What's new

Holding out for a Hero: Sarah White

OP
Ranger Princess

Ranger Princess

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Holding out for a Hero: Sarah White

"Of course! Nicholai is so wonderful isn't he?" Ember practically beamed when Sarah laughed. She pressed close to Sarah and giggled with her. She kept laughing a little while longer, a little bit too long, as if she was slightly awkward or maybe trying too hard to make Sarah like her.

Ember's mood soured abruptly, however, when Sarah indicated her desire to go to the Thaumaturgy initiation. Her lips curled down into a jealous frown. A hint of darkness even passed through her green eyes before vanishing without a trace.

"We do have all the time in the world, yes...but I want to spend as much of it with you as we can." Ember pouted, then paused and forced out a sigh. "I suppose you're right. We can't ignore our duty forever. Initiation is an important day for a young Tremere after all... Oh silly me. You must have so many questions! Don't be afraid to ask sweetie."

Ember took Sarah's hand, leading Sarah out of her room at a snail's pace.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Sarah half-frowned as Ember did so. "Well I'm just thinking I'm the newbie! If we're late, I think I'd be the one blamed even if you were tempting me." She wagged her finger and giggled, to show that she was sympathetic, really. "I don't know everyone well enough to really know... like, what they expect of me, and all that. I mean, yeah, normally, I'd say bumbling along as I was and guided this way I should be cut a little slack or something, but at the same time this definitely feels like a big honor! I just don't want to let anyone down." Sarah had let herself get a little worked up, then slouched a bit after letting it out, but she wasn't in a bad mood.

"Don't worry, I know exactly who to come to for any questions." She winked at Ember, in a 'I'm talking about YOU' fashion. "Besides, I'm sure the Master is rather busy most of the time, I don't want to bother him with either trivial questions or other faux pas I might make..." Sarah leaned on Ember a bit playfully as she was led, partially trying to coax Ember to go faster, but also letting her know that it wasn't like she was trying to abandon the redhead for the other family members right away or anything.

OP
Ranger Princess

Ranger Princess

Tentacle God
Reputation score

"Oh, you are right of course..." Ember said with a shy smile, looking embarrassed. "I guess I forgot how nervous it can be starting out in a new world. You know, I have been kindred for 132 years, and you are my very first childe? I just want everything to be perfect."

Ember led Sarah through the long winding hallways of the Tremere chantry. Red carpets stretched across the hard wood floor, and portraits of old fashioned but eccentric looking men and women lined the hall. Some were even doing feats of magic or making otherwise silly poses, apparently taking themselves too seriously... or not enough.

"Oh yes, the Master can be very busy," Ember quickly agreed when Sarah implied she should bring her trivial matters to her instead. "Definitely bring all those questions to me. I can answer anything!"

Just as Ember was saying that, the pair of Tremere women walked out into what appeared to be an old fashioned ballroom. The furniture had been taken out, however. All except a chandelier in the center and a great grand father clock that must have stood about ten feet tall at the wall. In front of the clock stood a man that Sarah didn't recognize. No sooner did he turn around and the great clock chimed throughout the room... Bong...Bong...Bong.

The man looked surprised when he saw Sarah and Ember but smiled. He was tall and thin with neatly trimmed and parted brown hair and equally neat clothes. He spread his arms warmly in greeting as he approached the pair of women.

"Ember, you didn't tell me our new sister was such a lovely young lady. I don't believe we've met. I am James, at your service mi'lady."

Ember rolled her eyes a bit as James bowed politely. "I did. You were just too busy with your gadgets to notice." Ember smiled ruefully to Sarah. "James is our resident tinker."

"I would hardly call what I do tinkering," James replied with his distinctive English accent. "I specialize in the Art of Technomancy. It is not the same."

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Sarah looked curiously around, trying to get a feel for the layout as they made their way through the halls. There was just so much to take in, though, Sarah doubted she would remember much of anything, such was the rush of the new exciting experience. The ballroom was especially overwhelming, but it had one feature that was quite fixating, James.

"Hehe, why hello there." Sarah might have blushed, had blood still flowed within her as it did in normal humans. He was quite charming, and she was a bit susceptible to such charms right now. "Technomancy? That sounds cool. Like something from one of those movies that is a little out of left field." Perhaps not the brightest thing to say, but the rush of feelings was making her giddy. She countered with a bit of an awkward smile, hoping James would not take offense at what might be a slight to his discipline. It wasn't something she'd ever imagined as existing, so it wasn't like she actually had any intelligent comment on the matter anyway. She might be able to make a stab at the other forms of "magic", but no doubt true practitioners would quickly tire of her pop culture references. They were exactly the sort of questions she should probably bring to Ember first...