What's new

Gender Reality vs Fantasy

Cappy

Reputation score
Re: Gender Reality vs Fantasy

Well, I hope that captioned image wasn't a comparison to asking somebody what theie biological sex is. It's perfectly good manners to ask somebody that question, not their problem if you find it uncomfortable, just as it isn't your problem if they're upset that you don't answer the question. In essence, if you're trans and want to be treated as a woman, if you expect to be involved in any kind courtship there will inevitably be people curious about your biological state and it's history, that isn't transphobic that's common sense.

Of course, none of that applies to the internet mind you, that's in regards to reality.

Sakrilas

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I would just like to say how glad I am to see that we currently live at times that are so accepting with Gender Identity topics.

Either IRL or the Internet, if someone prefers to be addressed as a certain gender, I think the least I could do for them is to respect that.

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It really doesn't fucking matter to me what gender some anonymous/pseudonymous person on the Internet, whose face I will never see or whose genitals I'll never fondle, says they are. If you're the weirdo who spends more money on an artist if you think they're female, only to find out they're male, for example (which I've heard allegations of), you've only got yourself to thank for being a dumb sod to begin with.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Why did we revive this topic again??

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

If you're the weirdo who spends more money on an artist if you think they're female, only to find out they're male, for example (which I've heard allegations of) ...
You know, I first thought 'this gotta be bullshit' but then I remembered how one of my artist once told me one of their clients wanted to Skype call and discuss a sex scene to draw in vivid detail so I'ma believe it, yeah.

I'm one of those freaks that give artists moar money if they draw good.

OP
R

Ryka

This was when I was Lila. I mean, my point still stands, people should be whoever they want to be if it fits well with their personalities but come ON. This thread is DINOSAUR BONES.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I've got a dinosaur bone for ya right here :

TrainerFan

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

People should be allowed to define themselves and be treated accordingly. It's just selfish to say anything else. I've got friends like you wouldn't believe, but I roll with it, even if it takes some getting used to.

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I sexually identify as an M1 Abrams

Zepheral

The Dark God Of Lesbians and Memes
Reputation score

People should be allowed to define themselves and be treated accordingly. It's just selfish to say anything else. I've got friends like you wouldn't believe, but I roll with it, even if it takes some getting used to.
This guy gets all the points, he gets it. The opposite is true as well which is people will define you through their eye's, which sucks. In the end life is to short to care. The only person limiting you from being you is you.

Last edited:

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

TLDR: Feel free to put on your wizard hat and cloak but do try not to drag it out.

Bla bla bla:
It doesn't really matter what sex someone is (or says they are) as long as you don't plan on meeting in person. What's it to you? You can just as easily pretend they're all cats and dogs.

Generally you don't want to date people you meet on gaming forums anyway.
IMO if you want to date then you should seek out someone that lives in your own town. There's plenty of fish, so they say... And if not, then maybe you should move.

Bottom line, if I see someone claiming to be a girl (or guy) and I know they're not, then what business is it of mine to call them out on it? Who cares?

The only issue is when they start to toy with someone's affections. I might feel inclined to point it out in a situation like that. Behind every username there's a real person with actual feelings. Toying with their affections is pretty much abuse IMO.

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

My biggest issue with people "identifying" as the other gender, or even a made up one, is when they build their entire ego around it. You want to believe that you're an amorphous being with no set gender, sure, whatever, but don't get mad because someone referred to you using a pronoun that suits your behavior and evidence of your biological sex as dictated by "culture norms". If you've undergone a sex change, sure, I'll use the "correct" pronouns, and on the internet there's no way to establish someones actual sex to begin with so whatever.

Zepheral

The Dark God Of Lesbians and Memes
Reputation score

My biggest issue with people "identifying" as the other gender, or even a made up one, is when they build their entire ego around it. You want to believe that you're an amorphous being with no set gender, sure, whatever, but don't get mad because someone referred to you using a pronoun that suits your behavior and evidence of your biological sex as dictated by "culture norms". If you've undergone a sex change, sure, I'll use the "correct" pronouns, and on the internet there's no way to establish someones actual sex to begin with so whatever.
Lol let me make it easier for you. I am a man :p

OP
R

Ryka

Worrying about it is like... the same thing you made your argument about.

Also what if someone is named "Jessica" and you think it's some guy in meatspace? Are you gonna say "Oh, I talked to Jessica. He's a cool guy."

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Worrying about it is like... the same thing you made your argument about.

Also what if someone is named "Jessica" and you think it's some guy in meatspace? Are you gonna say "Oh, I talked to Jessica. He's a cool guy."
Again I say it's not important enough to note.

A: "I see you're friends with Jessica too. Have you two talked?"
B: "Yeah."
A: "And?"
B: "And what?"
A: "Is Jessica cool?"
B: "Yeah Jessica's cool."
A: "Is Jessica a he or a she?"
B: "I don't know. It never came up. We talked about games and stuff."
A: "Oh, well I kinda want to cyber with a girl and I wanted to know."
B: "Not my concern. Knock yourself out."
A: "..."

But then again..

A: "You remember Jessica, right?"
B: "Yeah."
A: "We've been getting really close over the past few weeks."
"I'm going to buy her a plane ticket so she can come meet me!"
B: "Jessica's a guy."
A: "... no way man."
B: "It's true. Search your feelings."
A: "But.. but... Noooooooo!"
B: "Dude. Nobody can hear you scream on the internet."
A: "It's not true!"

OP
R

Ryka

Yes, but this is the thing. Not everyone is out to lure guys into that. Humanity IS shitty, but humanity, in tun, assumes the WORST out of EVERYTHING they don't understand. You should see the shitfest involved with unisex bathrooms for the transgendered. That was funny.

No one, and I do mean NO ONE is going to try to use ULMF as a dating site.