What's new

triped

Lurker
Reputation score
Although hentai game dynamics have been improving, I'd like to see further improvements. Here I present some dynamics for discussion and standardization. If there is interest, I may make a site for developers about these dynamics and on how to implement these dynamics. This is not an extensive list, but just what I was able to compile/think of in my free time today.

Wings Of Roldea had a great meter system, but didn't use it, for the most part, to narrate events:
- current horniness level
- orgasm meter
- various sex type experience
- - could effect both rate of giving pleasure to others (better at blowjob) and rate of receiving (more enjoyment in sex)
- desire for sex. We can consider this a more long term desire than horniness. The more the character engages in sexual activity, the more it is on her mind (increased desire for sex).
- - it would be interesting to implement a system where exposure to sex, without engagement, raises desire for sex (virgin run), and that this triggers special events
- exposure willingness. How willing is the character to show her body to strangers.
- - although so far games, including Roldea, have a blanket exposure willingness, it might be more appropriate to apply a contextual willingness. Perhaps the character can be willing to expose herself in a strange town, or at night, but would be unwilling to expose herself in her home town or to people she knew and respected. This would allow for discovering scenarios, such as the the character being discovered exposing herself at night in a foreign city by a childhood friend who blackmails her with the knowledge into some sexual act.

In some games, there is a genital looseness degree (more sex = more loose). I think this dynamic can introduce scenarios (probably mostly commentary), especially if you add another dynamic: enemy penis size. Dynamics:
- looseness could recover over time, and there could be potions to fix, or an activity (kegels)
- increase in looseness could be affected by enemy size
- looseness combined with enemy size could effect difficulty of penetration. This might be important in battle rape scenarios.
- looseness could effect male pleasure (for instance, increase or decrease revenue from prostitution)

It would be interesting if enemies had various sex skill levels, even going so far as specializing (this enemy is great at cunnilingus or something)

Some Battle rape dynamics
- hold application dynamics
- - some molestation moves don't require holds (spanking, tit rub)
- - some molestation moves may require holds (rubbing clit, fingering (it's not believable that these could occur in a fight without the character being restrained))
- - if there is a single enemy, and that single enemy is actively holding the character, the molestation moves should be limited. For instance, one hand holding both character hands, the other hand is free to molest (but there should not be any two handed molestations)
- - holds can be object restraints. It would make sense if an active enemy hold allowed the application of an object restraint (handcuffs)
- - enemies can cooperate in holds. For instance, one enemy from the back holds up the character with legs up while a second enemy does molestation moves.
- other hold dynamics
- - types of holds can vary. The type of hold could dictate what molestation moves are available. For instance, held faced down on the ground might limit frontal molestation moves.
- - it would probably be useful to come up with a reference of holds and associated possible molestation moves
- molestation effect dynamics (rate of horninesss and orgasm increase)
- - the presense of clothing/armor can decrease effectiveness of molestations or completely prevent some
- - - (armor would need an "area prevention" list and a "area reduction" list)
- - sex skill of enemy
- - pre-existing horniness level and desire for sex
- molestation thoughts
- - a progressing intensity is usually most amusing. For instance, go from butt grabbing to kissing to fingering to penetration
- - having enemies only insert when character is horny gives the player a secondary goal of ensuring horniness meter stays down
- - - games are full of meter based goals: avoid zero health, avoid zero clothing health, and, in this case, avoid high horniness during battle
- - success rate of penetration could consider a number of factors: looseness, penis size, horniness

I've never found the linear damage to clothing during battle fun. I think enemy strip moves are better. Further:
- enemy strip moves don't remove all clothing at once, but damage or remove parts
- there should be a resistance/counter activity to strip moves. This could be a press 'z' repeatly style avoidance, or a press a series of keys avoidance. The difficulty could also be affected by horniness.

Most combat rape moves are better when there is an avoidance mechanism (rapidly pressing 'z'), allowing the player to engage. This could apply to multiple aspects
- grab success
- hold retention
- penetration
- non-held molestation attempt success (ie, if the character is not being held and a molestation move is attempted, the character might avoid the move)

I imagine having a reference to some of the delineable dynamics would be useful to developers (for instance, types of holds (probably taken from MMA) along with molestation move potentials). Further, if we settle on some dynamics, we can have a criteria for judging future hgames (for instance, does X game have dynamic Y?)