What's new

funny German town name

Hanz

Lurker
Reputation score
you have to read this attachment. just click the link for it. this is a real newspaper clipping a friend got, how, i don't know, click to enlarge!

Attachments

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: funny German town name

It has the feel of a Weekly World News article, or at least i think that's what it was called. It was a gag newspaper, ran for a long time, a friend of mine has a stack of old ones.

OP
Hanz

Hanz

Lurker
Reputation score

ahh damn, well it was just something I had, still pretty funny in my book!

QuirkyQuark

Lurker
Reputation score

Seems a bit too real to be a Weekly world news article. It actually exists: .

Last edited:

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Austria is not Germany. That town does exist though.

OP
Hanz

Hanz

Lurker
Reputation score

well, now that austria is part of germany, it is now a "german" town. plus the fact that it is a real town is rather cool. either way, I say it's a funny article. I was hoping that people would post other humourous newsclips in response.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

well, now that austria is part of germany, it is now a "german" town. plus the fact that it is a real town is rather cool. either way, I say it's a funny article. I was hoping that people would post other humourous newsclips in response.
What are you talking about?

Two different countries. It's like saying Canada is now part of the U.S.A.

OP
Hanz

Hanz

Lurker
Reputation score

sorry, I'm geographically challenged
edit: they were one way back in ww2, I was just in the wrong time period. lol

QuirkyQuark

Lurker
Reputation score

Wow, how'd I miss the austria mention? *whoosh*

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

SHHH! that's supposed to be a secret!
Lies!! All Lies!! Only in Hollywood does the US annex us without bringing down the wrath of the rest of the planet! We is so looooved by everybody!

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Lies!! All Lies!! Only in Hollywood does the US annex us without bringing down the wrath of the rest of the planet! We is so looooved by everybody!
Yeah, no shit. You're like that bullied retarded brother that everybody feels bad for.
*kids, kids. Please don't kill me, sinful*

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

nah, we're more like that kids that stands right behind the big bully and goes "and take THAT!"

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

I find my self automatically liking Canada just because it gets stick in American TV. Other than that I've seen some nifty art that came out of Canada and ended up on my desktop for a day or two. If I ever was in charge of designing a beat-em-up game, the kind like Street Fighter of DOA where nationality is stated for each character, I would make sure to include a Canadian character. I just can't think of any Canadian game characters right now. I'd also be sure to include a character from Andorra, just because I love how the tiny country gets forgotten all the time. It is the only country to have ever been in two world wars simultaneously (kinda), due to being missed and left out of the peace treaty when the first ended. World maps rarely ever bother to try to label it.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

I find my self automatically liking Canada just because it gets stick in American TV...
three best countries evrar:

Australia
England
Canada

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I'm gonna go ahead and kick England off that for Northern Ireland

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

i can't really have any comment there, the problem is there both good but there is no way it can be a list of 4. Also i doubt you'd appreciate being lumped together, but lets replace england with the British Isles.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

We have an accord

*edit* wow, I forget how green my entire profile is and realize that my suggestion was predictable.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

I think Britain has become a bit stale now that we've had to dismantle our empire and give people their countries back. In this modern age it's apparently seen as rude to invade another country and stick our flag on it. Plus we don't invent or build anything anymore. Back in the day we always had the new toys. Steam power, the vacum cleaner, the jet engine, the computer, and toilets. Maybe I'm out of the loop on where new stuff is coming from, but somehow it always seems to be coming from America, Japan, Germany or somewhere else.

I sometimes wonder what Britains culture is meant to be too, or what is means to other people. We still get English characters in games and media, so it seems the world hasn't exactly forgoten us yet. Though when I saw a group of assian tourists in Norwich market poseing together with a portion of fish and chips while taking pictures it really made me wonder. America and Japan are exporting culture and fun things in buckets, but I ask, what is my country offering to the world?

I supose one victory for Britain, has to be this website.

OP
Hanz

Hanz

Lurker
Reputation score

wait, britian is taking credit for that website!!!!!

INVADE!!!