What's new

For Profit Organizations(Deidre/Blueslime)

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
Re: For Profit Organizations(Deidre/Blueslime)

The woman turns to look at Deidre as she answers. "None at all. Hey, do you know how the combat bonuses work? I mean, our first mission and all, we do get a bonus, right?"

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Deidre shrugged and shook her head. "No clue about the bonuses, it's my first mission too. I trust they'll compensate us appropriately though. We are the trained and heavily armed soldiers, I doubt they'll want to short change us. Hey, I don't think we've met, I'm Deidre... call sign Huntress."

It seemed the scenario was going to throw questions at her and she was uncomfortable simply shaking her head and keeping quiet so she said the most logical thing she could say without having to know anything specific. She figured that if this woman was a rookie then they could be rookies together. Maybe she'd be her friend.

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

The brunette bursts out laughing as she hears Deidre's callsign. "How'd you manage to get that one? I'm Willow, call sign Deer."

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"They found me with a bow and arrow in my hands when they recruited me," Deidre said, playing along and improvising her back story. Though maybe it stuck because they thought I'd set my sights on you... 'Deer.'"

Deidre chuckled at how the two of those call signs went together.

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

"Sounds like a story for some time when we're drinking. I got mine because once when I was still a loyal defender of the fatherland in the basic, I managed to sneak up and touch a deer in a forest. Do you think you're good at hunting my kind of prey?" Willow asks with a playful spark in her eyes.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Deidre grinned at the unspoken challenge. "I'm good at hunting anything I have a mind to. But yes, let's leave the stories until later. Drinks sound good."

Memories began to flood into her mind about the nature of her call sign and of a stretch of land with miles upon miles of forested deciduous woodland. Hunting parties, with her among them, would fan out to bring down food not merely for sport but for actual feasts. Her in game self seemed to come from a closed off, isolationist people who still lived in a hunter gatherer frame of livlihood. She recalled that she was quite good at the hunt, but she also recalled some stories of her shamanistic upbringing as well. Her tribe had taught her magic well before the ships from the stars came, seeking recruits from her tribe....

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

It doesn't take very long for the shuttle to dock with the mercenary warship of impressive size. "Line up everybody. Attenshun! Officer on deck!" The sergeant stands in attention at the end of the line and salutes the captain, who inspects the troops one by one.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Deidre did like the other soldiers did and stood at attention for inspection. She knew the basics... good posture, look forward, don't flinch, don't do anything that makes you stand out. Be a good little soldier.

She'd fake it as best she could -- maybe the game would let her pass as acceptable if she tried hard enough.

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

The right stance comes almost instinctively to Deidre and the captain makes no comments as he carefully looks everyone over before turning away and walking to where they can all see him. His back still turned, the captain starts to speak in a calm voice, loud enough to be heard clearly: "At ease. Ladies and gentlemen, I have it on best authority that your first mission was a rousing success and you've all shown yourself to be competent soldiers. Therefore I have the pleasure to formally welcome you as members of the Silver Force. I also welcome you on board the Silver Sable. Tonight I'm paying for all your drinks. Have fun and get to know each other. That's an order, by the way. You're going to have to depend on each other hopefully for a long time." Having finished his speech, the captain turns and salutes the men before walking away. As soon as the door closes after the captain the sergeant steps out of the line. "Attenshun! Alright lads, no other duties tonight. So go to your quarters and take care of your gear. The mess is three decks down from your quarters and I'll be there to make sure you obey the captains orders."

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Deidre smiled. That was the best she could have hoped for. So things were a bit clearer now. They were all recruits and this had been their first mission together. A nice starting point. She glanced over at Willow.

"Let's go see about our quarters. Coming?"

She shouldered her rifle and made her way out of the inspection line, following the other female figures to the women's barracks, if there was indeed any such differentiation.

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Following the others Deidre finds herself on the hallway with the squad's quarters. No separate barracks are necessary, as it would seem that each soldier gets their own room, a rather spacious one, even - it would seem that mercenaries get treated well, for no common soldier on board of a navy would get such luxurious amount of space to herself.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Wow. Separate rooms?" Deidre was impressed and appreciative of the privacy afforded to them. This certainly wasn't any ordinary military operation. The game's memories were informing her of the mercenary nature of the vessel, so she put things together and figured that as long as the Silver Sable and the financial means to make its soldiers happy, then the least it could do would be to provide them individual rooms. Deidre was happy to see that the spacious room even had a few quirky elements that individualized it according to that huntress/shamanistic background that had been played up in her In-Character memories. Trophies of animal kills, such as claws, fangs, and antlers of various alien proportions decorated her walls, and a small area in the corner had been dedicated to a replica shrine of sacrifice for honoring the hunt - both the hunter and the hunted. It was a place to meditate and concentrate on her mysticism.

Deidre quickly stowed her gear and then headed for a quick shower, intending to be clean and looking her best for when she headed to the mess hall. After her shower, she dressed in formal military style uniform, with the colors of her homeland, red and black, emblazoned on the cuffs and collar. She headed out to join the rest of the crew.

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

As Deidre heads to the mess hall, Willow joins her and as the two arrive, they can see several of their squadmates already there, as well as several senior soldiers and the sergeant sitting around a corner table and chatting with each other.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Here, let's get a drink," Deidre suggested and went to the bar where she got two glasses of foamy ale for herself and Willow.

"Orders are to get to know each other. So go for it. What do you want to know?" She said as she handed off the drink to her new friend.

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Willow empties half the glass with a single gulp before talking. "Well, let's start with why did you join and work our way backwards. Myself, I joined because I lost my loyalty to my government after realizing how stupid their reason for the reason for the war on Arthus-D actually was. You see, I grew up on Arthus-E and we started the war because of oil. Can you believe that? An entire war to get plastic at discount. How stupid is that? After that I had some money saved up and decided to travel around when I stumbled upon this company at the Titan orbital station and decided to join for the money."

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"I joined because of a fortuitous set of circumstances... my world is somewhat primitive by galactic standards, or at least parts of it are. It's governed in name by an extension of the ruling government of our entire sector, but they don't really do anything for the people that live outside of the so-called "inhabited" zones. I grew up as a huntress in a tribe. We survive by athletic prowess and our spiritual connection with the music of the universe. Some would call it magic. We're something of an oddity, but we were odd enough to get the attention of some recruiters from the government who wanted to take advantage of us. They kidnapped me from my tribe, along with several other 'potentials.' They wanted someone with the gift that they could train for their own purposes. They seem convinced that what we called magic is just psychic gifts. They don't really understand the spiritual side, just what they call the science."

Deidre took a sip of the ale, enjoying it. "They had me trained in modern technology and soldiering for a few years at an intensive training camp, meanwhile they poked around in my head a bit, trying to "enhance" my psychic potential. Some of my tribe mates died from the training. They were all sick bastards... At the end, I had no option but to try and escape. I saw my chance, took it, and after a series of odd events, I managed to escape the planet aboard this ship. When the captain discovered I was aboard, he was tempted to turn me in, but I swore I'd earn my keep on this ship with this outfit."

She shrugged. "This was my first official mission, so I guess the captain thinks I'm worthy of his trust now."

Last edited:
OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Willow is silent for a moment. "Well, that's one hell of a story. At least they must've trained you well." Willow drains the rest of her glass and goes is handed another. "So. Magic, eh? Got any neat tricks?"

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Hmm, tricks huh? They tended to focus on combat applications in the training camp, as you could imagine. But I guess..."

Deidre trailed off as she put down her drink and concentrated on the frothy brew. It had always been easier to think of her gifts in the sense of elementalism and spiritualism that her tribal shamans had taught her. Thinking of things in terms of telekinesis had always formed a mental block for her in her imaginary past. She called to the water spirits within her drink and cajoled them to spin around and around, forming a vortex in her glass that rose above the rim of its own accord before settling back into her glass.

"Fun, eh?" she said, winking at Willow.

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Willow smiles at Deidre as she takes another sip. "A nice trick."

More people come inside and it's starting to look like the entire squad is present, filling the place with chatter.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Deidre looked about at the other crew members, wondering if any others might join them. She was a bit surprised that none of the men had chosen to approach the two good-looking girls yet, but perhaps if she kept her eyes open she might make a little eye contact with a few. Deidre had always liked the idea of men in uniform, and there were some nice looking guys around here, well outnumbering the women. She figured that gave her some good odds.

She drank the rest of her drink and then turned back to Willow.

"So you actively sought these guys out, huh? What's the view of the Silver Sable from the outside? What does the galaxy think of us?"