What's new

[FoxMuffler] RJ256680 LastIsland crashes

DaBouncer

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I tried google and it seems nobody is talking about this game, and there seems to be no thread here on Ulmf. I downloaded the DLSite trial and the game keeps crashing after 5 seconds of loading in successfully, changing the quality, fullscreen/windowed and opening the menu right away do nothing.

Is this an issue with the trial version only? If not, what's going on?

Here are the errors I could find in the crash log.

Write to location 00014000 caused an access violation.

UnityMain
ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'Attempt to access invalid address.' (Address: 5B097F62)
0x5B097F62 (UnityPlayer) (function-name not available)
ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'Attempt to access invalid address.' (Address: 5B096AE8)
0x5B096AE8 (UnityPlayer) (function-name not available)
ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'Attempt to access invalid address.' (Address: 5B09AC81)
0x5B09AC81 (UnityPlayer) (function-name not available)
0x5B09DAD5 (UnityPlayer) UnityMain
ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'Attempt to access invalid address.' (Address: 008E1015)
0x008E1015 (LastIsland) (function-name not available)
ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'Attempt to access invalid address.' (Address: 008E11D1)

I dunno, but from my experience with the circle, the game tend to take a good PC to work.
And there may be problem between 32 & 64 bit version. Some dev even stop making 32 bit compatible work...

My PC is 64 bit, and every other previous game has had no issues running before.

Just finished the game and it just seems to crash a lot.
To be honest, you'd be better off skipping this one. It's absolute garbage. Performance is riddiculously poor, the fact that such a tiny game is over 3 gigabytes is baffling, the amount of bugs I found in the 30 minutes it took to complete the game is insane, h-scenes are terrible (two identical ones, one kissing scene, one handholding scene and one that just outright doesn't work), the gameplay itself is horrible and infuriating due to how poorly it works.
And it comes with a $30 price tag. That's just insane.

Googled the "SymGetSymFromAddr64", it seems like a common error for Unity, especially with Windows 10. In one steam thread about this (with another game), one of the users managed to fix it by updating his BIOS. Even if you had no issues before, it may be something to do with it using a newer version of Unity.

The problem may not be on your end, though. The patch notes on DLsite say the demo is only the 32 bit version, so it may be some kind of coding issue, the game trying to do something that only works in 64 bit. (I'd assume the full game has both 32 and 64 bit versions) They also say a crashing bug was fixed with the 8/15 update. I am on limited bandwidth, or I'd try it myself.

Also, the full game is on nyaa if you want to go that route to try the 64 bit version.

So, what are the chances then that the 8/15 update was applied to the demo, too? Pretty fucking slim...

Back