What's new

VN/TEXT Active [Gwedelino/Hetzer] KLK : Ryûko's rumble

Gwedelino

Lurker
Reputation score
Signature_final_2.png

Hello Everybody, here is the beginning of my very own thread to show you the game project I'm working on.
It will be both a sequel and a parody of the Kill-la-Kill animated series in which you'll be playing as Ryûko Matoi.
This game will be a visual novel with a huge emphasis on yuri and sexfight.
The very first release of the game is expected in November 2023.
I don't have a Twitter/website or Patreon yet, so this thread is my current main way to communicate around this project.

Story :

The story of this game is an alternative sequel to the official animated series. Having watched the official anime is not mandatory if you want to play this game, however you should keep in mind that this game will spoil some major plots of the original media.

Humanity's downfall has been prevented ! One year after striking down the greatest evil, her very own mother, Ragyo Kiryûin, our heroine Ryûko is coming back at the Honnoji Academy in order to meet again her last remaining relative : her sister Satsuki.

However, it seems like the cold hearted head of the academy lost a part of herself after defeating her mother, as Ryûko find a sister that's even more obsessed about order, law and corruption.

Only the purest will be authorized to walk along Satsuki in her holy crusade, and it seems like a gigantic sexfight tournament will be the only way to get close to the President of the students council.

Ryûko is now trapped into this crazy scheme and she will have to fight her way to the top if she wants to get her sister's mind right.

But she's far from expecting an easy trip, as a lot of girls are ready to make anything in order to get the favours of the President, and what a better way for them than to vanquish the President very own sibling ?

Gameplay :

This game will be a visual novel that focus on choices and characters, with a mix of both original and canon characters.

You'll be expected to both investigate Satsuki's plans and progress through each round of the sexfight tournament.
The whole game will be choice-based, and let you decide which routes you want to take.
No minigames are planned.

You will be able to build relationships with key characters, all original and especially created for this game.
Getting close to them will allow you to get clues and prepare your next fight but also some extra NSFW content.
But since the tournament is above everything else, competition won't allow you to ally with everyone. Your choices will matter.
Will you try to play it fair, or will you take much more questionable paths ?

H-Content :

This game will have a very huge focus on yuri even if straight content won't be fully excluded.
Around 90%/80% of the H-content will include yuri.
Pure yuri routes will be possible as long as building a full yuri harem.
Here is a list of fetish that can be expected :

- Vanilla lesbian sex
- Female domination
- Sexfight
- Threesomes (F/F/F)
- Exhibition
- Humiliation
- Blackmail
- Spanking
- BDSM

Discord :
Preview :

Last edited:

dood

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Wasn't the point of Kill la kill the fact that clothes made you stronger?

OP
G

Gwedelino

Lurker
Reputation score
Wasn't the point of Kill la kill the fact that clothes made you stronger?

I guess my answer gonna spoil a big part of the plot of the animated series, but here we go :

Yes, in Kill la Kill, clothes made out of Life Fibers does strenghthen their wearer.
However, Life fibers are a parasitic lifeform which eventually can take control of its wearer.
Their hidden goal are to take possession of the whole humanity and earth itself which is something both Ragyo Kiryuin and the original Life Fiber are atempting to do at the very end of the animated series.

Considering this, I don't think that it's out of place, for a sequel of the anime, to have one of the character that had to fight against her very own mother to make a 180-degree turn and promote nakedness.

That's not really a 180-degree turn, and it's even more in line with Satsuki's personnality considering that there are several clues in the anime that suggest that being naked is a good way to fight :

- Satsuki often says (to Ryûko) that she doesn't have to be ashamed of her body.
- Ultima uniforms of her closest subordinates, the Elite four, are covering less and less skin as it evolves.

I would also add that the main organization which is fighting against life fiber at the end of the animé is called "nudist beach" and all its members are half-naked, and Satsuki does join it.

dood

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
I guess my answer gonna spoil a big part of the plot of the animated series, but here we go :

Yes, in Kill la Kill, clothes made out of Life Fibers does strenghthen their wearer.
However, Life fibers are a parasitic lifeform which eventually can take control of its wearer.
Their hidden goal are to take possession of the whole humanity and earth itself which is something both Ragyo Kiryuin and the original Life Fiber are atempting to do at the very end of the animated series.

Considering this, I don't think that it's out of place, for a sequel of the anime, to have one of the character that had to fight against her very own mother to make a 180-degree turn and promote nakedness.

That's not really a 180-degree turn, and it's even more in line with Satsuki's personnality considering that there are several clues in the anime that suggest that being naked is a good way to fight :

- Satsuki often says (to Ryûko) that she doesn't have to be ashamed of her body.
- Ultima uniforms of her closest subordinates, the Elite four, are covering less and less skin as it evolves.

I would also add that the main organization which is fighting against life fiber at the end of the animé is called "nudist beach" and all its members are half-naked, and Satsuki does join it.
You didn't have to explain the plot. I already knew it. There's even a faction that fought as nude as possible. Best of luck and I hope studio trigger isn't the kind to do bullshit C&D.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Pretty sure I remember ryuko's suit explaining that the less contact it had with her body the more it could increase her power at one point when she complained about it.

SoulLess Child

Reputation score
Pretty sure I remember ryuko's suit explaining that the less contact it had with her body the more it could increase her power at one point when she complained about it.
Not quite just that, shame is kind of a power limiter, Senketsu pointed out her embarrassment is hindering her ability to use his full power.

OP
G

Gwedelino

Lurker
Reputation score
Signature_Lewd.png

Hello Everybody.

I'm getting closer and closer to the finish line regarding the making of a first version of the game.

Even the Main menu of the game finally looks like something polished :

Main_Screen_Art.png

I just need to replace the very last default placeholder assets I still use and it should be OK.
Everything else is done.

I already added some functions in the game that I found useful for a VN like a log that allows the player to get a look at the game "decision tree" and their current position in it :
Tree.png

Since the game actually has Game Over and Game Over scenes, it also have have a system that let the player unlock every scenes when reaching some checkpoints. By this way, no need to force a Game Over to unlock the whole content, the player just need to win to unlock everything and everything can be unlocked in just 1 playthrough.

Game over will not be very punitive either, so players won't have to accumulate saves and backups.

I should be able to start play-testing sessions during May.

The main goals of those sessions will be :

- Checking bugs
- Spotting typos
- Giving feedback about the story and the characters.

I will keep you informed !

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score
May, huh? Rather curious to see how this might go. This might be the second yuri BF game I've ever seen, come to think of it.

OP
G

Gwedelino

Lurker
Reputation score
May, huh? Rather curious to see how this might go. This might be the second yuri BF game I've ever seen, come to think of it.
May is when I will start testing the V0.1 build with some trustworthy people.
The official release will be later, and it's currently kinda hard to predict the right timing.

dijitz

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Just curious will there also be strap-ons and stuff as well?

OP
G

Gwedelino

Lurker
Reputation score
Just curious will there also be strap-ons and stuff as well?
Of course, I will try to give a specific range of kinks to each girl.

I split characters that have 18+ content into two different categories :

- Opponent are non-romanceable characters. They are the ones Ryûko will have to fight during her quest. All the content involving those characters will be heavily Sub/Dom oriented depending of the outcome of their fight. They will mostly be canon characters.

- Allies are romanceable characters. They are the ones who will support/help Ryûko during the tournament. They will have various content depending of their personnalities and relationship with Ryûko. They will mostly be original characters.

OP
G

Gwedelino

Lurker
Reputation score
Since I'm coming closer and closer to the first test build, here is a little video to show you a little teaser of the current game state.

It doesn't show much to avoid spoilers, but still it give you a first glimpse of how the game is looking.

Sadly, this video doesn't have the best quality since my computer is quite old + I'm inexperienced at making videos.
Transitions are very pixelated on the video, but that's not the case ingame.

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score
Hmmm, curious to see how the combat will be handled for sure. And of course, how the writing goes in well, non-intro things!

OP
G

Gwedelino

Lurker
Reputation score
Hmmm, curious to see how the combat will be handled for sure. And of course, how the writing goes in well, non-intro things!
It's my very first game, and I am first and foremost a writer, not a programmer.
People shouldn't expect to see any RPG mechanics such as character stats or unlockable skills in my game.

The idea is to have each fight resolved through several choices that could either lead to a victory or a loss.
Those who pay attention to the story will quickly understand which choices are right and which are wrong.
In addition, "right choices" could also vary depending of the relationships the player has with secondary characters.

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

It's my very first game, and I am first and foremost a writer, not a programmer.
People shouldn't expect to see any RPG mechanics such as character stats or unlockable skills in my game.

The idea is to have each fight resolved through several choices that could either lead to a victory or a loss.
Those who pay attention to the story will quickly understand which choices are right and which are wrong.
In addition, "right choices" could also vary depending of the relationships the player has with secondary characters.
Very fair and understandable! Sounds a bit like my own skillset. While it'll be all narrative, I should've clarified that is what I meant to be curious about.
Basically, as you said, how easy/hard it ends up being to figure out the 'right' options. If its too easy, it makes it less interesting, ya? I mean, I might have a bit of Dwarf Fortress in me and know Losing is Fun, but it's nice if losing isn't always just doing something completely silly and illogical...
Really, just curious to see how the fight-writing will be!

OP
G

Gwedelino

Lurker
Reputation score
Very fair and understandable! Sounds a bit like my own skillset. While it'll be all narrative, I should've clarified that is what I meant to be curious about.
Basically, as you said, how easy/hard it ends up being to figure out the 'right' options. If its too easy, it makes it less interesting, ya? I mean, I might have a bit of Dwarf Fortress in me and know Losing is Fun, but it's nice if losing isn't always just doing something completely silly and illogical...
Really, just curious to see how the fight-writing will be!
I think that the beginning of the game and the first playtests will be used to find out what's the right balance between "too easy" and "too hard".

Finding a balanced difficulty is not an easy challenge since people don't have the very same definition about what's "too easy" and "too hard".

I will need a little bit of time to find it out.

What is certain is that I will always make sure that every "right choice" is logical, but at the same time hard to guess for someone that didn't pay attention to the story or didn't even try to explore the game.

OP
G

Gwedelino

Lurker
Reputation score
Hello Everybody.

Just a little post to keep you informed about how it's going.

Most of the playtests are complete right now, I think about ten people were involved in it.

Everything went well, even if there's still room for improvement. Several testers felt that fights had too much text for little visuals, so I decided tho add more CGS even if it means delaying the first public release a bit.

Some of the testers were fans of KLK while other didn't have a clue about this fandom, but nobody got lost while playing the game, which feels like a big success for me, it seems like the introduction of my game isn't too light or too heavy.

I improved the notebook/diary system, replaced some placeholder musics, but right now I'm waiting for my artists to provide me the latest pieces of artworks while polishing everything that can still be polished.

I should be able to release an official public build around the end of the year. I know it's later than planned, but those playtests were necessary.

Here are a previews of some of the artworks that have been completed over the last month :

Stay tuned. :D

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score
Hello Everybody.

Just a little post to keep you informed about how it's going.

Most of the playtests are complete right now, I think about ten people were involved in it.

Everything went well, even if there's still room for improvement. Several testers felt that fights had too much text for little visuals, so I decided tho add more CGS even if it means delaying the first public release a bit.

Some of the testers were fans of KLK while other didn't have a clue about this fandom, but nobody got lost while playing the game, which feels like a big success for me, it seems like the introduction of my game isn't too light or too heavy.

I improved the notebook/diary system, replaced some placeholder musics, but right now I'm waiting for my artists to provide me the latest pieces of artworks while polishing everything that can still be polished.

I should be able to release an official public build around the end of the year. I know it's later than planned, but those playtests were necessary.

Here are a previews of some of the artworks that have been completed over the last month :

Stay tuned. :D
A part of me is sad to keep waiting for a public release, but at the same time, its important to release something you're happy and proud of, so!

OP
G

Gwedelino

Lurker
Reputation score
Signature_final_5 (1).png
Hello everyone! It's time for an update!

Nearly everything I needed to do before being able to release a public build have been completed. I just have a few more things to do.

Now I can set up a proper release date, and it will be during the first week of december (probably the 9th of december.)

You can see right below the WIP of some additional CGS made thanks to the reviews of people that participated in the playtests. I decided to give more visuals to the fight using comic pages illustrations. If I combine that with Ren'Py transitions, it will give more dynamics to the fight scenes.

image-3.png

image.png

Thanks for your patience.
It's getting close. :)

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score
December huh? Still such a ways off, but ah, such is the torment of waiting sometimes! Still really, REALLY curious to see how this public demo will be...