What's new

Gossamer Falls Woods

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Gossamer Falls Woods

"I wish it would be, but things aren't exactly normal right now."

He takes her hand and gently gives it a squeeze. "What's say we head on over to the springs as quickly as possible and leave this area behind? It's kind of unsettling right now, knowing what's been going on."

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"When are things ever normal around here?" She slipped her hand into his. "And getting to the springs sounds pretty damn good right about now. Lead on, MacDuff."

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

A slight smile crosses his face, as well as a questioning look. He doesn't quite get the MacDuff part, but he understands what she is implying. He heads off with her towards the hot springs, moving at a pace she can easily match.

((Thread Change then I guess, I'll post it since I'm on to do so now.))

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Mikhail had woken up and decided to go searching for Barry. He had made it to the woods when there was a sudden flicker of light, which could only be described as demonic in origin.

A figure stepped out, and spoke only a few words. "Come with me if you wish to learn how to control the demon."

Mikhail blinked at this. "What?"

"We've been watching you. You seek to control the demon Praxal, or possibly remove him without endangering others or losing your fire powers. We can help you."

There was a moment while he considered this. "Do I have the option of refusing?"

The man seemed surprised at the question "Of course, this is your decision, your path Mikhail Valoken. If you choose not to come with me, I can not, nor will I attempt to force you to. The choice is yours, and you are free to leave at any time you wish. All you need do is ask, and you will be sent wherever you wish to go."

He paused for only a moment longer, realizing that even though Praxal was fuming at this, HE was in control over him fully right now. He suspected this was due to the power the other man seemed to be projecting outward. "Very well, let us go."

The two of them stepped into some kind of rift, and when the light faded from it, both were gone, not a trace of their passing.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

((This is picking up from the G Building thread))

Okay, so the woods were a little bit out of the way when it came to taking the road to town, but they were still pretty quiet. The group could talk without the risk of being overheard (for the most part), especially if the conversation turned strange to the casual listener. And there were patches that could be pretty secluded, perfect for Aya's 'show-and-tell' moment, which is where they found themselves at the moment. There was no sign of any demons of any sort (for now), so Sho took that as a good sign. Still didn't stop her from keeping an eye out while they settled, not wanting any surprises during this, demonic or otherwise.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Aya came to a stop near a small area of grass that could easily be put out if she set it on fire. "OK, what I am about to show you here, frankly as I said, I'm afraid to use it at times, but you need to be aware of one of the abilities. The others I can't really show you without either hurting someone doing it, or in the case of my healing ability, someone hurting me first. But.... Give me some room please?"

Once the others had moved enough away, she took a deep breath, then activated combustion. After a moment, in a perfect circle around her body, the very ground itself was set on fire, but only in about a two foot circular ring. Obviously, she was afraid to do too much, she had already admitted as much.

Siphon blinked, then cautiously moved a hand in the general direction of her, stopping as he felt the heat in the air itself as his hand got too close. He quickly pulled back, realizing the true nature of her power almost instantly. "My god, no wonder your afraid of it, get too close when it's active and you burn. I FELT that."

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"Well, that's an effective way to say 'get the hell away from me.'" Sho chuckles, fishing something out of her coat pocket. "Looks like it's a pretty effective shield of sorts, too, so long as you're not standing on a wooden floor." She tests the theory by shooting a rubber band toward Aya's legs. "So, what are the other abilities? I'm guessing one involves healing, since you said you needed to be hurt."

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The rubber band was quickly incinerated when it got to a certain point. Aya looked to Sho, searching for the right words.

"Well, one of them acts like a poison, another like being hit with a stun blast. One of my other ones allows me to basically add something like kinetic armor, and another allows me to channel my energy into something such as a bullet from one of your earth guns. And of course yes, there are regenatarive abilities, though it's hard to describe them. Near as I can tell.... I kind of base them as being different classes. Earth, Fire, Water and Air. I couldn't think of anything better to describe them as."

OP
Keylo

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

"Do you... smell something burning?"

"Nope, you're imagining things..."

This was a blatant lie on Sly's part of course, seeing as snakes were immensely capable thermoception wise. However, seeing as it was bad enough being dragged to an fro a school he wasn't even a student of, the last thing he wanted was to be forced to take detours to investigate random fires in the woods. Sadly for him however, it was not to be.

"No... something's definitely burning..."

Dashing ahead of her companion, the girl chose to head towards the source of the smell in hopes of satisfying her curiosity.

"I'm going to check it out, you can head back to the dorm first if you want."

Facepalming at Ima's actions, the boy grumbled as he began to move after his contractor who was becoming more "energetic" with each passing second in which her original personality was allowed to run free for the other's "chains".

"No you dumb girl... I can't do that. How many times do I have to tell you?...

Letting out a sigh, the unfortunate snake magus began following after Ima...

(Another bleh post, but I'm just bored at this point.)

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"That makes sense, though, if you look at them broken down like that. I can see how the rest would be difficult to demonstrate, yeah." She stuffs her hands back in her pockets. "Might want to put yourself out, though. I think you're starting to smoke." She chuckles.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Aya looks down, then focuses, and ends the spell. Moments later the grass stopped burning. "Right. So then, what's next?"

OP
Keylo

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

"How about explaining why the hell you're setting fire to the forest floor and getting me dragged around by Demon Girl here?"

To deter Ima from finding out that Sly had already found the perpetrators of the fire, the young mage chose to communicate using a form of mass telepathy in opposition to vocal communication. That however, did not stop him from emphasizing his annoyance both at Ima and the people who had piqued her interest away from a simple walk...

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Sho let out a yelp at hearing the voice in her head and by the look on the other's faces, they'd heard it, too. "Dropped a cigarette. Don't get your panties in a bunch," she thought back, not quite willing to be so open with information to an unknown source, especially with the mention of the word 'Demon.' Yeah, blatant lie, but if it would keep things away, that wouldn't be so bad.

((Just as a side note, I don't want to get too far ahead of things w/o giving Squid a chance to react to this, either.))

OP
Keylo

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

((Same, I'm doing some "mandatory conversation" and getting it out of the way.))

"Right... I wasn't born yesterday you know, I can tell the difference between a cigarette and a fire of that magnitude, human or not...

While "conversing" with the unknown gathering, Sly found himself following Ima with his eyes still, hoping that by some miracle a direct confrontation could be avoided.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Grace jumps a little, and Ellisia already has her sword an inch out of it's sheath. "Is it her again?" Grace asks despite realising the flaw of it being a male voice. "This isn't the same shadow. Could this be the other demon you spoke of?" Ellisia asks to Siphon. All the time her eyes darted between the trees as she took a step back from the others to allow full space for her blade should it be needed. She was particularly wary of anything that might lunge up from the ground around them. Grace was preparing a few possible spells in her mind, hoping she could still pull them off under pressure if it came to it.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Siphon already had his pistol out, a soft hum coming from it as the words flashed across a small screen, visible for them to see. 'Kill Setting.' "It's possible, but if that were the case and it were directly hostile he wouldn't have communicated with us, he would have attacked us, since he obviously knows where we are, how else could he reach out to us?"

There was a pause as he seemed to analyze the voice then thought back, hoping it would reach, you'll forgive me if I don't exactly want to just tip things off since you sound like your working for one we call MIA. Frankly if you are, I really have no reason to trust anything you say, but suffice it to say this, we didn't expect any eavesdroppers on a test of something. I'm going to have us move now, if you really are trying to keep her away from us, I suggest you try to stall her.

To the others he says, "let us move away from here and see what happens. We're too open and vulnerable to a surprise attack here, we need better land if a fight ensues. Especially against HER."

OP
Keylo

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

"Demon? I take offense at that. Try victim or slave of a demon instead. Either way, I'm not in the mood for any fights I can avoid."

Calling out in a highly audible voice, Sly attempted to do as the other voice suggested and deter Ima from pursuing any further.

"Ima, enough already! There's nothing there, you're imagining things."

"I really did smell smoke though...Let me check one last place..."

Groaning, Sly attempted one more mental communication as Ima began heading towards the place of the test.

"You better get out of there soon... She's headed that way now, and I take no responsibility if mentally unstable psycho there comes out."

(My posts fail...)

Lurker
Reputation score

Suddenly a loud yell is heard from above:
"FUUUCCCCC-"
And then the shattering of tree branches as Damon dropped through the roof of the forest. He landed on his stomach with a loud thud, and rolled onto his back so he could breathe a bit better.

"I've really got to learn how to aim. And stop. Especially stop..."

[cheap attempt to crate a distraction for Ima and Sly]

OP
Keylo

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

The sudden, out of the blue crash landing by Damon resulted in mainly two things. The first of which was turning Ima's attention away the fire from earlier as she began questioning how a person crash landed from fifty feet in the air down onto the forest floor and was still in a single piece. The other effect it had was to cause Sly to send a rather loud telepathy instinctively to everyone that was currently in the forest.

"What the fuck?! Where the hell did he come from?!"

Ima, cringing both at the crude language and the resulting scattered debris slowly approached the boy who had apparently be shot out from a cannon ( at least in her mind).

"Um... are you all right?..."

Lurker
Reputation score

"I'll live. I'm lucky I landed in the woods, the trees really slowed the fall."

He struggles to sit up, and begins checking himself for serious injury. Making sure that there were no broken bones, he rests his back against the trees and shuts his eyes.