What's new

[HELP] Encoding::UndefinedConversionError ocurred.

hellotoko

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Hey friends, how you doing?

So.. I'm starting a translation (don't want to make it official yet) of Bitch Dancer's Quest, by ONEONE1, but for some unknown reason I keep getting this error:

error.png
I've tried to translate only screen text and only the database items but both resulted in this error. Does anyone have any idea of how to solve this?

Thanks in advance

maurilio_br

Reputation score
I know absolutely nothing about translating, BUT, wouldn't setting the text you're writing from UTF-8 into Shift_JIS solve the issue? It just seems to be the encoding used for japanese text.

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score
In RPGMaker games every script has to have the same encoding. My guess is that you inadvertently changed the encoding of one script by editting it You could likely fix this issue by editing every single script in the game (as in, adding a space at the end or something) to set all the scripts to the encoding that you're using.

Or use translation software which takes care of this for you.

OP
hellotoko

hellotoko

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I see, I'll give it a try... But I found some info on other forums regarding the ONEONE1 "encrypting" method... They seem to use something more than the RPG Maker to make sure noone could decrypt it... So, until I figure out how to get the whole code, I can't edit everything yet.