Funny/Awesome Videos tiem.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Funny/Awesome Videos tiem.

So the study was 17 conservatives, 25 moderates, and 266 liberals?

Cappy

Reputation score

That is because there is a certain bent to the academic field. Extremely few self-identifying conservatives get into social sciences, so there is a limited sample pool for conservatives and even moderate identifying persons. With liberals, unsurprisingly not so much. It is true that if there were a greater sample size of self-identifying moderates and conservatives in the field of sociology and the like it would be better research material, but I'm under the impression that they just interviewed the social studies researchers that they could find. As a matter of fact, that's kind of pointed out at the very beginning of the video.

Last edited:

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

So you're saying a field of people dominated by mostly one group of people has the minority feeling a hostility towards their opinion?

Cappy

Reputation score

Yes, and if you're trying to play that off as being ironic, it's much more ironic than you think, and in a way that is not so much an indictment on me. Of course, with two sides voraciously trying to misrepresent one another being the standard for "news" I can see how somebody might think that way.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I'm just saying that a good study either randomizes, or if they're already going with predetermined labels, run as many studies as those labels. Without doing the same study in at least one conservatively dominated field (should really have multiple studies in each field) then the whole study is an exercise in misrepresentation

Cappy

Reputation score

I agree that a research paper entirely on a liberal dominated field may caste an unkind light on liberals in that environment unfairly, but that is actually besides the point of this video in the first place. It all goes back to the social science claims I made earlier, the liberal echo-chamber-esque bias results in ideas that are not scientifically confirmed being taken for granted and skewing results in research to the point of it being less than useless. Of course, this can happen with conservatives too in the scientific field, and there are times when qualified and trusted researchers just sell out for money to large corporations to give skewed research too, but I don't often see that being a problem in my field of political interests, because the money in social issues is in . And apparently, if you aren't a liberal researcher in the social sciences, finding funding for researching something like "reverse racism" is impossible, even if you stoop to their retarded level and give it a different name to SOCJUS Defined Racism™. People who aren't retarded know what Racism means, and it doesn't apply differently to different races.

Stuffie

TouchFluffyEars
Reputation score

:D

Cappy

Reputation score

I stopped watching The Simpsons a fair while back, but it's good that they're still doing .

Stuffie

TouchFluffyEars
Reputation score

I watched this with a 56k modem over ten years ago, and found it again just now: .

Zepheral

The Dark God Of Lesbians and Memes
Reputation score

Stuffie

TouchFluffyEars
Reputation score

Oh my freaking God..... XD

EDIT: I'm just going through those videos now, I'm about to die. :D :D

Last edited:

Zepheral

Reputation score

Zepheral

Reputation score

Zepheral

Reputation score

Zeph always attracts , it's like a gift. :D

Last edited:

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I only just found this recently. Which is terrible, because this shit is hype as fuck.

Last edited:

Termite

A bug
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I only just found this recently. Which is terrible, because this shit is hype as fuck.

Love that video. One of the few that I can watch repeatedly.

Zepheral

Reputation score

(J.K)