What's new

Gossamer Falls Woods

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score
Re: Gossamer Falls Woods

Mia landed squarely with her solar plexus on the knuckles of Yuuki's outstretched arm. Her shroud revealed and a plainly disinterested look coating her face, she stood planted squarely between the girl and her target.

To onlookers Yuuki just seemed to freeze in that same defenseless stance.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Praxal would move as fast as he could away from her blades, the blade lightly shearing some of his hair off as he wasn't quite able to move fully out of the way. In retaliation, he attempted to set fire to both weapons, and her 'clothing'. He would also back up some, not turning his back on her, but keeping it rather to the tree line, making certain where he went to leave no available shadow near enough to be used against him by illuminating strategic spots.

((I think I severely underpowered him for what he's supposed to be, I may have to rework this character in hindsight. The strength and fire are fine, but I'm starting to realize he needs something more to make him rounded, because right now, he's kind of pathetic for even a slightly possessive demon...))

Edit: ((Bloody hell Nunu... Alright, too lazy to alter the post, key it as Praxal is frozen while attempting his move then, and also, with regards to Siphon, how does this work now, because I have absolutely NO idea how to play that out now.))

Edit2: ((For reference, he is cloaked and out of phase with the rest of the planet, though I THINK if that is a magic thing and Yuuki was aware he was there that she ought to be able to affect him as well even still. I'll just play it as that, though this kind of locks him there until this is resolved now.)) (being out of phase with the rest of the planet wont stop her from smelling you, which is enough for her to know where you are and what powers you are using at this range - love Nunu)

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Keylo

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

"You...an ancient one are you?..."

Skidding back from the entity that had appeared out of nowhere, Mia raised her blades into a defensive stance, attempting to gauge the intentions of the newcomer. The more ancient existences were something even Mia preferred to avoid when possible, seeing as those fights were hardly ever something to toy about with. These were the times when Mia was glad her body didn't function exactly the same as her original...

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

((i find it hard to believe that you can determine yuuki's origin at a glance))

The blade didn't move fast, it just slowly glided in between Mia's ribs and into her lung from behind. By the time mia had responded Yuuki was already behind her, safely shrouding her movements. She left the knife and continued to circle nonchalantly.

Bartnum

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

"I'm beginning to think that this fight is getting somewhat out of hand. Any objections for finishing it?"

"None here."

Vulkoran takes cover from the clones by hiding behind a tree and teleporting around the circumference of the arena. All the while he quickly types a text message into his cell phone.

"Now, we wait."

"While we're on the subject of ending this, how about we make it two demons versus one?"

"What'd you mean by that?"

"You'll see. Offense or Defence preferable?"

"Offence, every time."

"Alright, give me cover!"

Vengo presses his hand to the ground. A purple ooze begins to bubble around it. Vulkoran put himself between Vengo and the Mia clones, impaling any that drew too near.

((Initiating ownage mode.))

OP
Keylo

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

((Well to Mia anyway, there's few things that can actually catch her off guard like that except things immortal like beings. "Ancient one" refers to anything that Mia feels is beyond her in "time". But I don't see Mia`walking out of this without going all "shadow realm" happy really, since physical attacks appear to be out of the question against Yuuki.))

Another attack that she hadn't been able to dodge, unsure of what the ability allowing her opponent to do as such was, Mia decided to resort to wrapping herself in a "torrent" of shadow, providing her 360 degrees of shielding from attacks, well... those of a physical nature anyway. The first step in identifying an ability was to determine whether it was of the physical realm or not, other measures would come after...

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

((I completely misread your post Nunu as to regarding that Yuuki had frozen the others in place.))

Praxal blinked as another being of some kind simply stopped the other demonesses attack. For a moment he stood, watching, uncertain of what was going on. As the newcomer struck, he was taken aback by the sheer power display. In his current form he didn't have a prayer against such a foe, and he knew this. He was less than confident even at full strength he could. So it was with some anger to him that he chose the only sensible move, to retreat. While he was truthfully wanting to be rid of Mikhail, he couldn't guaruntee now that losing to the newcomer would free him, and he very much wanted to avoid a conflict with this one right now.

With the two distracted, he took his leave of them, sprinting off into the woods, vanishing within moments if not stopped.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

((what sheer power display? stopping a charge and stabbing mia once. don't forget that the way yuuki's power works it is almost completely undetectable. also it is not within yuuki's power to freeze you in place))

"Tell me little girl..." Yuuki calmly mused as she began to peel the layers of mia's senses away. "Do you believe in magic?"

First yuuki stole the tree's from her opponent and nothing was left in their place. Mia's knowledge of the beyond was becoming her own downfall, any normal person could not believe the illusions in front of them.

Next yuuki began to steal the shadows, her disembodied voice echoing throughout the empty landscape of mia's imagined battlefield. With her senses disappearing mia could plunge into the shadow realm and be completely unaware.

Soon there was nothing left for yuuki to steal. All mia could see, feel and hear was her imagination.

Last edited:

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

((She isn't visible to him? Moving in to block that kind of attack that fast to him is an indication he shouldn't fuck with that being. If she's invisible to him he's still going to hightail it out of there, knowing SOMETHING is up. I'm partially asleep at this point, so I am not reading things properly. If need be I'll just edit it to, "he left" and leave it at that. Plus now, if he were able to see what is going on now, he certainly would be moving as far away as he could.))

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

((well you can see whatever mia's doing, yuuki's just standing there. what you would remember is yuuki dashing in and blocking mia, after that she just stood there, her shroud never broke given that you weren't the one who got stabbed. although if you take your eyes off her for an instant at any point its likely she's just gone and you would assume something strange an inexplicable happened. whether you recognize yuuki during this time is something i cant tell. your mind is looking for an excuse for all of that not to have happened as best it can.))

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

((Since I don't THINK Mikhail/Praxal has actually met Yuuki yet I will say no he wouldn't recognize her, though if he saw her again after this he should by all logic. Course then again, logic sometimes doesn't apply. Either way, I'm pulling him out of the battle, if need be I'll work on another explanation later. For now though, I'm going to check a few more things elsewhere, then POSSIBLY get some sleep tonight, though that isn't likely.))

Bartnum

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

The ooze around Vengo's hands suddenly get sucked into his body, and he stands up as his eyes darken.

"Vulkoran... if I were you... I'd RUN."

Vengo's skins begins to darken, and his body grows to stand 7 feet high. Horns begin emerging from his hair, and his nails grow into claws. Within seconds the Dark Eco transformation is complete.

Using the last of his control over his own body, Vengo manages to move in Mia's direction. After that the conciousness of the Dark Form takes over, and charges blindly at the first thing it sees: Mia.

OP
Keylo

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

((Let me reconfirm something, Yuuki's power is to basically delude her opponent into thinking things are real right? This post is written in interperation of that so let me know if it's a bit different, although I'm really not sure how efficiently you can steal the senses of something with senses almost completely forged out of magic...))

Everything disappeared? What was her power exactly? Was she...apocalypse? No it was different from before... then again, who said Apocalypse had to destroy things the same each time? If it could annhiliate a world with such ease, wouldn't erasing a single plane be easy? How had she survived it before?...

Oblivious to the things around her, Mia continued to be lost in thought until the answer finally dawned on her.

The contract... she had escaped due to the contract. It would be a risky move, but at least she had fought against the realm and won before. She had no power over the rift in which all the heavens and worlds were situated but as for the realm of shadow...

"In the name of the contract vested in me, claim this space surrounding me as thy own! I offer mine soul as well as any substance thou can find!!"

At this point, all of the clones stopped dead in their tracks, dispersing to into the "liquid" they had been before, but instead charging towards their "master". Meanwhile, a "dome of shadow" began to expand outwards from Mia, who continued to channel more power as her own body attempted to "devour her". She had chosen to use the "last resort", which involved merging herself with the realm itself. Well, at least it used to be the last resort, now it was more of keeping her soul in one piece long enough to revoke her order, largely thanks to repiecing her soul together the first time...

(I need sleep, these posts are getting more and more lousy.)

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

((yuukies power deludes people into not noticing things. given that they are delusions they work regardless of any actual senses, you simply cannot notice things that she is trying to hide from you unless you have no choice but to notice them. because of what you believe yuuki's power level to be these delusions could likely stretch to god like powers and hence stealing all your senses leaves you more or less unable to notice anything that does not effect your body. as the delusion grows its possible to begin to believe that you are incapable of using your powers. however none of this actually has an effect on the reality of what is happening.

the only way out of this is not exerting yourself more, it is disbelieving the extent of yuuki's power.))

OP
Keylo

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

((Well Mia believes her contract is "boundless", meaning she believes that nothing can sever the contract nor her control over the shadows. She also believes that her shadows are "absolute" so that works (chances are if anyone gets caught up in the shadows and the realm attempts to swallow them, Mia will start becoming doubtful about the validity of the delusions. Anyway I'm out for the night, bed for me. Ciao.))

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

"What the? Oh this cant be good." Art says to himself as he gets pulled into the shadow realm with Mia, though a second later a chain catches around him. With a sharp intake of breath he is pulled backwards as Mia cuts off her own arm to get rid of him, and landing on his backside he coughs a little, a trickle of blood running down his chin.

"T-thanks, Vulkoran," He calls back to Vulkoran as he breathes deeply, trying to catch his breath. Art gets up and before he can continue his attack another person suddenly appears and attacks Mia. Frozen in place Art watches the scene unfold, he moves closer to his bag with the intention of getting more Mythril just in case it is needed.

((Damn having to go to bed, I was gonna let Art get pulled into the shadow realm and have my ace in the hole ready too, but looks like I'll have to pull that out if they spend too much time in the forest and this battle gets ricidulously bad))

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

'Teacher?'

*Click* *Click* *Click*...

Simon took pictures of whatever he saw. He started to think finding a larger memory card was in order if things were going to be this eventful everyday. He almost felt like Fynn on their travels. He continued to watch the mass of shadow grow.

Hopefully Yuuki wasn't here to nag him on that assignment. He never normally put projects in late, but he got distracted yesterday.

((I imagine the shroud could apply to Simon's shadow also, as a separate entity. I wonder what he took pictures of...))

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

"You know, little girl..." Yuuki continued to press her assault of Mia's senses as she spoke in a slow, malevolent voice that rolled out of thin air around her target. "I've been preparing this place for you since you arrived..."

"You see how there are no trees... or mountains... or moon or sun?"

"Show me, little girl, what power you posses in a place where there are no shadows." Yuuki finished, letting her shroud slip from Mia's mind a little, enough to add Yuuki into the barren wasteland of Mia's imagining.

OP
Keylo

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

((From what you're saying after rereading it with more hours of sleep, then Yuuki's shroud will have minimal effect on Mia's "shadow abilities" asides from making her pay prices she doesn't have to pay. Mia's been "trapped" in the heavens belonging to an "elder god of light" before, where no shadows exist. Although it was a narrow escape, she ended up spending a huge amount of power to forcibly "tear a hole" in that realm with no natural link to the shadows, she managed to still force enough to allow her to make her escape. The only question is, how "long term" are the effects of the shroud? Do they last until she realizes she's being tricked? Or will they fade over time?))

"You're as distasteful as that accursed god of light old one, however even in the abyss, as long as I provide a sufficient "payment" my shadow cannot be deterred even by the mightiest of gods. Such is my contract with the realm, which not even you will be able to erase should you be "Apocalypse". Nor can you erase the power with which I already possess."

Done speaking with her opponent, Mia began chanting an enigmatic incantation in a forgotten language. The closest translation would likely be something along the lines of "The realm of shadow whom I have contracted my existence, as persay our agreement I order thee to return me to thee, and tear about these barriers which dare to part us. I offer to thee the very ebbing flow within me, crush any boundaries in our way and deliver to me thy salvation."

Channeling a large portion of her power, Mia attempted to "force" a portal of shadow to appear beneath her, resolute in her "trust" towards the realm with which her predecessors had always pacted with. However, as she failed to realize she was still in a mortal plane which possessed far weaker "boundaries" than the abyss in which all worlds were situated in, this caused the portal beneath her feet in reality to expand exponentially out of control, growing far beyond the far intended limit. Even if its master was disabled, so long as it received a command, it would comply regardless of the master's original intentions.

((Well, this is the course of action Mia would usually take should she be "trapped" in a place without shadow that she believed she had to escape from. As the realm is an entirely different existence, and theoretically "bound" to serve her regardless of her condition in accordance to the price she offers, she uses it as a rather "drastic escape route". Note that the portal won't do anything to the rest really unless Mia "orders" the realm to allow everyone through. Either way though, this allows me to "get rid of" the power Mia obtained by "unlocking the first seal", since I can miff it as her having sacrificed it in exchange for "escape".))

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

((So what exactly is Simon standing on or soon to be standing on now if the portal grows beneath him? Would he just be standing on a strange dark ground or something?))