What's new

Games with capture mechanics

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
I'm looking for more games where you control multiple protagonists, and if one is defeated in battle they're captured, requiring players to rescue them using only the other(s).

The only ones I know off the top of my head:
Apostle Angel Liebe - Madscript - ULMF Thread |
Deathblight RPG - Wolfenstahl - ULMF Thread
Magical Girls Clara & Suuya - yaminabedaiichikantai -

Any more out there?

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
Moral Sword Asagi from Ahriman had this.

ChupacabraGonzales

Reputation score
Evil Goddess by Newface. Not really capture in battle, but there are several subplots where some party members are captured or you infiltrate slave auction/market type locations and have to give one of the characters up as the "slave you're here to sell".

If you added Magical Girls Clara & Suuya, you can probably also include some of yaminabedaiichikantai's other games such as Magical Girl Sarah, Magical Girl Luliel and possibly eve Magical Girl Tetra (haven't played this one)

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score
EraGVT.
Though its incomplete, only partially translated, and purely text based

AngrySunTheory

Reputation score
Damsel Quest 3 ( ) and some of ankoku marimokan's games, including Signal Forces and Sneak In Desperada, ( ) come close to this, but fall short of "multiple protagonists". Characters get captured after being defeated in battle, and you have to rescue them alone afterwards, but the perspective stays with a single main character. Might be different in Signal Forces since I haven't played that one yet, but I'm pretty sure that's how they all work.