Faylin (Farren)

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Faylin (Farren)

"I see..." the man's voice was altogether neutral in its tone. "It is a rather broad oath to make... we might forgive you for not agreeing to it. Then we shall alter it. Do you agree to pledge loyalty to the Queen? To defend her sovereignty against those who would displace her? You need obey no order unless it be given by her royal decree."

Farren

Cthulhu
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"That would still leave my life out of my hands," Faylin replies, doing her best to keep herself as neutral as she could manage. "Considering what happens to humans not working for the queen, I can't be sure my life would be in safe hands for it's duration. No deal."

Well, he was willing to negotiate, though she doubted they'd not much enjoy humans running around without a betray and die deal hanging over their heads.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Ah. Then you are like so many others, wishing to pass this trial only in name so that you can simply survive on the streets above. Did you know that your sponsor beside you has made an oath of loyalty to the Queen? Does that change your mind?" The voice had some small emotion now, amusement perhaps.

Around her feet, Fay began to feel the pressure of something pressing up against her boots in the dark.

Farren

Cthulhu
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"It does not," Faylin responded, as she squeezed Abby's hand reassuringly. " My life is mine, if I see value in serving your queen it will be my choice, not the bound of some oath that compels me too."

She kicked a little at whatever was pressing up against her boots. She guessed he was at the end of how far he was willing to go. She just hoped those others that went through solely to survive had actually done just that.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Stubborn, aren't you?" the voice continued. "Yet unafraid of what lies in the dark? Very good. You pass that test. Only fools, cowards and slaves will give their loyalty away for nothing."

Faylin felt tendrils in the dark slipping past her and around her, every now and again their icy touch slipped against her bare flesh. She was surrounded by things unseen.

"We will make you a bargain then," the voice said. "A fair trade... for we want you, Faylin. The Deep desires you. You could gain control over the shadows and the night... you have the potential to be a powerful dark sorceress. Will you support the Queen in exchange for our knowledge and power? Join us willingly and become one of us, an equal to all save the Queen, and to her you should be a trusted and beloved subject. Kneel to her and be granted her favor. You shall be powerful and Abby shall stand by your side."

Farren

Cthulhu
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Fay' was relieved to feel whatever had been brushing over her retreat, it was quite clear that any fighting in this chamber was going to be unlike that in the previous challenges. It was also nice to hear the offers become more tempting, though she had no desire to jump into anything all the same.

"And what of my will if I agree to this, will I still be bound on forfeit of my life?" she asks, knowing that an agreement like that, power or not, would make it hard for her to do anything but serve.

"You may promise power, though I'm still left with vague terms and words that are open to interpretation. You very much hold all the cards here, am I to believe I'm truly so special as to receive such an offer?"

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Human mages that come to the Spiral are rare," the male voice says. "And only females may learn the gifts of the Deep Magic of which the Queen has gained mastery. Sorceresses of my race have no choice but to bow to the Queen - for it is the only way they can gain mastery, and thus the highest respect and power. As a human, you can either willingly submit to the Queen to learn... or..."

He paused, as if considering.

"...or you could appeal to the Deep itself."

The coiling darkness returned suddenly, and began wrapping around her again, rubbing against her, but it was not tight, it was as if the darkness about her was caressing her.

"We are not alone in this room," the man said. "The Deep Magic is strong here. I cannot wield it, but its thoughts are clear to me now... It has desired you since you strode in. Perhaps you could be strong enough to take it inside of you? If you are, then you could be your own master, and learn its secrets by journeying... Very interesting. I have never seen it so eager. You could become quite great. You only need let yourself take the Deep within you, and you could have its power."

Farren

Cthulhu
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Fay' listened to the man's words, feeling the tendrils return. Their soft caresses perhaps more worrying than their previous appearance. She had no guarantee that the man's words rang true, in fact this may well be another test. If it was truly an offer though, to master the power herself, that seemed like the best way to prepare for what the future might hold.

"The offer for training is certainly a fair one, however I've never been a good student. I'll respectfully decline, though please, feel free to pass on my thanks for the generosity."

She moved her free hand, brushing it against whatever was around her, while giving a firm squeeze to Abby's hand. She doubted her choice was the safer one, the offer would have probably kept her fairly well in this world. She just hoped she had the will to face down whatever this magic was and claim it for her own.

"I will be my own master. If the deep wishes to grant me the strength to be so, then I will accept it as a part of myself."

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"So be it." the man's voice said. "Come then Abby, step away for a moment."

"It... it won't hurt her, will it?" Abby said, as though she were familiar with the voice with which Faylin had been conversing.

"No. I very much doubt it, now come stand by me. You have done well to bring her here, Abby."

"Yes... master," the last word came out slowly, but there was kindness in it, not spite or anger.

Meanwhile the coils of darkness began to rub against Fay now, all along her body, sending shivers of cold running up and down her spine. The shadow tendrils that she felt were not icy, but cool enough to cause her flesh to prickle and her nipples to harden and press against the witch leather. Then the tendrils began to press against her more sensitive points, and Faylin became aware that the creatures apparently intended to turn her on and... well... the thought of what they would do next was not hard to guess. Images of being in carnal union with the darkness surrounding her began to pop into her mind. She could tell that the tendrils were being gentle with her however... far more gentle than they could be.

Farren

Cthulhu
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Faylin shivered a little at the loss of Abby's touch, feeling the darkness pressing against her more fondly. The chill of the darkness around her was a little different than she was used to, but it seemed to be fairly pleasant. She could certainly imagine worse as she shifted a little against the caressing tendrils, though she made no moves to back away. She had pretty much assumed this was what had been meant by taking it inside herself.

At least I won't be putting on a show for anyone and I have been a little curious...

She moved slowly in the darkness, not wanting to seem hostile to the things surrounding her. Her hands moved slowly to brush against what was around her, trying to picture what was rubbing up against her. When she felt the tendrils prodding against her more sensitive areas she arched a little against the touches.

"Just be careful with the clothes please, they were a gift." She whispers, not having any clue if it could understand her. The young mage's hands moving to shift her clothes around enough to expose herself to what was around her. She didn't want to loose track of her clothes, so she moved them what she considered would be enough room for the tendrils to do what they seemed to want to.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Anticipating the shadow's desire, Faylin dropped her clothes out of the way and let the cool tendrils brush against her bare sensitive skin. From what her body could tell, it seemed as if the very air around her had become a living miasma of shadow, she could feel movement in the very breaths that she took - tiny sensations on her tongue, a slight parting of her lips that she had not intended - and the sensations at her ass and nethers began to grow warmer as concentrated bulges of darkness rubbed and pressed against her.

She continued to warm to their touch, and it wasn't long before her body responded naturally to the rubbing and squeezing and caressing. Her lips were parted more forcibly at one point and she felt a tendril shadow pour into her mouth and into her throat. It thrust in an out of her for a few moments, and as it did, she felt a coolness rise inside her body. Then her two lower holes were parted and filled with shadow as well. They took her gently, going slowly and making certain that she was in relative comfort and gaining pleasure from it all. Excess tendrils held her body and limbs steady while the three main appendages slid into her, occasionally each would pour a bit of itself into her body, but after feeling a cool coating for a few seconds on her inner walls or throat or bowels, the feeling would dissipate rapidly.

Finally, when she was most comfortable and in the midst of her passion, the tendrils sped up their pace dramatically. She felt a pinch at each of her nipples as well, and realized that tiny tendrils seemed to be pressing into them like needles and she could feel the coolness entering her breasts even as the sensation drove her further towards her climax.

The force of the tendrils fucking her became very active and she found herself raised completely off the ground and her body bucking vigorously from the pounding, which because she had been eased into it perfectly was feeling amazing. At last, Faylin's body tightened and she felt the floodgates give way, her nectar oozing inside of her and spraying a small amount out between her legs as she shuddered. Then as her climax was coming to its crescendo, the shadows gave one final thrust and then in a blinding flash, the darkness of the room flooded into her completely, filling her body with a coolness and bathing the room in light, which appeared from torches that had apparently been lit the entire time.

As she was deposited on the floor in a heap, she saw Abby across the room, her body pressed tight against the arms of what she assumed from the way he was built and shaped was a drow, or dark elf. His skin was black with gray highlights, his eyes red with black pupils, and his hair was silver, and bound in a ponytail. His ears, in elf fashion, were long and pointed, an had several piercings where golden rings were set. He wore only a dark breast plate with the silver emblem of a spider etched in the front, a long embroidered black and silver loincloth, and thigh high black leather boots. A sword in its sheath was at one side, while a long whip was coiled on the other.

Fay feels that something has changed in side of her. A coldness is there, a numbness, as if the shadows had become a part of her. Her skin seemed darker than it had been before... and she had gained some knowledge...

------------
Faylin learned Summon Shadow Tendril level 1 (Summons a shadow tentacle to fight beside you (treated as tentacle) Cost: 1MP)

Faylin learned Shadow Sight (Allows her to see perfectly in the dark - can be blinded by sudden light while in use, Cost: 1MP, lasts for "one area/dungeon or scene, can be turned off for free."

Faylin has gained a vulnerability to Holy or Light based magic.

Faylin has gained resistance to Unholy or Dark/Deep Magic.

Farren

Cthulhu
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Fay' shivered a little as the tendrils were able to brush over the rest of her body, the sensations were strange at first but she began to enjoy how different it was. No doubt this was helped by their slow pace, something she certainly appreciated when they finally pressed into her. She was soon moaning quite happily around the one thrusting into her mouth and throat, the gentle caresses having built up a good deal of pleasure already.

She gasped around the one in her mouth when the others finally thrust inside her. Moaning happily at the penetration, she started to arch and press against the tendrils as best she could. Being surrounded by whatever this was seemed to only add to the sensation, and not being able to see left her mind to wonder about what it must actually look like. The coolness of it was so different, and each little bit of it that lingered inside her made her shiver and squirm happily.

When the tendrils finally picked up their pace she was more than ready to be taken, her body aching for more than just the slow motions. She moaned more readily around the tendril in her mouth, shivering in pleasure and need. Feeling the pinch at her nipples made her gasp, but soon enough having the cool sensation at her breasts just had her moaning louder.

O-okay... their monsters are good. It was hard to really think of anything but the pleasure quickly building inside her. The feeling of being lifted from the ground as the tendrils sped up only pushed her closer to her approaching climax, and she was loving every moment of it. She bucked back against the tendrils as best she could, wanting to drive them deeper, wanting whatever else they had at this point. To think living shadows would be so good to her. Finally it was all too much, the knot of pleasure inside her exploding through her senses and making her shudder in pleasure. She moaned lewdly, her body tightening on the tendrils in her nethers as she shivered in pure pleasure.

It took her a few moments to realise the tendrils had gone and another couple to notice that she could see in the chamber now. She took a few moments to carefully replace her clothing, feeling the odd numbness inside her. It felt like she'd gained in power, even having a sense of a few more uses for her magic. She could almost swear her skin was darker too. She smiled a little, guess that she'd passed since she still seemed able to think. I wonder how long it'll play nice though.

Faylin finally pulled herself to her feet, a little unsteady at first but otherwise managing. She cast her eyes over the drow and shifted a little, having to wonder what his motives were in all this.

"Well that was... different," she comments, "I guess I passed?"

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"It wasn't about passing," the drow said. "It was about choice. I believe you have chosen wisely."

He appraised her body with approving eyes. Abby was also captivated, and moved over to her, placing her hands on Fay's shoulder and cheek.

"She's cold... is she one of you now, Vael?"

"No, she is still quite human, and she always shall be unless some other force gets involved," the drow named Vael said. "She is now shadow-touched. Further communion with greater spirits of the Deep will increase her powers. And she will have to seek them out... for the Queen of the Deep does not suffer a sorceress to range freely within her realm. Fortunately for you, Faylin, I am not oathsworn to hand you over to her or out you to others who would. But the change in you is obvious, and that scribe will report it to his superiors, who will be able to ascertain that you have not sworn loyalty to the Queen. Then the hunt for you will be on. You have chosen freedom, but you must defend your right to be free."

Abby's eyes widened and she shot Vael a look. "Then she cannot complete the Spiral without..."

"... being discovered, that is correct." Vaeil finished Abby's thought for her. "There is another path however, that you might disappear into... You'd have to leave Geero behind, but you two could make it out into the Undercity tunnels. In this way, you might keep your secret for a while longer - though you would both be considered escaped slaves. Or you could just complete the Spiral as planned, but expect to be discovered and detained in short order."

Vael eyed Faylin. "Again, another choice."

Farren

Cthulhu
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Faylin nodded to the man's words, moving a hand to Abby's shoulder and giving her a reassuring smile. She listened to the two converse while she mulled over the choice in her own mind. If they ran, they'd have at least a partial element of surprise and they'd have some time. Though they'd leave Geero. If they tried to complete things she'd be found out quicker.

"Would I be able to acquire the Spiral even if I complete the test now? I don't want to leave Geero behind, but if the trial is now pointless it doesn't make sense to continue with it." She commented, talking aloud as she thought on the issue. There was no guarantee they'd be able to avoid being found out for very long either way.

"Abby, how badly do I need the Spiral? I don't think continuing would be a good idea unless I really need it. There are a lot of them up there, and I imagine they'd get a nice reward for turning me in." Fay' looked away a little, not expecting Abby to want to leave Geero behind regardless.

"I could escape by myself, you could say I turned on you and made my escape. If that would keep you and Geero from suspicion, I can meet up with you outside. There was a house near where you found me, some old guy named Jerry lives there. It's the only place I really know of in the city that I could offer as a meeting point." It was a long shot, but if Abby thought it might work then it'd mean she was the only one being hunted.

Fay squeezes her mistress' shoulder a little harder, looking between her and the drow, wondering what the pair thought.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Abby shook her head. "No, once I vouched for you and joined you in the Spiral, my fate becomes tied to yours. I'll go with you. Geero... we'll find him later, I'm sure of it. I thought the Spiral would keep you safe but I didn't know this would happen... or that Vael would be here."

She looked at the drow, who merely shrugged. "Chance favors the resistance today. If you both leave, I shall tell the scribe that the Deep took the both of you for itself. He may see past the ruse, or he may not. But in either case, you will both have a head start. Fay, this is very important, if you only run, you will eventually be caught. If you are to overcome, you must seek to uncover the Deep secrets on your own. You must find the Greater Spirits of the Deep and commune with them as you have done here. Most lurk beneath the city, but they are guarded by powerful drow sorceresses or other beasts. There is one captured spirit that I know of... it is above ground, trapped within a sarcophagus within the Church. Seek it out."

Vael led them out the door that they had entered, back tracking to the room where the priestess and the mimic had been. The lowered floor tile was still there. "Slip through here and find the switch in the room below to activate another exit. Find your way through the tunnels back to the Old City."

Farren

Cthulhu
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Then we'll come back for him as soon as we can. I don't like the odds right now but if they are out hunting for us it should make it easier to try a rescue later if that's what is comes to." Faylin promises, not about to leave Geero alone any longer than she had too. She was quite sure she'd need all the help she could get anyway. She followed the drow's lead, staying close to Abby as they went.

"Thank you Vael, I'll be sure to keep Abby safe." She give the drow a smile before following his directions, eager to get moving. She wasn't exactly expecting the drow to be free of ulterior motives but for now at least she'd seek out more power. She wasn't going to have much of a choice if she wanted to remain free it seemed.

I wonder if they left the mimic here... if I can rescue that priestess and she's not intent on killing me it might help with getting into the church.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Faylin and Abby dropped down into the chamber below. It was very dark in here, and cold as well. Vael handed them a glowing gemstone from his pocket, which glowed an eerie green, but gave them both enough light to see by.

"Good luck," he said, and then he disappeared from sight.

Looking around with the aid of the gemstone, Faylin saw that there was not one but eight different chests in this room, all lined up against the walls or in the corners. Each chest seemed to be sitting on a stone tile that looked similar to the one that had led from above, indicating that the way down to the next level must be beneath one of the chests. But which one? Also, it was likely that at least one of these chests was a mimic who was currently violating that priestess.

Abby frowned. "One of these is a real chest and a switch for the way out. The others are mimics... and they know we're here. I've not been in this room before, but Geero has. I think he told me the way out was in a corner..."

She looked at Faylin. "But you're thinking of that priestess girl, aren't you? Mimics aren't that difficult, but if we guess wrong too many times, we might wear ourselves out fighting them, and we don't want to be delayed too much. Mind you, we can't just hack at them indiscriminately, if we hit the real chest we might damage the mechanism that opens our only way out of here."

--------------
Chests are numbered 1 - 8. Odd chests are in the corners, even chests are up against a single wall. Indicate what number you're choosing to open.

Farren

Cthulhu
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"If she will at least talk to us, maybe even hear us out, it might be useful getting into the church." Fay explained her thinking out loud, though she then shook her head and smiled. "Even if she doesn't want to help... I can't leave her in here after putting her here."

She looks around at the assorted chests, wondering which to start with. There wasn't really any indication to give a hint to the exit and even knowing that it might be in a corner gave them a one in four chance for the moment. After a few moments of thought she pulled on some of her magical essence, reciting some words she'd heard when the shadows had entered her. She summons a tendril of shadow.

With the new little companion, she will direct it to open chest five, wanting to see if the creature could manage the task.

"We'll find the exit then look for the priestess. If we know where our escape route is we can leave at any time," Fay tells Abby, "Even if it means we leave without her." Hopefully it wouldn't come to that.

For now though she readied her wand in case the tendril was successful in revealing a mimic. If the beast lashed out at the two of them she'd attack it, if it only dealt with the tendril they might save themselves the energy.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Faylin concentrates and begins to work her magic. Instinctively, she realizes that the Deep Magic she wields is staggeringly different from the magic she uses to form her Web spell. Calling on the Deep Magic was a strain on her reserves of will in the same manner, but instead of drawing mystical energy from the external world around her, forming the shadow tendril required Faylin to touch the darkness that had pooled within her and bring it out. She felt the ice cold touch of the darkness as it welled up and passed through her body, lancing out to touch the natural shadows of the room, and animating the one of her choosing to life in the form of a long sinuous tentacle.

Once in solid form, the tendril sneaked out and flipped the latch on the fifth chest, causing it to burst to life as a pool of aqua goo swiped at the tendril with long slime tentacles of its own.

The summoned tendril instinctively ducked out of the way and then lanced at the slime with its suddenly sharp looking tip, slicing through it and part of the chest. The mimic gave a pained cry and pulled its lid shut.

Abby's voice hummed and then said, "Be careful, my Fay. It knows we're here. When its lid is shut it's nigh impossible to harm a mimic, but now that we've opened it, it is not safe to ignore it completely."

---------
Mimic (5): 2/3 (Lid Shut)
Faylin 5/5, AP 0/10, MP 4/5 DP 1/?? ((DP stands for Deep Point, it comes from using Deep Magic. Further research must be done to discover what its effects are.))
Abby 6/6, AP 0/10
Shadow Tendril 2/2

Farren

Cthulhu
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Fay' shuddered at the strange sensations of using her new magic, having to wonder just what kind of toll it would cause on her body. The darkness inside her, if it grew with each collection of power, would it?

I shouldn't think like that. If I'm careful I'll be fine. She had already assumed there would be consequences to taking the dark magic. Her life here wasn't so important though was it, all she had to do was collect the power to beat the boss. It was just a game. If something happened to her though, would Abby?

The mimics attack snapped her back to her senses. Her head shaking a little as she dispelled her thoughts. No time for all that now.

"Then I guess we kill it and try the next one. I think we can overwhelm it if we strike it at the same time." Faylin offers with a smile, preparing to bolt the beast when it opened again. She commands the tendril to flip the lid, hoping to have it draw the brunt of the attack. If that doesn't work however she'll move to entice it out herself.