H-Scenes Game Test Edit RPGmaker Ace

Status
Not open for further replies.

IND3X

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Example Pictures:

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

Basically I extracted some scenes from different H-games and edit it using RPGMAKER to find out what people like regarding the pace/edit of that scene.
The edit I did are split into 3 group which is "Simple Edit, Moderate Edit, and Heavy Edit" and it can be seen on Pic 1 as as example. The goal of this discussion is to at least understand the problem with H-games' H-scenes. I've played games that contain bad to mediocre H-scenes, and while I'm being critical of it, some people try to defend it with various understandable reason. While it's true sometimes bad to mediocre H-scenes are there just because the gameplay of a game is the main attraction... I can't help to wonder that there should be something that could've been done to make the H-scenes somewhat enjoyable.

Are people fine with simple scenario where only CG with minimal sounds are used? Do people like something a bit complex with effect appearing on screen as the scene plays? Or maybe people prefer something of the middle ground in their H-scenes?

Before we move on I want at least to let you know what I think of Bad H-scenes in general:
No variant CGs, that scene only use 1 CG from start to finish of that H-scenes.
Reason: Lack of visual cue and it makes me like reading a book, considering more can be done in electronic media than reading. Or just a simple edit of expression on that CG to make it something's changing.
2. Minimal sound on H-scenes.
Reason: Lack of auditory cue also kills my mood to read further of that H-scenes and makes me just want to skip ahead. For me the sound is needed to built the atmosphere, at least just BGM/BGS and SE will do.
3. Short Payoff.
Reason: Self explanatory. it turns me off when there's a H-scenes that gives you a lot of exposition before leading up to that H-scenes "main course", but sadly the "main course" only happen for a short duration.

Now that you understand my perspective, do share what you think is a good or bad H-scenes or if there's something you disagree.
if you wanna try and see some example edits I made before you can share your opinion, or if you just want to judge whether the edit example I made isn't good enough:

I also included some footnote of edit that I did in the game.exe where you can read it yourself.
Also: I do not take credit for any work, english translation, etc in this "example", they belong to their respective owner/translator.

Last edited:

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Sharing links is only against the rules when a dev has specifically requested that we do not. ASKING for links is what's against the rules.

OP
IND3X

IND3X

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Sharing links is only against the rules when a dev has specifically requested that we do not. ASKING for links is what's against the rules.
Oh thank you so much for clarifying, I just read the posting rules again after this and noticed I misread the 2nd point.

Status
Not open for further replies.