What's new

For honor and glory!(AustNailo, Tassadar, ranger, thetwo) GMed by Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
The orcs were finally gone. A half-starved horde of the green-skinned warriors had launched a desperate attack against the remote village of Guardhill that stood near the crolian border, no doubt driven to attack by the harsh winter that seemed to be finally releasing its icy fingers on the Badarian side of the border. Well over 200 well-organized orcs had just a week prior launched a surprise attack against the walls, nearly getting over them on the first attempt with the help of their magic-users and only a desperate fight had pushed them back. Stopping them hadn't gotten any easier with the subsequent attempts, as the accursed shamans had managed to collapse part of the wall, and after a week of fighting, a decisive counterattack had slain most of the shamans, finally scattering the remains of the warband. Even as most of the town celebrated, some of the soldiers had been dispatched to make sure that the orcs truly were scattered.

Five strangers, however, had stood above the others when the fighting began, and it was only with their efforts that the first attack had been repelled before breaching the walls, and they had spearheaded the assault to slay the orcish shamans. Now the five - an exotic looking su-ku-ta warrior with a challenge on her lips for any that thought to take advantage of her beauty; a scarred mercenary with blonde hair and a heavy sword hanging on her back; a tall amazon-woman with obvious air of authority around her despite her worn breastplate and blade; a silver-haired elf standing proud with weapons hanging from her back; and a battle-hardened man wearing masterfully crafted plate-armor and showing obvious signs of dragonic descend - are standing before the lord of this land - a young man with idealistic glint in his eyes and a bloody bandage tied across his arm who is just finishing his speech praising their bravery and skill at arms: "-and so I have decided to grant you a boon. Name your price; if it is within my power, it shall be granted to you."

Last edited:

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: For honor and glory!(AustNailo, Tassadar, ranger, thetwo) GMed by Hentaispider

Totally forgot to put my armor on my sheet. Whoops. It's in there now.

Also, I highly recommend the trick Termite uses for dem status spoilers, which is to include links to the individual character sheets. Its saved me a ton of work since I adopted it.

Also also, I'm pretty sure this is yon opportunity to request land and shit for a headquarters, but Chocolat wouldn't realistically think of that and would also probably think that his offer was individual, so someone should go ahead and do that if they think it'd be what their character would do. Otherwise, I guess we could leave it up to yon NPC.

Chocolat stood solemnly in line with the other four, a group that she knew little about but had come to respect greatly each as individuals for their skill at arms and for their honorable natures. They'd been tested in battle together more than once in the last few weeks, and each had displayed great skill on par with her own. She didn't know any of them particularly well yet, at least not as a person, and in truth had remained largely aloof from the others during their stay so far. The agile knight hadn't adjusted as well to the life that she'd led since she'd been forced from her home mentally as she had physically, and though she felt the kinship that any who went into battle together, she hadn't ever allowed anyone to get close to her on any sort of emotional level.

She had traveled alone across the endless wastes of her desert home, a harshness that she'd never before been truly exposed to that had very nearly killed her more than once. After that, she had wandered across Badaria, finding it in better shape than her homeland (a fact that had somewhat embittered her) but still assailed by the foul creatures from the sky. The knight had fought often, and fought hard against them, both for her own satisfaction and to maintain her own honor, but she'd never felt as if she was making much headway. When she'd come upon Guardhill and seen its enemies, orcs rather than aliens, she'd been surprised and disappointed to find that the invaders were not the only threat, and though she'd never seen one of the green-skins from the great North before, her home being on the opposite side of the continent from theirs, she'd quickly come to despise the creatures for their opportunistic assault.

Broken from her inner ruminations by the words of the young human lord that ruled the village she'd helped to save, Chocolat remained silent. She knew exactly what she wanted to ask for, but also knew that it was well beyond what the man was capable of. Besides, she was curious as to what her allies would request from the young lord, and perhaps what they said would inspire her to think of something for herself.

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: For honor and glory!(AustNailo, Tassadar, ranger, thetwo) GMed by Hentaispider

Ahdeah had only been passing through the area when the orcs had attacked the settlement. Never one to pass up those in need Ahdeah had quickly joined in the defense of the town and resulting counter attack that had seemed to break the orcish assault for good. It had been such a desperate fight that she had little time to actually know who she had been fighting alongside of.

Focusing on the words of the young noble Ahdeah pondered the offer. She had little need for many things after all she was simply seeing the world and helping those in need so all she needed was a little coin to keep food in her belly and a roof over her head. Though asking for coin seemed to be to much like she was a mercenary so she held her tongue.

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Terra half expected one of the others to ask for money, or a pardon for past crimes. Most of her previous companions and coworkers would have. It was the mercenary way, anything else would be unreasonable. But those days were behind her. Coming to the defense of Guardhill had only been the start. She had proved to herself that she could fight even when it seemed hopeless and she wasn't being paid, and she wasn't going to run away from those in need ever again. And her companions seemed of a similar mind.

But she couldn't really think of anything worthy to ask. That the lord continue his steadfast leadership in the defense against the Orcs seemed insulting. He had done so without their prodding, even taking an injury himself, and there was no reason why he shouldn't continue to. A position in his army or guard... it might be a step up, but it felt like that was the wrong direction. Limiting. This was just one small city, part of something greater. Even if Badaria wasn't whole, it was still part of the world. Maybe that would be the way to go. He would defend his people without help, but if he could be persuaded into doing something that would help the entire world...

Terra couldn't think of anything within his power that would qualify. At least not yet. Perhaps it would come later. And since none of her companions seemed to be speaking up, she did. "We were proud to stand beside you in defense of Guardhill and its people. I can think of nothing that we require at the moment that others here don't need more. Perhaps if this changes in the future you will remember our service."

Aust_Nailo

Tentacle God
Reputation score

And to think, the only thing she was doing in town was resupplying herself for the next leg of her long, long journey. Being an exile basically meant you were on permanent vacation. Except you never got a chance to relax, the food was terrible, and you were always walking. Ok so maybe it was the exact opposite of a vacation, but that really didn't matter now! What started as a short stay in another town turned into a mission to defend the people from an orc attack. Despite her Amazonian roots, she did live fairly close to Crolia and she learned alot about the orcs, even fighting them once or twice. Heck, she even adapted the fighting style of the nation. It was why she was exiled in the first place.

Not one to leave the people of the town, Alicia was quick to jump to the towns aid, even fighting along side some rather odd characters, including a cat woman, an elf, and some dragon born person. To say it was an odd experience was an odd battle wouldn't even be the most accurate description. But they now stood before the noble lord of the land being recognized for their excellent service in combat. Easy to praise those that stood out. The five of them stuck out like sore thumbs. " Well, I can think of a little something. A feast. And not just for us. For all who served in battle. Its the job of the remaining warriors to honor those that fell in battle. Give them one last salute before they journey to the lands beyond. "

While she may have held some authority and rank back home, the woman had no issue speaking plainly or being blunt. She may have fought in the Crolian style, her attitude and mannerisms were Amazonian through and through.

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

The dragonic man regards his companions silently as they speak, before turning back towards the lord: "It is with humbleness that I accept this honor you have given to us, my lord. Yet it would disrespectful to ask for just any price; therefore I too must ask for some time to think about it. Perhaps after the Amazonian's feast we will have better answers for you." he booms with a loud voice that echoes around the hall in rich bass-tones.

The lord seems to consider the requests for a moment. "Tomorrow, then. The scouts should return by tomorrow eve, and we shall have a grand feast celebrating our victory over the filthy orcs and to honour those who died to save us - and those who lived. Consider as long as you like: there's no need to fear that our gratitude should be forgotten." Giving the group a small bow, the lord turns to address an elderly servant who seems better dressed than the others.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The boons asked by the others offered Chocolat no insight into what she might ask for, and while the words of the woman in the heaviest armor out of the four of them.... Terra, wasn't it? They might have held true to her own opinion on the matter as well, but it wasn't in the su-ku-ta's mindset to perform such a dangerous service without some sort of reward in it, even if she didn't explicitly ask for it when she'd jumped into the fighting in the first place.

The idea of a feast was both exciting and slightly intimidating. She hadn't been to anything of the sort in what felt like a lifetime, and didn't know enough about Badarian culture to say whether her official attire was acceptable here. She supposed that she could ask, but her quiet nature made it difficult, and given that the others all seemed to be human it was difficult for the su-ku-ta to tell which of them was Badarian and which were from somewhere else. Feeling that the lord had dismissed them after his bow, which she returned, Chocolat looked to her comrades for a moment and frowned, trying to pick one out as Badarian.

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ahdeah smiled and bowed slightly her hand in a fist over her heart as the lord went about his duties. She had been itching to get out of her warplate for some time. Removing her protective circlet releaved some of her discomfort but in all actuality only a bath would ease her muscles and help her relax. Looking about she waited for the lord to finish speaking with his servant before approaching the man as well and asking about a bath house and lodging.

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

She had to agree that a feast sounded like a good idea. Terra didn't really like getting into that sort of thing too often - she was more at home in a battle then in a ballroom - but a chance to relax would be welcome after what they had been through recently. And with that, the audience seemed to be over.

She turned to her companions. It seemed likely that they would drift apart after the feast, with nothing to hold them together. That seemed a little unfortunate, given how successful they had been working together, but there was little that called for their combined talents. But that wouldn't happen until later. For now... the su-ku-ta woman looked uncertain, and was scanning the blonde woman and her companions as if looking for something.

"Looking forward to the feast... Chocolat?" It wasn't so much that the name was difficult to remember, but it might take some practice to say it without sounding incredulous. It wasn't her fault what her parents had named her.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Errr..." Chocolat was a little bit surprised to be approached so, and given that the woman had remembered her name while her own mind was momentarily going blank, the su-ku-ta knight panicked slightly. "Yes... I suppose it'll be.... Nice to relax... After, you know..." What was her name? She'd been fighting beside the blond woman for days now.... Think! She'd seen her use magic, earth magic to be precise, but what was she... Terry? Tina? Definitely a T-something name.... "I was actually wondering, uhhh...."

What was it? T-something.... Tora, Tandy..... "Terra!" she exclaimed excitedly, though she quickly tried to banish her glee at having remember the other warrior's name without having to ask. "Are you.... From here? I've been in this country for over a year now, but I haven't been to any formal occasions until now. I need to know if the outfit that I have is.... Acceptable, in your culture. For one of my standing, I mean."

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Yes, I grew up in Badaria." Terra had spent most of her life in Badaria and Crolia. And if it came down to it, she didn't know what was considered acceptable formalwear in Shry-Kuth-Lus. Or had been considered acceptable. She probably would have just worn the same dress she would wear in Badaria, but if the Su-Ku-Ta woman was nervous about it, it wouldn't cost Terra anything to help. "What outfit do you have, then?"

Aust_Nailo

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The Amazon warrior beamed with pride as she heard the lord go along with her idea. It filled her with even more pride as she heard others agree with her. For the first time in a few years, someone was agreeing with her ideas. Sometimes, Lady Luck has a way of smiling upon you and today just happened to be Alicia's day. Her comrades dispersing, she saw that a few of them had gone to do their own things, as if trying to figure out how to best plan the rest of their day. Alicia then noticed the Badarian and the Su-ku-ta discussing...something. Stepping closer, the Amazon was able to make out some parts of the discussion and from the sounds of it, it involved the what to wear for tomorrow.

Feeling she needed to inject her two cents, she interjected."From one warrior to another, the best attire to a feast, especially ones for fallen brethren of battle, is to wear the same attire of battle. That way, their spirits will recognize their brothers in arms and know the feast is for them. At least that's how it was in my old home. My village had very...peculiar traditions, but I enjoyed them. Death was never an end. Just another beginning."

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Chocolat was about to reply to Terra and suggest that she come with her when another, the amazonian, broke into their conversation in a manner that the su-ku-ta considered quite rude. Her ears flitted back and flattened against her head, but she bit off her angry response and actually considered the woman's words. Turning back to Terra, she said; "We are in your lands.... Would it be appropriate to appear in armor at a formal function such as this? It would have been a grave insult to appear arrayed for battle at feast meant to symbolize peace where I'm from, but I am unsure if the same applies here. I have formal wear that a woman of my station would have been expected to wear with me if it isn't, but that too might be inappropriate here." She glanced back at the amazonian, "I apologize deeply, but I can't for the life of me recall your name, even after what we've been through.... I suppose we never did get a chance to formally introduce ourselves. I am Chocolat, daughter of Serja Denrius."

The su-ku-ta had begun to shift out of her officious manner of speaking over the years, but when she spoke her father's name it was with absolute respect.

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Pleased to meet you. I am Terra Watson." The blonde knight looked over the Su-Ku-Ta and the Amazonian, considering their armor as formal-wear. "It would be unusual, especially for a woman, but as foreigners you could probably get away with it." A few people might not be thrilled with the idea, but with a reasonable explanation they could hardly object in any serious way. She continued, "Almost all the women, myself included, will be wearing dresses, and even most of the men will be out of armor."

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

After the lord gives orders to his servant - about the arrangements of the feast - the servant gives a small bow and leaves. "Oh, you don't have accommodations yet? You're all welcome to stay in the castle, then." One of the servants - a young, rather pretty man - immediately comes to Ahdeah, offering to guide her to the guest rooms. The lord leaves the hall as well, heading upstairs and leaving the warriors on their own, save but for a few servants who seem to be talking with each other. The dragonic warrior stays silent, but listens for the women to talk.

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Sleeping in the castle would be nice considering she had spent the last week in the dirt and mud. Looking at the handsome lad Ahdeah smiled "Thank you so much for guiding me to quarters. Im sure my fellows wouldn't mind being shown some rooms as well." Smiling at the man Ahdeah waited for the servant to lead on unless someone else grabbed her attention.

Aust_Nailo

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The amazonian let out a laugh, not surprised that her appearance would be met with some opposition. And it would seem her proposal even more so. It was almost as if the gods themselves were playing a cruel game with her and she could do nothing about it. "Name's Alcott. Alicia Alcott. Black sheep of the Alcott family and exiled warrior of the Amazon." Despite bearing the title of exile, Alicia showed no hesitation to call herself that or showed little shame in the presence of her new allies. But the matter of the evening still hung in the air and it seemed like she wasn't going to win this fight. Shrugging her shoulders, the Amazonian tried to refocus the topic.

"What if I told you the reason I suggested that was that I didn't actually own any fancy clothing. My exile only allowed me to bring the armor off my back and a set of plain clothing. Don't have much beyond that. My whole armor suggestion was just a way for me to not have to worry about those stuffy clothing...but if ya think it's going to be an issue, I guess I could give it a whirl. Any suggestions?" She said to no one in particular. She really did have a tiny issue on her hands. Sticking to her current attire could stir up controversy and the last thing she needed in her life was more people yelling at her for doing things differently. Her family did that enough already.

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Terra considered for a moment. Wearing armor might cause a certain amount of gossip and tittering among the natives, but given that the group would be guests of honor there could hardly be any official objection to wearing what Amazonians apparently considered appropriate attire for a feast. "It... might help things go more smoothly if you didn't wear armor, but I'm not sure I'd go so far as to call it an issue. And I would certainly be willing to help you pick appropriate attire, if you wish."

The blonde woman turned to find the ridiculously-named su-ku-ta again. "And you as well, if what you have isn't appropriate."

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Chocolate's ears flitted slightly at the Amazonian woman's apparent pride at having been exiled from her family, a fact that would have been considered the greatest disgrace in her own culture. Her explanation about not owning any fancy clothing after her exile put the woman's situation in perspective, however, and the su-ku-ta allowed her irritation to fade from her expression. When the Badarian among them spoke, offering a confirmation of her own name that slightly relieved her, Chocolate's tail flitted behind her as she glanced between the two. "Well... I'm unsure if what I have is suitable, but I suppose seeing what is acceptable here would be a good enough indicator as well. I would greatly appreciate your assistance, Miss Watson."

Aust_Nailo

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The Amazonian was rather...curious, about the su-ku-ta's reaction to her stories, but at the very least calmed down after a little while. Seemed she sympathized, at least a tiny bit, with the banished warrior. Not the intended effect, but she would take what she could get. It also seemed that Miss Watson was offering to help the fish out of water. Never being one to turn down aid of any kind, the Amazonian would take her up on it. "Well, since ya seem so eager to help us, I guess it would be rude of me to say no. Better to have a native help ya out then trying to go it alone. That would only lead to disaster." A light-hearted smirk crossed her face, her effort to try and lighten the mood to some degree.