What's new

Halp me?

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score
I'm looking for two flash videos "Saint Elmo's bullet" 1 and 2. I can find them, but i can't find a place that will let me download them?

Help a girl out?

Megamickel

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Halp me?

There are plugins for Firefox that let you download videos off of a website.

OP
Chibichibi

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Yes, but that's not a downloadable flash, and to be perfectly frank the only place i could get them to work, youtube, has shitty quality

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

No double posting! Here's the guys site. It's at the first one, you can find the 2nd one.

OP
Chibichibi

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

bless you. Now if i can actually download it...

D:

The downloader addon doesn't work for his site :IJhag;odfhgsfggb;eafd

Last edited:

Lumarin

Lurker
Reputation score

1.Right click these and select save link as..
2.???
3.Prophet

OP
Chibichibi

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

1.Right click these and select save link as..
2.???
3.Prophet

Oh my God i love you
Only #2 doesn't work >.>
Edit2: yes it does.
EDIT3: It does not, it shows up white >.>
EDIT4: as does the first one.

Last edited:

Lumarin

Lurker
Reputation score

Odd, it seems that geocities doesn't want to accept us and tries to send us to a Geo page when we click on em...

I did manage to get the file though, so let me upload it as an attachment.

Please note that it's only zipped because the forums are evil and don't let you just upload stuff.(Grr, Aika.)

Also, the reason you can't download them, I believe, is due to the fact that you haven't let them load in your browser at the pages that they're embedded in. Which..isn't right, but hey.

Fuck! That was a pain in the ass, but I got them both. The way to do it is to let the page that our buddy gave you load the swf file, and then use about:cache to find the location on your harddrive that the swf file was stored and then use that one.

That said, enjoy.

Edit: P.S. Bow down before my almighty E-Peen powers.

Edit Edit: It appears that the reason that you couldn't get them was because Yahoo! was claiming that the files didn't exist. Fuckin bastards.

Attachments

Last edited:

RMan

Lurker
Reputation score

There are a couple ways to get around the no download button.

• Go to the page were the flash is.
  • Right click anywere on the page and select view source.
  • Press ctrl+f
  • type .swf
  • sould have ended up on a url to the Flash file. If not click next till you do.
  • Now you can just copy this link into a new window for full screen goodness.
    -OR-
  • You can paste the link into an email to yourself, and then right click and say "save link as..."

Another way is to go to your temporary internet files (if you've already played it recently) and just search for .swf files to find the one your looking for.

Heres a link to the first one just right click say "save link as..." to download.

[EDIT]: Hmmm. geocities must have some kinda protection. just copy this into your browser it should work "http://www.geocities.jp/bullycats47/saintelmo.swf"

If you really want it locally on your pc just go into your temp internet files. firefox is weird in that respect though, so open it in IE then go to the temp internet files for IE.

If you don't know how to get to them just go to internet options in IE, under Browsing history hit settings, then click view files.

[EDIT][EDIT]: Damn you Lumarin, just two minutes ahead of meh. also how do you know which file is which in your cache? its just a bunch of files without extensions. thats why i always use IE for stuff like this.

Last edited:

Lumarin

Lurker
Reputation score

There are a couple ways to get around the no download button.

• Go to the page were the flash is.
  • Right click anywere on the page and select view source.
  • Press ctrl+f
  • type .swf
  • sould have ended up on a url to the Flash file. If not click next till you do.
  • Now you can just copy this link into a new window for full screen goodness.
    -OR-
  • You can paste the link into an email to yourself, and then right click and say "save link as..."

Another way is to go to your temporary internet files (if you've already played it recently) and just search for .swf files to find the one your looking for.

Heres a link to the first one just right click say "save link as..." to download.
Isn't that what I just...:confused:

Anyways, the link to the swf file doesn't work unless you ALSO have the page that it's used on open, which is extremely strange.

RMan

Lurker
Reputation score

You posted while i was typing my post so thats why... i guess it was ten minutes apart.

OP
Chibichibi

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

j;ligauegbkjfd

STILL FUKKIN WHITE.

*stabs internet* I'll just get them from my boyfriend sorry guys.

Last edited:

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Hmm? Well I'm not sure what the problem was, and I've not looked into those other methods sugested, but my Firefox utility worked for me. I just googled saint elmos bullet and ripped it from the first site I found. I've uploaded em for you, but you should look into a Firefox extension, or a different one maybe if you tried that. I use something called Download Embedded.

A little late, but here you are.
SEB1

SEB2

Thanks for leading me to a nifty flash by the way. Enjoy.

(Edit - Damn, you beat me to it. I had this reply window up for over an hour because my brother wouldn't leave and let me post. -_-)

Lumarin

Lurker
Reputation score

Hmm? Well I'm not sure what the problem was, and I've not looked into those other methods sugested, but my Firefox utility worked for me. I just googled saint elmos bullet and ripped it from the first site I found. I've uploaded em for you, but you should look into a Firefox extension, or a different one maybe if you tried that. I use something called Download Embedded.

A little late, but here you are.
SEB1

SEB2

Thanks for leading me to a nifty flash by the way. Enjoy.

(Edit - Damn, you beat me to it. I had this reply window up for over an hour because my brother wouldn't leave and let me post. -_-)
Well, I actually beat you by 12 hours, but no one looked at the attachments! No one! not even chibi! :(

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Ah well you see I skimmed the other posts and went about finding it myself when it seemed there was no success from reading the last few posts. But I'll admit your victory.

Unless... Chibi uses my links anyway, har!

Lumarin

Lurker
Reputation score

Dang, now more people are gonna chime in with links to their own files, missing my posts and other previous posts. Curse you alll111!!!!oneoneeleventythousand111!1!!!

OP
Chibichibi

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

it's fine i already emailed my boyfriend