What's new

Hounds Of The Blade (old)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Hounds Of The Blade

this is off a fresh download, so i don't see a keyconfig file.
and i don't have a controller. well....i have a ps3 controller and motioninjoy, but given the issues with that....
This may come as a shock to you, but a ps3 controller is a controller.

Unplug them both and try again.

sigmazx

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

My game crashes after the initial dialogue (the girl talking to the duck and the goblin), in the Now Loading screen.
I'm using Win8.1 x64.
I've already tried to open the game with AppLocale and to open the game from a short path (C:/Hounds). Both didn't work. Does someone know what I'm doing wrong?
Disable all sound in Playback devices and run it in Win7 compatibility mode just to be sure.

Metal Slime

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

this is off a fresh download, so i don't see a keyconfig file.
and i don't have a controller. well....i have a ps3 controller and motioninjoy, but given the issues with that....
Use Better DS3 instead of motionjoy ui . Better DS3 still uses the motionjoy drivers that you have installed but has a better ui layout and profile selection that works. Avoid using the motionjoy ui after you install Better DS3.

Netty

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

You can also try Pinnacle game profiler as that supports just about every controller, not free though :)

romanpen

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

ok, so how the fuck to i actually play the game, i've downloaded it twice and cant find the fucking aplication, i know its something really simple and i sound like a dumbass asking, but please humor me, i cant read through 150 pages of discussion to find how to play a flash...

Vinceras

Formerly Havokor
Reputation score

ok, so how the fuck to i actually play the game, i've downloaded it twice and cant find the fucking aplication, i know its something really simple and i sound like a dumbass asking, but please humor me, i cant read through 150 pages of discussion to find how to play a flash...
umm...the .exe called Hounds of the blade? If what you downloaded doesn't have that....not sure wth you downloaded.

Wessex

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Flash? Dude this game is made by game maker. o_O And the starting exe is in the root directory of the game.

romanpen

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

yea sry i just realised i downloaded the translation and not the game, got it all smoothed out now.

btw how much longer until they update it past the lizards?

and where are the cockroaches?

jimmythehand

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

As for DS3 Controllers, I use SCPServer. Have had absolutely 0 issues with it after install and restart. Treats all of my DS3 controllers as Xbox, It may also work with next gen. There are some options to get bluetooth controllers to work.
emulation-general.wikia.com/wiki/SCP_Driver_Package is what I am talking about

BlancNeige

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

When HoTB gets the win 8.1 issues sorted out, I might just upgrade to it, been running the same installation of Win 7 SP1 since September 2010 when it came out.

I think HoTB is the only thing left that has problems with W8.1 on my system.
Drivers and other things are actually not a problem even though my system is from early 2008.

Nadzlee

Reputation score

When HoTB gets the win 8.1 issues sorted out, I might just upgrade to it, been running the same installation of Win 7 SP1 since September 2010 when it came out.

Drivers and other things are actually not a problem even though my system is from early 2008.
The only problem I've ever encounter with HotB running on Win 8/8.1 is crashing. Well, that could be fix by;
1.disable all your playback devices
2.run HotB and wait till it finish loading where there'll be a popup saying "No playback devices detected" etc something like that
3.enable your playback devices back once you got into the main menu

Hope it helps!
*don't worry i've been lurking arnd ulmf for loooooooooong time

Vinceras

Formerly Havokor
Reputation score

I wouldn't. Windows 8 is garbage and they are already pretty close to a new version that isn't total crap. But that's me...and a bunch of others...so.

moogles

Lurker
Reputation score

I wouldn't. Windows 8 is garbage and they are already pretty close to a new version that isn't total crap. But that's me...and a bunch of others...so.
Better question is, has anyone actually tested HoTB on windows 10? o_O
It may have issues on that also.

I'm going to have to upgrade to windows 10, but waiting for it to be final. Windows 7 sucks for 4K display, where as windows 10 is supposed to scale well with it so ;/

Penttiseta

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Better question is, has anyone actually tested HoTB on windows 10? o_O
It may have issues on that also.

I'm going to have to upgrade to windows 10, but waiting for it to be final. Windows 7 sucks for 4K display, where as windows 10 is supposed to scale well with it so ;/
What and where is that gif from in your sig, looks sexy =D

jur07dbe

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

It indeed looks really sexy GwG
It's MikuMikuDance (an 3d animation software) with a nude model. Both are downloaded for free I believe (atleast base model)

textbook703

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I built a computer a year ago and did a bunch of research on Windows 7 vs Windows 8. I chose 8 because they said they were trying to phase out compatibility with 7 as soon as possible. After a year of using Windows 8, here's my opinion:

Windows 8 is a frustrating piece of garbage that tries to be "intuitive" by being the weakest software I've ever used. It doesn't tell you what's happening or why; all you ever see is a spinning loading wheel or whatever, and some white-text-on-plain-color-background text that says, "Hey buddy, we're taking care of all that geeky stuff for you. We'll have you up and running in no time." while it continuously fails to perform some task you can't identify. It removes all your diagnostic capabilities because there are no "More Info" buttons or "Yes, I know there's no Microsoft approved safety sticker for this website, but I want to click it anyway because I know that it's safe" button. Anything you can dream up in Windows 7 that MAY come across as even the SLIGHTEST bit threatening or intimidating to Grandma or to an 11 year old girl, has been removed. You're also going to need to relearn every basic function just about, because shit has been moved around to be easier to understand if you were born today and had never encountered a computer before and GOD I FUCKING HATE WINDOWS 8

When I bought Windows 8 a year ago for like $90 I think, Windows 7 was $105. That's how much everyone hates Windows 8.

Don't fucking get it.

Vinceras

Formerly Havokor
Reputation score

I built a computer a year ago and did a bunch of research on Windows 7 vs Windows 8. I chose 8 because they said they were trying to phase out compatibility with 7 as soon as possible. After a year of using Windows 8, here's my opinion:

Windows 8 is a frustrating piece of garbage that tries to be "intuitive" by being the weakest software I've ever used. It doesn't tell you what's happening or why; all you ever see is a spinning loading wheel or whatever, and some white-text-on-plain-color-background text that says, "Hey buddy, we're taking care of all that geeky stuff for you. We'll have you up and running in no time." while it continuously fails to perform some task you can't identify. It removes all your diagnostic capabilities because there are no "More Info" buttons or "Yes, I know there's no Microsoft approved safety sticker for this website, but I want to click it anyway because I know that it's safe" button. Anything you can dream up in Windows 7 that MAY come across as even the SLIGHTEST bit threatening or intimidating to Grandma or to an 11 year old girl, has been removed. You're also going to need to relearn every basic function just about, because shit has been moved around to be easier to understand if you were born today and had never encountered a computer before and GOD I FUCKING HATE WINDOWS 8

When I bought Windows 8 a year ago for like $90 I think, Windows 7 was $105. That's how much everyone hates Windows 8.

Don't fucking get it.
That made me giggle. Yeah. Every experience I've had with 8 has been a frustration akin to a continuous jock itch that you cannot do anything about because you are standing in front of a crowd of people who are all watching you. If I were a computer tech, I would refuse to work on Windows 8.

moogles

Lurker
Reputation score

Windows 8 is so bad, when windows 10 is out, they are giving windows 8 users FREE windows 10 upgrades.
and yeah I have to agree it is pretty terrible... one PC at work has it, and you can't tell wtf is going on with it when its not working right...

Thedeadly

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I've been using Windows 8.1 without any problems. If something happens im easily able to diagnose what it is and fix it. I use to have issues with high disc usage but I was able to take care of all of that. It's never told me that it was busy handling all of its business during that.

Status
Not open for further replies.