seemed to have a healthy female staff considering the game content.

"I guess I was really curious at first, then pretty shocked and confused, but after that I found the whole thing very enjoyable. I was very content when I reached the save point." Fay' explained, not particularly interested in divulging details unless she was asked. Just because it didn't leave the room didn't mean she'd be comfortable explaining it.

"Erm... it's given me some things to think about. I mean... it's introduced me to things I might not have otherwise considered. I guess most of them are things I've been curious about though." Fay' tried to explain as best she could. Skirting around the specifics didn't really leave her much to talk about though.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The nurse nodded. "What you've said makes sense and is in line with the responses we have gotten so far. It can be a jolting experience in the beginning, but with time it evens out."

She looked over to a print out that was coming out of the machine next to her. It seemed to be a graph of some sort.

"Ah, results already. Let's see here. Yes, elevated levels of arousal and sexual activity, and a marked reduction in your inhibition. As with your game experience, these results are expected and will similarly return to normal with time. Your mind is still adjusting to switching back and forth between the game world and the real world, so obviously you can expect some residual feelings to slip through. As far as health is concerned, you are mentally stable in every way, I'm happy to report. No signs of subconscious anxiety or depression. You're fit to continue when you're ready."

Farren

Cthulhu
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Ahah, well that's good to know. I guess it's the same sort of deal with any immersive activity." Faylin smiled, glad to know she had a clean bill of health. It wouldn't be so fun to come away from this with issues, though she didn't really see the game making any.

"I guess if that's all I'd better get back to the testing for you." She nodded, standing to leave. She made sure to wait to see if she had anything else to do, otherwise she'd head back to the EGG and find out what the spiral deal was all about.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"That's all for now," the nurse smiled. "Have fun."

With that settled and out of the way, Faylin felt refreshed and energized for another go at the EGG. Her curiosity about where the game was taking her and what other sort of mischief she might get up to with Abby and Geero made her quicken her pace back to the EGG chamber, so that she almost bumped into Beth as she rounded a corner.

"Oh!" said Beth in surprise. "Careful now, wouldn't want to fall and hurt yourself. Back to the EGG I guess? Well that's fine then. Everyone else is going to be off at lunch for a little while, I hope you won't mind if you're left unattended for a small bit? By the way, I've been told that I'll be your adviser going forward. So any reports or problems you have with the game, you can come see me, okay?"

After talking with Beth, Fay continued on her way and found herself alone in the room with the EGG. Hoping into the machine an closing the door as she had seen Beth do the first time around, she was quickly sheathed in darkness within the cool confines of the machine. The screen in front of her blipped to life and she was given three options "New Game" "Load Saved Game" or "Change Settings."

Farren

Cthulhu
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Recovering from the surprising encounter, Faylin quickly apologised for running into Beth. She tells her that she'll be sure to report anything she finds while playing, having to wonder if she'll actually find anything out of place. So far it's been basically perfect.

Moving right along and climbing back into the EGG, Fay' decides to pick the 'Change Settings' option, just to see what all she can change about her game.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The screen changes text and presents her with the familiar list she had at the beginning of the game, with her previous selections still selected.

Difficulty: Normal

Humans: Y 4
Male/Female: Y 3
Female/Female: Y 4
Pregnancy: Y 1
Birthing: Y 1
Non Consent Sex: Y 4
BDSM: Y 1
Slavery: Y 3
Monsters (Tentacles & Slimes & Likewise): Y 5
Roughness: 4

Then below this text, Faylin noticed another line that had not been present the first time through.

Additional Fetish? (Enter your own choice.) _____________________

Farren

Cthulhu
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Hmm... additional fetish? I guess I'll have to have a think on that. Deciding to leave everything alone for the time being, Faylin confirmed the options and went to load her game. More eager to get back into the fun than to play around right now.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The screen faded to black and after a moment of weightlessness, Faylin woke up naked and nestled between Abby and Geero, both of them sleeping soundly. Abby had a hand resting on Fay's belly while Geero had his legs and hips spooned against Fay's backside. It seemed a shame to disturb the moment, but in a few moments Abby opened her eyes and smiled, then turned onto her back and covered her mouth as she yawned.

"Mmm. Good," she muttered. "It's probably quite close to dawn. Dangerous for anyone with a spiral on their skins to be walking in the daytime, unless you're keen on being burned alive by a self-righteous paladin. We need to get to the Spiral soon. Be a dear and wake Geero."

Abby sat up and stretched, and Fay noticed a series of scars that ran across Abby's back like large red welts in a scattering of directions that had been hidden against the wall last night and kept out of her vision in the dungeon several hours ago.

Farren

Cthulhu
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Faylin enjoys the comfort of waking up between her two companions, shifting only a little as she wishes she could just rest like this for a while. She did have things to be doing though, as Abby was quick to remind her when she woke.

"Can't say I ever liked playing with fire," the mage quipped as she stretched out herself. Her eyes lingered on the scars on Abby's back, her mouth opening as if she were to say something, though she closed it again before she did. She probably wouldn't appreciate remembering what gave her those right now. For all I know it's what I'm off to do.

Deciding to ask her later, she instead rolls a little ways out of Geero's embrace, turning and running a hand down his chest a ways. If they weren't in a rush she might have considered a little fun, but that could wait until she had passed this test. She instead decides to give him a gentle shake, slowly increasing the force until he decides to wake up.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Geero appears to be a sound sleeper. Faylin's gentle shakes hardly stir him, and when she increased her efforts, Geero's adorably vulnerable sleeping face contorted in confusion and he began to mumble through the haze of some dream he was having.

"N-no... I swear she didn't do it. It was me. Oi... oi... PRICK!" Geero suddenly opened his eyes and shouted himself awake, much to the surprise of both Abby and Faylin, though the female slaver seemed to quickly recognize the problem.

"Hush, now," she said soothingly and walked over to him to stroke and massage his neck. Geero was staring around and about him, his eyes wide and uncomprehending, as if his surroundings were not as he expected them to be.

"It was just a dream love... just a dream," she patted him and cooed tenderly.

"A... a dream?" Geero said shakingly, "I suppose it was, and yet it seemed so real. No, not a dream I think. I see it clearer now. A memory. Hidden deep and unbidden. Out of the city."

"Hush, love. You're with your Abby. And Fay too, let's not scare our poor Fay. There is much in front of her, in front of us. Let's not waste time looking over our shoulders to the past. The present is busy enough."

Nodding numbly, Geero glanced at Fay. "Sorry if I startled you." Then he noticed the wetness at his lips and rubbed the corner of his mouth with his forearm. "And sorry again if I drooled on you," he said, a bit sheepishly.

The three companions returned to the front room and Abby and Fay got dressed again in their outfits, which had mended and reformed themselves into their original shape, just as Abby had said they would.

Geero peered out the front door and looked both ways. Affirming that the street outside was clear, he motioned for them both to follow, and so the three set off again. Geero in front with Abby and Fay walking side by side a few paces behind him.

Their journey took about 15 minutes, and Fay judged by the position of the moon above them that they were heading northeast. The golden rays of dawn were threatening to rise and blanket the lightening blue of the sky with a cheery yellow when at last they came to a large iron gate that barred across a steep staircase leading to a double doorway - the entrance to what seemed like an old arena.

"The Spiral used to be part of the old city's gladiator ring, where prisoners of war and fighting slaves were kept for the entertainment of the upper class," Abby explained as Geero unlatched the gate. "Now it is used for an equally fiendish purpose, but it serves different masters, and who is to say which ones are worse?"

Geero closed the gate behind them and as they were halfway down the stairs the double doors opened and two heavily armed men with shaved heads and spiral tattoos pointed wicked and crude spears at them.

"A slave for the Unders?" one of them asked when he recognized Geero and Abby.

"Possibly," said Abby, "This one's to walk the Spiral." And she indicated Fay with a raise of the chain that connected to the mage's choker.

The guards both looked at each other and grinned. "Is she now? And who shall I say is her sponsor?" asked the same guard as before, looking with lascivious eyes at Abby.

The female slaver turned to Fay and looked from her to Geero. "I'll leave the choice to you Faylin. Only one of us can be your sponsor and fight with you through the trials of the Spiral. The sponsor vouches for you and shares your fate if you should fail. If you win through, you'll be given the sigil and be safe to walk the city at night. If you fail, you'll be deemed a slave of the Spiral, and things will go poorer for us. Which of us do you want to be with you?"

Farren

Cthulhu
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Faylin edged back a bit at Geero's outburst, watching as Abby moved over to comfort him. Apparently they both had their own issues with the past, though Faylin had to wonder how much of this was for the purposes of the game. They seemed far too real for something that was supposed to be generated by a game, unless they really were this good at design. She didn't know and in a way she didn't want to.

She reached a hand out to trace Geero's cheek as a way of saying it was okay as she considered the pair. She'd never have imagined wanting to help the pair of slavers so much. They seemed enough like real people, maybe she should just think of them that way. I hope I get the chance to help them both..

Still, as Abby said, she had other things to worry about right now. Following along and getting dressed, she just hoped that she wouldn't disappoint her friends in this upcoming trial.

When they arrived at the arena, Fay' tried to settle herself. The guards didn't look very inviting, but she'd expected no less. She kept quiet during the conversation, the gravity of the event clear to her. The offered choice wasn't an easy one to make, both Abby and Geero seemed to rely on each other so much that she'd hate to have anything happen to either one of them. Considering the situation though she nodded to Abby before turning to Geero.

"I'd like to go with Abby, I'll keep her safe, I promise." She had no intention of letting either of them suffer for helping her. While she'd certainly come to see Geero in a better light, she wanted to be with the one who had trusted her originally. She wanted to show that her faith hadn't been misplaced.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Geero nodded. "Can't say I blame you for that. Don't worry, I'll be watching. If something does go wrong, I'll do my best to help when I can."

Abby turned and stared wryly at the two guards who had overheard Abby's choice and were grinning approvingly. "Well, you heard her," said Abby. "Look's like you'll get a decent show, won't you? Now hurry off to the keeper and let him know."

One of the guards stayed with them while the other retreated into the darkness beyond the doors. After a few minutes he returned and nodded to the other guard, who stepped back and let them pass. The dawn had come as they waited, and Faylin turned back one last time to see the sun's rays shining before the door closed shut and only the torchlight of the arena dungeon was left to her.

The small party followed the guards as they led them down a ramp hallway that wound constantly to the right in a large circle. Many doors went off to the side, but eventually they passed through an iron portcullis and the doors became instead iron cell gates that led to holding pens that must have once housed wretched gladiator slaves.

A wide circular chamber opened up before them and in the middle was a raised desk, where an old man with a withered pock-marked face sat holding a large quill, jotting down notes on an old scroll of parchment. Gathered around him was a decent crowd of folk, some guards dressed in the same manner as those at the door, others dressed more like Geero and Abby (and a bit like Fay herself, the young mage reminded herself). Everyone seemed to be sporting a spiral tattoo on their heads making them seem like some sort of punk gang or cult. A slaving guild, to be precise, Fay thought.

"Abby o' the Market, and Germaine the Only Child, come to collect, I'd imagined, until Kharl told me differently," the old man croaked malignantly, his hand not stopping in its scribbling. "Name the applicant. The sponsorship is known."

"Her name is Fay," Abby said, boldly, and with a fierce and determined look in her eyes. Something told Faylin that Abby held no fondness for the man before her.

"And her crime?" the man asked.

"None,' came the reply.

"Born in the old city? or a believer fallen from grace?" the old man arched a brow.

"Neither."

The old man paused and looked hard at Abby, then turned to Fay. "How came you to be here, wench?"

Farren

Cthulhu
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Fay nodded to Geero with a smile, even if she wasn't too happy with how the guards were viewing her choice. She would have to put up with this for the time being though, she had to play by their rules for the time being. Leaving the sun behind she felt something of a chill, wondering just how dark a path she was going to walk to reach her goals.

She choose to keep quiet when they entered the chamber, taking into account just how many people there were here. It seemed there was a good organisation, making her wonder just how possible it'd be for her to fight anything going on in this city. She shook her head a little, trying to focus on what was before her. If she didn't pass this challenge she wasn't going to have much of a future it seemed.

"I entered the city out of curiosity, not of faith." She wasn't about to try to explain that she'd just appeared. Besides they'd probably think her some foolish child this way, which might at least lead them to underestimate her.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Fay's answer certainly attracted many derisive titters and chuckles from the crowd of slavers, but the old man was one of a few who did not smile. If anything the answer made him more suspicious.

"Fay the Foolish then, until a more apt name become apparent," the man croaked again, and then scribbled another line on his scroll. "Take her to the scales, weigh and measure her. She is dressed for the trial I see. Then we shall not delay. You and your sponsor shall enter the Spiral and shall make your way to the center, where you will find the keys to your collars."

As he said this, two guards came to stand behind Fay and Abby, and Fay's choker was removed and replaced with a larger studded binding with an iron eye latch attached to it, which was secured with a large padlock that rested heavily in front of her breast bone.

"Only slaves walk the Spiral. Both of you shall be slaves unless you free yourselves. To fail in this task shall be proof that the Queen of the Deep does not favor you, and you shall be fit only to serve her as chattel. So it is decreed. Prove yourselves skilled and worthy to stand with us and rule the Old City in Her name."

So Fay and Abby were roughly hauled off and were placed on large scales and measured for height and weight and proportion, their information read aloud and transcribed onto a scroll, as if they were products of inventory waiting to be shipped.

Then they were led to a large portcullis on the far side of the chamber, and on either side of this were two doors that the crowd - Geero among them - filed through. When on the other side of the iron gate, they saw that there was space in the stonework of the walls on either side for the crowd to observe them as they walked slowly downwards along the spiraling ramp.

"The first of nine challenges awaits you, came the voice of the old man," fail to defeat them outright more than three times, and your freedom is forfeit!"

To this an echoing, mocking laughter came from the men and a few women in the crowd whose eyes peered at them through the holes in the wall.

"Don't worry, we can do it my pet." Abby said confidently.

They journeyed down the slope and arrived at a widening chamber, and there they saw before them a large pool of blue goo that wiggled and churned itself as if alive.

------------
Challenge 1
Slime 4/4 (immune to entanglement)
Fay 5/5, AP 0/10, MP 4/4 (Status: Magic 1, known spells Cone of Web (2MP))
Abby 6/6, AP 0/10, (Status: Whip Expertise 2, Dodger 2)

Farren

Cthulhu
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Faylin gauged the reactions of those around her, noting that the man seemed to be the only one not finding her response amusing. He was sharp, she'd have to work on fleshing out a back story that sounded believable later on.

She was compliant with those handling her, despite how humiliating the process was. Hopefully this would not be anything she'd be repeating any time soon. She was almost glad when they were left to make their way down the ramp, more than ready to show them all what she could do.

"Mistress Abby is trusting the foolish one? I'll be sure she doesn't regret that choice," Fay' smiles back. She'd not back down from whatever they decided to throw at them. She just hoped her confidence wasn't misplaced.

"Huh, doesn't look like much of a challenge," the mage remarked upon seeing the mass of goo. Setting straight about attacking it with a bolt of energy from her wand.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The slime leaped with amazing agility and stuck to the side wall dangerosly close to one of the holes, producing a shout from a nearby onlooker. Swiftly a shield covered the hole the slime was closest to, to prevent it from escaping the trial.

"Don't underestimate the slimes, they're quicker and smarter than they look, especially the big ones." She lashed out with the barb of her whip and snapped a chunk off of the wobbly jelly, before it sprung at them again and splatted onto Fay, taking her down to the ground. Instantly she felt a wave of arousal hit her as the slime's body coated her exposed skin with its aphrodisiacs. She heard whooping and mass approval from the crowd as she was slowly engulfed.

----------
Slime 3/4 (engulfing Fay)
Fay 4/5, AP 1/10, MP 4/4 (Engulfed, -1 attack/defense rolls)
Abby 6/6

Farren

Cthulhu
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Fay gives a cry of surprise as she finds the slime on top of her, especially thanks to the feeling it's sending through her body. She quickly tries to struggle out of it, determined to do more than let a slime have it's way with her.

"Get off you, stupid slimey... slime thing!" She snaps as she tries to get out before it can cover her further.