What's new

RPG RPG Maker [hakkaku] テイル・アンダークラスト -ハスミと最後の7日間- / THE TALE OF UNDERCRUST ~The Last 7 Days of Hasumi~ (RJ212896)

kvathe

Reputation score
4th day :
  1. 1F west room, defeat 2 enemy near barrier then get shutter door key
  2. 2F click shutter door to 3F View attachment 13814
Anyone else have trouble getting through the barrier on floor 2 of lab 1? I've defeated every enemy in the lab (including 1F west room) and haven't had any key drop. The notebook tip says "You might find a key in a nearby room! The cult stores important objects in red boxes..." but I can't find a red box anywhere. Tips?

Reputation score
I don't have a file at that point, but I did manage to find a red box on the west side of F1 (accessed through the big door at the south side of F2). It's in one of the side rooms on the left side (it's a small room with basically nothing but the box and a couple enemies)

kvathe

Reputation score
Wow yep, there it is. I must have walked past those two side rooms at least 10 times and never thought they were anything more than alcoves in the hallway. Thank you!

Dr._Irrelevant

Reputation score
Can someone give me a guide for combat? I can select escape or fight > attack, E-skills, Sword skills. Is there a wait, item, or transform command?

Reputation score
You have to scroll down the Fight menu (it only shows 3 of 6 options until you do.) There you'll find Transform, E-Shield (the closest thing to a 'do nothing' but it blocks and absorbs elemental attacks), and Items.

blueinorb9

Reputation score
Can someone give me a guide for combat? I can select escape or fight > attack, E-skills, Sword skills. Is there a wait, item, or transform command?
Here's something even better than a combat guide; a translation of the game. It's 90%-ish complete, but it's more than enough.

https://ulmf.org/threads/rj212896-the-tale-of-undercrust-the-last-7-days-of-hasumi.12810/

EDIT: Changed from 99.999% to 90%-ish because it was misleading. I guess I'm a bit suck at wordings.

Last edited:

karmapowered

Lurker
Reputation score
This is such a nice game, which I ignored for the longest time because of the initial, unskippable r*pe.

I'm still not sure why Japanese authors are so intent on introducing their games with scenes that the player has no agency over, and is condemned to watch and endure like a mindless drone. They're anything but arousing to me because of that. Also, fuck ghosts and their possession skill, eating up all my MP supplies faster than I can return to camp.

Anyway, does anyone know if there is anything specific to do on this map ("cave tour"), or is it just decoration ? Sorry if this has been asked before.
RJ212896.png

Finally if you can't read Japanese, definitely play this game translated. The story is REALLY worth understanding, and is what IMO makes the game shine. Plus, you get to learn some cool stuff about geology and minerals. Thank you very much to the translators for that (y)

Sue Nami

Demon Girl
Reputation score
> I'm still not sure why Japanese authors are so intent on introducing their games with scenes that the player has no agency over, and is condemned to watch and endure like a mindless drone.

Because they want to include "virginity" as a tagged fetish. but they don't want to make defloration variations of every CG in the game nor include alternate text. So they have the MC lose her virginity in the opening act and then they don't have to deal with it for the rest of the game.

karmapowered

Lurker
Reputation score
Because they want to include "virginity" as a tagged fetish. but they don't want to make defloration variations of every CG in the game nor include alternate text.
You're probably right about this, but if it's true, first that sounds very much like a scam to me, like advertising/selling stuff for what it isn't, and second I have to wonder if this kind of scene really achieves what I'm going to assume to be its goal : arousing and keeping the player's interest ASAP.

As I've mentioned before, mandatory, non-interactive r*pe slide-shows do nothing to me, it's even the opposite, since we don't have the time to get "emotionally invested" in the character so early into the game, and can't do sh*t about it but sit and watch, which is boring. Sure it can be skipped, but then why bother with creating a whole introduction scene then ?

Not wanting to judge, but if people really care that much about the virginity tag in a female MC game, some "wiggle room" before she loses it would be welcome (and should be the norm in such eroges). Even better, the player should be involved in taking that decision. It's not like there is any penetrative sex in the first 1/3 or so of this game, and other authors do it just fine with a notification and/or a simple "blood" overlay, so to me the excuse of introducing too many CG variations doesn't hold water either.

It's a dumb practice that I wish game authors would get rid of.

Last edited:

Mikufanboy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
You're probably right about this, but if it's true, first that sounds very much like a scam to me, like advertising/selling stuff for what it isn't, and second I have to wonder if this kind of scene really achieves what I'm going to assume to be its goal : arousing and keeping the player's interest ASAP.

As I've mentioned before, mandatory, non-interactive r*pe slide-shows do nothing to me, it's even the opposite, since we don't have the time to get "emotionally invested" in the character so early into the game, and can't do sh*t about it but shit and watch, which is boring. Sure it can be skipped, but then why bother with creating a whole introduction scene then ?

Not wanting to judge, but if people really care that much about the virginity tag in a female MC game, some "wiggle room" before she loses it would be welcome (and should be the norm in such eroges). Even better, the player should be involved in taking that decision. It's not like there is any penetrative sex in the first 1/3 or so of this game, and other authors do it just fine with a notification and/or a simple "blood" overlay, so to me the excuse of introducing too many CG variations doesn't hold water either.

It's a dumb practice that I wish game authors would get rid of.
It's not a scam, just a checkmark on a box for the virginity lost fetish. He could have just not made her a virgin entirely, not like we need to know the backstory of her promiscuity or whatever reasons it may be. The story itself is not focused on a slice of life setting with a pure virgin girl so it's not essential. Much like how H games with NTR that instantly get into the H content without establishing a narrative or focus of emotional bonds, it's just fulfilling a quickie fap for those interested. Needless to say it 'could' be more focused, but that requires more effort and at that point the creator would need to decide on his priorities, you can't please everyone. If you feel dismayed over this, the only course is to find a creator that neatly follows your desires much like that of a reviewer so you can indulge more.

karmapowered

Lurker
Reputation score
Fair enough. Quite as you said, it makes no difference whatsoever to the story for the MC to start as virgin or not (and the r*pe is almost immediately dismissed as a mundane event I guess, which is even more perplexing). If a simple "lost virginity" notification would have been the price to pay to keep the v-card crowd happy (and perhaps even get a more interesting and story-focused introduction instead of some cheap fan-service), I'd gladly have taken that alternative.

I guess I'm just disappointed in how the author proves to be very talented through the rest of their game, able to write and draw some extremely hot scenes, providing the player with above-average gameplay for an eroge, educating us (me?) on a topic as dry as geology (!) through enjoyable in-game interactions, but drops the ball in the very introduction of the game. I almost missed out on the game because I usually quit and delete as soon as I'm greeted with a mandatory rapefest 5 seconds within the game... but I've said my piece, and think I'm going to stop here.

Last edited:

blueinorb9

Reputation score
I need help completing the rock glossary. What am I missing? (94%)

Here's what I have currently: Calcite, Pyrite, Quartz, Pharmacosiderite, Apatite, Cryolite, Fluorite, Natrolite, Malachite, Barite, Rutile, Elbaite, Analcime, Rhodocrosite, Alexandrite, Chalcanthite, Bismuth, Gold.

owenten

Reputation score
Does anybody know where to find the jade orb/core? I can't seem to find it to clear the rock in the forest.