What's new

[Complete - Full] [ハウスゲーム / HouseGame] 退魔師リオ The Cursed Village / Exorcist Rio: The Cursed Village (RJ248195)

Mataku

Reputation score
Title Screen.JPG
Game Thread: https://ulmf.org/threads/hausugeemu...illage-rio-the-cursed-village-rj248195.12869/
DLSite JP:
DLsite EN:

I started translating this game a quite a while ago but stopped because I was busy and (AE1992) had started there own translation.
But with the current situation he had to put his on hold, and since I have extra free time now I started working on mine again.

Last edited:
OP
Mataku

Mataku

Reputation score
Updated the translation patch.
Everything should be translated except for a couple of scenes with Guzuo and the Recollection Room.

Oir

Reputation score
My absolute favourite series! Thanks for picking up the translation!

OP
Mataku

Mataku

Reputation score
The game should be 100% translated now, but tell me if I missed anything.
Let me know what you think and/or if you have any suggestions.

Last edited:

roy1998

Reputation score
The game should be 100% translated now, but tell me if I missed anything.
Let me know what you think and/or if you have any suggestion.
how do you get the translation poack to work? must i remove the old www map then insert the new one? i did that but when i start its still jap.
or is the start of the game where the (i assume) villegers are talking and disturbed by that tentacle monster not translated?

OP
Mataku

Mataku

Reputation score
how do you get the translation poack to work? must i remove the old www map then insert the new one? i did that but when i start its still jap.
or is the start of the game where the (i assume) villegers are talking and disturbed by that tentacle monster not translated?
You just need to copy/move the entire folder from the translation into the game folder, replacing the original files.
Capture.JPG

Oir

Reputation score
Wasn't expecting it to be done so fast! Thanks again for the translation!
Will definitely play through it! Also a big thanks to the others who attempted the translation beforehand!

roy1998

Reputation score
You just need to copy/move the entire folder from the translation into the game folder, replacing the original files.
View attachment 33934
1596792743990.png
i switched the www files but it still doenst seem to work.
i should add that i use the version that was on f95zone for the game so could that be the problem? and where did you get your copy of the game from if that could be it?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Mataku

Mataku

Reputation score
View attachment 33940
i switched the www files but it still doenst seem to work.
i should add that i use the version that was on f95zone for the game so could that be the problem? and where did you get your copy of the game from if that could be it?
Ah, I see the issue. Your game needs to be unboxed so you can access the game files. You're going to need Enigma VB Unpacker to unbox it.
You can download it here:
Run the program, select Game_Boxed with it, and then hit unpack. You'll get a folder called %DEFAULT FOLDER%.
You will have to rename %DEFAULT FOLDER% to whatever you like, then you should see the files like I showed you in my post above.

Last edited:

Oir

Reputation score
Played through the entire thing. A very high quality translation! I wouldn't have even noticed it was edited MTL if you hadn't said it.
Pretty clear that you also went through previous Rio games to keep things consistent with the past translations such as the noises that Rio and the monsters make (nyururururu lmao). Was a nice touch and really felt like an official translation! Conversations are natural, sex scenes are well written without being robotic/stiff, and the overall translation has a high amount of polish and completion.

(It's almost a meme but watch your their vs. they're vs. there and your vs you're :3)

Thank you again for a wonderful translation on a fantastic game!
If your time and interests allow for it, I'd love to see more from you!

AE1992

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Fantastic translation. Thanks for doing this.

You finished just in time for their next game :p

OP
Mataku

Mataku

Reputation score
Played through the entire thing. A very high quality translation! I wouldn't have even noticed it was edited MTL if you hadn't said it.
Pretty clear that you also went through previous Rio games to keep things consistent with the past translations such as the noises that Rio and the monsters make (nyururururu lmao). Was a nice touch and really felt like an official translation! Conversations are natural, sex scenes are well written without being robotic/stiff, and the overall translation has a high amount of polish and completion.

(It's almost a meme but watch your their vs. they're vs. there and your vs you're :3)

Thank you again for a wonderful translation on a fantastic game!
If your time and interests allow for it, I'd love to see more from you!
Thanks for the feedback!
Ya, I'm staring at a big wall of text when translating so it's easy for the "there"s and the "your"s to slip past.
I'll defiantly try to watch for that in my next translation.

Fantastic translation. Thanks for doing this.

You finished just in time for their next game :p
Thanks for replying, it's nice to hear back from people playing it, even if it's only a couple.
100% going to translate their next game as soon as I can get it.

I haven't started a thread for it but I'm translating HouseGames Ninja Girl Ayame right now, thought I would complete their last game.

AE1992

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Thanks for replying, it's nice to hear back from people playing it, even if it's only a couple.

I haven't started a thread for it but I'm translating HouseGames Ninja Girl Ayame right now, thought I would complete their last game.
Nice! I never played the ninja game because the translation never got finished, really looking forward to seeing it completed :)

Oir

Reputation score
Thanks for the feedback!
Ya, I'm staring at a big wall of text when translating so it's easy for the "there"s and the "your"s to slip past.
I'll defiantly try to watch for that in my next translation.

That's fantastic news! People were talking about your translation on 4chan and other forums with really nice things to say! ULMF's translation forum just isn't always super active and it can be pretty hit or miss which threads get bumped up or buried. It was legitimately a very good translation and it's a very well known and popular H-game series. People definitely know about it and appreciate it :)